RP: Persona: AAO Edition

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Ami
Spoken languages: English

Re: RP: Persona: AAO Edition

Post by Ami »

"Well, this wasn't my normal idea of a picnic, but it worked out well none the less." It wasn't that great of a joke, but it's all Ami could muster given her complete and utter confusion from the girl in front of her and her strange feats. Ami had finished the crab by now, taking care to not get anything on her gloves.
since 2008!
Topaz
Spoken languages: English, 日本語

Post by Topaz »

Mayoi piled the plates, utensils, and equipment into a pile, then sat back on her cushion.

"So why are we here again?" She asked, scratching her head.
Ami

Post by Ami »

"Oh! The musician! He disappeared somewhere around this area. He knew this song I had stuck in my head, and..." Ami then realized how stupid of a reason it was. But it was more than that, it was instinct. Like there was something in the back of her mind that knew she needed to pursue the street trumpeter immediately.
since 2008!
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Outskirts

Taka sighed again. Then he let out another sigh. To be completely honest, right now, he felt completely frustrated... But by what? He wasn't sure. This wasn't like him at all. It was like he was annoyed for no reason. He didn't feel like talking to girls, he didn't feel like playing the violin... What was wrong with him? Actually, come to think of it, he knew exactly what was wrong. It was that dream, wasn't it? Of course it was. It had been bugging him for a while now.

"Great... It's a beautiful day, and I'm wasting it. Keep it together, Taka. This isn't like you at all," said Taka to absolutely no one in particular. He was looking at a river, hoping that it would grant him some measure of peace and quiet. It worked, albeit with limited success. Rivers usually looked so serene, even the ones with funny names. Seriously, what kind of name was Unas River? Maybe it was named after someone he didn't know about. That would probably make more sense. Wait, thinking about the name would just make him more stressed... This was pathetic.

He thought about that dream again. Seriously, what was that about? Those people he had met... Didn't they have the same names as the ones on the paper? And out of all of them, he had only known Mayoi in the past. And that dream was far too clear. Well... Maybe he'd just stop thinking about it for a bit. Just look at the river for a while... That would probably make him forget his worries. It wasn't like him to think so seriously.
Spoiler : :
I'm guessing we're supposed to wait for Trybien...? Anyway, I wanted to try a more serious post as Taka. Future posts will likely be less serious unless the situation calls for seriousness.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Real Name (2024), A Silly Little Dream (hopefully late 2024 or very early 2025), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully late 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Sorry, got back from my Order of the Arrow Ordeal earlier and was busy with family, anyway following this post, I need all players to respond before I can continue. This is a major story event and I need all to just get to the area then situation will be explained.
Night 1

As darkness fell on the city, the clock hit ten and it was time for everyone to go back to their dorms. As everyone started to head back, a piercing scream rang in their heads coming from the direction of the suburban area.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
Ami

Post by Ami »

OOC: I have permission from Topaz to drag Mayoi along.
"Mayoi, follow me!" Ami raced towards the suburban district. She didn't like getting involved, especially socially, but the woman with cerise hair instinctively moved. This wasn't something she could ignore, like that song in her head, this knot in her stomach. She arrives at the source of the scream to find...
since 2008!
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Well, if that wasn't the biggest waste of a day ever... Taka wasn't sure what could count as one. There was, of course, more to life than just playing the violin and courting girls, though he wouldn't ever admit that to anyone. Still, he had honestly felt like he had spent his entire day doing nothing but be annoyed for a reason that he couldn't even comprehend. Was being randomly annoyed for no reason a part of being a teenager? ... Well, yeah, kind of, but it wasn't exactly fun.

Taka was walking back to the dorm when he heard a scream. Coming from the suburban areas. He instantly turned around and began running towards the source of the scream. You could say a number of negative things about Taka, but he wasn't someone who'd just ignore something like this.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Real Name (2024), A Silly Little Dream (hopefully late 2024 or very early 2025), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully late 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
deHughes

Post by deHughes »

So, Trybien. Just for the record, a piece of advice on the GM'ing front. I'd avoid taking control of any player characters. Give them a scenario and they'll always act in character. If a giant monster is chasing, they'll run, and they'll do so with their own words. You don't have to worry about stuff like that. Something as small as my character sleeping during class is completely out of character and contradictory to his very existence. This is a guy, who for the most part, places more value in his appearance than in other human beings. Word from one GM to another, leave out any messing with characters. You're on the right track already with this recent event. Give prompting, and we as writers will be able to justify it. If you demand that everyone run from a Shadow, say so in a spoiler. We'll add flavour, maybe even try to fight if the character says so, but we'll do what you say. Or we'll argue about if should have to do it in the first place. One or the other. ;P
The accusations landed upon the well-dressed boy's head were, without a doubt, completely unfounded. His grip upon the jacket he slung over his shoulder couldn't help but tighten and crinkle former perfection as they echoed through his mind. Even now, nearly eight hours later.

Sleeping in class, what a load.

On his first damn day, he would slump over himself like some sad sack? Like that moron sitting in the row beside him, whose drool bounced out the dust drowned floor like one of those cheap, rubber ball one these kids sent flying around without any care of where they went. Even now, they irritated him as they tripped over the baggy folds of their sweatpants, broadcasting the logo of the local supermarket, as they ran towards their mother's incessant nagging. The night began to fall, and the people dissipated, leaving only the dim yellow of the old streetlamps and the smell of old barbeque.

