RP: Persona: AAO Edition

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Ami
Spoken languages: English

Re: RP: Persona: AAO Edition

Post by Ami »

Spoiler : :
Good enough for me. Thanks for answering my questions, Trybien, I'm sorry if I seemed out of line. I'll have Ami handle a minor issue.
Ami can't see the figure clearly. It looked like an Anti-Spiral, but that wasn't going to stop her. "What the hell are you?"

"I am a shadow. I am the true self."

"Like hell you are! COME GET SOME!" And that's when Ami was promptly smacked with the broad side of the sword, flying into a nearby wall. After the shock subsided, she checked herself for broken bones- thankfully there were none.
What... what am I doing? I... I can't...

"You can't because you're weak. I see you walking around like nothing happened. But you are so damn fragile. Let's count the ways, hm?" The dark figure deftly moves past Ami's defenses and reflexes, knocking her woozy with a quick punch to the head. It repeatedly kicks Ami in the abdomen, gleefully laughing as it does so. "Cry of me! Cry like I know you want to!"

No... I'm not... DAMNIT

"I'm not gonna cry! Like hell I'll let something get the best of me! Like you can do anything yourself. I bet mom and dad are cursing you right now."

... Oh no she didn't. Grabbing the foot of the shadowy figure, the oldest student of the group uses the leverage to push it off, and starts to find a place to run, a place to hide. Anywhere to recover and think of a battle plan. It didn't help that

the dragging of my blade fills her with fear. I hunt her relentlessly, and know she will soon be dead. My thirst is unquenchable, my hunger bottomless, my lust insatiable. I live to burden others.

What was a tactical retreat had turned into fleeing, hiding. She had no idea where to turn or what to do, this street seemed uncharacteristically foreign and poorly lit. And she could still hear the grinding of the blade wielded by the shadow.
since 2008!
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

deHughes wrote:
Okay... so uh... I'm still very confused. You never really specified HOW these mechanics you've planned work... just that they exist. So... how DO they work? Are we in control of both our character and that shadow? How do we fight? I guess... I'll make a list? Questions that need actual answers.

1) How does combat work?
Through the use of story telling in an action reaction such the players making moves against the enemies followed by the enemies responding and attacking, rinse repeat while adding the flair of the beautiful world of persona.
2) Whose in control of Shadows?
G.M.s, except in the instances where the shadows of those of the characters. There is an arc for this that I'm currently discussing with Sleuth to have the best placement.
3) What are these MP Effects?
You head the nail on the coffin. From starting to feel a little uneasy to loss of use of persona for the rest of the night, though I hoped to save that for later.
4) What are these two factors of HP?
Physical (shared with persona) and mental. Physical is the basic you get hit and take damage. Mental is more with mental stability and basically deals with the control of your persona. If it gets too bad, your persona could even kill you.
5) How do bosses take damage?
Sorry, but thats for you to find out! Each is different, and the different arcs are going to have bigger variances.
6) Can we refuse the call? Because... I am. So uh... yeah. I hope it is or yelp, I'm breaking the rules. Sorry my ego is too big.
By all means, do whatever the heck you want. Seriously. Its your character, and I cannot force you to do anything. If you have something specific in mind, please just P.M. me.
7) The very definition of Shadow and Persona actually do require you to accept your dark side, like... the very definition.
I took all of the classes in P4 Golden on this subject, I'm just falling into the rules set in place in the universe so I can give a distinct presentation. Besides, if I wanted to try to mimic any of the games ways of getting personas, I would have had you guys play the Persona Game (calling back to p1 and 2!) since that is by far my favorite and truly canon way of doing things!
8) That wasn't a question, but yeah?
That was not a question either.
9) What are these mechanics you have? We need to know them so we don't straight up break them.
I pretty much covered them all in the post other than arc specefics. Those will be covered when the seperate arcs come around since they will be more heavily detailed as the game goes on. I'd personally like to see how many arcs can get done before this games kicks the bucket, if it does. (If ET can, any can, so yah gotta make it last!)

Also it was Nyarlathotep. He's the Big Bad Puppet Master of the Persona series as a whole, but has been in the background in P3 and P4, meaning most don't know about him. And losing your Persona is unheard of because it's never been done yet. It was almost done in P4A but, to be fair, the writing was pretty bad (because it's a fighting game so the pacing is awful), so no one really sat in despair too long. They could have lost their Personas, they just didn't.

Yeah, but needless to say, if for some reason your shadow did come out, you wouldn't be able to use your persona since they are one in the same.

The shadow, determined to get the running girl threw his sword in front of her sticking it into the ground with what seemed to be telekinesis.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
Topaz
Spoken languages: English, 日本語

Post by Topaz »

Huh, this thing is pretty cool! It's probably going to say something like "Grrr! Take this!" or "You will die here!".

The sword slammed down into Mayoi, but she managed to dodge it pretty closely.

