RP: Empires of the Smokey Skies

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

naagloshii
Spoken languages: English, French, learning Russian

Re: RP: Empires of the Smokey Skies

Post by naagloshii »

Spoiler : :
The steampunk jungle is fantastic :D
Hana hadn't expected to be spoken to - she'd given enough of a cold shoulder to everyone to ensure she'd be left alone - but she muted her surprise. Her fingers tightening around the glass in her hand was the only sign that she'd be taken off-guard. She turned slowly to look at the intruder, taking in his appearance with clinical detachment, and made a decision.

This man, whoever he was, couldn't possibly be a threat to her; there was no need to brush him off. Besides, he'd been polite to her.

She let her lips curl into a small smile as she shifted her posture very slightly into something more welcoming. Her head tilted to the side, her eyes began to sparkle, and in moments she was an entirely different person.

"Apparently a train broke down about an hour south of here. We're working on accommodating the passengers for the night." She wasn't completely sure why she was lying about being one of those passengers, but one could never be too careful; especially if you happen to be a relatively famous dead girl.
I'm off to listen to bands you kids have never heard of, and when they go major I'll be there to complain about how much they've sold out!
-Uzuki Yashiro

♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.
Gombarry
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, 日本語のはなしています。

Post by Gombarry »

London, The Colony of Britain, URE

It was a rather gloomy morning to say the least. It was overcast as always here in London these days, and the towers of smoke from the neighboring factories didn't seem to help. I was at a Political Meeting with the Prime Minister. We had to discuss about what our goals were, how are we going to achieve them, ect, ect. The usual things we have been discussing ever since this godforsaken war had started about 5 years ago. But today was a bit different, we were planning an attack. Where? We weren't sure. Why? We need materials. Our military, as of late, has been running dangerously low of a substance called Claudia, A special mineral that has popped up about 20 years ago due to the amount of leftover radiation produced by the Nuclear War. Claudia helps to keep our airships flying, as for some reason has gravity defying qualities when in the presence of steam. Without it our entire Air force goes down.

As we sit there rummaging through the rumors of where some Claudia may be, We were suddenly interrupted. A child, no more than 13 can through the door.

"I have a package for the Prime Minister." Said the Boy "From the Intelligence Agency."

One of the URE Reps stood up and gave the Prime Minister the package.

"Thank you, lad." He said with a smile on his face. "You can get your tip at the front desk."

And with that the lad ran off. The doors shut and the Prime Minister open the package. It was an intel folder. Once he saw the contents a huge grin came upon his face and he looked toward me.

"Luciolas?" He said coyly "How would you like a trip to the Great Barrier Reef?"

He slid the folder towards me. The contents revealed the location of several deposits of Claudia under the surface of the Barrier Reef.

"You do realise that we'd have to blow up this Reef to get the Claudia?" I asked. I was sort of hesitant to destroy one of the few remaining natural wonders we had in this world.

"I don't care" Said the Prime Minister "We have to be able to fuel our Air Force and we can't afford another day. We can't just investigate rumors of deposits anymore. We have to chase what's in front of us and it's here! In the Australian Coast!"

I contemplated this for a moment, We'd have to start a war with Australia. While we could win this war with little effort, we still exaust money. Money that we're using to fight the rest of the world.After doing some math in my head, I came up with a decision.

"It's shouldn't be a problem Prime Minister." Said I " I'll have my forces over there as soon as I can."
Holy Turnabout: Part 1 Coming Soon!
Creator of Minoru Akihiro and Jake Atari in Endless Time
Creator ofAntonio Fernandez Carriedo and plays Claudine Leferve in Final Warfare
Creator of Zorro in Redemption at Spirit Isle
Creator of Luke Andrews in Desertia
Creator of Xamen Yem in Infinite Odyssey
Shadowsleuth wrote:BE UNHAPPY DARN IT!
Pyro-geddon
Spoken languages: English

Post by Pyro-geddon »

Moving quickly Rowen finished his preparations for his leave to his client, but when he looked up the strange fox man had gone. Out of annoyance and a slight concern he went off to try and find him "why would he just walk off" he muttered to him self, doing his best to see in the glaring afternoon sun. Noticing that some people were gathering together he decided to go over and tried to make his way over to what ever it was that was that got their attention, greeting and shaking hands with two or three locals as he went. This was a pretty quiet town so when somthing interesting happened news got around rather quickly, but as he made his way closer quietly but with force it was obvious that they knew about as much as he did.

