RP: Empires of the Smokey Skies

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Gombarry
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, 日本語のはなしています。

RP: Empires of the Smokey Skies

Post by Gombarry »

Welcome to...
A Gombarry and GotMLK7 Collaboration

Premise:
The year is 2100 and the world has been devastated by a nuclear war that has redefined life as we know it. However, among the ashes new nations arose and are attempt to return the way things were. The world is now a science obsessed world, getting rid of foes as long as it would further the way of "Progress". Some condone this, while others despise. Those who despise it, however, are hunted and treated and criminals. The world is entering into a scientific race of the ages and the world is heading towards war. Who will you support? Will you support one of the nations in hopes of returning to the life you once had? Or will you take them all on and try to make the world a better place, not in terms of comfort, but of peace? Or is there some ulterior motive? That is for you to decide.
------------------------

The Empires:

Dalmace: Dalmace was the first country to make its presence known out of the destruction the Nuclear War. Calling itself Dalmace, the Nation consists of what used to be Canada, the USA, and Central America down to the Panama Canal. The nation is considered to be the "Jack of All Trades" Empire, as it has no general Strengths or any Huge Weaknesses. However, that isn't to say that it's impenetrable or unstoppable, it's just well rounded in it's research. This however makes it a big target for all the empires.

United Republic of Europe: The URE was formed with the direct intention of keeping Dalmace in check, maybe even wiping it off the face of the earth. With this said, it has the strongest Military in the World. It came to power after the Dalmacian Empire was bullying the then individual countries of Europe. However, One man brought them together and was able to fend off the Dalmacians. There are those however, that believe the URE is getting too strong and so there is a rumor going around that there is a secret alliance forming to bring down the URE...

Korrin: Korrin arose out of a state of political and cultural distress. Government was something that didn't exist in all of Asia and people were struggling to keep the ways of their tradition, Until one day the Japanese had named the problem and with it a solution. They helped the Asian continent accept the western culture as well as maintain their own traditions. They established a strong government, capable of keeping all of Asia in order. Years have passed since then, and it has now recently emerged as the leading technological power. With that, they've become the number one target to take out. All in the name of progress.

Telesia: Telesia arose out of the ashes of the continent of Africa. After 2 centuries of strife and contention, Africa had finally settled on a policy of peace between all nations. The bond of peace was so strong that they eventually all came together as a confederation. Naming themselves Telesia, they live in peace and prosperity... that is, untill the "Progress War." They remained unified, but they have become a Empire of secrecy. Excelling in espionage, they have become the information broker of the war and other countries often come to them for information. Some people think that Telesia is too easily trusted. And they may be right...

The Federalist States of S.America: The FSSA was in a time of economic trouble during the Nuclear war, and thus was unable to defend itself with a proper army. However, The Craters in the earth left by the bombing had discovered something long thought to be myth. El Dorado. This finding made the FSSA the Top Economic Power. Now able to provide itself with proper military (Though this "Military" consisted of Mercs and Defectors of other countries). They are skilled in the way of Guerilla War Tactics and are also the top strategics in the world. However, They have one major flaw... and that's whats everyone is trying to find out.
-------------

Tech:

This is a Steampunk RP and as such, all tech (Or at least most of it) will be steam powered. Here's a couple of Steam Powered Tech examples:

The Sky Fortress: The Sky Fortress is, well, A Fortress in the Sky. They have have and particularly hard cast iron hull, making in near impenetrable from artillery fire. It also has a large bay, being able to hold up to 5,000 individual aircraft while still able to hold 50 airships It's also a kind of mother ship, if you will. All lesser ships report to the Sky Fortress, and the Head General gives orders from the Sky Fortress.

Airships: Airships are an exentsion of the Sky fortress and they help to maintain key locations in the skies. They are about 200 meters in length and 100 meters in height. They are made from a similar, but weaker steel, than that of a Sky Fortress, and is susceptible to Artillery. They are able to hold 750 individual aircraft at a time.

Fighters: Fighters are any kind of Plane that can do damage. There are two classes of Fighters:
B-Class: Able to fire heavy bombs as well as bullets, have heavy armor so they aren't able to stay up in the air for prolonged periods of time since they lose gas easily.
A-Class: These little guys are quick and very nimble. They have a high capacity of bullet ammo and are able to stay up in the air for long periods of time. However, these have weak armor and are very easy to shoot down.

