{RP} Reaper's Gambit - ROUND ONE: GAME THREE

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Re: {RP} Reaper's Gambit - ROUND ONE: GAME TWO

Post by DLA »

Frederick received a text message from Simon. He had quite nearly lost the last game. He wasn't going to take any chances for this one. He texted the Reaper Hotline a sequence of numbers. He also texted Simon.
Spoiler : Text from Frederick to Simon :
Got it. I'll do as you said. What are your thoughts on Chisel? Is he to be trusted? -Captain Fred
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Post by Gav »

Chisel awoke, and to his surprise, Simon was shaking him violently. His eyes remained closed - he did not want to wake up, but knew he had to, for the game would not go on without him. So, he motioned for Simon to let go of him and shakily got to the ground. He pulled his hood over his eyes and stepped back. Had he collapsed in the second personality that soon? It had seemed like a much shorter period of time than before. This was encouraging. Maybe the schiropenzia was going away - but then what would be the dominant personality? Chisel soon told himself that it was best to remain this way, as he had done so many times in the past.

The phone beeped inside Chisel's pocket, and he opened it up. After reading the text from Simon, he looked up at everybody and raised an eyebrow (foolishly; nobody could see it through the hood). "S-sorry if I collapsed. What's with the numbers? Did another game begin, and if so, did I miss the rules? Well, obviously I missed the rules while I was out, but -"

Suddenly, a thought struck Chisel. It was a frightening prospect. The other contestants would soon have questions about the collapse and sudden changes in personality. Should the truth be told about his multiple personality disorder, or should it be lost forever in the deep recesses of the mind, never to be told to anyone? Of course, someone might figure it out sooner or later, and then they might hate him for it because he had been hiding it for all this time and it was a deep, dark secret and OH THE HUMANITY OF WHAT IT WOULD BE!

That's when Chisel realized that he'd left the others hanging. A sentence unfinished.

He'd keep it to himself for now, and only tell if they got suspicious.

"Maybe I should start from the beginning. Thanks, Simon. I'm assuming that another game began, and that these numbers have something to do with it. What are we supposed to gain from knowing these numbers? Is it some sort of conspiracy?"
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
naagloshii
Spoken languages: English, French, learning Russian

Post by naagloshii »

Mercury had been about to move to Chisel's side to check on his when Simon suddenly took charge. Her phone vibrated with the numbers he sent and for the briefest, barest second, she considered sending in different numbers. Numbers that were lower, making her the winner, which would mean that all three of the others... But the thought made her sick, and in a moment she had composed her own message to Crimson Lace and sent it off without a word. Simon had been nothing but kind to her. Frederick had gone easy on her in the first round when he had no reason to. And Chisel... well, the jury was still out on that man, but she had a feeling that there was far more to him than met the eye. She wasn't willing to let any of them die if she could do anything to prevent it.

She moved silently to Frederick's side and stood with her hands clasped behind her, watching Chisel and Simon with some interest.
Spoiler : Mercury whispers to Frederick :
"Thank you. For helping me in the first game."
I'm off to listen to bands you kids have never heard of, and when they go major I'll be there to complain about how much they've sold out!
-Uzuki Yashiro

♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.
DLA

Post by DLA »

The young girl stood next to Frederick and whispered to him. So as not to arouse suspicion from Simon and Chisel, he texted her.
Spoiler : Text from Frederick to Mercury :
Tis the least I could do. I wouldn't bring harm to someone who hasn't harmed me. -Captain Fred
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Simon stood up and crossed his arms impatiently. "...Not the reaction I expected, but whatever."

He put a hand on Chisel's shoulder and looked him dead in the eyes. "For this next game, one of us will have to die unless we all send in the exact same set of numbers. That's what the text is for." He smirked. "And while I'm not one for blackmail, know that your trust is being put extremely to the test here, and if you get one of use killed now, I can assure you that any semblance of trust left for you will vanish like dust in the wind."

He let go of his shoulder and flipped his phone open. "Now text that set of numbers in that EXACT order to the hotline. We'll know if you can be somewhat trusted when we don't see a corpse at our feet." He made a quick text and hit send. Even with his cool exterior, a bead of sweat fell down his forehead. A life or death situation was being put into the hands of a distrusting man who showed signs of insanity. Not exactly Simon's idea of a good time.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Ami
Spoken languages: English

Re: {RP} Reaper's Gambit - ROUND ONE: Between MiniGames

Post by Ami »

So, it looks like we have results in. Here are the numbers!
Spoiler : :
Mercury: 100, 99, 98, 97, 96, 95, 94, 93, 92, 91
Frederick: 100, 99, 98, 97, 96, 95, 94, 93, 92, 91
Simon: 100, 99, 98, 97, 96, 95, 94, 93, 92, 91
Chisel: 100, 99, 98, 97, 96, 95, 94, 93, 92, 91

Point Totals:
All Players: 955

Result: All players survive round 2!
Mercury's protection has faded
So sadly, no one dies.

Just kidding! Of COURSE someone is gonna die. But that's just later. The next game will have no safety net, and you can be sure that the finale will leave its scars on you. In the meantime, please enjoy the city's amenities and explore! Greg, the intern, worked all month on making sure this place was game-ready.
since 2008!
gotMLK7

Re: {RP} Reaper's Gambit - ROUND ONE: Between MiniGames

Post by gotMLK7 »

Spoiler : OOC :
I'm waiting on basically anyone else to post next just so you all know. :L
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Ami

Re: {RP} Reaper's Gambit - ROUND ONE: GAME THREE

Post by Ami »

Game three is simple, kids. I'll call it Countdown Showdown.

