RP: Othersiders: (Day 1 - Daytime)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Drey Wilkins
Spoken languages: English + Scraps of Russian

Re: RP: Othersiders: (Day 1 - Daytime)

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Spoiler : :
Uh, well Mizuki for the most-part just mentioned where they were and that there was some called Azrael causing trouble. In any situation I think most people would be looking for more information than that. If you feel like there's nothing more to be said, then you can just rehash what Mizuki's already said.

Avatar and signature made by the wonderful Holhol.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

I suppose I should respond now, while I'm feeling slightly less lazy than usual. This is a lazy/short post, since I'm currently distracted by Little Busters! and Fire Emblem: Awakening.
"Mizuki Tsukihime. A pleasure to make your acquaintance, stranger. ... Oh, wait. That isn't what your gesture meant." Mizuki said, not thinking at first. The battle had just ended, so the gesture had seemed odd to her at first, as though Kabuo had somehow forgotten that they had met. Which, for a brief moment, Mizuki had actually considered possible. After all, if he seemingly couldn't even speak, who knew what else he could have forgotten. That in itself gave her an idea. Kabuo seemed to understand what Mizuki said, or at least the intent behind the things she said, so she wasn't worried about that.

"I suppose I should start my explanation. Forgive me, but I think explaining during the middle of a battle would be somewhat inappropriate. But first of all, I'd like to know if you can still read. I imagine that writing would be somewhat awkward with tentacle-like arms, though I'm sure they have many other uses. If you can understand what this says, then nod your head." Mizuki said, taking out her student ID from her pocket. Naturally, it only had a picture of her and her name on it, but that would hopefully be enough.

While she did so, Mizuki gave a quick explanation of what The Otherside was. Well, she mostly mentioned the factions and who Azrael was, but that would hopefully be enough.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Post by Sleuth »

Ben:

"I agree," Ben replied with a smile. "I don't really get out here much at all. I don't quite understand the human obsession with such petty material things."

He gave a smirk and placed his hands in his pockets, intending to convey that he was joking. Really, though, it's not too surprising that they'd construct a place like this; humans love things. It's actually quite beautiful how they can find beauty and value in even the most minor things... and redact that value just as easily.

"Ayame," Ben said, suddenly, "I was wondering... Have you noticed anything strange happening around Hirasaka lately?"

He looked around slowly, as if looking for secret agents hidden amidst the crowd of bustling teenagers. This earned him a few odd looks, but no one would dare pull themselves away from their busy schedules to bother intruding. Even so, Ben's glance went deeper than the surface; his eyes actually peered into the Otherside, scanning the area for potential enemies, or intrusive Malevolence. Luckily, there was nothing around; good, it'd make the initiation a lot easier.

He turned his focus back to Ayame, still keeping a sharp eye out, just in case.

Azrael:

"Lord Azrael. I am honored to report that the conquest went as planned."

Azrael, disinterestedly inspecting his fingernails (or what would be fingernails on his normal form), merely nodded in response. "Of course it did. They were the enemy. They were fools."

The General nodded, a confident smirk crossing his face. "We managed to destroy a good number of the enemy forces, as well as acquire a stronghold in Fashion Road."

Azrael sighed. "Yes, I'm very proud of you all. You each get a gold star and whatnot."

The General's face sunk somewhat. "With... with all due respect, sir, I thought you would be more pleased."

Azrael sat upright, lowering his claws. "I will be pleased, General, when your forces achieve my goals. You have performed adequately, but I am not 'pleased' by adequacy."

He rose to his full height, baring down over the General, who was no slouch himself, standing at about 6 feet tall, and crossed his arms authoritatively. "Now, how many of our forces were lost during the struggle?"

"Only a couple, sir," The General replied, "But they were rookies. Garbage to begin with."

"Garbage, you say?" Azrael placed a claw upon his chin. "Tell me, General... Why does my army, The Empire, the soon-to-be ruler of all mankind... have garbage amongst its ranks?"

"I... I apologize, sir, but I thought they could handle more..."

The Emperor sighed. "I suppose that every group must have its bunglers. Very well."

With that, he turned to his window, overlooking all of Hirasaka. Throughout, he could see the clashes happening in the street-- Flashes of power as beasts and men pit their powers against each other. All pitiful ants, though, compared to him. All he would have to do is raise his hand, form a large enough flame, and merely smoke out every last pathetic rebel in the streets-- Oh, but at the same time, he had his own forces fighting there too. Not that he cared, but they were useful, and even with his considerable power, everyone in the Otherside against him would not be a fight he could win.