Any other steam tech is up to you.
----------------------
Rules:
-Have fun!
- up to 3 characters and no more
- anything else refer to GDs RP guide.
---------------------
Application:

Username: (Dur)
Character Name:
Bio:(You can be a leader of
one of these nations. First come, First Serve.)
Nation: (you can be a nuetral party, but you can't form your own country.)
Weapons:
Appearance:
Personality:
Quotes: (Optional)

I shouldn't have to tell people this but just in case... Please copy paste and post once your done, so then I can review it and approve it.
-----------------
Approved Applicants:
Gombarry - Luciolas Deo of the URE
GotMLK7 - "The Drifter" of Dalmace.
GotMLK7 - Fiona Scarlet of the FSSA.
Dataman - Charzel Morgan of the URE
Detective Luke Atmey- Suzanne Heifer of the URE
S.S. Sleuth - Felix Fredric of Telesia
Pyro-geddon - Rowan Liongate of Telesia
Kruiser666 - Dorian of the FSSA
GotMLK - Harvey Copper of Dalmace
LunchPolice - Jon Jones of the FSSA
Stealthfire - Iston Felipp
Stealthfire - Hastelle Vedix
Naagloshii - Hana "Miyazaki" Glenn of Korrin
-----------------
GMs:
Gombarry
GotMLK7

----------------
Q&A
Kruiser666 wrote:
Spoiler : :
Hey, Gombarry and Got. I'm interested in this RP, I think it could help me get inspired to do something creative. But I think somethings missing.

I really have no idea about the current state of the world itself, I can assume their are cities because of peoples focus on science, but what about the other places? Is it a barren wasteland or has vegetation started to grow back?
You dont have to develop the world completely but it would be nice to have a little more information, Currency? Law? etc.
Good question. I would have to say that since they are essentially in another industrial revolution, the world is pretty smoggy, polluted and barren for the most part, there may be some places, like the FSSA and Telesia, that may still have some plant life. So I dunno. Leave it up to your imagination.
S.S. Sleuth wrote:
1. What does the general landscape of each country look like? Are the cities large and bustling, or are they more small and quiet? Are some more steampunky than others, and are some more futuristic?

The Landscape is more or less the same as it was before the either war, Nothing has been change except for maybe hospitality. The only major difference I can really pin down is the expansion of the Sahara Desert in Africa now covering the entire northern half and the Midwest of America (Dalmace) is now a desert as well. I'm not going to say that it isn't inhabitable, cause there are some people who may join and make some sort of of desert nomad character. Also, the middle east is now inhabitable due to radiation and the only way to pass through is in a plane. You an walk through it however, you have to wear heavy equipment that is able to withstand radiation.

2. What is the general atmosphere (in each place)? E.g. What kind of clothes do most people wear in each place? How much of today's culture still remains? What are the public biases or trends, and how do they vary from place to place?

As far as culture goes, decide that for yourself. The race for Progress has essentially removed culture in all places and replaced it with a general one. Human Emotion. So there's no culture except your own personal ethic. As far as clothes go. well, you decide that for yourself as well. If I told you specifics about everything, it would limit creativity, just so then I could show my own. And that's not what RP's are about. :)

3. How much "natural" land still remains? Are there farms, nature reserves, and wide open land still around? Or were they all reduced to desolate wastelands by the war?

Most of the natural land has been destroyed by nuclear fallout. However, there are some places which ave been kept pristine (Like the Northwest of Dalmace and the some of the Amazon Jungle in the FSSA.) Now in an effort to keep agriculture alive and to keep populations healthy, They've made a sort of Large green house in each major city. They transport plants and water from pristine areas and put them in these green houses, which are open to the public for food, water, and fresh air. Every Nation does this.

4. What is the overall "theme"? By that, I don't mean "steampunk", I mean in the sort of sense that ET is "medieval" and FW is "the future". Some people might not understand "when" steampunk fits into, so what could it be considered to fit into, or at least what is it closest to?

I guess you could say the general theme is "Science". The reason why I say this is a "Steampunk" RP is because they've kinda reverted to 1800's tech, but making it more advanced then that, if you catch my drift. You have to remember the main purpose of the Progress War IS Science. They are trying to launch themselves forward, to a better tomorrow. With that being said, This can easily change course from "Steampunk" to something more like FW in a matter of a few hundred pages, if we even get there. Because, people will be discovering new things all the time, like new energy sources, how to make things more efficient, ect.

5. What, if any, technology survived from the past? Adding to that, how much of the past is generally remembered by the people?

