Match-up Mayhem V2 (Current Battle: Toph VS Spider-Man)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

LunchPolice
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Match-up Mayhem V2 (Current Battle: Toph VS Spider-Man)

Post by LunchPolice »

Match-up Mayhem

Hey guys! I decided to try this thread idea again. I was a little too ambitious last time so here's a version that requires much less
work from me and is more just about the discussion. Hopefully you guys find it interesting this time.

This game is a bit like "Who Would Win?" except it's more in-depth and organised.
Every 2 weeks or so I will pick a user-decided match-up for the topic, and we can all discuss who would win a fight to the finish.
Comments must contain actual reasons, not just "Tails would win". We should go over each character's skills, items and more.
At the end of the match-up the winner will be decided. I'll add the winner to the OP and a brief summary of the discussion.

Rules
- Characters will have access to every canon item and skill they have from their series up to the point we're taking them from.
- If a character would not normally kill, they would here. Both characters are going all-out. This is just for fun, after all.
- Game mechanics that contradict canon don't count. For example, we know Akuma doesn't have pathetically low health in canon; he's just like that to balance the game.

Despite the fact that match-ups are user-decided, the first match-up will be picked by me to get the ball rolling.
The first match-up is...
Toph(Avatar: The Last Airbender)

VS

Spider-Man(Tobey Maguire Spider-Man trilogy)

The battlefield is Assassin's Creed 3's Frontier.
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
ShadowEdgeworth
Spoken languages: English

Re: Match-up Mayhem V2 (Current Battle: Toph VS Spider-Man)

Post by ShadowEdgeworth »

Spider-Man would clearly win due to a variety of factors. Toph's ability requires her to be able to detect vibrations in the ground, however, Spidey doesn't require contact with the ground to attack. The only way Toph will be able to sense Peter is through vibrations caused by the use of trees as a web-slinging device, but this might even be difficult for her as the snow could disrupt her from feeling it, as it does with sand.

Spidey has an even further advantage from being able to attack with his webbing. He can easily wrap Toph up in a web-cocoon while leaping from tree to tree. If all else fails, he can attack with a flying downward kick, which I believe Toph would be almost unable to anticipate in time.

Epic Rap Battles of AAO History: Meph VS Unas l Phoenix Wright VS Glase Canon l SuperGanondorf VS GotMLK7 l Mimi Mika VS Zeel1

Winner of the Golden Star Award 2010!
Creator of Commander Mika Cadenza and Admiral Kathryn Jayneway in Endless Time!
Currently RPing as The Doctor, Shadow The Hedgehog, and Spider-Man in Dimensional Chaos!
Currently RPing as Spider-Man and Black Cat in Crossover Central!
Creator of Alexis Calika in Vermillion Sunset and Alex Tazian in Final Warfare!
LunchPolice

Post by LunchPolice »

Well, what if Toph made an earth dome around her body? That way she could just camp underneath it, and she'd probably feel any vibrations caused by Spider-Man coming into contact with it. She could then attack by manipulating rocks outside of the dome or pieces of the dome itself.
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

I don't know how effective Toph's vibration-finding powers would be against web. There's a possibility she could use them to track him down, but that really depends on how clever both are. Toph can also hear, I presume, so she could hear Spider-Man coming and use the sound of his swings, or webs or whatever, to raise defenses in the general direction. At the very least, she could dome in for a while with an earth wall on all sides. Though Spider-Man has super-strength, so that might not pose much of a threat. Spider-Man does need to take care to stay off the ground, though, because his best asset in the fight so far is his sheer ability to avoid Toph's senses via his swinginess. The cold should also be a factor, though I presume it'd actually be somewhat refreshing to Spidey, considering what he wears all the time.

But really, Sonic wins. End of story.
Kruiser666

Post by Kruiser666 »

Snow wouldn't be much of a problem seeing as Toph could easily use the earth to create a snowplow. And reading the wiki it says she can successfully intercept projectiles using her sense... Somehow??? But she can't see people who are airborne.

"Toph had a great sense of hearing, able to clearly hear the most subtle of whispering from a considerable distances and could recognize people by the sound of their voices." With this in mind she probably would be able to hear Spider-man and his projectiles hitting the trees.

Her agility is actually really good she would be able to dodge Spidey's webs and send a wall of earth straight back at him. Like a massive wall in width and height.

I think Toph would win for the reasons above^
ASHES ARE KEY
Creator of Jax, Wild, The Mayor and Nina from RP:Endless Time.
Creator of Brooke Pearson and Markess Holloway from RP:Cold State.
Creator of Kerenth Miller from RP:Infinite Odyssey.
Creator of Kruiser666, Trigen and Chance from RP:Where Anything Goes.
User of Captain America and Sam Fisher in RP: Dimensional Chaos.
ShadowEdgeworth

Spidey could dodge and/or run up said wall with no problem. Remember, Spidey's got an extreme aerial capability, and some excellent endurance. The guy survived being hit by a train once! He can easily employ a hit and run strategy against Toph. She won't be able to detect aerial kicks. She can't dodge what she can't see or hear

Heck, even Batman could beat Toph.

