RP: Island of Outcasts

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Re: RP: Island of Outcasts

Post by NihilisticNinja »

Altraxia's eyes began to sparkle.

Even more new friends! That was always nice. The more people Altraxia could meet here, the better. She had been a bit worried that she would be a bit lonely on this island at first, but now this island kept getting filled with more and more people to meet and friends to make. Most of them seemed nice enough, and were plenty friendly; she'd just made a new friend a few seconds ago, and was having cheerful friendly banter right after that! No. Things were going very well.

Altraxia saw no reason to concern herself with murdering this young man just yet- he had given out a perfectly cheerful greeting and seemed relatively happy. No, there was no reason to assume he was upset at all. And then this other person- he didn't quite catch her other new friend's name- had given a friendly greeting and waved. Yes, it sure was nice to see everybody seemed to see things her way around here- be friends first, ask questions second, and kill third!

However, as she skipped towards the friend that had just arrived, she realized that Friend #1 was sounding very... mean. And aggressive. Perhaps Friend #1 wasn't a very happy person after all?

This one was wary. Wariness was dangerous- it made it much more difficult for them to be caught off guard. No, as in the case of a fairy, a sneak attack would likely be needed. However, given my frame and stature, that in itself could prove to be quite difficult. A weapon would likely be necessary, at the very least. Perhaps a blade could be made from the materials present in the forest? And night time would be an appropriate time to strike. Yes. This was at least the groundwork for a solid plan.

They should be more cheerful!

Regardless, the girl would... deal with Friend #1 later. She should greet this new person first.

"I consider 'friends' to be a nicer term than 'outcasts', but I guess you could call me one, sure! My name is Altraxia. And while Friend #1 over here is being kind of mean about it, it would be nice to know why you are here. If you're staying, I'm sure we can become great friends!" She gives off a wide, manic grin.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Post by Gav »

"My name is John Smith! I have come to give you a special mission, should you accept it!"
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

"Now hold on just one damned minute, sir! I'm not comfortable with accepting a mission when I don't even know what it involves! It could very well involve anything from robbing a bank to playing poker to MURDER." Zachary said, pacing back and forth while shuffling his deck of cards. His act had slipped a little bit. "Before I accept any missions, I must know what it involves. Otherwise, no deal."
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Post by Sleuth »

Briar wasn't sure at all what to make of this. Everyone else seemed to notice it, so it couldn't be just some mass hallucination... The man didn't appear to be armed, so maybe he was just stupid. The scenario boggled Briar's analytical mind, but... He DID have a boat. He knew he didn't have anywhere to go, really, but... Well, then again...

Briar's mind came to a swift and simple solution. Kill the man, take the boat, and you can come and go as you like. Of course, there were sea monsters and such in the waters, but... He shot a quick glance at his fellow outcasts. That was what "bait" was for.

With that, Briar decided to make his move. In a flash, he drew his knife, his eyes flickering red, and drove it straight for the man's neck, aiming for the jugular. At the same time, he lunged forward with his legs, so even if the knife missed, he could still tackle him down with his momentum alone. He was close enough-- This should work.
Topaz
Spoken languages: English, 日本語

Post by Topaz »

Azrael saw the nice new friend attack the maybe-not-nice maybe-not-friend. It was obvious even to her that she should kill him too, as that was the only logical thing to do. So she did. With her claws at the ready, Azrael lunged for the heart of the maybe-not-friend intended to rip it out. And maybe eat it. Anyway, her amazing precision aiming couldn't be misjudged. It was sufficiently amazing.
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

"Oh, is this our dinner?", she said as she took her pendant. A rose formed around her, and out came flying a mint-colored dragon. She used her fire breath to roast the man.
Gav

Post by Gav »

"AAAAAAAARGH!"

The scream pierced through the entire island, alerting Jane Smith, who was still on the boat, of John's distress. She immediately ran back to Modernia, her plan to get her husband's vast fortune successful.

And so, John became the dinner of the Island of Outcasts, and eventually, everyone who was on the island died. Because you killed the plot. You jerks.

BAD END

Try again?

> Yes
No

----

John let out a small sigh and raised his pistol. He had a feeling something like this would happen with the outcasts, but he was sure of one thing: He was NOT going to be anyone's dinner! The man fired the pistol and from it came a translucent barrier, which surrounded him and prevented him from all harm. "Is that the best you can do, outcasts?" he asked, smirk creeping over his face.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

So he DID have a plan. I see.

