RP: Empires of the Smokey Skies

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Stealthfire
Spoken languages: English

Re: RP: Empires of the Smokey Skies

Post by Stealthfire »

Spoiler : :
My activity is going to be sad these days. T_T Uuuu~
And I do hard science too much lol.
Iston Felipp and Hastelle Vedix
Somewhere in the Pacific Ocean

Seawater gushed through the tanks that surrounded the core of the Istfel. The water level rose rapidly, and the gauges and instruments that filled the bridge responded to match the change. The needle on the gauge labelled "Water Tank Load" moved to the blue region - optimal capacity for water replacement. Iston Felipp threw open the cover of the speaking tube and announced to the rest of the ship," This is Iston, the tanks are blue. Raise the rods and generate the steam."

The acoustic tubes tunnelled his voice throughout the Istfel, most importantly, to the central core. The group stationed there, so mutated that they barely look human, quietly moved to an array of ropes with clamps fastened to them. A few of them moved to operate the clamps, while the rest pulled on the ropes. The ropes were connected to a complex series of mechanisms which travelled all the way to the rods attached to the reactors in the core. They were designed to be effortless to handle, for the crew had limited strength. The group pulled on a few selected ropes, and the control rods of the nuclear reactors raised slightly. The clamps went back on, and the crew waited.

The control rods reduced their inhibition of the chain reaction, and the heat started to build up. Very soon, the water boiled and the crew begun the blowdown procedure to prevent salt from building up. Their steps also included a procedure to desalinate the seawater for long term use as steam. The different tanks of water were filled with fresh water, and resultant brine was ejected into the sea. The doors from which sea water entered finally closed. With the water in the tanks renewed, the Water Tank Load gauge now showed green - full capacity. The boiler tanks too, were green. Iston Felipp now gave his next order," Our water is renewed, all tanks are green. Time to direct the steam to the fans."

The crew at the steam control room began their work. The steam was redirected back to the reactor via a series of tubes to be superheated. Then, it was directed to all over Istfel to power the various mechanisms of the ship. Most importantly, the main recipient of the superheated steam was the turbines that controlled the ship's fans. Their propulsion quickly lifted the Istfel from the sea.

Iston checked the instruments at the bridge once more. Everything seemed to be in order. Based of the information he had bought from Telesia, the areas with the largest concentrations of artifacts similar to the cores of the Istfel were Eastern Damalace, Western URE and the Eastmost part of Korrin. The easiest to access would be Korrin, and that was his destination. Estimated time to arrival - 2 days at cruising speed. He glanced at his map and checked his coordinates for a few moments, ensuring he was still on course.

All of a sudden, as he operated his sextant to recokon his location, his sighting suddenly swayed and Iston almost dropped his instrument. The bridge's door clicked and flung open. A young woman with a permanent grin on her face burst into the room, holding a couple of blueprints in her hand. "Hey, hey! When are we reaching land? I need to find a suitable person for this new design I have! It's a new and improved version of the design I had previously! You see, it can be controlled by muscles now! Look! Look!"

"Uhh... Calm down Hastelle, we should not be hitting land for another 2 days. So... You said you have a new design now? It's the hand right? Well, let me take a look then. I'll see how safe I can make it." Several years with her and Iston still couldn't be entirely comfortable with her actions. He had given up on trying to stop her. His only respite in dealing with her came from trying to make her insane inventions safer so that she might kill less people. Hastelle laid her blueprints on the large table in the back of the bridge and introduced her design. Her design consisted of attaching multiple fasteners to the arm muscles which would be connected to a mechanism that allowed the prosthetic fingers on the hand to move. It required that at least part of the wrist to still exist for the hand to be fitted.

"So... it connects directly to the arm and wrist muscles? What happens above the muscles?"

"Yes! Well, the whole thing fits over the muscles. I guess I could scrape the skin off for a better fit..."