There is a device in your phones, one that is rigged to a special... surprise in each of your most recent meals. It's set to release a neurotoxin that will kill you very, very quickly and very, VERY painfully. There is a secret number in my head, that I've given to my favorite intern, Greg, who will guard this number with his life. This number can be any real number (as in no fractions or decimals) from 24 to 56. You will each enter four numbers, from one to five (no repeats), along with the ability to give ONE zero. The game will go something like this...

Player A: 2, 3, 4, 5
Player B: 0, 1, 3, 5
Secret Number: 20
TURN ONE: Player A adds 2 to the counter, Player B adds 0 IN THAT ORDER. Counter: 2
TURN TWO: Player A adds 3 to the counter (5), Player B adds 1 (6).
TURN THREE: Player A adds 4 to the counter (10), Player B adds 3 (13)
TURN FOUR: Player A adds 5 to the counter (18), Player B adds 5 (23!!!)
PLAYER B HAS EXCEEDED THE COUNT, AND WILL BE EXECUTED.

This game will be played with the order Mercury, Frederick, Chisel, and Simon. The first player to bust dies. No exceptions. The secret number has been laid with Greg, and no, I've done the math: (0+1+2+3)*4=24 minimum, so there's no mathing your way to a complete and total survival rate.

since 2008!
naagloshii

Post by naagloshii »

ARG this game moves so fast. I hate that I have a full-time job :(
Chisel hadn't betrayed them. The fact that none of them had died made Mercury breathe a quick sigh of relief. She smiled at each of her companions in turn, feeling suddenly more charitable than she had in several years. But her respite did not last long.

"Game three." she said quietly, staring at the screen of her phone as though it would miraculously give her a solution. "One of us will die tomorrow."
I'm off to listen to bands you kids have never heard of, and when they go major I'll be there to complain about how much they've sold out!
-Uzuki Yashiro

♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Ami

Post by Ami »

Oh, and caveat: If the number falls short of the number, there'll be a tie-breaking randomizer.

And noted, Naagloshi, I understand. I'll make the phases two days apart next time, along with enforcing private backgrounds and reasons for being in the game.
since 2008!
DLA

Post by DLA »

"So, one of us shall meet our fate." Frederick said with a rather sad look on his face. Still, he had to play this smart so it wasn't him. He put a hand on Mercury's shoulder. "It's quite a shame this has to happen."
naagloshii

Post by naagloshii »

She smiled sadly up at Frederick and leaned slightly into his touch, appreciating his gesture and using it to her advantage. "It's no one's fault," she said to no one in particular. "No one is to blame."
-Uzuki Yashiro

♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Know that I refuse to let Simon die without a properly written death scene. I like to give closure to my characters, so even though this game goes by really fast, I intend to give his character a fair end.

Speaking of which, I suggest letting the next game go by at a slower pace, just so we can give our characters some more development and such next time.

Also, we just text in the four numbers, right?
Simon frowned again before letting out a large sigh. "...Well, one of us is screwed. And me being last doesn't make my chances look good." He crossed his arms in thought. "...There's no way to get around this one. And as much as I'd love to say I'd give willingly give my life now, I can't just leave Hannah like that."

He sat down and stared at his phone. He was tempted to open it and send in his text, but he stopped himself from doing so just yet. "...Hey, nothing says we have to send in our texts immediately. Anyone got any scary stories to tell around the hypothetical campfire while we await the inevitable?"

Ami

Post by Ami »

gotMLK7 wrote:
Know that I refuse to let Simon die without a properly written death scene. I like to give closure to my characters, so even though this game goes by really fast, I intend to give his character a fair end.

Speaking of which, I suggest letting the next game go by at a slower pace, just so we can give our characters some more development and such next time.

Also, we just text in the four numbers, right?
Simon frowned again before letting out a large sigh. "...Well, one of us is screwed. And me being last doesn't make my chances look good." He crossed his arms in thought. "...There's no way to get around this one. And as much as I'd love to say I'd give willingly give my life now, I can't just leave Hannah like that."

He sat down and stared at his phone. He was tempted to open it and send in his text, but he stopped himself from doing so just yet. "...Hey, nothing says we have to send in our texts immediately. Anyone got any scary stories to tell around the hypothetical campfire while we await the inevitable?"
Spoiler : :
Go ahead, I won't let him or any of you die without something. Also, the game is sorta set to go at its current pace, but Round 2 will allow more talking and stuff. Remember, this round is largely a beta, something that needed testing to see where I went wrong in the design.

Currently, it's:
- Public profiles beyond names and appearances. The rest can unfold in thread.
- Let the game flow. Most of my mistake here was making the game go by quickly because I originally was like MUST MAKE GAME GO BEFORE PEOPLE FORGET IT'S HAPPENING FLNSLETJNLSET
- Give more for the players to do so they'll post more.
- Don't come up with the games the hour before phase change.

And yes, text four real numbers to me, 0-5, no repeating numbers.
since 2008!
DLA

Post by DLA »

"Hannah?" Frederick asked him. He considered sending in his numbers, but it didn't seem fair to do it right now.