Let's just say, it wouldn't be uncommon to not see a refrigerator in ones home. So, not much. However, the people of this world are scavengers so to speak, always salvaging old tech they find and recycling into something new. So for example, an old phonograph from the 20's might be someones blender now. Something along those lines. People today are generally innovative and creative. As far as history goes, most of the common textbooks that we find in schools and stuff have probably been burned up in nuclear explosions. If you have a history book,you are probably one of the richest men on earth. And even then, the guy probably never read it. Because, Science is all that matters to people nowadays, not some silly textbook.

6. Could we get some dates, as in, start of the War, end of the War, beginning of the Progress Wars, etc.

Well, sure:
The Nuclear War: July 7th, 2048 - January 1st 2060
The Progress War: August 30th, 2095 -

7. What are the laws of each country, or how does each regime work? Are there set leaders, or is there democracy in some? Or a republic, senate, etc.

Laws pretty much follow the latter half of the Ten Commandments. So Thou shalt not kill, steal, ect. Basic laws are in place. Anything else, I'll leave up to you if your character is in a GOVERNMENT Position. Government typesare in the following order:

Dalmace (Democracy)
FSSA (Confederacy)
URE (Republic)
Korrin (Communistic)

Telesia has a special kind of governent. They Reorganized into six territories and have a leader represent each one. Each attend every territories needs. However, if there's something of national concern they'll sort something out. They have a unified military for all 6 territories, each territory is required to send X amount of men based on size on territory. Each leader also has 2 counselors underneath them, Giving them advice as to what they should do. Then there's Presidents of counties and then you got Representatives of different parts of the county. And that's the basic rundown of Telesia. Names of the territory I'll leave up to who every wants to be a leader of each one.

8. Is world-building (freely adding and building onto the story's lore as we go) going to be allowed, and if so, to what extent?

If it's relates directly to your character and if the events are minor then yes. So things leading up to to what your country to go to war, and anything else if it relates, to your character. If anything is too outmof line though, I'll ask you to change your post or delete it entirely.

EDIT: Also, a World Map, with country borders, dead zones, etc. would be quite useful.

I will work with got on with a map of the Telesian Territories, but everything else is explained in the OP. Dalmace reaches up from the top of Canada down to the Panama Canal and FSSA from the Canal down. Korrin owns all Asia up to the city of moscow. The URE owns Everything from Moscow and westward. Telesia owns All of Africa. the Middle east in Unihabited and the Down Under is under no Empire (o you guys can go take over that to drive plot, if you want.)
----------------
Map(s)
Spoiler : Telesia :
----------------
Theme(s):

EotSS Theme - Supremecy

----------------
Enjoy!
Last edited by Gombarry on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:40 am, edited 20 times in total.
Holy Turnabout: Part 1 Coming Soon!
Creator of Minoru Akihiro and Jake Atari in Endless Time
Creator ofAntonio Fernandez Carriedo and plays Claudine Leferve in Final Warfare
Creator of Zorro in Redemption at Spirit Isle
Creator of Luke Andrews in Desertia
Creator of Xamen Yem in Infinite Odyssey
Shadowsleuth wrote:BE UNHAPPY DARN IT!
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Re: RP: Empires of the Smokey Skies

Post by gotMLK7 »

YES FINALLY! I helped plan this with Gom, btw. It's the first since Othersiders that I've helped with that finally got posted. Also this is more well-planned than OIR, just sayin'.

I have two characters to be posted (btw Gom you forgot to mention the three character limit and some general rules in the OP ;D). Here's the first:
Username: gotMLK7

Character Name: Nobody knows. He's only known as "The Drifter".

Bio: The Drifter is an assassin taking up residence in western Dalmace. Very little is known about the Drifter, which he prefers. As an assassin, he keeps his background and identity on the down-low. However, from what is known of him, he works for an assassination company known as "The Headshots", hence the skull emblem on the back of his coat. The Headshots make it their duty to eliminate enemies to Dalmace and do work as hired mercenaries for anybody who will pay high enough.

The Drifter, as a Headshots Assassin, makes it his duty to eliminate every target. He doesn't bring emotion with him to the jobs, and will simply do what's necessary to get his kill. He has a large track record, being the comapny's top assassin. He's eliminated spies and soldiers alike, all without revealing his or his clients' identities. He is open to any job given to him, and will ensure the job gets done.

Aside from his duty, all that is known about this man is his peculiar appearance (essentially being a cowboy) and choices in technology.