He sighed. Ruling was such trouble. But it was also such exhilaration. Would Yamada Shiyagi, that meek, pathetic excuse for a man; would he be able to stand at the top of the mountain, rule at the head of the city? No; that "man" was merely a shell-- A horrid prison for the true Lord Azrael. He would only escape that prison in the freedom of the Otherside... For now...

"I'm going out, General," Azrael said suddenly, picking up his staff. As he did, the staff morphed into a large black scythe in his hand. "Keep the throne warm, watch the palace."

With that, the Emperor's body began to descend into his own shadow-- When he was fully engulfed, the shadow slowly drifted out the window, and into the city.

I believe I should devote some time to my personal project. Those rebels won't get themselves under control.

Naomi:

Time was up. The cloud had faded, taking with it the warm and soothing cover of rain, and no rescue had come. She wouldn't be able to summon up another one for a while now; that was the trouble with the weather. Even when you could control it, it still never worked like you wanted it to. The wolf gnashed her teeth.

Guess we'll be doing this the hard way.

Naomi's eyes glinted gold, and suddenly, twin thunderclouds materialized above the swarm. The grayish masses swarmed and crackled with lightning, sparking and flashing with energy. Naomi again let out a mighty howl, and the clouds dropped a flurry of thunderbolts upon the horde of frogs; the energy struck the beasts, shocking the group into dust as they continued to blindly lunge forward. The Wolf sprung forward, its claws extended; with a few furious swipes, the remaining frogs were cut to bits, leaving Naomi surrounded by a pile of fading ash. The thunderclouds, their duty done, dissipated into the air. One down, Naomi thought, turning to face her next foe. The Wraths were closing in as she had taken out the frogs-- Their fangs bared in a terrible grin. Naomi snarled back, clicking her claws against the ground.

The Wrath wolves charged as one, surrounding her in an ever-approaching half-circle. One leapt into the air, and Naomi leapt to meet it; as she did, she turned in the air, leaping past the creature, and safely behind the pack. As she landed, thunder clouds began to form above the bewildered beast; in a flash of lightning, it dropped dead, then was carried off into dust. The wolves quickly turned about and charged after her, dodging the flurry of lightning from Naomi's storm clouds. Damn, they're quick. Guess we do this the old-fashioned way. With that, she charged forward, tackling one of the wolves and instantly sinking her claws into its side. The creature yelped in pain as Naomi continued to lacerate its side; the two writhed in combat for a moment before a bolt of lightning felled the yellow wolf. Picking herself back up, Naomi instantly found herself tackled by two of the remaining wolves. Her instincts taking over, she immediately sunk her fangs into the closest one, biting hard through the neck, and tossing its limp body like a rag doll into the other. Two more bolts, and the beasts were no more.

The last beast was all that remained. Naomi's eyes were wild now, her instincts in full swing. Pain had begun to sear through her legs-- The teeth of the Wrath wolves had not left her unscathed. She quickly shook herself awake, as the final wolf slowly closed in.

Alright, then. Come on!

The Wrath charged, as did Naomi; as they rushed towards each other, approaching collision, Naomi suddenly whipped around, using her mighty tail to knock the Wrath's feet out from underneath it; it gave a yelp of pain, before Naomi silenced it with a vicious slash to its throat. The beast staggered, as if gasping for breath, and Naomi took the chance to end it. Without thinking, her jaws shot forward, clamping around the dazed beast's leg; with a might effort, she whipped her entire body around, tossing the dying monster into the nearby alleyway, where it struck the ground with a feeble "thud".

Naomi took a breath.

Phew. Okay. That happened.

In the heat of the battle, she'd nearly forgotten her reason for going there in the first place.

Right, she thought, first things first, though, I'd better find and outpost before more enemies show up... Or something worse.

That in mind, she quickly turned down Fashion Road and quickly headed to a local Angels outpost: the Arcade Cafe.
Yes, I'm still doing this. The RP needs more love. Naomi post and her app (at long last) are coming up next.

