{RP} Reaper's Gambit - ROUND ONE: GAME THREE

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Re: {RP} Reaper's Gambit - ROUND ONE: GAME THREE

Post by Gav »

"So it looks like one of us will have to die. I don't want it to be that way, not at all..."

Chisel blinked tears out of his eyes as the news of impending death started to sink in. It bit at the back of his mind like a hungry family of snakes in the winter. This "Reaper's Gambit" would not be the place where he died. That was a vow. However, nobody else could die! But someone had to!

...And that's when he decided that that "someone" would be himself - but that would cause the others grief and pain and so many other unmentionable things! Oh, how Chisel longed to gather the courage and speak his mind! What numbers? Who will die? It was like a bad cliffhanger on a soap opera, thought most soap operas didn't involve playing games to save your life.

Meanwhile, the others were standing around, trying to prolong the inevitable. Simon was asking for scary stories, and Chisel had no idea why scary stories would be viable. Though he did know one. The story of his life and his condition was plenty scary. If he was going to die, the truth would have to come out.

"I have a scary story. It's the story of how I came to be at this game. L-let's all share ours before the inevitable happens. The only problem is that I don't want to start. Does anyone else feel that way? It doesn't matter. Someone, please start, if you're willing."
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Frederick froze up with a look of fear on his face for a second. He had to tell how he came to be here. He didn't want any of these people to think less of him for what he had done, and even still, it was an accident. Should he make something up? No, he decided. He'd tell the truth about some parts. Not everything, though. He'd make it believable. "I'll start, I suppose." he replied, his expression back to its usual calm. "You see, my father has always had a fascination with boats. As long as I can remember, he's been buying them, too. Now, he was rich, so it was no problem, but one day, we started to run out of money. My mother wanted him to sell all the boats. He refused, so I came here to pay off our debt. Not a scary story, but I figured since we had to tell how we came here at some point, I'd say so now."
The Final but not so ending chapter.
naagloshii
Spoken languages: English, French, learning Russian

Post by naagloshii »

Mercury's heart started pounding. Could she expose herself here? Would they believe the real story, or think she was lying to cover herself? She pulled a cigarette from her pack and toyed with it, weighing her options. Odds were that she'd die no matter what the outcome of this game – her escape from prison had no doubt negated the stay of execution she'd received due to her age and... mitigating circumstances – but she was risking more than death if she told the story: she was risking the loss of three potential allies and... dare she think it? Friends.

But even as she tried to convince herself to keep the secret, another part of her ached to finally, finally speak the truth. Her lips had never formed those words; her throat had never voiced them. The truth had been discovered independently of her testimony. She had never in her life told the story of that day... the day her life had changed forever.

Before she knew it, she was speaking.

"Have any of you ever heard of Vivian Kidd?"
I'm off to listen to bands you kids have never heard of, and when they go major I'll be there to complain about how much they've sold out!
-Uzuki Yashiro

♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.
Ami
Spoken languages: English

Post by Ami »

OOC not in spoiler tag because no spoilers: extending this game's time for stated reasons. Next phase change is Sunday.
since 2008!
naagloshii
Spoken languages: English, French, learning Russian

Post by naagloshii »

Spoiler : OOC :
Lots of good that extra day did us. Was it my fault? :S
I'm off to listen to bands you kids have never heard of, and when they go major I'll be there to complain about how much they've sold out!
-Uzuki Yashiro

♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.
Ami
Spoken languages: English

Post by Ami »

Spoiler : ooc :
No, it's everyone's. I haven't had one PM today on numbers.
since 2008!
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Spoiler : IOC :
phone post: internet's been down all day. Won't be able to post sufficiently till its back
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Post by Gav »

Mercury looked nervous. Chisel saw no reason to doubt her, though.

"Vivian Kidd? Who's that?"
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.