RP: Othersiders: (Day 1 - Daytime)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Drey Wilkins
Spoken languages: English + Scraps of Russian

Re: RP: Othersiders: (Day 1 - Daytime)

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Spoiler : :
Damn, does Mizuki get some sort of sexual thrill from the idea of others getting utterly destroyed?
That's pretty creepy.
'They just keep coming!' I exclaim inside my head, raising one hand and catching one of the pink toads as it comes flying at me.
With a sudden aggressiveness that I can neither explain nor condone, I clench my hand into a fist, cleanly slicing the toad into three disgusting chunks, each one splattering my hand with a purple syrupy fluid shortly before falling to the floor.
'Christ, what the hell are these things?'

I look up from the thick purple blood dripping from my claws to find myself greeted by the sight of one of the several dozen frogs grouping together to attack me getting thrown back by a perfectly placed arrow to the face, which is accompanied by the sight of that same thick blood spraying from the wound in small stringy blobs. It's a nice helping hand, but I feel slightly irked that while about twenty-eight frogs are lining up to attack me, Probably! Mizuki seems to be running so low that she can literally help me out.

"Real things in the darkness seem no realer than dreams... wouldn't you agree?" Probably! Mizuki speaks conversationally beside me, still sitting on her mount.

'Uh... these things seem pretty real to me.' I turn to look at the mounted archer, wishing that I could reply. I have absolutely no clue what's going on here, but if things stay this way there are going to be some big problems with me not having a mouth. '...But if you want to keep randomly tossing-off statements that only seem deep and meaningful when they're left unanalysed, you go ahead.'

Feeling slightly smug with the internal deadpan-snark I just delivered, I turn my attention back to my oncoming attackers, only to receive a face-full of flying toad.
'Ugh.' I reel backwards from the force while the toad drops neatly to the ground, quickly regaining my balance as that same calming force asserts itself once more within my mind. 'Real smart. Come up with a quip no-one will ever hear, and then get blind-sided by a frog you knew was there.'

I recover quickly, feeling extremely irritated with myself as I turn back to the creature squatting on the ground in front of me. 'Okay you little-'

Without warning the toad lets out a high pitched shriek, which almost instantly throws me back with a blast of pressurized air.
The force of the shockwave sends me straight into the classroom wall with a loud sound which is a cross between a 'thud and a 'crunch', which is promptly followed b me falling to one knee, dazed.

'Oww...' I raise one hand to my head, even as out of the corner of my 'eye' I notice the toad tensing up for another jump.

The offending creature takes its second jump at me, and I suddenly feel a stab of annoyance through the oppressive calm being enforced on my mind. 'Damn, why can't you just die like the rest of your friends?' This unexpected bout of irritation is accompanied by a sharp series of pinches on my back. At first I have no clue what the sensation is, but I get a reasonably sizeable clue when the toad suddenly finds itself on a long black spike which wasn't there a moment ago.
At the same time, I feel a change inside my mind. It's not the same as that stab of annoyance, but something different... like, a new capability. I feel like I can simply do more now... as if I have more mobility... or extra limbs.

'Wait... what if that's... this thing?' I turn my head slightly to examine the strange black spike impaling the twitching frog, which upon a short impulse from my brain throws the corpse to the side. 'Oh god, it is.'
I cast my eyes up along the length of the appendage, observing it's spider-like appearance and the way it did indeed seem to trace back to... my shoulder blades?

I tentatively return the growth to what I assume to be its resting position, judging by how comfortable it feels.
Slowly, I rise back to a standing position, quickly checking and finding that I do indeed have another three of those strangely perfect looking arachnid legs. It seems that I now have eight limbs, four of which are perfect for killing these little toads.

'This day is freaking insane.' I comment to myself, stepping back up to my previous position beside the mounted Probably! Mizuki, ready to get back into the fight. 'I wonder If there are any mirrors nearby. I need to check these things out.'
Okay, a little sloppy... but the content's there.
Your turn, GD.