If you guys don't mind, could anyone still involved give a quick confirmation post?
EDIT: Also... Drey. Is he still here? I'm not sure what we can do about him if he's not on AAO anymore.
Master Of Chaos

Post by Master Of Chaos »

Anaconda Mall

Tonight, Kokushi Yuko sat in the food-court of Anaconda Mall for a reason. A reason that most people couldn't believe existed. If you were to look at it without the knowledge that he possessed, you would simply see a mall that didn't really look any different from any other mall in the world. There was large crowds as far as the eye can see, and there was large noise in ever area, filling every inch of unoccupied space. It was exactly the kind of place you would go to meet up with others and waste the hours away without worry. It was ironic how such a place could hold such a terrible secret.

In actuality, the mall was a place commonly used by those with the power to go the Otherside as an "entry point" of sorts. A large and crowded area with almost no one paying attention to you. It was almost too perfect. Kokushi was one of those individuals with that power. It had been over a year since he had gotten that text message that had changed his life, and gave him access to this other world. But Kokushi's mind wasn't focused on the past, at least, not at the moment. Rather, he was irritated, and growing even more so by the minute.

He had gotten a text message earlier from Kana Saito, the leader of the Hirasaka Angels, to go to the Otherside. He was tasked with investigating the rumors that came from the news earlier that morning, and to inform any other members he ran across. Kokushi had done just that, and had prepared to leave work as soon as his shift had been over so he could go and join the investigation. However, a few minutes before he was scheduled to leave, an unsatisfied customer came up to Kokushi to complain about a refund, or something similar. It didn't really matter to Kokushi, in fact, he'd already forgotten what the customer had came in for in the first place. What mattered was that he had been told to deal with it and couldn't leave until he did so. It had taken him 45 minutes to do what he needed to do and get the customer to leave, 35 minutes more than it should have been. With the events going on around Hirasaka currently, 35 minutes could be the difference between life or death for another innocent person.

When he had arrived at the mall, he had been in a very agitated state. Kokushi knew that living a double life would be not easy, but he considered himself as someone who had plenty of self-control and most of the time, he could calmly deal with any issues that came up as a result. Today was a reminder, however, that stress has a way of getting to you eventually, no matter how well one dealt with it. He knew that going to the Otherside in a foul mood could effect his concentration and fighting ability, so he decided he would sit down somewhere isolated and think to himself for a while to cool off. But you didn't go to the mall to take a nap, or rest. You went there to meet up with friends, socialize, and buy things from the local shops. Therefore, there would be no chance that there would be any place that didn't have idle chatter, music, or noise filling the air. Kokushi knew this fact very well. It was common knowledge after all. But that knowledge didn't comfort him one bit, nor did it help get rid of his stress.

Now, Kokushi was a loner by choice. He could speak politely to others when he felt the need to. But conversation and social interaction weren't really his forte. Large crowds of people? They just made him feel uncomfortable. He could usually tolerate places like this with some level of reluctance when he needed to, but today was an exception. As he sat down at an empty table he had randomly picked out, he attempted to block out the noise and focus on his own thoughts. But it was a futile effort. The chatter of the passer biers, of the workers, of everyone around him kept him out of his thoughts and continued to irritate him. Why couldn't they just shut up?

Kokushi sighed. He remembered a time where disturbing his peace and quiet was the only thing they did, and it was just a little annoyance that he would just shake off later. Now it was becoming a factor in whether or not he would be able to concentrate in the fight against an evil tyrant that threatened their lives. And they didn't even know it. Kokushi's parents had always taught him to put the needs of others before his own, to be a shield to the weak, and to always do what he thought was right. That's why he was here, wasn't he? Doing what he thought was right.

Well, those were the cards fate had dealt him, and he had to make the best of it. Moping around about one day, or worrying about the past and future wouldn't accomplish anything. If he wanted this to end, then he had to do something about it. His head clear at last and ready to get down to business, Kokushi took out his cell phone and typed in the information that he had entered in so many times before. Time seemed to freeze around him as he hit 'send,' and a light soon obscured his vision.

When he became aware of himself once again, he was wearing the shihakushō uniform that replaced his usual clothing when he went to the Otherside. The sheathed he used to carry his sword in was tucked inside his belt. When it came to transformations, Kokushi's was rather strange. Most other transformations would alter the person's appearance in some way, shape or form, making them less human, or discarding their human appearance entirely. Kokushi's only cosmetic changes however, seemed to be limited to a different change of apparel.