Well...That wasn't a good question. "Err, how about fitting the mechanism above the skin? It may be weaker, but it should require less maintenance and last longer. Maybe it could be supported by external power, like compressed air or a spring. Then the muscle would only be used for control."

"Hmm, control? I haven't yet found a way to directly connect to the nerves... Using the muscles as a intermediary is great idea! I'll be back!" And with that, she rolled up the blueprints and walked out of the bridge.

Iston gave a sigh of relief and returned to sighting on his sextant. Well, hopefully her next design comes out safer. I'll have to make sure she causes as little trouble as possible at Korrin. ...Speaking of which, I wonder what we'll need in preparation there? We'll be at the primary area of Korrin after all...
Eshvelut Lochelle, king.
Roxciel Artefille, the world's librarian.
Salfira Artefille, madhatter. lulz.
My characters of Endless Time.
I failed! Dood!
Anyway, try counting the words. Lines are too big I find.

... ...僕は少女じゃない!

I have a HHNNNGGG!! worthy sig now. Click it!
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

This is in response to DLA, who edited his last post with stuff.
The FSSA

Fiona had to stop running for a bit. She had dashed off towards the lights in the distance hoping for civilization, but that plan got tiring quickly. She underestimated how far away the lights actually were. It certainly didn't help that she was tired of walking already, and that her new weapon made dashing like that rather difficult. She sat down for a bit, putting the scythe on the ground and breathing heavily.

"Ugh...I'm not cut out for this crap..." Wiping the sweat away from her forehead, Fiona looked around. Maybe there was a stream or something that could help her cool off. Unfortunately, this was no rain forest. She couldn't see anything nearby that could help her out...at least, not until she looked up.

Fiona squinted as she saw the thing in the sky. She couldn't even tell what she was looking at at first. From what it looked like, it was...a hot air balloon. With the design of a cow on it. Flying surprisingly fast for something of its kind.

"What the hell...?" Fiona picked up her scythe again and got to her feet, forgetting how tired she was. She watched the balloon as it slowed down, gradually descending. It was landing nearby. Either this was a stroke of luck for Fiona...or she'd be fighting for her life.

Hiding behind trees, Fiona followed behind the balloon as it came to the ground. From behind a trunk she saw it land in an open clearing between the dense trees. From out of the balloon stepped a rather...odd woman, to say the least. Red braided hair beneath a top hat, with a long brown coat over her body and a single boot on one foot. Fiona could already see she was armed...a katana sheathed on her back and two revolvers in a belt half-hidden beneath her coat. This might get tricky after all, she thought.

The woman began to look around. Was she searching for Fiona? Or was she just a random stranger? Either way, Fiona couldn't risk injury. But she also couldn't let this opportunity go. For all she knew, this woman could have information on Roy, or even some fresh water to share. Coming out slowly from behind the trees, Fiona prepared her scythe, finger around the trigger. Quickly, she pointed the barrel of the rifle built into the scythe towards the stranger.

"Freeze!" she shouted, keeping her eyes on the woman to make sure she wouldn't draw a gun. "Who are you? And what the hell are you doing here?"
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

"ACK!" Suzanne said, holding up her hands. "The name is Suzanne Heifer, and I was running for my life. I just happened to land here and decided to look around. I don't mean any harm. I don't know why you'd think that I did..." she looked down at her revolvers. "Oh, right. Don't worry about it, I won't try and shoot. Mind telling me exactly where we are? All I know is I was going to the FSSA..."
The Final but not so ending chapter.
naagloshii
Spoken languages: English, French, learning Russian

Post by naagloshii »

The train ride hadn't lasted very long. Only a few hours into the trip the locomotive had jerked, screeched horribly, and filled with smoke. While the other patrons began screaming and running for the exits, pounding on the doors that were locked while the train was in motion, Hana forced her racing heart to remain calm and slipped to the floor between her seat and the seats in front of her. She curled into a small ball, covering her head and neck with her arms, and tugged her shirt up to cover her mouth and nose, filtering the air slightly. She heard people fall to the floor as the smoke filled their lungs and forced them into unconsciousness as the train screeched and ground to a halt.