Avatar and signature made by the wonderful Holhol.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

I won't answer that Drey, other than saying that if you think that's pretty creepy, never go to the other forum I RP at. Also, Mizuki was quoting The Tale of Genji. I should have made that clearer, I suppose. Anyway Drey, should I have Mizuki clear a good amount of the remaining enemies, and then you finish the rest in your next post?
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Real Name (2024), A Silly Little Dream (hopefully late 2024 or very early 2025), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully late 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Drey Wilkins

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Oh no, I don't think it's THAT creepy. That's actually very mild overall, but kinda creepy by AAO standards. Come on. You can't think that no one else on AAO hasn't written some dark stuff as well.

Anyway; yeah. We should do that.

GuardianDreamer

Okay, good. If you honestly thought THAT was creepy, I'd recommend that you never read any Visual Novels ever. Anyway, I'll do a quick post, because I have trial work to do.
"It's all about the light at the end of the tunnel now. Don't worry, we'll both pull through. You have my word, on the honor of the Tsukihime family." Mizuki simply said to Kabuo. Even though she wasn't looking at Kabuo when she said those words, it was easy to tell that she was being serious. True, Mizuki had a side to her that was more than a bit strange, but that didn't mean that she wasn't a good person at heart. Though right about now, she was sure that Kabuo probably resented her a bit. But what could Mizuki have done? If she had tried explaining all of this before deciding to go to The Otherside, Kabuo wouldn't have believed her, or at least it was very unlikely. And if she had done nothing, there was a possibility that Kabuo would have tried going to The Otherside by himself, and gotten himself killed.

Then again, Mizuki had to admit that she felt a small amount of guilt over what she had done. There was a chance that Kabuo would have just ignored the message, and he'd be able to live his life normally. Hadn't she more or less forced him to give up his old life and adapt to this new one? But Mizuki was convinced that she had done the right thing. It was definitely cruel, but at the same time, it was kindness. At least the worst possible outcome had been avoided. That much was something that she was glad about. They would definitely need to talk after this battle was over. But how would THAT go? Would she just awkwardly explain everything, while Kabuo was unable to say anything? It seemed like something out of some sort of strange horror-comedy.

"Just hang in there for a bit. I know you're tired, but you'll get a break soon, girl." Mizuki said to her mare, who was without a doubt her most loyal companion. Perhaps it was strange, but Mizuki felt a close bond with the horse that had guided her in battle. It sounded generic, but she honestly felt like the two of them shared a mind and soul together. Almost as though the unnamed mare was Mizuki's twin sister. Why hadn't she given the mare a name, anyway? Perhaps she always felt like one wasn't needed. They understood each other enough, anyway.

"Finish the rest of them off, please." Mizuki said, after firing a volley of arrows at the group of pink toads. Liquid that seemed like blood gushed out of the pink toads, some of it landing on Mizuki's armor. She had targeted a large group that had decided to jump at the two of them, after all. Really, this probably seemed like some sort of weird dream to Kabuo. She wasn't sure whether to pity Kabuo, or find the whole situation amusing. Perhaps both, then. Mizuki observed the battlefield, feeling a lot more calm. Her heart was slowing down to a steady pulse, and she was breathing more normally now. Yes, the battle was nearly over. The pink toads weren't a huge threat after all, no matter what their numbers were. By now, they had dwindled to just a small group.
You can decide how big that "small group" is. I left it vague so that you could do whatever you wanted.
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Real Name (2024), A Silly Little Dream (hopefully late 2024 or very early 2025), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully late 2025)
Make My Life Worse
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Post by Sleuth »

Benjamin:

"Well, looks like we got the cold shoulder," Ben said, scratching his head. He turned back to Ayame with a smile.

"Well, why don't we go along, then?" He said, beginning to walk off. As he reached the door, he paused-- He'd entirely forgotten where he was off to. Oh, right, the Otherside. To make sure this girl would have the proper training she'd need to keep herself alive. Initiation. He'd done it before, so it shouldn't be hard.