Kokushi looked around the mall as the shadows of those in the human realm faded from his view. The feeling of being completely alone had a calming effect on him, and any lingering frustration or agitation from the day's events faded entirely. But Kokushi knew that here, he had more dangerous threats then a couple of angry customers to deal with. He had to keep his guard up at all times and be aware of his surroundings, or he would be in the greatest trouble of his life. For now, he would head to the nearest Angel outpost and see if anyone had information about the rumors they were told to investigate. With one hand resting on the hilt of his sword, ready to pull it out at anytime if need be, Kokushi went in the direction of the arcade in Fashion Road.
There, done. If anything needs to be changed, I'll do it tomorrow. Right now, sleeppppppp.
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
Drey Wilkins

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Uhhh... well, I'm here now. I think it goes without saying that I am very sorry for how long I've been gone... but... I'm here now, so... yeah.
Still; sorry.
I crane my neck slightly, trying to get a good angle for looking at Mizuki's identification as she continues to talk. It seems pretty standard; listing her name - Mizuki Tsukihime, as she said - date of birth, and displaying a typical photo-day mugshot. I'm not entirely sure how old this is, considering there doesn't seem to be an expiration date.

In keeping with the huntress' request, I nod once, listening intently as she explains about a "Lord Azrael" and multiple different factions.
'So this is the... Otherside...' I muse internally - as if I can do anything else. 'This is... strange. Shocking.'
And despite the fact that this should be shocking, that same calming presence in my mind is severely muting my reactions. I should be hysterical, in shock, terrified, awe inspired and so much more, and yet I'm not. I should be horrified at what I am right now... and still, I am not.

An entire second world, layered on top of the first much the same as a new coat of paint; inexplicably accessible via a simple text message. So much of it doesn't make sense, and yet I'm in no position to question the details.

As Mizuki finishes her explanation, I finally allow myself to draw up to my full height - something I imagine to be around two and a half meters. It's typical I'd be so tall here, considering my notable height in the real world.
Unimpressed with this fact, I reach out with my long, right arm. I poise the middle claw - that which has taken the place if my index and middle finger - a few centimetres from the wooden panelling of the classroom wall, before digging it into the surface.

Moving slowly but precisely I scratch two words into the wood, forming the letters out of straight lines to create a neatly scrawled and underlined question:
'What now?'
Note: I didn't thoroughly look this over before posting, so please excuse any errors.

Anyway, I assume we're going to do some walking around, or something to that effect? I actually don't mind what we do, and I'm still happy to let GD lead the way.

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

We can work something out if you guys aren't sure what to do. I can work a few things out.

Anyways, at long last I finally finished Naomi's app. It took ridiculously long, but now at least you all know what she does. And I'm sure it contradicts SOMETHING I wrote earlier, but TBH I didn't have a clue what I was doing earlier.
Spoiler : App 2: Naomi Mizumi :
Username: Shadowsleuth

Name: Naomi Mizumi

Appearance: A young girl with long black hair down to her waist, and black eyes to match. She has pale skin and stands at about 5'7" tall. She often carries around a blue umbrella with her, regardless of the actual weather, as a memento of her mother. This habit has led to the common nickname of "Weather Girl". She also wears a teal sweater around her waist (often using it to double as a belt) during school days; on weekends and other such occasions, she will merely wear it as is. The sweater is also a keepsake of hers, and is complete with a "Murder Bunny" logo of a blood-spattered cartoon rabbit (Think Hello Kitty but as a bunny with blood). The shirt is a popular brand in Hirasaka. On school days, she typically adorns a black version of the typical Sanazawa High uniform, a sailor uniform with red scarf and a black skirt.

Personality: Naomi is a very reclusive and quiet girl. She is very goal oriented, primarily in her schoolwork. She is very driven to do her best and often overworks herself trying to keep up in both her schoolwork and the Otherside. She is very studious and serious while focused on schoolwork, to the point of being cold, but is noticeably more amiable during the weekends and holidays. She is often known for being cold and quiet, often taking things seriously at all times and not being heavily involved in the fashion and technology craze of Hirasaka. She dislikes speaking more than necessary and often finds herself lost in thought when not at work.

She could be considered a "lone wolf" type (though she dislikes the term), and prefers to do things on her own; this is less due to her own aloofness and arrogance than rather her natural aversion to bothering others or asking for help; though it is often seen as the former. She is quite protective of her friends, however, and is fiercely loyal to them.

