RP: Zero Escape - Friend or Fame [Group Digamma] (No Puzzle)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

RP: Zero Escape - Friend or Fame [Group Digamma] (No Puzzle)

Post by Blackrune »

/!\ If you are not part of this RP, post in the OoC thread.

The game that will twist your lives...

Current puzzle
No puzzle

Inventories
Spoiler : Group Inventory :
GM's corner
Spoiler : Announcements, notices and clues :
Keep coming back for info on the RP, or clues if you're stuck!
Spoiler : Players & Characters :
GuardianDreamer
Mick
Mono the Meerp
Gumpei
DeeYo
Detective Luke Atmey
Singidava
Wolf Speaker
kwando1313
Spoiler : Bases for posts :
Puzzle Introduction Posts

Code: Select all

[align=center][size=200][color=#404080][ Puzzle Name ][/color][/size]

[url=]MUSIC[/url]

[img][ Puzzle Map ][/img][/align]

[i]Short description of the room and ambience.[/i]

[b]List of players[/b]
[list][*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]
Puzzle Closure Posts

Code: Select all

[i]Narration of the end of a puzzle[/i]

[align=center][size=200][color=#404080]You found it[/color][/size][/align]
Spoiler : Links to Introductions to puzzles :
Playthrough A
Locked Bedroom
Rules and guidelines
Spoiler : Rules :
You cannot...
  • Share any information (not yet known) about any character, outside from the RPing
  • Read any part of a topic that your character is not supposed to be aware of or included in.
  • Read a spoiler tag when your character isn't being adressed by its writer. (Not listed in the allowed characters)
  • Use contents of another playthrough if you have not been allowed by a GM.
  • Post in any thread other than OoC if your character is dead, not even in spoiler tags.
  • Post OoC-only if it isn't in the OoC thread. You can include OoC comments in your posts though.
  • Make decisions that the whole group should make, practically speaking. (Don't control other characters.)
You must...
  • Use spoiler tags when you are whispering/talking in private to another character; or when you are in a different room than the rest with other characters.
  • List the characters that are allowed to read a spoiler tag. All of them must be present or have means to listen to you. (A spoiler tag means your character whispers to another or takes them to a side to have a private conversation.)
  • Wait for a GM to post after a "major event" has occured, unless your next post has nothing to do.
    "Major event" examples: Pushing a button for the first time or opening a door for the first time, doing something to someone (severely hurting someone for example)
You may...
  • Use fully censored swear words, or else what kind of ZE is this?
  • Use GM-adressed spoiler tags if you have any doubts.
  • Find a general writing format if you want a more homogeneous reading.
  • Decide together from where to start if you are starting a new playthrough.
[/list]

For story-wise and practical reasons, GMs will be allowed at any moment to do exceptions to these rules for any character at any given time.
Spoiler : Guidelines :
Investigating puzzles

Each puzzle needs interaction from the players in order for it to be solved. This interaction will have a somewhat specific format, those of you who know "Whodunnit" will be familiar to it, although it isn't exactly the same.

The player will indicate his actions as black bolded text:
I take the small box from the floor and open it.

You will then receive either a positive or negative response from your GM:
You open the box and find a key inside! or You try opening the box, but it appears to be locked.

In order to check your inventory, which will be share with the entire team, and the map of the room you are locked in, you can come back to the first post which will have frequently updated information on your status.

Escape the room

The very first puzzle is quite particular since you are all seperated, and for that matter, none of you knows what their teammates are doing at that exact moment. Because of that and just for this puzzle, spoiler tags will be used in the entirety of this puzzle: all your posts will be under a spoiler tag, and all of the GM responses will be in a spoiler tag specifically directed to you.

RPing during a puzzle

You can roleplay during puzzle phases, tell other characters things, information, even tell them about you! It isn't forbidden to add things from your character, comments and reactions: it is even recommended for more realism and well, unicity if you'd like some :) Anything that is not bolded will be considered Roleplaying and not contributing to the puzzle. Of course, you can integrate the actions inside your roleplaying.

He woke up in a strange room... What had happened? He looked around in order to see in what kind of place he now was.