Nation: Dalmace

Weapons: While the Drifter has no close-combat weapons, he excels at long-range. He keeps a revolver in a holster at his hip, but that isn't his main weapon. His main weapon is the large gattling gun that is connected to his right arm. This gun can fire tons of bullets quickly, like a real gattling gun, and attatches to his arm up to his shoulder. It is pictured below.

Aside from these guns, he has no weapons, but he does have a ride. Replacing the wild-west horse with smething more fitting to his time, the Drifter rides on a hover-cycle, which spews steam out of a large engine and can hover incredibly high into the sky at a maximum of 85 mph (any faster the engine starts to break down) and can go for a good three hours or so at full energy. It requires its engine to be re-charged when it runs empty, which can take about a half-hour. It's plated in copper and made of a thick steel base.

Appearance: Here's a sketch:
His hat, cape, and pants are tan. His goggles, coat, boots, gloves, and the strap of his hat are dark brown. The bandana is red and white. The buckles and spurs are gold. The base of the gattling gun arm is plated in copper, and the barrel is silver. The logo of the Headshots on his back is white. His pony-tailed hair is black, and his skin is somewhat tanned.

Personality: The Drifter doesn't showm uch personality, being more of a silent assassin type. He rarely speaks, only talking when he needs to. He's calm and collected, and takes control of a situation when he needs to. He is an incredibly competent man both in general and in his job. He also is rather trust-worthy, putting full trust into his clients and anyone he may consider a friend. However, getting on his good side isn't exactly easy, since he generally shuts down his emotions for the job. While he isn't rigger-happy and would prefer to keep innocents uninjured as a personal policy, he'll fight back should he feel threatened.

Quotes: "..."
"Target elliminated."
"I only came for my kill. I'm not needed here any more."
His voice is rather deep, btw.
Last edited by gotMLK7 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Gombarry

Post by Gombarry »

Approved and fix'd! Also added the "Nation" column of the application, so please adjust the application accordingly. Anyway, if any of you have questions about the RP at all, please PM me. And I'll be posting my character soon!
Creator ofAntonio Fernandez Carriedo and plays Claudine Leferve in Final Warfare
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Yaaaaay~ Now for one more. :3

My second app, and my first AU character, originally from Trybien's Type 99! :L
Username: gotMLK7

Character Name: Fiona Scarlet

Bio: Age 13, Fiona worked on a farm with her older brother Roy (19) when the Progress War started. With her parents dead (her father dying in the war and her mother dying from a heart attack not long ago), she relies on her older brother for protection and comfort. However, she also has to work for herself on the farm. Her family, unfortunately, did not get in on the boom of El Dorado's discovery (the Scarlet family living in the FSSA), and struggle to survive on the small farmers markets they can find. Despite her temper, Fiona has done well to keep the farm intact alongside her kind brother. That is, until recently.

The FSSA needs an army. Unfortunately for the Scarlets, an army requires a draft. Roy, being of the right age, was recruited for the army, unable to say no. He was taken from the farm, leaving Fiona all alone. She was intended to go to a new family for adoption, but Fiona refused to simply give up the last of her family to this war. She escaped from the farm before she could be picked up and snuck in to a local armory. Handy with a farming scythe, she picked up a scythe-like weapon and escaped.

Fiona's new self-appointed mission is to find her brother and get out of this war, no matter what lengths she must go to.

Nation: Federal States of South America

Weapons: The scythe Fiona stole is a rather...special scythe. While it seems to be a large scythe, about Fiona's height (5 foot 3), with a curved blade half its length, it's not just any scythe. It has a trigger down the handle, a socket for ammo packets, and a barrel on the bottom of the handle. The scythe doubles as a rifle, able to shoot incredibly powerful rounds one at a time. The scythe is light-weight but strong, able to be carried and swung by the petite Fiona while still packing a punch and taking some hits. The rifle requires some difficult reloading, but she has learned to do it rather quickly. The kickback is strong though, though she may skid a bit or have trouble handling it when firing.

Appearance: A hasty sketch:
As you can see, she wears light brown overalls over a green turtle-neck (usually with sleeves rolled up). Her hair is down to her neck and red, and has short eyebrows and red eyes. Her overalls are tucked into dark brown boots, and she has a satchel attatched to her belt that carries the ammo packs for her rifle. She has brown fingerless gloves on her hands.

Personality: Fiona has a temper. She gets angered easily, lashing out at anybody who gets in her way or on her nerves. She is particularly defensive about her brother and her mission, going to any means necessary to reach her goals. She is never exactly "kind" to people, either. When she befriends people, she gets along with them, but her temper is still there, even with Roy. She is also incredibly impatient, ignoring most strategies in preference of rushing in and taking everyone out. She can be a pain, but she isn't anywhere near evil. She's a good ally if you can stand her.