Background: Naomi was born and raised in Hirasaka, raised alongside her elder brother, Mutsuki, by her parents. Her family was mostly poor, so she rarely left the house save to go to school, and could never afford to take part in the fashion and tech craze of her hometown. Her brother and parents were both heavily involved with their work, and she rarely got the chance to interact with them. Her happiest memories happened on rainy days, when her parents nor brother could leave he house, and she could spend time with them. She came to love the cold, stormy weather, associating it with closeness and comfort, often preferring to spend her time watching the rain. Naomi would often volunteer to go out during the stormy weather, borrowing her mother's umbrella to make these trips. However, at age 13, Naomi's mother died after taking a business trip out of the country. She kept the umbrella as a memento of the love and protection she never gave her. Soon after, her brother left for college; he bought her a Murder Bunny sweater as a going-away gift, unaware that Naomi did not know or even like the Murder Bunny brand. For Naomi, the gift only furthered the rift between them, as the sweater had no real meaning to it, and had apparently been bought at a discount store. Upset with the feelings of loneliness, Naomi simply threw herself further into her schoolwork, eventually entering Sanazawa High.
At some point after this, she received the Password, and entered the Otherside. Discovering an escape from her daily life, she gleeful spent her time in the Otherside relaxing and exploring the "other side" of Hirasaka freely. However, it was not long before the Malevolence and gang wars caught up to her, and she was nearly killed by a Greed in one of her trips; however, she was saved by the arrival of the Herald, who defended her and began to show her how to use and control her powers. She also met Benjamin Ryuunosuke, who created false memories of himself as a childhood friend. Eventually siding with the Hirasaka Angels, Naomi decided that the Otherside was her chance to create a better life for herself, one where she could be her own master.

Other Notable Facts: Despite her allegiance to the Angels, Naomi frequently acts alone and has earned the moniker "Lone Wolf" from her fellow members, which greatly annoys her. This occasionally works against her, as it causes many members to suspect her of working towards her own ends.

Transformation: Image

Battle Psychology: Naomi's fighting style as the Wolf rather erratic; she typically relies on her weather control powers to fight, using rain to heal herself and her weather powers to attack from afar. She prefers to fight in an effective manner and keep herself away from danger-- However, her wolf form's "instincts" repeatedly clash with this tactic, causing her to shift between a more controlled and collected fighting style with the brutal, animalistic tooth-and-claw fighting style of the wolf. When in this form, she relies less on her powers and more on her razor sharp claws, fangs, and speed to tear apart her enemies. The less "in-control" she is at any given time, the more ferocious her battle style becomes. In extreme cases, she can entirely lose herself in a fight, which causes her to fear going all-out or facing deadly opponents.

Strengths:
> Able to play a powerful ranged game in open areas, and can take enemies effectively from a distance and keep them away.
> Fast and vicious in close combat, equipped with claws and fangs.
> A strategic thinker and quick on her feet in combat, capable of maintaining a cool head during fights (sometimes).
> Instincts can sometimes alert her to danger or help her in combat.

Weaknesses:
< Often works alone and refuses help, can be rather helpless if outnumbered.
< Fearful of her own ability; reluctant to face stronger enemies or those she thinks she cannot defeat. Also hesitates to fight in close combat for fear of severely mauling her (human) opponents.
< Can lose control to her instincts, and act irrationally.
< Despite being quick, has little endurance and can only take a few hits.

Abilities/Powers:
> Rain of Life: Creates a cloud of healing waters in the sky that rains down on the target. Can heal proportionate to the amount of water summoned; a cooling mist will merely rejuvenate, while a downpour (while costing much more energy) can restore more severe wounds. Its use is limited by the amount of energy Naomi has. She can call down multiple clouds to heal others, but at less potency. If there is not enough room for a cloud to form, it cannot be used.
> Tempest Flare: Fires searing thunderbolts from storm clouds summoned by the user. The clouds can be formed at close range or at long range, but cannot be formed where the user cannot see, and become weaker the farther they are formed from Naomi. They fire on her command, and if not used, they will merely fade away. Each cloud can carry up to three strong bolts before fading away, and Naomi can create a maximum of three at one time. They cannot be summoned in areas where there is not enough room for a cloud to form.
> Bullet Hail: Naomi summons a powerful storm of ice that pelts a designated area from above. The size, range, and number of these projectiles depends on how much energy Naomi expends in her "summoning howl". The "average" range is a circle with a radius of 5 feet, and can be expanded to 10 feet maximum. The hailstones can range from multiple small stones, to less larger stones. Impractical in places where there is a roof or other such area. The target zone cannot be changed after the attack is called.
> Icy Fog: Naomi breathes out a thick cloud of fog that both blinds and slows the enemy. The fog lasts until it either disperses naturally or is dispelled by some other force. It indiscriminately affects anyone within its range, unless they hold resistance to the cold or to blinding effects. Naomi herself is not affected by this, however. The fog can be dispelled like any other natural fog. There is a limit to the amount she can exhale, and if too much is used at one time, she cannot re-use the move until it has restored.

