RP: Empires of the Smokey Skies

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Re: RP: Empires of the Smokey Skies

Post by Sleuth »

The Federalist States of Southern America
Southern Rainforest:

The transport was there and ready when Claire arrived at the designated pickup zone. A black and green airship, disguised to look the part of an FSSA ship with the logo emblazoned on its side, hovered down from the moonlit sky just as she broke through the green underbrush into the cool night air. With her left eye, she could make out the pilot waving at her, and she broke into a sprint to catch up. The side of the airship opened up, and the crew beckoned her inside. Claire grabbed onto the hanging ladder, and within seconds, the ship was off.

"Well, look at you, Miss 'Master Assassin'," One of the crewmates said with a grin, slapping her across the back. "You really brought the house down on them!"

"Very nice work, Ms. Shinigami," Said another, a dark-haired young woman dressed in combat armor. "You performed admirably."

"Oh, thank you," Claire said, reddening somewhat at the praise. "It was really nothing, though. All I did was follow orders."

"Following orders is admirable," The woman replied, patting Claire on the robotic shoulder, "It's what all warriors strive for: total obedience. And you displayed it excellently tonight, Claire. You will make a fine agent for Korrin."

Claire bowed. "Thank you very much, Colonel Mukuro."

"Now," Said the pilot, her voice echoing from the cockpit, "Let's get you guys back to base. Headquarters' got another mission on the horizon."

Claire smiled. Good, another mission. It would seem odd that she looked forward to work; but missions were the best way to be useful, to stay helpful. She took her seat, and started to relax; after all, she had precious little time before they arrived back home in Korrin, where she would be briefed for her next mission.

Spoiler : :
Short Claire post. I'll see if I can get her into the Great Barrier Reef campaign as part of Korrin. Sound good, Gom?
Pyro-geddon

Post by Pyro-geddon »

“As most of you are aware Korrin is the most advanced nation in the way of technology and scientist to have risen from the Great War and most of the other nations have progressed well so far as well. But what about us as people, have we just gone back to the old ways before the war? We have been given a chance to start anew, fresh! But what have we done… wasted it, we became a nation of secrets, of hiding, hiding from the truth that’s out there. That we are on the verge of war! And are we just going to sit on the side lines while the world goes to war? Destroying us along the way. No, we are a strong nation in people and in bond. If we do this together we could not only win the war, but become the dominate nation over all. And I say we take the war to their front door!

With that he lowered the megaphone device and walked over to his machine, ripped off the cover revealing the single steaming hunk of metal, quickly pulling some leavers and cranking some leavers. The machine slowly started to come alive. Turning to the crowd he raised his arms and declared, “And these will lead the way!”

Rowan was unsure of what to do as he watched what was unfolding in front of him, he could see that it was a mixed opinions from the crowd as some were nodding slightly showing their agreement with the rich man, the others well… you could see it on their faces “disgust” and he could understand where they were coming from, the Great war had taken everything from his people. And it had taken years, no centuries of hard work and sacrifice of his nation to get where they were now. And they earned to have their peace a bond stronger than other country. And this man would risk all that they had worked so hard to achieve, so what… he could have his petty war. No, he could not let him do this.

Walking towards the man now he could see that his war machine were fully up and operational, and in all his years of mechanics he had never seen any think like it. Roughly standing at 3 meters tall it was impressive, it stood on two large legs, it seemed to have a burner as it main power source which was just under the abdomen, the machine also had a cockpit in which the controller would sit. And to his dismay is what the rich man was now crawling into. Gathering up as much courage as he could he walked into his view as he addressed the man.

“You can’t do this” trying to sound braver than he felt, the man now looked up with a smile showing him his perfect set of teeth as he was strapping in himself into the machine “oh but that is where you are mistaken my good man, you see I have money, power and now technology I can do as I very well please” Rowan could feel his condescending attitude toward him as he was trying to reason with him. “You will risk everything that these people, my father have built and sacrificed for, can’t you see that!” the man’s smile quickly vanished now as he turned to Rowan “This is the Progress War son! We either progress or we die, simple as that. Now get out of my way or….” As the mech started to power up, spewing steam from the exhausts and grinding of the gears. “Would you like some assistance?”

Still standing about ten feet away from the man, Rowan lifted the wench from his back with one hand, and felt for his ray gun in his jacket with the other. As he quietly mumbled “For you father.”

All the while in the back of his mind Rowan wondered where Fox face had gotten to.
So sorry it has taken so long, :oops: just got through a ton of home work
Looks kind of like this just so you can get an idea of the shape, but with more cogs and steam.
Attachments
Looks kind of like this just so you can get an idea of the shape, but with more cogs and steam.
zz.jpg (7.7 KiB) Viewed 923 times
Life without imagination is DEAD.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Reserving for next post.