"Whoooa! That was a close one!" Mayoi climbed onto the sword as the weird monster thingy lifted it back up. By this point, she'd already taken out the Kogarasu Maru that she obtained from who knows where. She tried to strike the monster with a jumping jab but lost her balance and went tumbling of the sword.

"Ah, oops. That probably looked super lame!" She seemed to be speaking to the monster itself, despite the fact it was trying to kill her. "You don't mind if I, like, actually kill you right?" There was no response as the monster kept trying to sunder Mayoi under the blade and as Mayoi kept managing to avoid it. "I'll take that as a yes, then?"

Mayoi took out a a long bamboo stem, threw it into the air and skillfully sliced it in half. From the stem came a ball of light, which transformed itself into Kaguya. The bamboo evaporated once Kaguya had taken form.

"Uh, let's see... What was it again..." Mayoi pondered on the spot for a bit "Ah! Right! Burn it!"

Kaguya struck her branch onto the prayer bowl once, and a stream of flames shot towards the monster.
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

What... the hell?

Ichiro's jaw dropped open and he began stepping backwards. Eventually reaching a clumsy backpedaling run.

"HOLY CRAP! MONSTERs!"

Sweat covered his face as he spun around and began to sprint out of there, horribly tripping over his own legs again and again. His arms swinging in wild windmills the entire time.

"It's just like out of a generic manga..."

Ichiro sobbed as he tried scrambling away from the area.
Just to clarify, I will attempt to run away but if this fails I'll just accept death. I'm sorry, Try but I refuse to let Ichiro get his Persona without even beginning to address his backstory and the inner feelings that I've yet to go into... So, yeah.
Master Of Chaos

Post by Master Of Chaos »

3 Things I need an answer for before I post:

1. Is it too late for Kazushige to partake in this event? Can I just have him come across the scene and try to help?

2. I said in my App the Kazushige already had his Persona. Can I just use it to fight right off the bat, or do I need to do something first? Also, how exactly does the fighting work?

3. Is Kazushige allowed to use a gun as his weapon? I was under the assumption that we would all get weapons to use, and I have an explanation handy on why he would have one, if that's allowed.
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Truf, thank you for that. I've really meant to say pretty much everything you've said, but I haven't had the time nor the right words. Don't worry about being "that guy" because we could really use a "that guy" right now. I'm still not sure where or what I'm doing, but I'll try to make a post as soon as possible.
Ami

Post by Ami »

Thank you~ <3 I'd rather not go through any development deeper than the shallow development I've already done.
since 2008!
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Master Of Chaos wrote:
3 Things I need an answer for before I post:

1. Is it too late for Kazushige to partake in this event? Can I just have him come across the scene and try to help?
You can do exactly that!

2. I said in my App the Kazushige already had his Persona. Can I just use it to fight right off the bat, or do I need to do something first? Also, how exactly does the fighting work?

Answered this earlier, basically players attack, monster defends then attacks, rinse and repeat.

3. Is Kazushige allowed to use a gun as his weapon? I was under the assumption that we would all get weapons to use, and I have an explanation handy on why he would have one, if that's allowed.

Sure, why not. That would be very un-persona like for me to refuse that.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

I'm really confused on whether we're actually supposed to beat these things in one post, or just survive for now. It seems more natural to survive, rather than do one giant post where I rush a bunch of character development and write a full fight scene.
Well... Crap. This was... What was he supposed to do!? Whoever it was that had been screaming... That was likely the person who had been impaled by that sword just now. Taka internally berated himself for not being faster. It took a few moments for him to realize the gravity of the situation. Someone else... Was dead. And if he wasn't careful, then he would die as well. What was this...? None of it made any sense. Was this some sort of bizarre nightmare, or did he just run into the weirdest murderer ever?

It felt cowardly, but Taka wasn't going to fight head-on. He had a different strategy in mind.

Taka ran away from the creature that had been sent after him. He took out his cell phone from his pocket, and immediately tried to call the police. Somehow he doubted this would work, though. Still, if there was even a slight chance at getting help, then he was going to take it.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Due to there being little to no time left in the in game night, everyone can run away. The first "dungeon" will be the next night and it will be more similar to the P4 in which there will be facing yourself. P.M. me if you have a specific wait time till then. I can always incorporate filler if events if necessary. I Will give out a P.M. notice a week before the dungeon to who it is based off of. The story explanation will start the next in game day. I will note that facing yourself doesn't have to get real in depth into your past since there are arcs later planned for such events as well. If you have any questions ask, I'll answer to the best of my abilities.
Ami

Post by Ami »

It's already tuesday, nothing's happened. Almost Wednesday in twenty two minutes. uh... what do we do? Because first we're running, and... then we ran. Not sure what to do. Or how to continue. Or how to encourage activity.
since 2008!
Ami

Post by Ami »

AAOsona: under new management- mine! With permission from Trybien, who has grown busy.

Locking topic, starting new one after I get back from walking Roxy and taking a shower. In that order, since it's still warm down here in the southern states!
since 2008!