Attribute: "Umbrella" Naomi is able to resist weather-based attacks and techniques, such as lightning, rain, hail, sandstorms, or drought. She is not completely immune from the effect, but can resist them to a higher degree than most. She has no control over this power, and it occurs automatically.

Faction: Hirasaka Angels
Master Of Chaos

Post by Master Of Chaos »

Well, we did talk about all the Hirasaka Angels meeting up at the arcade. What do the rest of you think?

...Also Slueth YOU STILL HAVEN'T ADDED ME TO THE OP D:<
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Ask and you shall receive.
Naomi:

The Arcade was an interesting place; like most, it was a popular hangout for gamers and friends to hang out. Unlike most, it was frequently filled with the hottest and latest games, as well as their developers-- A "testing grounds" of sorts for the latest releases. A glamorous arcade that Naomi would normally never look twice at (much less ever be allowed into); but now, the shadows of swarming people in the Real World were accompanied by a group of Hirasaka Angels standing guard outside its doors. A white halo and wings had been spray painted above the entrance, marking the territory. The establishment was a large, cylindrical building, standing three stories high, with the roof doubling as a flashing billboard during the night. The bottom floor was more of a hangout cafe, while the higher floors contained the more "hardcore" games and activities, where more casual gamers were less likely to go. Through the upper floors, Naomi could see a few more of her fellow Angels in waiting.

Good. She thought, approaching the entrance. Instantly, the doormen, one a large, kangaroo-like beast shaded red, and the other a relatively normal-looking teenager in a grey hoodie propped up a large sledgehammer. She recognized them as Angels; at least as far as she could tell. They had no way of knowing definitively, so the gangs had to coordinate based entirely off of personal knowledge and recognition. Usually, the guards were selected based on recognition skills, so that enemy could be determined from friend. The young man with the hammer was one such "scouter". It was his job to remember and recognize the members of the Angels, and there were more like him at every base. In a way, the scouters were invaluable to the gang, as the loss of them could result in infiltration by the enemy.

As she approached, the scouter quickly gave her a once-over, then nodded to his partner. "Lone Wolf Naomi. What's up?"

Naomi shot the boy an annoyed glance. "Got attacked on the way in. I just need a place to rest."

The Scouter shrugged. "You don't have to get all snippy. Go on, have fun. I hear the drinks are great."

The guards stepped aside, and Naomi walked in, pushing the door open with her paw and entering. The inside of the Arcade was an interesting sight-- The "shadows" of people in the real world filled the area, and the lights and sounds from the Arcade were nearly audible in the Otherside-- But the shadows were just that, and the Arcade was still silent in their world. Several other Angels sat at the tables, mostly chatting and tending to wounds they'd received in recent combat. A few Othersiders with healing attributes were going around fixing up the more severely wounded, but it would only be a matter of time before they too had to rest.

"...And I was all set to take him out when out of nowhere, this creep sniped me, right in the eye," One young man said, pointing to the pin placed where his left eye should be. "I can tell you, it was not a pleasant way to get kicked out of the OS."

"Well I guess you'd better keep an eye out for him, next time," Another responded with a smirk-- Or as much of a smirk as a tiger could give. His attention was then diverted to the arrival of Naomi. "Oh, here comes the Lone Wolf."

Naomi sighed. Would that moniker ever fade? It was an idiotic name to say the least, as wolves were pack animals. A lone wolf was a dead wolf. Unless they were trying to imply that she was suicidal in her quests, she didn't get the connection-- And it wasn't a very flattering name, either.

