{RP} Reaper's Gambit - ROUND ONE: GAME THREE

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Re: {RP} Reaper's Gambit - ROUND ONE: Between MiniGames

Post by gotMLK7 »

Simon didn't watch the bloodshed of the battling thugs. He kept his back turned and eyes closed. When the winner was announced, he smiled. "I actually tied? Didn't think that strategy would actually be worth anything. I just figured 'everyone gets one' would be a decent way to be neutral without completely screwing myself over."

He looked towards Mercury. "Congratulations. Don't worry about us. I'm sure we'll be able to handle anything she throws at us." He gave a confident thumbs up before glancing over to Chisel. He lowered his shades and winked at him, a sly grin on his face. "That malicious strategy certainly did you good. Best offense is a good defense, they say."
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

naagloshii
Spoken languages: English, French, learning Russian

Post by naagloshii »

Mercury didn't hear Simon's comment. She didn't see any of the others. All she saw was blood. Blood, everywhere, and the faces of her family. Blood, and the screams of the dying thugs. Blood, spilled by her, because of her. Again.

The cigarette in her hand fell to the ground as her body shook with sobs and shrieks of anguish. She had lived through these deaths once already and it had nearly killed her. This time, all she could do was curl into a small ball of sorrow and tears, unable to tear her eyes away from the death and destruction that she had wrought.

Not again... Not again...
I'm off to listen to bands you kids have never heard of, and when they go major I'll be there to complain about how much they've sold out!
-Uzuki Yashiro

♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Simon saw Mercury crumple up, bawling. He dropped his chilled demeanor as his eyes widened with concern. "Mercury!" He ran over to her and crouched down. "Don't worry...it's over now..." He wasn't exactly sure what to tell her. Simon managed to mentally detatch himself from the violence, since he expected as much out of this thing. But Mercury was clearly different. This was mentally scarring for her. Just seeing the emotional turmoil this game could cause made him grit his teeth in frustration.

"Try to breathe..." His mind fumbled over what words to say. He helped his wife often, but he had never seen anybody like this. Finally, he put his hand on her shoulder.

"...This isn't your fault, Mercury. The Bathers are sick and twisted people, washing themselves in blood and tears while they laugh at our misery. They will try to break you with things like this, but you can't let them. Lives were lost today because to them, we're all toys. And if you let them get to you, you'll find yourself desperate and gone mad. People will die here. We have to accept that. But we need to keep it together if we want to prevent even more deaths. We need to prepare for the worst without letting them bring an end to us. We need to keep them from getting into our heads. We need to live."

Simon looked over his shoulder, towards the bloodied city landscape. He whispered to himself, "I hope you're happy, Bathers...you've gained a new enemy today."
Spoiler : OOC :
I just want to say I REALLY like writing Simon. It's fun writing someone who acts so chill and cool about everything but is still a nice guy. I'm really glad I brought this character back from the RP graveyard.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Post by Gav »

"Looks like I lost. That does me no good."

Chisel had already pulled his hood back when he walked into the room where they had met each other. Simon was comforting Mercury, Frederick was off doing his own thing someplace, and he? He was in a rage that his "foolproof" strategy did not accomplish anything but disallowing anyone else to get more units of bread. Now, the usual red tint in his eyes flared into a deep red, and in a rage, Chisel threw his cell phone against the wall. It fell to the floor surprisingly unwounded. It figured that they were indestructible.

Now, Chisel turned to Simon and Mercury. He didn't see what was wrong with the girl at all. It was only a flesh wound... Or a dozen or so flesh wounds. Blood wasn't enough to make one this squeamish at all! With a cold sense of self-righteous contempt, he walked towards Simon and contemplated hitting both him and Mercury full-on in the face. What would that do that would help Chisel? It would mostly likely make an enemy or two, and that was not a very good idea in a game such as this, where your friends could backstab you in a heartbeat. But what to do...?

All of a sudden, Chisel knew. He'd let his words come with the full force of a punch.

And yet, he couldn't help smile.

"Why so sad, Mercury? Cheer up! It's only blood, idiot!"
Spoiler : :
ARE the phones indestructible?
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
Ami
Spoken languages: English

Post by Ami »

If I allowed you to destroy the cellphones or have the cellphones easy to peek at or elsewise, tehy wouldn't be good tools to the stor,y would they? X3
since 2008!
naagloshii

Post by naagloshii »

Mercury had been about to respond to Simon's comforting words – to tell him that it was the costumes more than the deaths themselves that bothered her – but Chisel's words dove into her like a knife. Anger swelled up inside her. It was fury that dried up her tears and it was rage that drove her to sit up and meet Chisel's unnaturally green eyes with her own cold silver ones.

"I've seen my fair share of blood, Chisel," she said cheerfully, wiping residual moisture from her red-rimmed eyes. "It's highly likely that I've seen far more than you have." She rested her hand on Simon's and gently removed it from her shoulder, smiling to show that she wasn't rebuffing him. "Thank you for your support," she said fondly, squeezing his hand once before releasing it. "I'm sorry for that. I lost control for a moment, but I'm alright now."
I'm off to listen to bands you kids have never heard of, and when they go major I'll be there to complain about how much they've sold out!
-Uzuki Yashiro

♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Simon gave Mercury an odd look. So it wasn't just the violence that scared her...he'd have to get to know more about her. She seemed to have quite the interesting past. But for now he just returned her smile.