The doors burst open and oxygen flooded the compartment. Dizzy from unclean air and nerves, Hana stood up and was one of the first people out into the light, stepping over an unconscious child as she went. The smoke billowed out of the train as the attendants quickly and carefully managed to extricate the passengers, none of whom were seriously injured. A message was passed from attendant to attendant from the conductor to the rear of the train, where Hana stood amongst a throng of people waiting to hear what would happen next.

"The conductor has informed us that the problem, while major, should be easily fixed in about a day," their attendant announced loudly. "We're just outside of a small town called Gatewood. You will all be accommodated for free of charge. It's about an hour walk north of here. Those who are unable to walk will wait with the train and several attendants until transportation to Gatewood can be arranged. Thank you all for your cooperation and our deepest apologies for the inconvenience."

Hana didn't wait a moment longer than was necessary. The other passengers were organizing themselves, gathering luggage and meeting up with friends or family from other compartments - but Hana had no luggage, no friends. With one scathing look back at the mob, she began walking north.

Half an hour later she had removed her jacket and draped it over her arm, tied her hair back off her neck, and was regretting her practical choice to wear all black. The sun beat down viciously over her, and the terrain was sparse and green, with very little shade. Regardless, she walked on without slowly or showing more than cursory signs of her discomfort, having been joined a few minutes after her departure by a group of other walkers led by an attendant.

For the rest of the walk, her companions spoke to each other amicably, getting more and more cheerful as they grew tired - overcompensating, Hana guessed. Several times an outgoing member of the group attempted to engage her in the conversation, but each time she responded with only a single word; by the time they reached the town, they had all stopped trying, but were very careful to ensure that Hana was included in the physical mass of people that swarmed the small streets.

It was early in the afternoon, and so the townsfolk were milling about. All seemed very willing to help the travellers, and without even speaking a word Hana found a cup of cool water in her hands and a cold cloth draped over her neck. With a nod of thanks, she escaped the horde and ducked into a doorway, where she sat and drank slowly, watching the Gatewood townspeople as they went about their daily lives. It was cute, she thought absently, how people managed to find significance in even the most menial of lives. None of these people knew who she was or how important she had been. None of these people knew that she was, by all accounts, dead. For all she knew, news from Korrin didn't even reach this far south. It was almost refreshing to be in a place where she was completely unknown. It gave her a strange sense of peace.
Spoiler : ooc @ pyro-geddon and S.S.Sleuth :
I've stuck Hana in Gatewood so she can have a chance to interact with someone but neither of you are in any way obligated to respond XD. I know you probably have a plan for your scene
I'm off to listen to bands you kids have never heard of, and when they go major I'll be there to complain about how much they've sold out!
-Uzuki Yashiro

♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Fiona didn't ease up. She kept the rifle trained on the stranger, just in case. She didn't seem to be lying, but still, Fiona couldn't trust many people in war time. Especially when they seemed to be a foreigner...

"Yeah, this is the FSSA..." Fiona's eyes were constantly trained on Suzanne. She didn't feel like she could even blink. She didn't know if she could trust this woman yet, after all. Her story could be made up, and she might be ready to draw a weapon any second now. Fiona needed more details.

"Mind telling me exactly what you're running from? I can't say that I generally trust heavily armed woman coming down in giant balloons at first glance, ya know..."
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

DLA

Post by DLA »

"Well... Someone was trying to kill me, you see. There was an explosion, I lost a ton of valuable stuff, and, well, my first reaction was to run as far as I could get in about a day. I haven't harmed anyone to make them want to do that, and I have no idea why it happened." she said. "You still don't trust me, apparently. Just to show you I won't try to hurt you, I'll set down my guns." she said. She took her revolvers out of her belt and set them down, kicking them behind her. "And obviously I won't try to use the sword, as I'd obviously die against someone with a gun." she said.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Fiona's eyes shifted from Suzanne to the guns on the floor, remaining silent. After a moment of consideration, she lowered the rifle. For now, at least, Suzanne seemed trustworthy.

