The RPer's Feedback Thread

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Re: The RPer's Feedback Thread

Post by enigma »

Don't go easy on me, but please be kind~.
LunchPolice
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Post by LunchPolice »

enigma, please tell us what you want feedback on.
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
enigma

Post by enigma »

My RPing in general, please.
Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Post by Sleuth »

enigma wrote:My RPing in general, please.
...Well, can you narrow it down? Give us categories, at least?

Like Characters, GMing, Writing Style, or something?
enigma

Post by enigma »

Characters and writing style, then.
Gombarry
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, 日本語のはなしています。

Post by Gombarry »

Don't go to hard on my or too soft.

I guess what I would like just a general opinion of my characters. Which are your fav's and why? What would you improve about them?
Holy Turnabout: Part 1 Coming Soon!
Creator of Minoru Akihiro and Jake Atari in Endless Time
Creator ofAntonio Fernandez Carriedo and plays Claudine Leferve in Final Warfare
Creator of Zorro in Redemption at Spirit Isle
Creator of Luke Andrews in Desertia
Creator of Xamen Yem in Infinite Odyssey
Shadowsleuth wrote:BE UNHAPPY DARN IT!
Kruiser666

Post by Kruiser666 »

GO... ah... MEDIUM on me!

I want an opinion on what I should do with Cold State. It's been going SLOW lately and I don't know why. I mean people aren't posting but for what reason? I'm not sure... Something about the RP feels empty, even to me. WHAT SHOULD I DO!
ASHES ARE KEY
Creator of Jax, Wild, The Mayor and Nina from RP:Endless Time.
Creator of Brooke Pearson and Markess Holloway from RP:Cold State.
Creator of Kerenth Miller from RP:Infinite Odyssey.
Creator of Kruiser666, Trigen and Chance from RP:Where Anything Goes.
User of Captain America and Sam Fisher in RP: Dimensional Chaos.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

I won't be able to type up feedback for a while (And even then, I'm only giving criticism to some people who I feel like I know enough about their writing) but a quick question, LP. You asked for a "five" on the harshness scale, but never said what the scale was out of. Was it out of 10? Out of 5? Something else?
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Kruiser666 wrote:GO... ah... MEDIUM on me!

I want an opinion on what I should do with Cold State. It's been going SLOW lately and I don't know why. I mean people aren't posting but for what reason? I'm not sure... Something about the RP feels empty, even to me. WHAT SHOULD I DO!
Well, that's a pretty major crisis for a zombie apocalypse, and there's really only so much you can do without ending up cliche, or losing sight of the original work. Frankly, with how base and cliche most zombie apocalypse stories are, you should be pretty proud that you've kept it running for so long without people getting bored.

In this case, it might be good to establish some sort of goal; something attainable but always just out of reach. Like Thereme's death in ET; so long as he's there, the story goes on, and trying to kill him is what (presumably) the heroes' ultimate goal is.

For a zombie RP, it's less straightforward. Usually, the only thing that can end the zombie outbreak is some kind of magical cure or vaccine-- But once you've gotten your hands on it, there realy isn't much left to do, except for go back to your normal lives.

However, there could be a twist on this. Creating a vaccine might be an interesting story, so long as you keep it JUST out of reach. It would drive the characters on when you have nothing else to do, and could allow for creative ways for the players to try and get their hands on it, only to be foiled at the last second by a zombie attack, or maybe the vaccine didn't even work at all; or worse, it makes even BIGGER zombies.

Then again, I don't know. These are just suggestions I'm throwing out here. I don't read/follow CS, but that's just a problem I see with a lot of zombie fiction. There's only so many times you can shove a grenade down a zombie's throat before it gets tiring.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Shadowsleuth wrote:
Kruiser666 wrote:GO... ah... MEDIUM on me!

Well, that's a pretty major crisis for a zombie apocalypse, and there's really only so much you can do without ending up cliche, or losing sight of the original work. Frankly, with how base and cliche most zombie apocalypse stories are, you should be pretty proud that you've kept it running for so long without people getting bored.

In this case, it might be good to establish some sort of goal; something attainable but always just out of reach. Like Thereme's death in ET; so long as he's there, the story goes on, and trying to kill him is what (presumably) the heroes' ultimate goal is.

For a zombie RP, it's less straightforward. Usually, the only thing that can end the zombie outbreak is some kind of magical cure or vaccine-- But once you've gotten your hands on it, there realy isn't much left to do, except for go back to your normal lives.

However, there could be a twist on this. Creating a vaccine might be an interesting story, so long as you keep it JUST out of reach. It would drive the characters on when you have nothing else to do, and could allow for creative ways for the players to try and get their hands on it, only to be foiled at the last second by a zombie attack, or maybe the vaccine didn't even work at all; or worse, it makes even BIGGER zombies.

Then again, I don't know. These are just suggestions I'm throwing out here. I don't read/follow CS, but that's just a problem I see with a lot of zombie fiction. There's only so many times you can shove a grenade down a zombie's throat before it gets tiring.
CS has the goal to escape New York, actually. I feel more work needs to be done on the in-between to help players have an idea of what to do. Perhaps some stronger GM influence might be needed to create more places to go?

Also, CS is sort of in the FW era of RPs that got a lot of sign-ups but nowadays most of the players don't really RP often and the plot moves sorta slowly. More sign-ups would probably be helpful in actually getting it back into action.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Well shows how much I know. >_>

I'd like to do some reviews here, but I'm probably going to use my free time to actually RP. I DO want critiques, but I'll wait until everyone else has gotten some for them. Don't want this to end up like the request topic.
LunchPolice
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Post by LunchPolice »

GuardianDreamer wrote:I won't be able to type up feedback for a while (And even then, I'm only giving criticism to some people who I feel like I know enough about their writing) but a quick question, LP. You asked for a "five" on the harshness scale, but never said what the scale was out of. Was it out of 10? Out of 5? Something else?
Oh, right. It's out of ten.
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
Kruiser666

Post by Kruiser666 »

On the topic of Cold State, I have actually tried to attract players to a church for a side mission but it doesn't seem to be working. I have a plan and everything but it has been months and we still haven't gotten there yet... :(

Any other things I could try?
ASHES ARE KEY
Creator of Jax, Wild, The Mayor and Nina from RP:Endless Time.
Creator of Brooke Pearson and Markess Holloway from RP:Cold State.
Creator of Kerenth Miller from RP:Infinite Odyssey.
Creator of Kruiser666, Trigen and Chance from RP:Where Anything Goes.
User of Captain America and Sam Fisher in RP: Dimensional Chaos.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Find some more sub-plots to try out for players. Heck, I can loan Claus Vladimir to the plot, since he's sort of a villainous character. Just try and organize things to a point where it might appeal to more players and give more options, as well as make things easier for anybody new.

NOW SOMEBODY
CHARACTER OPINONS PLZ
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

Go easy on me cuz I'm a noob and I suk ;-;

I'd like feedback on my writing and characters.