In honest, it was never easy to drag newcomers into his fight. Not for him. There were some, some who relished the fight all too much-- New monsters that he'd spawned just the same as heroes. Dragging them in was his sin; so it was up to him to protect and guide them into the heroes he needed. To Herald them to the light, so to speak. He could only hope he would be strong enough to do so.

"Ah, we were going to... the mall, yes?" Ben asked, looking over his shoulder at his companion, "Let's not dawdle, then. I hear they have cinnamon rolls on half off today!"
Magical port to the mall.
As the two entered the bustling food court of the Anaconda Mall, the wave of sound and people quickly enveloped them into the endless sea of faces. Benjamin quickly directed himself and Ayame to an empty table.

"Well, this is nice so far," Benjamin said, dropping his bag at his chair. He took a seat with a friendly smile. "Do you come here often, Ayame?"
Naomi and Azrael post will come later because I am tired now.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Anaconda Mall
Ayame looked around at the crowds of people as she followed Ben to the table. She didn't seem to recognnize a soul in sight.

"Well, this is nice so far. Do you come here often, Ayame?"

Ayame rolled up to the table and returned the smile. "Not really, I've never been much of a shopper. Though it's pretty nice to just get out and hang out with somebody for once. She pushed her hair back nervously. She was still trying to decide if Ben was hitting on her or if he was just a really friendly boy.
And now...to prevent restating the OP in dialogue...JUMP CUT OF THE PLOT BEING EXPLAINED TO KYO!
The Outlaws' Base
Kyo sat still, taking in all that Ironblood had just told him. He was having trouble dealing with all this strange information. What he had thought was simply a dream at first had grown into much more. An alternate dimension? Gangs? Malevolence? It was all too insane to be true.

It took quite a bit of coaxing to convince Kyo, really. He refused to accept that he had been sucked into a separate universe through his phone for a while, with reason. Yet Ironblood was clearly a professional at this speech by now. He answered all of Kyo's questions, and did his best to prove the reality of it. However, he pulled through and now Kyo knew the truth. This Otherside was its own universe, and Kyo was only a small piece on this board.

He thought he was the only one, for a while. When he fought the gorilla (he now knew it to be a "Sloth" breed of the animalistic Malevolence creatures residing here), he figured it was him aganist the world. When he met Needler and Ironblood, he thought he'd be a welcome new hero in a small community fighting against these creatures. But no, it was bigger than that. This whole version of Hirasaka was filled with people, all with their own intents and purposes. He was merely a pawn, surrounded by an army of other pawns.

But there was one king in play. And that was the thing that interested Kyo the most.

This Lord Azrael...the man who seemed to be the enemy of all in this land. He was the final boss, the CEO, the diabolical dictator. From what Kyo could tell, Lord Azrael was a threat to all of humanity. That simply wouldn't do. Kyo wouldn't allow for some man to come along and just do away with humanity. It was unforgivable.

Of course, Kyo didn't care about humanity. He didn't care fo the sea of human faces he was forced to live with. But if his species lost, it was checkmate. The people of this world were needed to thrive, to win the game. Sure an entire line of pawns could be taken down with little consequence in the end, but the king would still be left far more open if they were. And pawns were too pathetic to simply win the game themselves. That's why Kyo couldn't stand Azrael. He couldn't let his race simply be checkmated by one bad king. Even if they were too stupid to even deserve life.

Kyo made his decision. He would truly be a Liberator. Following Ironblood, he would personally impale Lord Azrael. He would keep his side of the board intact. It would be his time to truly prove his worth above the mass of faces.