Through the crowd heads he saw small snippets of what was going on "who is that?" as he tried to make out the individual that the crowd had gathered around, as he strained to focus he saw that it was his client the one he was fixing the engine for. It appeared that he was making an announcement of sorts but was standing next to what looked liked some very large and complex machines as he saw steam slowly float from their exhaust.

He glanced around wondering if this had to do with the fox faced journalist, then he saw him just making out that he was talking to a little girl, the peculiar mask sticking out like a squeaky old cog. He was about to make his way over to him when his attention was shaped away as his client now had a megaphone as if trying to address the whole town. "Hello and good day" came the voice a bit screechy and distorted, "today I am going to give you lovely people of Gatewood a little demonstration" Rowen held his breath as the man let that hang in the air for a bit.
sorry it s taken so long been away ready to go though!!!
Life without imagination is DEAD.
naagloshii

Post by naagloshii »

Jsyk, Hana is 25... not a little girl :S
I'm off to listen to bands you kids have never heard of, and when they go major I'll be there to complain about how much they've sold out!
-Uzuki Yashiro

♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
LunchPolice
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Post by LunchPolice »

jazzy456 wrote:Great, thought Magnum as the train picked up a steady pace towards its destination, a new friend and a new nickname. He sunk bitterly into his chair and looked at the team the leader had assembled.

Let's see, he began running the names through his head; his new friend was called Redskin, Gillian seemed to be the right-hand man, and the sole female was... Ms. Jugs. "Pervert," Magnum muttered distastefully when his leader was out of earshot. To pass the time he played with one of his knives, watching it mindlessly as it floated above his hand. Part of this activity was for amusement, but the other part was to subtly remind the leader exactly who he was should he walk by again.
Interestingly, the prissy young fellow seated next to Jon seemed to have acquired some kind of metallic arm contraption capable of levitation on a small scale. How peculiar. Jon looked away and pretended to be uninterested in some loser's new toy, but this manuever would require both patience and willpower. Unfortunately Jon was usually quite lacking in both of these categories and soon found himself glued to the strange device. As much as he got around, it wasn't often Jon came across something like this - his "work" usually dealt with lowlifes or the poor - so it had to be worth a second glance. The man seemed oddly lost in the moment, so Jon decided to see just what this device felt like. He moved one bony hand forward...
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
Stealthfire

Post by Stealthfire »

Leeching off wifi here. XD ...lol, claudia. Did you know that the Istfel was inspired by the Silvana and Silvius? :3 I guess I could use them as a greater basis then.
I probably won't be making a proper post until I get back though.
Eshvelut Lochelle, king.
Roxciel Artefille, the world's librarian.
Salfira Artefille, madhatter. lulz.
My characters of Endless Time.
I failed! Dood!
Anyway, try counting the words. Lines are too big I find.

... ...僕は少女じゃない!

I have a HHNNNGGG!! worthy sig now. Click it!
jazzy456

Post by jazzy456 »

LunchPolice wrote:Interestingly, the prissy young fellow seated next to Jon seemed to have acquired some kind of metallic arm contraption capable of levitation on a small scale. How peculiar. Jon looked away and pretended to be uninterested in some loser's new toy, but this manuever would require both patience and willpower. Unfortunately Jon was usually quite lacking in both of these categories and soon found himself glued to the strange device. As much as he got around, it wasn't often Jon came across something like this - his "work" usually dealt with lowlifes or the poor - so it had to be worth a second glance. The man seemed oddly lost in the moment, so Jon decided to see just what this device felt like. He moved one bony hand forward...
Magnum was lost in the brilliant sheen of the gently bobbing knife, but his consciousness was retrieved when he noticed a bony had in the corner of his eye. The sudden jerk back into reality startled Magnum slightly, but he managed to contain most of it as he drew the knife back to his literally wiry palm and slipped it, and his hand, into his pocket. He turned to Redskin and smirked.