She hopped onto one of the couches, noting that she would never have done this in reality, and merely took a seat, her tail waving idly. I just need a moment's rest before I carry on. Perhaps there will be another mission for me to take? If orders were to be given, or a battle were to break out, the outposts would be the first place notified. She decided to wait a bit, just in case. Besides, the atmosphere was nice, if anything.
Wackyman

Post by Wackyman »

Got permission from GD to have Kana auto-follow
Yuzuru mused as to what to do next. It was a rather annoying habit of his that he set his mind to one task or goal without thinking it through that much. Yu had hoped that Kana would have more of an idea of what she wanted to do in the Otherside, but that was wishful thinking. It was him that had organized their get together in the Otherside, so it would be only logical that Yuzuru would be the one to plan their route for their little escapade. It was a bit of a pain, being put in the leadership position. It was true Yu had his own goals, but he was always too concerned with the big picture to notice the tiny yet significant details, which was the reason he rallied behind Kana, even if her methods sometimes conflicted with his.

After tapping his hammer lightly on his palm while in a trance of thought for a few moments, an idea finally clicked. "Let's go to Fashion Road and swing by the Arcade Cafe. Maybe there are some other Angels there who know something."

The two of them proceeded to walk toward their destination, ever weary of Wrath initiating an attack. Fashion Road was bustling with shadowy figures of every day people passing by or gawking at clothes through display windows and things of that nature. Passing by these figures felt pretty surreal to Yuzuru. They all lived in the same world but in different planes of existence. You could be hanging out on the sidewalk with your friends discussing that hard chemistry test you took or the cute girl from the classroom next to you, while in the same peaceful sidewalk in other realm a Pin wielder could be fighting for their life. The same coin, two different sides.

Yuzuru snapped out of it as the Arcade Cafe came into view. Normally he didn't go all "deep" like that. It must've just been because he was bored. Kana isn't much for conversation, he supposed. Then again, he wasn't one for that either. The guards in front of the Arcade came into view, and with a short greeting Yu and Kana walked inside.

Upon entering, one person caught his attention. Well, she wasn't exactly a person at this point, but a wolf. He had not seen her Otherside form much, but he still recognized her as Naomi; another member of the Hirasaka Angels. Other Angels were scattered around the outpost minding their own business, but he didn't recognize most of them or know them that well. The only one there he really knew well enough to approach was Naomi. Perhaps she came to the Otherside to investigate the rumors mentioned in the news as well. Either way, it wouldn't kill him to approach her, considering he had no plans.

"Yo, Amaterasu!" Yu called to Naomi, calling her by the nickname he gave her on a whim when first seeing her Otherside form. In the real world, he never really referred to her as Weather Girl much, mostly because he thought the nickname was lacking in cleverness and originality. He moved next to the couch she was lounging on. "How goes it? Done anything interesting in the Otherside today?"
I have the paranoid suspicion of me saying something wrong, mostly because of not posting for a while.
HIROSHI-SAMA IS STILL THE GREATEST.
SS Sleuth and I are the same person.
gotMLK7 fashioned the Trama picture below out of female skulls.

[3/19/14 11:31:48 PM] Ultimate Butt-Rubber (Gumpei): on the other hand you could try playing with your balls submerged in icy water
[3/19/14 11:31:51 PM] Nick (Hodou): yeah I'm thinking that's the idea.

Check out my first trial co-created with Dypo_deLina Firing up the Turnabout!
Call me Wacky.

Drey Wilkins

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Spoiler : @Sleuth :
Well, GD doesn't seem to be replying to either you or me, so I guess until further notice we can't work something out.

Just a note: for the next few weeks I'm not going to pester anyone over replying to me. Considering I was gone for two months myself, complaining that I'm not getting any interaction would be downright laughable.

GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Alright, posting time. Now for a moment of Mizuki's more "serious" side.
"Not being able to communicate is going to be a big problem... I know it's not your fault, but imagine how most people will react to you. Your form in this world is rather intimidating, and you can't speak, so it would be easy to mistake you for some kind of Malevolence. I'll accompany you if you don't mind my presence, but if I ever die or am unavailable for some reason... This could be quite troublesome." Mizuki said, in a very serious tone. Eccentric she may be, but Mizuki knew exactly how dangerous the Otherside could be. And she wasn't going to sugarcoat the truth to Kabuo.