Quotes: "Outta my way!"
"I'm not just standing to the side! Let me at them!"
"I won't support a war that took my brother for me."
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Gombarry

Post by Gombarry »

Approved!
~Dataman~
Spoken languages: English and finnish.

Post by ~Dataman~ »

I think it would be good idea to try some RP, and since steampunk is interesting...
Spoiler : Character info :
Username: ~Dataman~
Character Name: Charzel Morgan

Bio:
When Morgan's family were in meeting at the family founder's mansion ten years back, when the building was assaulted. It collapsed immediately, killing nearly everyone. Charzel was one of the survivors. The people who destroyed the building were air pirates, the most hated human race ever. Charzel and four other survivors ran out of the ruins and fought back. After a fight, Charzel was last man standing.
He is now 57 years old, and very well known by people.

Nation:
United Republic of Europe
Charzel is proud of his true french roots.

Weapons:
He uses a sword, but is also semi-skilled in using pistols.
The sword is large broadsword with sharpened tip and goldened hilt. It has an ornament that says "Morgan".

Appearance:
Charzel has a black suit with dark red cape and bronze belt. The scabbard of his sword is easily hiddened, but he usually doesn't do so. He looks shady and determined and no-one have ever seen him laughing. (Also counting himself)
When he talks, there isn't usually any objections.

Personality:
This aristocrat has large amount of courage and adaptability. He is called 'Old stoneface' more than once. He hates parties, and partying people, with one exception: After some very succesful business, he may stand still by a window of his airship, and take a glass of french wine.
When someone begans to really bore him (that doesn't commonly happen) he takes his silver clock from the pocket of his suit, and says "Tic toc...".

Quotes:
"Tic Toc..." (In the moment of real boredom.)
"My sword knows your name." (While threatening.)
"My name is not spelt like that. Go again." (This sentence, and many of the variations are most common this Charzel says while meeting people. He can speak without any accent, but when he says his name, he uses so deep french accent he ever could, what annoys people a much.)
Last edited by ~Dataman~ on Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
My DeviantArt My Youtube Channel
Anime is awesome! Watch my Anime Sword Techniques series in my Youtube channel! Currently I have covered Gatotsu, Yontoryu, Santoryu, Hiten Mitsurugi, Seven Swords Dance, Wattoujutsu, Scissorblade, Kamiya Kasshin and more is coming! :)

My Art Thread
DeeYo
Spoken languages: Hungarian, English, some Russian, Spanish, German

Post by DeeYo »

~Dataman~ wrote: Charzle says
My name is not spelt like that. Try again.

Total times sued: 10328
Gombarry

Post by Gombarry »

~Dataman~ wrote:I think it would be good idea to try some RP, and since steampunk is interesting...
Spoiler : Character info :
Username: ~Dataman~
Character Name: Charzel Morgan

Bio:
When Morgan's family were in meeting at the family founder's mansion ten years back, when the building was assaulted. It collapsed immediately, killing nearly everyone. Charzel was one of the survivors. The people who destroyed the building were air pirates, the most hated human race ever. Charzel and four other survivors ran out of the ruins and fought back. After a fight, Charzel was last man standing.
He is now 57 years old, and very well known by people.

Nation:
United Republic of Europe
Charzel is proud of his true french roots.

Weapons:
He uses a sword, but is also semi-skilled in using pistols.
The sword is large broadsword with sharpened tip and goldened hilt. It has an ornament that says "Morgan".

Appearance:
Charzel has a black suit with dark red cape and bronze belt. The scabbard of his sword is easily hiddened, but he usually doesn't do so. He looks shady and determined and no-one have ever seen him laughing. (Also counting himself)
When he talks, there isn't usually any objections.

Personality:
This aristocrat has large amount of courage and adaptability. He is called 'Old stoneface' more than once. He hates parties, and partying people, with one exception: After some very succesful business, he may stand still by a window of his airship, and take a glass of french wine.
When someone begans to really bore him (that doesn't commonly happen) he takes his silver clock from the pocket of his suit, and says "Tic toc...".