"Magic," he mocked.
Creator of several insignificant RP characters.
By the way, Rivafiesh, is pronounced River Fish.
Also, check an awesome site I'm a part of: http://www.mishmeshmedia.webs.com

IT ALWAYS ENDS IN ASHES
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

"Alright then, we shall go!" said Suzanne. "Which direction should we go in? I would know which way a city is, but I was sleeping in the blimp, so I have no clue." she said, scratching her head.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
~Dataman~
Spoken languages: English and finnish.

Post by ~Dataman~ »

London, The Colony of Britain, URE

Charzel looked over the place. There were no witnesses. Not like he would fear any, he just defended himself agains assasins. During a stormy fight, three assasins turned into three corpses. And splatters in street and also, disgustingly, in his boots.
Charzel raised his head from the assasin he was examining for murder reason, and saw morning's golden light behind black smog that was always lying on the city.
He stood there in middle of small shacks, just watching. After the light changed for a bit, and the magical moment was gone, he continued in his way back to his airship.

Before his silver clock had run two quarters, he approached the airship. It was parked outside the city, because his mission was in city's edge. He put the papers from his pocket onto his bed. He slept in airship every time it was possible. He liked most his own company, or his family's company, and he had possiblities for only first mentioned.
Charzel closed the door, and went to flight cabin.

My first Rp post... I finally got enough mental power to do this!
My DeviantArt My Youtube Channel
Anime is awesome! Watch my Anime Sword Techniques series in my Youtube channel! Currently I have covered Gatotsu, Yontoryu, Santoryu, Hiten Mitsurugi, Seven Swords Dance, Wattoujutsu, Scissorblade, Kamiya Kasshin and more is coming! :)

My Art Thread
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

naagloshii wrote:Jsyk, Hana is 25... not a little girl :S
Sorry, not sure why I thought that. Must've been the image in her profile that threw me off, she looks like a teen in it.
Fredric:

Fredric nodded, placing a hand on his chin. His first instinct was to go assist with the help-- Though it didn't seem like anything too serious had occurred. It mostly looked like the damage had been due to the panic alone. Hopefully there wasn't anything too sinister occurring in the background; but then again, the world was at war. Anything goes in the name of "progress".

I guess I could perform a few checkups, see if there are any serious injuries, Fredric thought, but then again, they already seem to have everything handled... Not sure if I'd be much help at all.

His thoughts were interrupted, however, when the clank of steel and hiss of steam filled the air; a machine and a man, declaring something to all of Main Street.

"Hello and good day," He said through the speaker, "Today I am going to give you lovely people of Gatewood a little demonstration."

Fredric, rather bewildered, merely turned to the young woman, raising a hand to the fellow by the machine. "Um, pardon me, but who might that be?"
naagloshii

Post by naagloshii »

Hana looked from the man beside her to the one who had just screechingly declared his intentions and her expression hardened. She put the cup she'd been drinking from down on the dusty stoop where she stood and stepped into the street to get a better look. Something bad was about to happen, she knew, and anger coursed through her like fire in her veins.

She had arrived in Gatewater by mistake – if the train hadn't broken down, she'd be out of South Telesia by now and well on her way towards her goal. Instead, she was stuck in a tiny town full of boring people, already a day behind schedule. This man and his machines seemed determined to waylay her even more, and that sat as well with her as the idea of abandoning her quest completely.

"I have no idea," she hissed, her hand jumping to the pistol at her hip. "But he doesn't mean well." Whether the polite masked man noticed the change in her demeanour, she couldn't care less. At the moment her attention was fixed on the stranger and his megaphone, mentally calculating the distance between them. He was too far away for her to effectively use her secret weapon without extensive collateral damage. Not that she particularly cared about hurting a crowd of innocent people, but it would draw far too much attention to her; plus, even she had qualms about deliberately harming children.

Her grip tightened on the pistol and she drew it subtly, bracing her wrist with her right hand. If machine man meant harm, she would shoot him. Simple as that.
-Uzuki Yashiro

♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

The Federalist States of Southern America
"Sector Zero"
FSSA Military Base: "La Pantera"

Nightfall. At last, Claire felt at home. The jungle was filled with creatures of the night, and she was merely another one of them. She slowly rose from her resting site, where she had remained in wait for the past several hours. Slowly, she reached up to her head, gently removing the black patch over her left eye. Her crimson orb slowly opened, and the dark was no longer of any consequence. Everything was clear as day in her eye; the change was jarring, so she made sure to shut her right eye as she did so.