Simon stood up and looked to Chisel. "I think someone has some explaining to do." He flipped his phone open and looked at Chisel's text to him. "Calling the miss an idiot, calling me a sucker...might I detect some agression here?" He glanced towards the bloodied streets. "And going all-out on the thugs there...though not for the best, it seems." He removed his shades and glared at Chisel through dark green eyes, his smile sarcastic. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were trying to make enemies..."

Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Post by Gav »

"Enemies? What would be the purpose of making enemies in a game like this? Well, I can think of one..."

The one advantage to making enemies, Chisel thought, would be their hatred of him. They would be so blinded with rage that until it was too late, none would notice that they had died... Or had killed a comrade... To do that, however, would take way too much time out of a person's daily life, and it was especially unadvisable in a game where time was of the very essence. Unfortunately, making enemies, fun as it was to Chisel's second personality, would have to wait until after the game, assuming he survived (which, if everything went to plan, he would).

Chisel stared Simon full on in the eyes, thinking only of one thing - the willpower to not take the situation any farther. But a nice bit of his blood would be so... TASTY... No! That must not be thought of, not at all! I must make amends with them if I am to gain their trust. As of now, it may be too late, but one can dream. Yes, that would be a suitable plan for now. Gain their trust, then strike one of them to cause the others great heartbreak! And meanwhile, he'd be standing there with the weapon, laughing! Laughing and laughing and -

Suddenly, Chisel collapsed. Everything went dark.
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
Ami

Re: {RP} Reaper's Gambit - ROUND ONE: GAME TWO

Post by Ami »

You guys are encouraged to coordinate values on this thread, to up posts.
Watching representations of your loved ones dying was amazing, wasn't it? Well now, all of you get to decide which one of you is going to die.

You may each text a specific value to us using all whole numbers from a minimum of 2 to a maximum of 100. If all of you write down the same number, that is the number of points you all are granted. If anyone writes down a lesser number than the rest, that number will be treated as the "correct" number, and all values will be set to the smallest number. However, the writer of the smallest number(s) will also gain two points while all other players that wrote higher numbers will lose two points.

But, so it's not sudden death, I'm adding a twist. You must send us a total of TEN values, and NONE of the numbers may be the same. All numbers will be pitted agaisnt each other IN ORDER FROM LEFT TO RIGHT, and if you send them up to down, they will be translated to left to right.

2 Player, 3 Round Example:
Player A: 100, 100, 002
Player B: 100, 099, 003
Round 1: 100 v 100. Result: Both players gain 100 points. Player A: 100, Player B: 100
Round 2: 100 v 099. Result: Player A loses (gains 098 points), Player B wins (gains 101 points). Player A: 198, Player B: 201
Round 3: 002 v 003. Result: Player A wins (gains 004 points), Player B loses (gains 001 point). Player A: 202, Player B: 202
This round ends in a tie on purpose, this is only to show the extremes in points (lowest score of one, highest score of a hundred and one), along with what happens when players agree. Keep in mind that this example also breaks the "no using the same number twice rule" on purpose. If you try to pick the same number twice or more, the other multiples of the same number will be randomized for you.

The player with the lowest score will die. If that player happens to have protection, then the second-lowest will die. All ties will be decided by coinflip. THE ONLY EXCEPTION WILL BE is if you ALL have the same point value at the end of the game. If there is a four-way tie, you will all live. But I sincerely doubt that will happen. Have fun! Oh, and don't disappoint me now, players. Yeah, I'm sure you all want to live. But these other players are selfishly trying to stay alive and kill you, as well! Well... that's not true for all of us, is it, girly? You feel free to betray anyone you want to. That'd sorta make us sisters, wouldn't it? In that we both can currently kill people with impunity. You have a good time. <3

since 2008!
naagloshii

Post by naagloshii »

Crimson Lace, you little jerk XD Trying so sew dissent by exposing Mercury's past is just in poor form :P
tbh I've been hoping that would happen ;)
-Uzuki Yashiro

♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Ami

Post by Ami »

naagloshii wrote:
Crimson Lace, you little jerk XD Trying so sew dissent by exposing Mercury's past is just in poor form :P
What? No. She was referring to the fact you have death immunity thanks to the last game.
since 2008!
naagloshii

Post by naagloshii »

Ami wrote:
naagloshii wrote:
What? No. She was referring to the fact you have death immunity thanks to the last game.
I should really not read things when I'm tired, oh man...
-Uzuki Yashiro

♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

If we all chose the same sets of numbers, that would result in a 4-way tie, right?

Ami

Post by Ami »

gotMLK7 wrote:
If we all chose the same sets of numbers, that would result in a 4-way tie, right?
Spoiler : :
Correct
since 2008!
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

"Chisel! Are you oka-" Simon was about to try checking on Chisel, but suddenly the voice of Crimson Lace surrounded him. It was time for the next round.

And somebody had to die...but not if he had a say in it.

Gritting his teeth in frustration, Simon pulled his phone out. He opened the contacts for each of the other contestants. He refused to let CL win this early. They weren't going to turn on each other yet.

He sent all three of the others the same text:
Spoiler : Text from Simon to Chisel :
100, 099, 098, 097, 096, 095, 094, 093, 092, 091
-Simon
Spoiler : Text from Simon to Frederick :
-Simon
Spoiler : Text from Simon to Mercury :
-Simon
He turned to the others. "Text those numbers to CL. I'll text them, too. I'm not letting her beat us so soon in this party."

He kneeled down next to Chisel and poked his head with the bamboo sword. "Hey, get up. The 'sucker' needs a word with you, for both our sake and your's."
On an unrelated note, [img=http://gotmlk77.deviantart.com/art/RG-S ... -370689112]I have some official art of Simon English! :L[/img]