Quotes:
"Tic Toc..." (In the moment of real boredom.)
"My sword knows your name." (While threatening.)
"My name is not spelt like that. Go again." (This sentence, and many of the variations are most common this Charzle says while meeting people. He can speak without any accent, but when he says his name, he uses so deep french accent he ever could, what annoys people a much.)
Accepted, and I'm not sure if that last part is just a typo or just intentionally ironic. :XD:
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Username: Detective Luke Atmey
Character Name: Suzanne Heifer
Bio: Suzanne was the heir to a big dairy company, but she wasn't interested in all that. She found her calling making gadgets and various technology. She has developed various inventions and things of the sort, but most blow up in her face. She's about 26 years old.
Nation: URE
Weapons: A katana sword with her family crest, a cow's snout, on the blade, a hunting knife, and double revolvers. Another weapon of hers is a music box with a crank on the side that, when turned, opens the box up to reveal a sort of gatling gun that shoots lasers.
Appearance: She has long, red hair down her back, but she usually keeps it in a braid, green eyes, a well-taken-care-of top hat, a brown longcoat, a green vest, a white button-down shirt, a sheath for her sword on her back, red pants a belt with holsters for her pistols, and one brown work boot.
Personality: She's a bit scatterbrained, and is generally good-natured. She's also very smart, and is helpful when she needs to be.
Quotes: "Checkmate! It seems I beat you! Better luck next time!" "You should train your brain a bit more, then maybe you'll match me." "I'm busy right now, ask again later and I'll see if I can chat."
Last edited by DLA on Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Gombarry

Post by Gombarry »

Approved!
Kruiser666
Spoken languages: English

Post by Kruiser666 »

Hey, Gombarry and Got. I'm interested in this RP, I think it could help me get inspired to do something creative. But I think somethings missing.

I really have no idea about the current state of the world itself, I can assume their are cities because of peoples focus on science, but what about the other places? Is it a barren wasteland or has vegetation started to grow back?
You dont have to develop the world completely but it would be nice to have a little more information, Currency? Law? etc.
ASHES ARE KEY
Creator of Jax, Wild, The Mayor and Nina from RP:Endless Time.
Creator of Brooke Pearson and Markess Holloway from RP:Cold State.
Creator of Kerenth Miller from RP:Infinite Odyssey.
Creator of Kruiser666, Trigen and Chance from RP:Where Anything Goes.
User of Captain America and Sam Fisher in RP: Dimensional Chaos.
Gombarry

Post by Gombarry »

Kruiser666 wrote:

Good question. I would have to say that since they are essentially in another industrial revolution, the world is pretty smoggy, polluted and barren for the most part, there may be some places, like the FSSA and Telesia, that may still have some plant life. So I dunno. Leave it up to your imagination.
~Dataman~
Spoken languages: English and finnish.

Post by ~Dataman~ »

I fixed the typo.
My DeviantArt My Youtube Channel
Anime is awesome! Watch my Anime Sword Techniques series in my Youtube channel! Currently I have covered Gatotsu, Yontoryu, Santoryu, Hiten Mitsurugi, Seven Swords Dance, Wattoujutsu, Scissorblade, Kamiya Kasshin and more is coming! :)

My Art Thread
Gombarry

Post by Gombarry »

Added Q&A section for answered questions that affect the RP majorly.
Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Post by Sleuth »

I do have a few questions before I throw my hat in here. Just some stuff to help clarify the details of the world, coming from me and Kruiser.
1. What does the general landscape of each country look like? Are the cities large and bustling, or are they more small and quiet? Are some more steampunky than others, and are some more futuristic?
2. What is the general atmosphere (in each place)? E.g. What kind of clothes do most people wear in each place? How much of today's culture still remains? What are the public biases or trends, and how do they vary from place to place?
3. How much "natural" land still remains? Are there farms, nature reserves, and wide open land still around? Or were they all reduced to desolate wastelands by the war?
4. What is the overall "theme"? By that, I don't mean "steampunk", I mean in the sort of sense that ET is "medieval" and FW is "the future". Some people might not understand "when" steampunk fits into, so what could it be considered to fit into, or at least what is it closest to?
5. What, if any, technology survived from the past? Adding to that, how much of the past is generally remembered by the people?
6. Could we get some dates, as in, start of the War, end of the War, beginning of the Progress Wars, etc.
7. What are the laws of each country, or how does each regime work? Are there set leaders, or is there democracy in some? Or a republic, senate, etc.
8. Is world-building (freely adding and building onto the story's lore as we go) going to be allowed, and if so, to what extent?
I think this will help set the "groundwork" for the world a bit, just so we can have a better view of this world than "steampunk", since right now I feel that's the main problem with this RP.

EDIT: Also, a World Map, with country borders, dead zones, etc. would be quite useful.