The "All-Seeing Eye" as it was called definitely had several drawbacks-- After all, she wore that eye patch for a reason. Using both her eyes at once would be incredibly exhausting for her mind; she could only do it for a short amount of time, since her augmented iris gathered much more data than her usual eye. Trying to use both at once would be like trying to look through a telescope and a viewfinder at the same time.

Slipping a pair of knives into her hand, Claire slowly began to move towards the designated infiltration point; a large branch approximately 50 feet off the ground, leading directly to a metal walkway heading into the base. Easy pickings.

Bracing her arms, she quickly jammed the twin knives into the trunk of the tree, sinking the blades in to get a good grip. Once they were in deep enough, she wrenched one out and began to climb; hand over hand, until she had reached the branch. Her mechanical arms clicked and clanked, but the sound was easily masked by the cries of the unseen denizens of the forest.

Slowly slipping onto the branch, she began to softly step across onto the steel walkway-- A quick scan revealed two soldiers passing slowly underfoot. Claire crouched down, a determined look in her eye. Now came the hard part. One wrong move, and the mission went down in flames. A wayward shot would cause a cry of pain; they had to be out in one shot, and no guns either-- The sound of gunfire would be even worse than that of a screaming guard.

Claire slipped out two more knives into her hand. Taking a deep breath, she slowly focused her line of sight on one guard.

Focus, Claire. One shot. That's all you've got.

Zip.

There was a small "thud" as the knife buried itself in the man's skull, and he dropped dead before he hit the ground. His fellow soldier whirled around, his eyes widening as he looked for an attacker. The rifle trembled in his hands.

Zip.

The soldier's cry was dead in his throat-- Blocked by a silver knife through his windpipe. He fell too, silent.

All done. Time to clear the path.

Silently dropping onto the platform, Claire began to approach the fallen guards-- Slowly, as one does towards the dead serpent. Her eye told her they were dead-- But she still couldn't shake that paranoid thought that they would suddenly rise up and pluck the knives from their heads. Shoving that pleasant fantasy aside, she quickly picked up both bodies and dropped them over the side; a meal for the locals, she told herself.

Moving down the cold walkway, Claire could swear that the air had gotten colder-- She shook it off; no, it was only that feeling of being watched that comes with sneaking. One always felt they were being looked at the second they did not want to be, after all. A professional has no time for superstition. At last, she came across a large complex; a series of huge, spherical buildings designed to house the main operations of the base. The steel walkways spiraled around each orb, and strung to each other like a gigantic metal spider web. But Claire had no interest in the architecture-- Her only goal was the center sphere: the records center, a huge metal sphere that sat in the center of the web. The walkways, other spheres, and officer's dorms all converged around this main point. The spider in the center of the web.

Breaking in was simple enough-- if a tad noisier than she would have liked. The door was heavy metal-- A sturdy steel blast door designed to keep out a Class-D explosion; so of course, her only way in was the window. At the top of each sphere was a large, plexiglass window, designed to let in enough natural light for work during the day; a cost-cutting maneuver that would prove to be their downfall. Turns out plexiglass didn't stand up so well to a Tactical Edge. A few quick slices were enough to open her a way in; but resulted in a rather unsavory "crash" as the glass fell apart.

"Whoops." Claire whispered, her skin going cold. She began to move quickly, on the off-chance that someone had heard. She poked her head through the ceiling, scanning the area with her eye.

The room, from top to bottom, was covered in lockers. Rows upon rows of solid steel doors, each containing a number and a series of files behind them. They were countless, filling up the whole room, down to the very floor. It would take hours for anyone not versed in their positions to pick out a single file of their choice.

Good thing she wasn't here to pick out files, then.

"Okay guys," She whispered, slipping out two cylindrical objects from her belt, "Do your thing."

With a quick tug, she pulled the pins from the grenades, and dropped them into the room. No sooner had they left her hands than did she immediately head for the hills.

Boom.

The alarm rang out, soldiers sprang to their feet, and the commanding officers barked out their orders in a language Claire didn't understand, but it didn't matter-- The records center was the literal center of the entire base; and it was dropping, fast. The explosion rocked it free of its perch, and gave it the slight push it needed for gravity to drag it, and the rest of La Pantera, down with it.

"Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!" Claire muttered, dashing back across the crumbling walkways. The steel groaned and roared with a vengeance as it was dragged from its perch in the trees; it was all Claire could do to escape its grasp. With a final lurch, she hurled herself onto a nearby tree-- Her knife dug into the bark, slowing her descent. From her perch, she watched as La Pantera crumbled down, dropping 150 feet to its death; taking the troops along with it.

There was a mighty crash, and the screams fell silent. Only a smoldering pile of bodies and metal remained of La Pantera.

"Phew," She muttered, heaving a heavy sigh of relief. She gave a small chuckle; she wasn't sure why. She'd killed several people, and nearly had been one of the casualties herself. But it had all been on orders. The Council had decided everything, from the point of infiltration to the point of infiltration. How could anything have gone wrong? The enemy was defeated, and Claire was alive to see another day.

She decided to close her eyes; just for a little bit, before her next mission.

The Council had decided everything. How could anything go wrong?
There, my lengthy end to Claire's introduction. I hope this wasn't terribly boring for the rest of you, but I felt something should be done to get the posts going again. Will make a Frederick post sometime as well, but I'm still not totally sure what everyone wants me to do.
Kruiser666

Post by Kruiser666 »

jazzy456 wrote: Magnum was lost in the brilliant sheen of the gently bobbing knife, but his consciousness was retrieved when he noticed a bony had in the corner of his eye. The sudden jerk back into reality startled Magnum slightly, but he managed to contain most of it as he drew the knife back to his literally wiry palm and slipped it, and his hand, into his pocket. He turned to Redskin and smirked.

"Magic," he mocked.
Dorian observed Magnum's "Magic trick" closely, he had seen a similar contraption before, though never on such a small scale. The train scrapped to a halt, the momentum throwing Dorian's body slightly forwards. They had arrived in Oldstate, a small city, with only a band of town folk acting as the authority. As long as this crew wasn't as dumb as his last they might manage to escape without dieing, though some of them didn't seem so smart

"You guys ready" He said looking to his new crew "Act normal until we're in the bank, you know the drill from there."

Gillian waited for Dorian and his crew outside of the train station, he was always eager for these heists.
ASHES ARE KEY
Creator of Jax, Wild, The Mayor and Nina from RP:Endless Time.
Creator of Brooke Pearson and Markess Holloway from RP:Cold State.
Creator of Kerenth Miller from RP:Infinite Odyssey.
Creator of Kruiser666, Trigen and Chance from RP:Where Anything Goes.
User of Captain America and Sam Fisher in RP: Dimensional Chaos.
LunchPolice
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Post by LunchPolice »

E3! E3! E3! E3!!!
At last, the old train screeched its way into the Oldstate train station. It was about time, too - any longer, and Jon would've resorted to banging on the windows for the umpteenth time that day. The waiting was finally over. But was anyone going to move? Jon looked the place over once more, but... nothing appeared to be happening. Perhaps they were waiting for the order to move, or some kind of briefing, maybe? Of course, none of this came to Jon's mind at the time. He was ready to get things going right there and then. It took a few seconds of awkward shuffling from the crew before Jon leapt eagerly out of his seat, tapped the appropriately named 'pussy' on the shoulder and made his way to the exit.

"You guys ready?" asked the leader, a restless look in his eyes. Jon quickly nodded in response. "Act normal until we're in the bank," he continued, "you know the drill from there." Jon nodded again - whether or not he did, in fact, 'know the drill' is up to discussion, but either way he wasn't phased.
A moment later, the whole gang was up on their feet. Jon wasn't sure what was taking them so long. Maybe they were thinking things through, sorting out a plan of action, or whatever normal criminals do before a heist.

... That, or they were all sluggish clods who were far too likely to get shot in a matter of seconds.
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
jazzy456

Post by jazzy456 »

Magnum was pulled violently out of his thoughts once again by his new 'friend' as he was tapped on his shoulder. He looked around startled for a bit before the leader gave a short briefing. By this time he was desperate to get his hands on the money and he had to use almost all his mental power to suppress it. He stood up.

"So, are we off," he asked as calmly as he could while running his hand through the equipment he had under his shirt.
Creator of several insignificant RP characters.
By the way, Rivafiesh, is pronounced River Fish.
Also, check an awesome site I'm a part of: http://www.mishmeshmedia.webs.com

IT ALWAYS ENDS IN ASHES