She looked at the message that Kabuo had written once more. It was unlikely that anyone would wait long enough for him to write a message every time he ran into someone. Mizuki's first thought was that Kabuo could perhaps carry some sort of sign with him everywhere. The mental image of that was ridiculous, but anything could help. However, even if Kabuo could carry a sign around, that would leave him at a disadvantage. It would mean one less tentacle for him to use in combat, and Kabuo hadn't even fully gotten used to his powers yet. It would be absurd to expect him to learn too quickly. So, a solution...

"I believe I said this before, but you have my sincerest apologies for all of this. I dragged you into this kind of life without telling you everything. Granted, if I had told you, the most natural reaction would have been to think that I'm insane... But that's besides the point. And I think everyone's a little insane inside... It's what makes people interesting. But back on topic... I have to ask you what you'll do next. I'd understand if you hated me. I am an awful, dark-hearted person, after all. But I would recommend joining one of the Factions I told you about... I'm currently unaligned, but it shouldn't be too hard for you to join a faction. Of course, you could try leaving all of this as well... But I can't guarantee that you'll be able to go back to your normal life. I tried ignoring the Otherside for a while, but I felt the desire to come back..." Mizuki stated, in a very calm tone of voice. She talked about this like she was talking about the weather... Maybe that's how normal the Otherside seemed to her now.

Mizuki paced around for a short while, thinking deeply. Finally, she spoke to Kabuo once more.

"If you want to try joining a Faction, write down 'Yes' somewhere, preferably with the first few letters of the Faction you're interested in after that. If you want to attempt to go back to your ordinary life, then... Even with tentacle-like arms, you should be able to manage it by just touching your pin. If there's some other option I'm missing... Just stay silent, I suppose." Mizuki suggested, then smiled. It was a rather bitter smile, one of a person who was fully aware that they were forcing a tough choice on someone, and felt slightly guilty about it. Just in case Kabuo did want to leave all of this, Mizuki turned around. He'd probably feel less guilty about leaving if she didn't face him.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Drey Wilkins

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Sorry about the wait. I was busy producing an extensive English report for school.
I turn my head to one side as Mizuki turns away from me. I don't know Why she's done it, but she has, giving me an insignificant quantity of privacy.
The detail that has caught my eye is a tiny sliver of faint white light running in a horizontal line across the wall. It's so small and weak that I can hardly make it out, but it's the only source of light in this darkened space that isn't Mizuki's horse (which is pretty damn bright).

Slowly and fluidly, I skulk over to the window, dismissively stepping over the myriad of toad corpses spread across the floor. In a similarly paced movement, I reach out with one hand to touch the wall just above the sliver of light. As I expected, the "wall" gives way against my claw, revealing itself to be a simple curtain over a window.
In a notably faster movement, one of my arachnid legs reaches out and swipes against the top of the curtain, effortlessly parting the fabric from its rail and dropping it to the floor.

I hunch over slightly as I stare out the window, surveying the school grounds and - after that - city buildings visible through the window. The first thing I notice is that even with the curtain removed, barely any additional light is coming through; this appears to be because the sky itself is nothing but a long sheet of grey cloud, with only a small amount of white light shining through.
The second thing I notice is that the entirety of the outside world is represented in different shades of grey, from slightly off-white to pitch black. The Otherside appears to be comparable to some sort of stylized hell - or maybe an artistic "ghost world".
It's daunting. The grayscale coloring on everything but the living creatures than inhabit this place is actually rather serene and haunting, and I can't help but feel that even with my multiple sharpened appendages I'll need help to survive here - especially if there are creatures much bigger than those toads.

The real question is this: Who will help me? Mizuki has already made her intention to assist me clear, and I feel that I can trust her; she hasn't done me wrong yet. But what about those factions? Are any of them trustworthy? Do I want to start throwing my hat in with any one group?
Summarily, no. I think it's best if I play Mizuki's game, and wait until I see which is the best group to go with - and as a slightly less important goal, who's got the best plan and final goal for this... this strange place. In the long run, survival comes over morals.

Finally disengaging from the window, I raise back to my full height and step back to my original location, at the same time raising my right hand and carving another word into the wall on which I printed my first message - this time taking a few seconds less to "voice" my thoughts.

"Shall wait and see."
And that's it.
I'm tossing around the idea of Kabuo starting to grow his overall self-confidence in relation to his formidable stature in the Otherside, but I'm currently heavily against it, because that would eventually negate the point of having him as so weak-willed in the first place. I want to write as a character that isn't sure of himself or a complete jerk-ass, so I think I'll keep him this way.