"...Well, Ironblood, I suppose I don't have many other options. I'll join you. I'll become an Outlaw."
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Wackyman

Post by Wackyman »

Sorry for taking forever. I dont even know whats going on anymore so sorry if I fulp anything up.
Yuzuru's eyes shifted from the stopwatch on his phone to the skies every few seconds, waiting for Valefore's return. They were testing how fast he could go to the mall and back. It was mostly due to boredom waiting for Kana to show up - if she ever planed too - but it would be helpful to have Valefore be able to zip past the city in case he would ever need Valefore to run an errand for him - like if he forgot his backpack at home, or he needed something delivered. The former happened much too often. Yu rarely found a need to have Valefore carry something or pick something up, but ever since he got his power he's tried to be prepared for any situation. He wouldn't lose.

Valefore finally came into view and Yu stopped the watch. Valefore landed gracefully on his glove and Yu checked the time, smirking a little. "You shaved a few seconds off your last time. Nice work! But we were kind of aiming for lower. Maybe I've been feeding you too much, eh? You're lookin' a bit plump to me. Your weight will slow you down."

Valefore didn't take too kindly to this teasing and proceeded to peck his owner's face. "Ow!" Yu grunted. "Can't you take a joke?" After a moment, he laughed it off. He had gotten used to Valefore's pecking, so it didn't bother him as much. There was little Valefore could do that could make him upset. They were inseparable friends, after all. The two could understand each other without words, a connection that only a few people were lucky enough to posses. In the end it was thanks to Valefore that he was able to get to where he was today.

As they were having their little wordless moment, Kana came from behind them. Yu nodded in her direction. "I'm ready to go. Don't get us killed when we're over there, okay?" Valefore, without needing instruction, flew off, knowing his master would be going somewhere he could not follow. Yu whipped out his dick phone and texted the correct address. Within moments, he was transported to the Otherside. His small wings spread as far as they could go and his heavenly glow radiated in the dark, unearthly world.

Yu clutched his hammer and gave a mischievous grin. "Alright, let's see what you got in store for me today, Otherside."
HIROSHI-SAMA IS STILL THE GREATEST.
SS Sleuth and I are the same person.
gotMLK7 fashioned the Trama picture below out of female skulls.

[3/19/14 11:31:48 PM] Ultimate Butt-Rubber (Gumpei): on the other hand you could try playing with your balls submerged in icy water
[3/19/14 11:31:51 PM] Nick (Hodou): yeah I'm thinking that's the idea.

Check out my first trial co-created with Dypo_deLina Firing up the Turnabout!
Call me Wacky.

Drey Wilkins

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Just putting a little note here saying that I will be posting soon.

GuardianDreamer

Sorry this took a while. Comp entry work took up my time. And the Awakening demo. Visual Novels may also have had a part.
"And so, this cycle repeats itself once more. When will this cease to be necessary...?" Kana whispered to herself, her tone of voice rather melancholy. She took out her cellphone. It wasn't like she had been doing this for a long time, but it already felt like it had been years, somehow. How long would this 'war' continue? She intended to do everything in her power to make sure that it ended in the best way possible, but it wasn't as though change happened overnight. And truthfully, she was worried about how it would impact the lives of other people.

She didn't like thinking about it, but surely there had been people who had mysteriously disappeared. Poor souls that had lost their lives due to being involved in The Otherside. Their families would have no way to know what had truly happened to them. That was something that Kana wanted to prevent. It was one of the many goals that she had chosen to bear. She had chosen to bear a lot on her shoulders, and the responsibility was great. But maybe her shoulder was too slim to carry that weight. Of course, she had the support of others, but would that be enough?

These thoughts would just lower her morale. Kana decided to stop thinking about this, at least for now, and performed the steps needed to enter The Otherside. Already, it felt like something that she had been doing since she was born.

The world stood still, and she waited. In the next moment, time seemed to unfreeze, and Kana took a deep breath. Her balance felt rather different. The wings on her back were the reason for this, of course. As if to match her own heterochromia, the wings on her back were both different. One seemed like the pure white wing of a heron, while the other seemed like it wouldn't look out of place on a phoenix. She was careful not to stumble, and after a few seconds, got used to the sudden change in balance once again.