"Fine then. Welcome to the FSSA, I guess. Though you didn't really choose the best place to land." Fiona motioned towards the forest. "This place is nothing but forest. I haven't come across civilization for what feels like miles."

Sticking the blade of the scythe in the ground and leaning on the handle as it stuck up, Fiona sighed. "Well, HOPEFULLY I'm getting close. Can't really say for sure though..." She stopped for a moment. "...Oh yeah. The name's Fiona, by the way. Fiona Scarlet."

DLA

Post by DLA »

"It's my first time in this forest area, so I can't really help you in terms of finding civilization, but we could always hop back in my blimp and try to find a city." she said. "It was easy enough getting here using the blimp. Should be easy enough to get to civilization using the very same one."
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Spoiler : @Naag :
Sure, it's cool. It'll be nice to have one more person in the scene.
Pyro-geddon

Post by Pyro-geddon »

sounds good we could try and pick you up on the way :awesome:
Life without imagination is DEAD.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

...Well, anyways, we didn't have much planned, just some quick character dev with maybe a crisis like a haywire machine, which we can work you into if you want. We could also work something out in PM.
Kruiser666

Post by Kruiser666 »

Gillian made his way to the train's cockpit, where he'd drive the crew to Oldstate's bank. The small city where most of the fleeing passengers probably worked. Hopefully Dorian's talk wouldn't take too long, but while that's happening Gillian will have sort out the train driver.

Dorian entered the carriage his new team were seated. First sight, they didn't seem any better or worse than he'd had before. Ms. Jugs, sitting in the back row, twiddling with her short crimson hair. 4 teeth, sitting two seats from Dorian, looking rather excited. And...

"Was that really necessary?" said the currently unnamed bandit.

Dorian gave a slight chuckle, with sharp grin across his face before...

"Eh, no worry. He is... how you say, pussy? Hahahahaha." smiled 4 teeth, though on further inspection Dorian had spotted more.

Dorian chuckled some more, dropping his shoulders slightly. For the oldest one here, this man was clearly the happiest out of the new members. Dorian never had a older person or a redskin, though from what he'd heard this guy was keen criminal.

"Good...to have you...on board" said the newly named, Pussy.

"Thank you! endeble..." replied redskin, Dorian needed to decide on this guys name before they reached the bank. Otherwise 4 teeth or Redskin would get confused while Dorain shouted violent cursing and verbal abuse.

Taking one last look at the group Dorian realized that Pussy was actually there ticket into the vault. Too bad Dorian would have to wait until after the heist before he could teach him a lesson. Over Redskin's shoulder Dorian spotted Ms. Jugs approaching him. With a firm pat on his shoulder Dorian pushed Redskin out of his view and back into his chair. Walking in the middle of the isle strut Ms. Jugs, Dorian's gaze was set upon her hips as they swayed left and right. Making his way her body, setting his eyes on her chest he noticed a rifle slung across her back. It looked like a 50cal sniper, only two ways she could have that. Either she was military or she'd stolen it.

"Hey." Dorian said in smooth voice, looking to her eyes. "Ms. Jugs was it?" he smiled, raising an eyebrow and leaning in closer.

Without notice, Dorian crashed into the ground with a loud thud. For a few seconds Dorian had blacked out face flat on the ground. Ms. Jugs had hooked him across the face, she still remand standing in the same position. With the same serious look on her face. Dorian picked himself up, checking his jaw for any defects. Only a slight bump on the left of his jaw, nothing that would stop his charm.

"You're lucky that I've got other plans for you..." Dorian said biting his bottom lip. "GILLIAN! Its time to go!"