No life.

This entire city had no life to it. It folded in upon itself like wet paper as soon you turned your eyes to it. There was nothing for him here, except more damned accusations that dared give these freaks something to laugh about. Walking forth with only his tightening palm and a desire to wet his mouth with his drink of choice giving him any direction. A cry shot out, disrupting him for a minute. His head turned, but quickly corrected itself as he began to continue. He continued on his way, paying the disruption no concern. Earplugs found their way to his ears. Pounding synths isolating him and the record of his mind skipping back and forth. Yet, he began to direct himself off of the line he walked. Turning, unknown to his conscious mind, towards the origin of the scream.
ImageImageLevel:15ImageLevel:5ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15

Tasha Krantz sprite courtesy of gotMLK7.
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

deHughes wrote:
So, Trybien. Just for the record, a piece of advice on the GM'ing front. I'd avoid taking control of any player characters. Give them a scenario and they'll always act in character. If a giant monster is chasing, they'll run, and they'll do so with their own words. You don't have to worry about stuff like that. Something as small as my character sleeping during class is completely out of character and contradictory to his very existence. This is a guy, who for the most part, places more value in his appearance than in other human beings. Word from one GM to another, leave out any messing with characters. You're on the right track already with this recent event. Give prompting, and we as writers will be able to justify it. If you demand that everyone run from a Shadow, say so in a spoiler. We'll add flavour, maybe even try to fight if the character says so, but we'll do what you say. Or we'll argue about if should have to do it in the first place. One or the other. ;P
The accusations landed upon the well-dressed boy's head were, without a doubt, completely unfounded. His grip upon the jacket he slung over his shoulder couldn't help but tighten and crinkle former perfection as they echoed through his mind. Even now, nearly eight hours later.

Sleeping in class, what a load.

On his first damn day, he would slump over himself like some sad sack? Like that moron sitting in the row beside him, whose drool bounced out the dust drowned floor like one of those cheap, rubber ball one these kids sent flying around without any care of where they went. Even now, they irritated him as they tripped over the baggy folds of their sweatpants, broadcasting the logo of the local supermarket, as they ran towards their mother's incessant nagging. The night began to fall, and the people dissipated, leaving only the dim yellow of the old streetlamps and the smell of old barbeque.

No life.

This entire city had no life to it. It folded in upon itself like wet paper as soon you turned your eyes to it. There was nothing for him here, except more damned accusations that dared give these freaks something to laugh about. Walking forth with only his tightening palm and a desire to wet his mouth with his drink of choice giving him any direction. A cry shot out, disrupting him for a minute. His head turned, but quickly corrected itself as he began to continue. He continued on his way, paying the disruption no concern. Earplugs found their way to his ears. Pounding synths isolating him and the record of his mind skipping back and forth. Yet, he began to direct himself off of the line he walked. Turning, unknown to his conscious mind, towards the origin of the scream.
Yeah sorry 'bout that. It is my first time doing a serious GM role other than Type 99, and that did not last long. Combined with my brain fart/s of being away at camp practically all summer, I know I wasn't thinking about stuff like that. I really appreciate your criticisms/advice, I hope to be able to incorporate it. I should be all set by the end of this arc ;)
Ami

Post by Ami »

Ami and Mayoi search for the source of the scream at the suburban area. They miss seeing Taka and Hayato on multiple occasions, though they are able to be seen by them as they search.
since 2008!
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Now just waiting on Sleuth, Chaos, and Enigma. I'll send them personal messages tomorow if a reply is not posted by them. This is probably THE most important part of the rp and will set off a chain of events that will define the current arc and future ones to come.
Master Of Chaos

Post by Master Of Chaos »

Right, still need to post in this. What're we doing right now, and where should I be?
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
Ami

Post by Ami »

Master Of Chaos wrote:
Right, still need to post in this. What're we doing right now, and where should I be?
Look up a few posts. Trybien's latest plot point. Night 1.
Trybien wrote:
Sorry, got back from my Order of the Arrow Ordeal earlier and was busy with family, anyway following this post, I need all players to respond before I can continue. This is a major story event and I need all to just get to the area then situation will be explained.
Night 1

As darkness fell on the city, the clock hit ten and it was time for everyone to go back to their dorms. As everyone started to head back, a piercing scream rang in their heads coming from the direction of the suburban area.
since 2008!
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

*munc* *munch* *munch*

Cabbage flavoured potato chips. Ichiro was surprised to find these even existed. As he happily strolled down the street, munching on his food he felt relaxed. He swung his backpack lightly and began to take on a more airy skipping walk. After all, if you're feeling calm, then it's best to-

"ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!!!"

Oh crap. Was that a scream?

Quickly, Ichiro swung around to where the scream seemed to have come from.

"I might not exactly be the protagonist archtype but... Well, it's not like I can just let someone die. That would be a real asshole move."

And, thus, he began dashing in the direction of the scream as fast as he could go.
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

K, now just waiting on sleuth. Thankfully this is a short event unlike future ones, so I'll kick the event off tomorow if he doesn't post by then.