"Like something out of your weird-yet-charming stories, isn't it, Rei?" Kana whispered to herself, loud enough that there was a chance that Yuzuru might have heard some of it, but probably not all of it. She then turned towards Yuzuru, slowly ascending as she did so. She was now flying a few feet off the ground.

"We should investigate that rumor. Do you have any preferences on what we should do to accomplish this?" Kana asked Yuzuru.
Huh... I guess Wacky and I might want to discuss what to do next. Maybe.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
PhantomMinaX1
Spoken languages: English, Medium Level Japanese

Post by PhantomMinaX1 »

Can anyone explain to me what has happened so far? I don't want to go back and read everything, I just want to get up to speed so I can post.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Spoiler : CHARACTER APP 3 :
To get myself more into this RP again (and while I await a response from Sleuth), I have created my third character for the RP!

Username: gotMLK7

Name: Momoka Rakugaki

Appearance: No image yet as she is hard to draw and I don't have the time yet. Momo's hair will generally change colors over the course of the game (she dyes it often), but at the start it is mostly blue with orange bangs and pink highlights. Her eyes change often as well due to her fondness of colored contacts, but at the moment, her left eye is yellow and her right eye is purple. She wears a very large white jacket (with sleeves going over her hands) that hangs loosely on her, with the hood dangling off her shoulders. She wears a black tank top underneath it. The ends of the jacket's sleeves are very colorful, with leftover paint splattered over them. She wears black shorts that go down to her knees, and white tennis shoes over black socks. Occasionally, she will wear a black and white baseball cap as she works and will carry around a red golf bag filled with her paints and spray cans.

Personality: Momoka, or "Momo" as she is often called, is an avid art lover. She is fascinated by colors and art in general, with a near spiritual connection to it. She especially loves the graffiti that covers the walls of Hirasaka. She took up several kinds of art as a result, including drawing, painting, and of course, graffiti. Her single goal in the Otherside is to replace the dull gray of the town with bright and plentiful colors.

Momo herself is rather quiet. She distances herself from most people, and almost never has a genuine smile on her face. Even when she is painting, she looks more entranced than happy. She isn't a particularly mean person, but she generally doesn't care about others and will avoid them if possible. She also tends to be a tomboy and an accidental trouble maker. She ditches school very often, not caring about an education since she plans to grow up an artist anyway. She only attends for her art classes unless she absolutely needs to go. In general, she's just a very anti-social person.

Background: Momo's father divorced her mother when she was 8, and was remarried when she was ten. Her new stepmother has tried to open up to the child, but for 6 years, the two still haven't met eye to eye, as they ended up arguing most of the time. It was around the time her mother left that Momo took up art. She locked herself in her room often to avoid talking to her parents, though she had little to do but draw with a box of crayons. As she grew and continued to draw, she kept staying in her room and drawing with more complex tools. She became a passionate painter and sketcher, and was falling in love with the comfort that art gave her. She especially loved the bright colors. They always made her think of a world that was brighter than the dim world she lived in.

One day, when Momo had to go out with her parents to an uncle's funeral, she passed by a wall that was covered in the most complex, beautiful graffiti she had ever seen. It looked like a giant painting, with a two story wall as a canvas. Momo stared at it for five minutes before her parents pulled her away. Ever since then, Momo began to leave the house to find more amazing graffiti. She had to sneak out many times, but it was worth being grounded to take photos of these masterpieces. Eventually, she started to learn how to make graffiti herself. Her first few works were nowhere near the levels of the art she had seen, but over time, she got used to it, and has become a very impressive graffiti artist herself. She still sneaks out to paint the walls, and she has become tied to rather unnerving people over the course of her actions, but it is still worth painting the city.

Momo's biggest canvas came when she was sent the text with the password "S@VE M3. She was skeptical of it at first, but decided to send it in and was transported to the gray Hirasaka known as the Otherside. Her Otherform was certainly...interesting (see below), and caught her off guard at first. However, when she realized her new powers, she decided she liked the idea of it. Ever since, she has made it her duty to go to the Otherside and use her powers to paint the town. If she succeeds, this Hirasaka will be even more beautiful than her own. She has become aware of Lord Azrael and the Malevolence from the few people she has met in the Otherside, but she does not care as long as her masterpiece can stay intact.