With that Gillian hurled the severely beaten train driver out of the cockpit and pulled the horn. They'd be there within the next 10 or so minutes.
There :D
ASHES ARE KEY
Creator of Jax, Wild, The Mayor and Nina from RP:Endless Time.
Creator of Brooke Pearson and Markess Holloway from RP:Cold State.
Creator of Kerenth Miller from RP:Infinite Odyssey.
Creator of Kruiser666, Trigen and Chance from RP:Where Anything Goes.
User of Captain America and Sam Fisher in RP: Dimensional Chaos.
jazzy456

Post by jazzy456 »

Great, thought Magnum as the train picked up a steady pace towards its destination, a new friend and a new nickname. He sunk bitterly into his chair and looked at the team the leader had assembled.

Let's see, he began running the names through his head; his new friend was called Redskin, Gillian seemed to be the right-hand man, and the sole female was... Ms. Jugs. "Pervert," Magnum muttered distastefully when his leader was out of earshot. To pass the time he played with one of his knives, watching it mindlessly as it floated above his hand. Part of this activity was for amusement, but the other part was to subtly remind the leader exactly who he was should he walk by again.
Creator of several insignificant RP characters.
By the way, Rivafiesh, is pronounced River Fish.
Also, check an awesome site I'm a part of: http://www.mishmeshmedia.webs.com

IT ALWAYS ENDS IN ASHES
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Fiona glanced at the large cow-shaped blimp. It wasn't exactly what Fiona considered a..."subtle" entrance. Seeing that she was leaving home in the first place to save her brother from the war and that she had a stolen military-grade weapon in her possession, flying into the nearest city in a giant cow didn't seem to be the best idea.

"...I'll have to pass. I'm sure I can manage just walking there by myse-"

Fiona was interrupted by the loud growl of her stomach. She hadn't eaten in hours and it seemed to be catching up with her. Come to think of it, she didn't even have any money in her pockets to purchase any food should she find a city.

Turning back to Suzanne, Fiona sighed reluctantly. "...Well maybe not by myself..."

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

The Federalist States of Southern America
"Sector Zero"
Proximity of Military Base: "La Pantera"

Oddly enough for being on official military business, Claire was enjoying herself. Her prosthetics slowly whirred as she pushed aside thick fans of plant life, and swiped her knife like butter through the emerald tangle. Stepping out into a clearing, the young girl took a second to look up in awe at the landscape around her, silently flipping the knife in her hand and sliding it slowly back into its sheath.

The jungles of South America were unlike she'd ever seen before. Having infiltrated the "forbidden" sector of the FSSA had been no easy task-- For several days it had been nothing but military outposts and machine guns for miles on end; nothing she hadn't been trained for. It seemed all her life had been built on iron and steel. But now, in the midst of one of the last remaining "pure" jungles on earth, the stealth agent stood awed by the sheer amount of life all around her-- Glorious green canopies towering above the thick green underbrush, exotic aromas floating through the air, the cries of birds creating a harmonic symphony all around; a veritable city of green, not an inch of steel anywhere. So much life, so much stuff everywhere, and not a single inch had relied on a man or machine to build it up; all nature. It almost made her ashamed, wearing her false arms in the kingdom of nature. She self-consciously tucked her arms behind her back, lowering her head a bit in a small display of respect.

Am I bowing to trees now? I'm not sure it's quite normal, but it feels... right, somehow.

Of course, she still had a job to do. With a slight blush, she moved on. Though she usually wore a disguise of some sort while on missions, she had opted against it for this mission due to the humidity and heat of the area-- Thus, she'd have to make due with a skintight black covering over her metallic arms to shield them from the environment. The "skin" was rubbery and smooth to the touch, insuring it to be resistant to shock and water, as well as heat. As for the rest of her, Claire's usual black outfit had proven to be helpful in sneaking past military outposts, but in the midst of the jungle, she stuck out like a sore thumb. There was little she could do about it now, except to keep moving onwards.