Hidden actions

Your character found something he wants to keep to himself or do something without the rest knowing? PM your GM before receiving an update on what your character will find, before searching a place or before having your character execute the action, and you will privately receive an update on your situation. It may be possible or not for your character to do something like that at specific moments.
Last edited by Blackrune on Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:35 am, edited 26 times in total.
Blackrune

Re: RP: Zero Escape - Friend or Fame [Group B] (Locked bedro

Post by Blackrune »

Locked Bedroom

Darkness, silence, and metal walls... You wake up in a strange and ominous bedroom with all of those things surrounding you. At least the bed was comfortable... It seems that you are alone and locked in. Some black metal furniture, some shelves made of steel and your only way out: a closed metal door. You spot something above it, a screen of some sort, but it seems to be turned off.

Not so long after staring at the screen, it displays something:
Spoiler : Screen :

It seems to be a countdown of some sort, 08:57, 08:56... Suddenly, you start feeling some kind of heat. You think it might be the stress but no... The room is actually heating up, you have to escape.

The first thing you spot: a small paper with something written on it on a furniture next to your bed...

List of players (separated)
  • Gumpei
  • EdgeOverRuled
  • Detective Luke Atmey
EdgeOverRuled
Spoken languages: German, English y un poco de Español

Post by EdgeOverRuled »

Spoiler : :
"I better get out of here fast.I can start thinking when I'm not in danger anymore."
I examine the paper next to my bed.
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

Edge
You examine the paper. It seems like it was torn off somewhere. There's something written on it.
"You have been chosen to play a game of wits, a game in which you will put everything to a side, and do whatever you can for the sake of your people, or maybe... just yourself... Will you prove you are worthy of your life? I believe you will have quite some fun with the little present I gave you just now, the temperature is rising...

Zero Beta"
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

Many thoughts were swirling through the young lady's head, but the overwhelming heat had begun to cloud her mind, in addition to making her sweat.

There has to be a way out of here...

Her attention turned away from the ticking clock, and towards the paper sitting on the small desk next to the bed she had been resting on.

I pick up and examine the paper.
Last edited by Gumpei on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

Gumpei
You pick up and read the paper. It seems like it was torn off somewhere. There's something written on it.
"You have been chosen to play a game of wits, a game in which you will put everything to a side, and do whatever you can for the sake of your people, or maybe... just yourself... Will you prove you are worthy of your life? I believe you will have quite some fun with the little present I gave you just now, the temperature is rising...

Zero Beta"
EdgeOverRuled

Post by EdgeOverRuled »

"W-Worthy of my life...? I should pick it up."
I look around.
Gumpei

Post by Gumpei »

Spoiler : OOC :
...Switching perspectives like this to perform actions will be annoying, but I don't know how to write in anything but third person. :<
She stares quizzically at the paper for a moment, before lowering it and depositing the note in one of her pants pockets. She was still having a hard time maintaining a coherent thought... her mind was set on getting out of the room before she had a heat stroke.

I look at my surroundings.
Last edited by Gumpei on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

Edge
You pick up the note. You're sitting on a clean black bed. There's a door on the opposite wall. The timer on the screen above it keeps counting down. There seems to be some square device next to the door, but you can't make out details from here. Next to the bed is the furniture you picked the note up from. There's also an ordinary lamp on it. It does also seem to have a cupboard on the front. Following the wall on the left there are two metal cabinets. On the wall to your left is a pair of horizontal shelves.
Gumpei
You're sitting on a clean black bed. There's a door on the opposite wall. The timer on the screen above it keeps counting down. There seems to be some square device next to the door, but you can't make out details from here. Next to the bed is the furniture you picked the note up from. There's also an ordinary lamp on it. It does also seem to have a cupboard on the front. Following the wall on the left there are two metal cabinets. On the wall to your left is a pair of horizontal shelves.
Gumpei

Post by Gumpei »

I walk to the door and attempt to open it.
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

Gumpei
The door doesn't seem to have a handle and won't open.
Gumpei

Post by Gumpei »

Of course...

I examine the square device next to the door.
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

Gumpei
There's a small screen displaying the word "LOCKED". The device also has some sort of circular hole with some indentations on the sides.
EdgeOverRuled

Post by EdgeOverRuled »

I open the cupboard next to my bed.
Gumpei

Post by Gumpei »

Hm...

Feeling the sweat continue to drip down her neck, she immediately began looking around the room for something that could potentially help.

I return to where I picked up the note and examine the cupboard.