Other Notable Facts: Themes;
Normal - Colors
Battle - Paint the World
Otherform - Too Dim
Otherform Battle - Krylon Blood
Also, it is worthy to note that Momo has a tendency to smoke as she paints (she isn't quite addicted, but it is a nervous habit for her), and her original mother now lives in America away from her and her father.
Also also, Sleuth won't accept me if I don't mention that she will not be like Momoka from Sgt. Frog.

Transformation: Again, no image yet. Momo has a very simple Otherform. She becomes a large, white blob, essentially, that can morph and be shaped in any way it pleases. However, in its main form, it is a large and oddly proportioned creature that looks similar to the Yellow Devil from Mega Man. The blob is, unsurprisingly, similar to paint in texture. Aside from the blob, a glass ball that looks similar to an eye swirls around, with her pin (which shows a rainbow) as the iris. This is her weak point, and if it is removed from the blob, she cannot control it. It is essentially her brain, eyes, heart, and soul. The blob is a mere vessel. It is decently strong, but its gooey form makes its attacks padded a little. She has codenamed this form "Tagger". She has no voice, but her core can make static-like squeaking noises when she tries to speak. It is significantly weak to water due to its blobby structure.

Battle Psychology: Momo doesn't generally try to battle in the Otherside. She would much prefer to be left alone to color the world. However, if forced to, she will resort to stealth tactics mostly, using Tagger's abilities to hide in the surroundings before striking from the shadows for a sneak attack. If forced to fight head-on, Momo will generally attempt to morph into Tagger's main form to try and crush the enemies (though being a blob, brute force isn't too effective, so she will try to get a weapon like a streetpole first). She will hide her core if necessary, but she is essentially blind if she does so, so it isn't something she does often.

Abilities/Powers: Tagger's special powers include:
Morph - Tagger can change its blobby body shape at will, with enough blobiness to fill...about a hot tub. While her Core cannot change, the rest of her body can change into any shape it wishes, though it won't be too stable, since she can't perfectly solidify the skin.
Camouflage - With the ability to change colors, Tagger can change its white color into anything Momo wishes, meaning she can blend into her environment or create false images by merely changing the color of herself.
Division - While the removal of Tagger's core will make the body useless, if it is connected to some of the blob, she can manipulate the pieces that are disconnected from it. She can shoot pieces at enemies, create smaller clones, etc.
Implosion - Tagger's suicide attack. If put in a position where she must sacrifice her life to defeat an enemy, Tagger's core can self destruct, which, when combined with its body, can deal incredibly massive damage to nearby enemies and the area. It could easily take out even the strongest of Malevolence, and if it catches another player off guard, it can nearly take them out, as well. Of course, this is an attack Momo wishes to never use, as it will more than likely kill her. Her only chance of survival is if her pin can survive the explosion, in which her soul will bond to it and she can linger in life. If she were sent back to the real world like this, however, her human form would be in incredibly poor shape and would most likely be in a coma forever.

Attribute: Colorful Body - As previously mentioned, Tagger can change colors. This is due to special attributes of the core that can create any color she wishes and spread it through the body. Momo can use this ability to, essentially, paint the world. She can use the blob like a paintbrush, spreading colors across whatever she wishes. She even tends to leave rainbow footprints or drag marks in her path. It is with this ability that she plans to paint the Otherside, to make her own bright and wonderful world.

Faction: None at the moment.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Momoka is accepted on the grounds that she never becomes a personality-switching love interest whose gimmick got old about the 4th time she showed up.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Outside Anaconda Mall
The colors dripped down the wall. Reds, blues, greens, and more raced to the ground. They fell from the image in thin streaks and wet beads, only to be replaced as the spray can whizzed by and blew more on. The colors all were brought together on the wall into a dazzling image, filled with nearly every color of the rainbow and then some. It was a simple picture, but a beautiful one. It was a masterpiece made out of a simple gray wall and a dozen cans of cheap paint. It was simply spectacular.