Perhaps when they give me my leave, Claire thought, I can return here as a visitor. It'd be a shame if I only ever got to see this place while preparing to steal and kill.

Of course, though, she knew there would be no leave.

Luckily, her target was not far. A few more yards through the towering pillars of trees and squishing through dark brown soil, she finally arrived at her target location: the FSSA military base, codenamed "La Pantera". Slowly flipping up her eye-patch, Claire slowly opened her left eye, her enhanced red iris zeroing in on the base. La Pantera was no ordinary base-- Unlike the average military base, it was not built upon the ground, but instead up in the treetops, enabling it to be spread far across the jungle without notice-- In fact, were one not looking for it, they could miss it entirely. Metal walkways were disguised with vines and camouflage paint, and the clank of machinery was easily covered by the racket of the jungle creatures; a clever hiding spot indeed. However, Claire had known all this beforehand, and knew that La Pantera's key defense was its "invisibility"; namely its camouflage and far distance was its primary defense, with its remaining fortifications being minimal due to its position in the treetops, and the fact that too many guns would give out the secret bases' location. Knowing that, all Claire would have to do was wait for a crack, and slip on in.

However, that could wait. Right now, she stood out in the daylight; all it would take was one wrong move and the entire mission would collapse. Instead, she opted to lie in wait for a time, until nightfall. And then, under the cover of night, she would strike.

A small smile crossed Claire's face as she sat in the shade of one of the trees. Perhaps I will be able to enjoy this mission for a while longer, then.

South Telesia
Town of Gatewood:

Slowly, the townspeople of Gatewood had emerged, breaking out of their daily grinds to take a look at a group of people, slowly approaching the little town. Fredric, too, noticing this disturbance, gave a quick look, and began to move; pulled, almost, by the gravity of a new story. He frowned. That's not how it should be; was he really becoming a "hound" of the media like everyone said? He shook his head.

I'm here for Liongate, and that's my story. But let's see what happens here, too. I'll only ask if there's something worth telling.

That said, his natural curiosity did manage to get the better of him, and Liongate seemed to be busy anyways. Feeling his skin begin to itch, a clear sign of his anxiety, he decided to head off, story or not.

"Oh, um," Felix looked about awkwardly as more and more townspeople continued to move out to see what all the hubbub was. "One moment, Mr. Liongate, I think there's something going on down there. I'll be right back, I... I have to check it out."

He broke out into a short run, but his lungs quickly caught fire and his legs ran down; he gave a small sigh, spewing out more steam from his mask. Right, forgot about that. The air here may be cleaner than usual, but this is still former war zone. I can't be too careful. Reaching up, he tightened his mask again, taking a deep, hissing breath to ensure his mask wouldn't strangle him. Satisfied, he moved on, finding a small crowd surrounded by concerned townsfolk. Curious to get in, he briefly thought of flashing his badge and parting the sea-- But he didn't want to particularly show off, and he wasn't here for a story anyways. Or, at least, he didn't want to be. Besides, the introduction might make a bad impression on the kindly townsfolk; and he didn't want to be run out before he'd gotten his interview with Rowan.

Spotting a young girl nearby, standing in the doorway of a nearby house, sipping from a glass of water, he decided he'd ask at least for a general clue of what had gone on. Walking up to her slowly, he put on his usual invisible smile and friendliest voice he could muster.

"Excuse me," Fredric said, "Um, hi there! Do you know what's going on down here? I'm a bit new here, so..."
Yesss. At long last, Claire makes her arrival. This took waaaay longer than it probably should but I don't care. Had a lot of fun writing Claire, and the steampunk jungle seems really cool to me. Let's see some steampunk tigers leaping out of the bushes, eh? Maybe flying robot sharks? Eh? Eeeeeeh?

Or you could just.... not. It's fine, it's up to you.

Also, Gom, I believe Jazzy and I need to be added to the OP. (Claire and Magnum)