RP: Final Fantasy AAO Edition

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

RP: Final Fantasy AAO Edition

Post by Gav »

Also known as: Let's create an FF game without the random encounters!
Spoiler : :
Once upon a time, on the planet called Aboloc, there was a heaven and a hell. The leaders of both countries guarded a special disc with which to maintain balance within their country. Varadux, king of the heavens, stood by a disc of Light that shone throughout half the planet. Camerio, a vicious dark dragon, killed anyone who got in the way of his dark disc that brought suffering to his half. The countries coexisted peacefully for a time.

One day, Camerio surprisingly invaded Heaven, breaking a sacred peace treaty made eons in the past, for he hated all light in his heart. Varadux fought back and overtook his army with ease, striking down Camerio and turning him into a human. He was the first of the ones on the barren surface of Aboloc outside the countries. The king then layed hell under the crust of the planet and raised his own kingdom into the small atmosphere of the planet, far above the clouds. Peace he had maintained, for he was a fair and wise king.

From then on, the land began to decay, for the dark disc was growing weaker than the light. Varadux, seeing this, took the elements of Fire, Wind, and Ice from his disc and made them discs in themselves, weakening the power of the light one. Then, the king split the elements of Storm, Earth, and Water from the dark disc. He put the 6 new discs in temples on Aboloc, and created continents and oceans to guard them. However, he soon took ill and became bedridden, learning that immortality was not truly possible from his royal court of magicians. Everyone in heaven grieved at the loss of a king, though Varadux had had the sense to build himself a successor, Varadux the Second, before death. All rulers from then on would be named of himself, decreed the first king.

Our story begins in the fifteenth doctora (200 years) of Abaloc. A thief, a cleric, a soldier, a boy, and a caster would meet in the doctora and upset the balance of the world. Castle Mordalo, home of Empress Thestari, ruler of the continent of Storm, feeds its poor and guards itself with determination. A soldier trainee, *insert name here*, has just begun training in the barracks...
This RP has 11 roles, 5 of the heroes, the other 6 a secret for only a short time. It'll work like a regular MacGuffin quest, with the players choosing where to go. I will only guide you in the right direction. However, the first part is predetermined: The five heroes will meet in the castle and talk until I move the story along. It'll be unpredictable and fun!

Rules: You should know these by now, so here are RP specific rules:
When fighting enemies, you'll be at a set level and have set skills. I will post your skill list at the beginning of each fight.
Battles move so that the enemy attacks once every hour and you can attack once every hour, depending on your speed. Hours do not stack.
You can choose which MagGuffins to go after. I'll change the stats of certain enemies based on those. However, there will be a predetermined first and last.

Roles:
Soldier -
Cleric -
Caster -
Thief -
Boy -
Secret 1 -
Secret 2 -
Secret 3 -
Secret 4 -
Secret 5 -
Secret 6 -

The signup sheet is basically nonexistant. Since characters in good RPGs often have secrets, only post what you want the other characters to know about you.
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
MrAwesome
Spoken languages: English

Re: RP: Final Fantasy AAO Edition

Post by MrAwesome »

This is interesting. I guess I'll join this. But I'm having a hard time choosing between the boy and the soldier...:holdit: I might just be trying on another old post....forget I said anything I until I confirm it.
Mr. Awesome Ace Attorney
Kruiser666
Spoken languages: English

Re: RP: Final Fantasy AAO Edition

Post by Kruiser666 »

It's old. You can tell by looking in the bottom left hand corner of a post.
ASHES ARE KEY
Creator of Jax, Wild, The Mayor and Nina from RP:Endless Time.
Creator of Brooke Pearson and Markess Holloway from RP:Cold State.
Creator of Kerenth Miller from RP:Infinite Odyssey.
Creator of Kruiser666, Trigen and Chance from RP:Where Anything Goes.
User of Captain America and Sam Fisher in RP: Dimensional Chaos.