For Momoka Rakugaki, however, it was merely another afternoon's work.

Momoka (or Momo, as her few friends referred to her as) tossed another empty can into a nearby trash can. It chose the right time to give out, too, as her latest picture was complete. She took a step back, removing her hat and wiping the sweat off her brow, brushing her orange, pink, and blue hair in the process. She looked at her work, critiquing it in her mind.

It wasn't much, really. It was just a tag of "MoMo" written in large letters on the back of a mall. Yet the colors that made up the name made it stand out amongst the other names and pictures on that wall. It incorporated almost every color the average man could count and mashed them into a couple square meters. Momo may have troubles with faces, proportions, and much more when she draws, but if there was one thing that just came naturally to her, it was color. It was as if color was a physical part of her life, like a family in itself or a home away from home.

That was why she was so interested in the Otherside.

Momo had only received the infamous text a week ago. At first, the idea of a separate dimensions seemed unreal, but she warmed up to it quickly. It was a rather lonely world, but no more lonely than she already felt at home with her father and his wife. When she first crossed over, she thought she had passed out and woke up completely colorblind (an idea worse than death itself to her), but she realized quickly that it was not her, but the city. It was an alternate Hirasaka that was completely gray. While this idea seemed horrifying, she soon discovered her new and unique abilities. Or rather, the creature she liked to call "Tagger"'s new abilities. She realized that she was given the opportunity of a lifetime...to paint an entire city.

However, the Otherside would have to wait. While she couldn't wait to continue where she left off yesterday and finish painting her home street, Momo still had to replace the paint she lost tagging her name. Luckily, she had branded the wall of the largest mall in Hirasaka. She practically had the path from the front door to the art store memorized. Placing her cap back on her head, Momo slowly walked around the building until she reached the front doors. She would replace her spray paint, then continue her magnum opus once she was out.
Momo post GET. I'll post as Kyo a bit later, since I want to come up with a game plan and maybe let a liiiittle more time pass before I carry on with his story. He'll probably be on his own/with NPCs for a little while, so don't expect to interact with him just yet. Momo's open and in the mall if you want someone to talk to, though. Also Ayame's waiting on Sleuth still, but I expect that'll take some time anyway.

Drey Wilkins

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Okay, finally I post.
Let's get some action back into this RP.
I step up calmly and slowly, now feeling like ready to comply with Probably! Mizuki's request. With only a slight prompt from my own mind, the four arachnid appendages that now grace my shoulder-blades draw back, ready to stab anything that comes close.
And of course, something does.

With another volley of croaks, the toads begin to leap towards me one after another, moving in a rapid fashion. At the same time, my four superfluous limbs snap forward, catching and impaling the first quartet of attackers on their tips.
One after the other, the seven remaining toads launch themselves at my shadowy form, while my arachnid legs make small adjustments to catch and kill them too.

Less than five seconds later, the final slaying is over, allowing me to slowly turn back to the huntress standing behind me, my four pointed limbs supporting a group bloody toad kebabs. I feel that I should be more repulsed by the limp frogs hanging from those black points, but instead I feel nothing but indifference. It doesn't even bother that some of their pink blood - by which I mean; what isn't currently falling to the floor in thick, goopy strands - was splattered across my front during the exchange.
As I'm still bound to my silent vigil, I instead raise one 'hand' and hold it palm upwards towards Probably! Mizuki, hoping that she understands the gesture.

'Explain'
I hate what I've written here. There's no depth to it. Just some bland descriptions of a bunch of toads getting spitted.
Oh well. Now let's see if I have or haven't killed the character interaction by taking too long.

GuardianDreamer

So, I realized that I should probably respond now, but... I'm confused. What am I supposed to do? I could have sworn that Mizuki already gave an explanation.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here