Epic Rap Battles of AAO History: Meph VS Unas l Phoenix Wright VS Glase Canon l SuperGanondorf VS GotMLK7 l Mimi Mika VS Zeel1

Currently RPing as The Doctor, Shadow The Hedgehog, and Spider-Man in Dimensional Chaos!
Kruiser666

Post by Kruiser666 »

Ahh... But if she made this wall tall enough he couldn't sling over it, not from the ground anyway. And if he latched onto it and started to climb she could detect and cover him in a box of earth, constricting him to death. Another option is at the beginning of the round make one huge earth room around the two and then constrict them both but then push herself out, leaving Spidey to die. A couple more things, she can topple surrounding with earth so Spidey can't web sling anywhere. Annnd if he decides to shot her she can make herself armor plating! HELL YEA...
ASHES ARE KEY
ShadowEdgeworth

Ahh... But if she made this wall tall enough he couldn't sling over it, not from the ground anyway. And if he latched onto it and started to climb she could detect and cover him in a box of earth, constricting him to death. Another option is at the beginning of the round make one huge earth room around the two and then constrict them both but then push herself out, leaving Spidey to die. A couple more things, she can topple surrounding with earth so Spidey can't web sling anywhere. Annnd if he decides to shot her she can make herself armor plating! HELL YEA...

---

You're forgetting that this is the same Spidey who survived being pounded about 4 times by a giant fist of sand, rocks and dirt that no doubt weighed tons, while being strangled to death, and survived without any broken bones.

Also, I'm pretty sure this would take time for Toph to build up all these weapons. This whole arena is based around snow as well, to her powers are weakened, and her ability to detect Peter, will be weakened.

Also, earth is just that - earth. Spidey has superhuman strength. And he can break out of that earth dome and/or constriction with or without webs.

As for the wall, Peter would web-zip from wall part to wall part in seconds, without even touching the wall.

All Spidey needs to do is get a clear shot, fire a barrage of impact webs at her limbs and constrict her, and the battle is his. And knowing Spidey, he can probably do that at the first instance he does. 

Kruiser666

Post by Kruiser666 »

From the beginning of this thread I thought Toph was the clear winner. Turns out, I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT SPIDER-MAN. I tried researching his weaknesses and all of them had something to do with chemicals besides from this:

"Bad Luck: Not exactly a flaw or a disadvantage in his crime-fighting, Peter Parker's life is generally a complicated one. Peter has been forced in numerous ocassions to lie to people close to him, be late in his commitments, get away from people and so on for the sake of his secret identity. This inherent difficulty to get his superhero life a secrecy, matched with the number of superhuman events and beings in New York and simply coincidence has in turn, lead Peter to aggravete people around himself, even ones close to himself, and to, more often than not, run into trouble and embarrassment. As Peter often remarks whenever he misses an opportunity to better his social life, improve his finances, or even get to work on time, (due to his super-heroics), "Typical Parker Luck.""

I can't exactly use that... Anyway onto what I was gonna say. I have under estimated Mr.Spidey his strengths are far superior than Toph's. HE CAN LIFT 10 TONS! WTF!!! Didn't realize he was that god-damn strong. Anyway I'm saying this now, Toph has NOOO way of winning, judging by what I read Spider man would only need one hit to KO and he could do that before Toph even had her guard up.
ASHES ARE KEY
LunchPolice

Post by LunchPolice »

Keep in mind this is Spidey from the movies, not the comics. Are they just as strong as each other? I haven't seen the movies in a while so...
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
Kruiser666

Post by Kruiser666 »

I'm waiting on SE for this question because I'm not sure.
ASHES ARE KEY
Kruiser666

Post by Kruiser666 »

Um, SE do you know the answer?
ASHES ARE KEY
Master Of Chaos

Post by Master Of Chaos »

Movie Spider-Man took a freaking grenade to the face in the first movie. Oh yeah, he's tough.
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Okay then. Time for the next round: Spider-Man vs Slenderman
ShadowEdgeworth

Oh, damn, terribly sorry. Got side-tracked... extensively... ^^'

Yeah, they are as strong as each other - as Chaos said, Peter took a grenade to the face, then thrown through a brick wall, as well as consecutive beatings from Osborn in Spider-Man 1, and yet could still come back to kick his ass.

In Spider-Man 2, Spidey gets hit BY A TRAIN and survives, web swinging back towards Doc Ock, then proceeds to STOP THE TRAIN WITH ONLY WEBS. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JhRqBZ-qa8

In Spider-Man 3, he gets pounded by several tons of rock, metal and sand, while being choked, AND SURVIVES.

Yeah, he's damn tough.