[RP/FG] CBRP - The Adventure Game Where Nothing Matters

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Ami
Spoken languages: English

[RP/FG] CBRP - The Adventure Game Where Nothing Matters

Post by Ami »

After some huge adventures, decided to make this a game. Use normal adventure game prompts when taking actions, you can talk normally when in a conversing mode.

Also, for those wondering, it's "Calvin Ball-esque Role Playing". The story is random, and the rules change from GM to GM. What can't change is the adventure game format, both GM and player. Oh, and all OoC character talk is in spoiler tags.
ANYONE IS FREE TO JOIN AND LEAVE AT ANY TIME AS LONG AS YOU INFORM US ON THIS TOPIC.
It's pretty informal. A short profile is fine, all we need really are a name and personality, and MAYBE appearance.

Current players:
- Ami (Current GM)
- Fury
- EnergizerSpark
- Detective Luke Atmey

Player Character Profiles:
Spoiler : Ami :
Name: Ami Collins
Appearance: Image
In addition to wearing black dress pants and a pair of Chuck Taylors.
Personality: Wry and sarcastic, she's an intelligent woman who is very no-nonsense, but tends to treat everything decidedly unseriously and devoid of motivation most of the time. Despite her improbable seduction skills, she's a very devout girlfriend to her long-time lover Victoria (who is immune to seduction, having seen all of Ami's tricks).

[spoiler=''Fury'']Name: Fury (Prolly a code name.)
Age: 20 (Cause well... It wouldn't really make sense if I was suddenly a different age other than my real one.)

(Except less pixelly and I cannot guarantee I look like this IRL but eh I'm here to play Calvin Ball and not some fashion show! Yet.)

Personality: Like... Uh... I don't wanna say sarcastic cause everyone and their mothers is that already here. But eh, for this game: Rolls with whatever and doesn't really take everything seriously. (Or does.) He's starting to get used to this whole Calvin Ball world so he knows he can expect all kinds of weird stuff.[/spoiler]
Spoiler : Luke :
Name: Detective Luke Atmey
Appearance: Occasionally wears a hat or something, has neck-length brown hair and green eyes. Wears a magnifying glass monocle, and normally wears a suit or something with a red bow tie.
Personality: Luke is a bit of a CloudCuckooLander, and can be a bit scatterbrained, but can be pretty good when he focuses. He makes friends easily and is a nice guy, except around his crazed fangirl Tracy, then he gets angry.
Spoiler : Energizer :
Name: J (short for my real name)
Appearance: Image only with glasses and slightly nicer hair. Slightly.

Personality: Kind of a deadpan snarker, likes to make inappropriate jokes occasionally, basically same as my own personality. Very mysterious. Has an accent which kinda sounds like every accent in the world was mashed into one and someone is trying to impersonate that accent. LOVES jelly beans. But only the blue ones.Very eccentric and weird. Often talks to himsef. Possibly slightly sociopathic.

When we last left our heroes, they were invited into a cabin by Ami and her girlfriend Victoria. BUT IT'S A TRAP. Neither of them were there, and no signs that they even were involved in the invitations. In hindsight, they should have done some consideration before coming. They've investigated the armoire, and the smoking jacket within, and the desk and table. There's a bed, sink, and potty that haven't been investigated. The stove is empty, but looks rather important to the structural integrity of one of the walls. The the lone door is locked and sturdy.

Party: Fury, DLA
Inventory: Wickless Firecrackers, Wooden Plates, Matches

since 2008!
The Fury Wraith
Spoken languages: English, Dutch

Re: [RP/FG] CBRP - The Adventure Game Where Nothing Matters

Post by The Fury Wraith »

So yeah, considering I'm a part of this already might as well go all the way~

[spoiler=''Fury'']Name: Fury (Prolly a code name.)
Age: 20 (Cause well... It wouldn't really make sense if I was suddenly a different age other than my real one.)

(Except less pixelly and I cannot guarantee I look like this IRL but eh I'm here to play Calvin Ball and not some fashion show! Yet.)

Personality: Like... Uh... I don't wanna say sarcastic cause everyone and their mothers is that already here. But eh, for this game: Rolls with whatever and doesn't really take everything seriously. (Or does.) He's starting to get used to this whole Calvin Ball world so he knows he can expect all kinds of weird stuff.[/spoiler]

Whoo, would have made the app more serious if the game was more like that, but I'll play with what the plot gives me. And since I'm playing as myself, my personality shouldn't really matter all that much... right?
Case made by me: Turnabout Retribution
Ami

Post by Ami »

Nope, doesn't matter. Post away, friend!
since 2008!
energizerspark

Post by energizerspark »

Yeah, OK, I guess I'll join.
Spoiler : Energizer :
Name: J (short for my real name)
Appearance: Image only with glasses and slightly nicer hair. Slightly.

Personality: Kind of a deadpan snarker, likes to make inappropriate jokes occasionally, basically same as my own personality. Very mysterious. Has an accent which kinda sounds like every accent in the world was mashed into one and someone is trying to impersonate that accent. LOVES jelly beans. But only the blue ones.Very eccentric and weird. Often talks to himsef. Possibly slightly sociopathic.
Last edited by energizerspark on Mon May 06, 2013 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering
The Fury Wraith

Guess I'll check the bed now.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

This isn't based off me(except some of the personality), just felt like throwing together a quick thing.
Spoiler : Luke :
Name: Detective Luke Atmey
Appearance: Occasionally wears a hat or something, has neck-length brown hair and green eyes. Wears a magnifying glass monocle, and normally wears a suit or something with a red bow tie.
Personality: Luke is a bit of a CloudCuckooLander, and can be a bit scatterbrained, but can be pretty good when he focuses. He makes friends easily and is a nice guy, except around his crazed fangirl Tracy, then he gets angry.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Ami

Post by Ami »

Amongst the sheets, you find a down pillow. It's tailor-made to be the softest, cushiest, and least fire-retardant pillow on the market. You got a pillow!
since 2008!
energizerspark

Post by energizerspark »

Let's check the sink.
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering
The Fury Wraith

Yay. Into the hammerspace it goes. The potty is next for examination. Guess someone has to do it so...
Ami

Post by Ami »

The sink is rather normal, but when the faucet is turned on, you can hear a faint noise... but no water. It appears this place is a rather bad place to get caught in a fire.

The potty is a normal potty, but when you life the tank's lid... you find a note! It reads
"Welcome to the tutorial puzzle. This is your game master, Ami, not to be confused with the character. I'm the magic voice that tells you stuff. Anyway, this particular cabin has a structural weakness where the stove is attached to the wall- but the weakness itself is only exploited from inside the oven. That's all the clues you're getting. Byesies~ <3"
since 2008!
The Fury Wraith

I pre-heat the oven. (Old Gamefaqs joke no one will get.)
Ami

Post by Ami »

This is an old-timey oven. It's metal and... metal. That's about it.
since 2008!
DLA

Post by DLA »

Examine the table, why not.
Ami

Post by Ami »

The table is bare, since you took those wooden plates.
since 2008!
DLA

Post by DLA »

Examine the bed, then.