Briar's knife met the barrier, and his feet dug into the ground. His face showed no irritation in his halt. With a twirl, he slid the knife back into its sheath, taking a few steps back; then quickly leaping out of the way as a burst of dragonflame seared towards the man.

"A dragon?" Briar's eyes widened slightly, then quickly returned to their natural dull glaze. Interesting.

"I see," Briar muttered, turning back to the man, "Perhaps you're not as dumb as I thought. Very well, your deal interests me, so I'll listen. I cannot guarantee that my fellow inmates will do the same, however."
Topaz
Spoken languages: English, 日本語

Post by Topaz »

Burning. Burning. Burning. Stop the burning.

Azrael was on fire. Nothing new, but it was still fire. The fire took priority over evaluating the situation and deciding to attack again, so she simple ran around frantically trying to stop the fire. Fire is burny. Burny isn't good.
NihilisticNinja

Altraxia saw a blast of fire quickly speeding towards her in her peripheral vision. Well, whoever did that was just being mean! And mean people typically didn't tend to be happy... but there didn't appear to be any time to think about that. She needed to dodge the blast. She quickly did a backflip, landing on her hands. She then immediately followed that with a second jump backwards, followed by a quick spin towards the forest. Yes... she appeared to be out of the blast range now.

However, when she turned to check on if her other friends are okay... she saw that the friend whom had just arrived on the boat actually had some kind of forcefield! That was so cool! Altraxia ran back up to him once the fire blast subsided- sure, that might not be the wisest decision tactically, but she needed to learn more about this new friend. He was special.

"How did you do that? And did you say something about a request?" Altraxia asked John, her voice full of awe and her eyes sparkling like miniature stars.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Gav

Post by Gav »

"Inquisitive little girl, I see. This is a barrier gun, used to protect those with high positions in Modernia government and military. The barriers it makes are fireproof, waterproof, lightningproof... They're virtually indestructible." John raised his voice. "If you accept my offer, I guarantee that you will be obtaining the power to create these barriers!"

Now for the kill.

"As I have said, I am John Smith. I am the Supreme Commander of the Modernia Military, sent by the president to enlist your help with a series of missions, the first of which being an assassination which will take place at the Worlds Assembly! Who to assassinate, you ask?"

This is the best part!

"...The Vice President of Modernia, who, we suspect, is the leader of a conspiracy to turn our beloved country into a totalitarian dictatorship! If you succeed in this mission, should you accept it, you will have freedom from the Island forever and will have the choice of performing many more special operations in the name of Modernia. Those of you from Fantasia, however, may return to your homes to live out your lives in peace if you are conflicted about defecting.

"For those of you who feel conflicted or just plain don't want to kill, I will be offering two separate missions. The parts about returning home and the special operations apply to these missions too. A very large and very valuable diamond called 'Evelyn' (don't ask) will be at the Worlds Assembly, brought by a man from the Northeast Central Island. Your mission would be to steal this diamond and bring it, in secret, to the President of Modernia. I guarantee he will be happy with the diamond, no matter who brings it.

"The final mission is one of exploration. While the Worlds Assembly is going on, those who accept this mission will be going to Eastern Fantasia, to an uncharted forest full of new and exotic creatures. You are to document each creature you find on two expeditions into the forest and bring your findings to the Chancellor of Fantasia, who will archive them in the Royal Library of Fantasian Landmarks, Maps, and Creatures. Are there any questions about any of these missions?"

Better be a fourth option...

"Or you could just stay on this boring old island. Your choice."

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Briar honestly wasn't sure how to process this. A man who had suddenly approached the island, talking like he was selling something... Who did he say he was, again? On one hand, he did offer to free them from the island. On the other hand, Briar liked the island. Going back to Modernia was the last thing he wanted-- Hell, even Fantasia was too strict for his tastes. The island was where he belonged, ultimately. The only other place he'd rather be was... Well, millions upon millions of miles away. Did they have islands on Earth? He could only dream...

But at any rate, the man's offer didn't interest him. In fact, it reminded him more of the annoying pop-up ads that were scattered around Modernia-- A cheap hologram offering you the latest in home entertainment technology, most of which were unaffordable to anyone viewing the ads. More of that, please.

"Is this some sort of scam?" Briar asked, not really even thinking why he had said it. Not that he expected anyone to scam convicted criminals, but... The plan was too bizarre to not question. While the so-called adventure held no prospect for him, he couldn't help but still be curious as to what this man was up to.
NihilisticNinja

Altraxia was torn. This John Smith person was so cool! And he seemed like he would be a great friend; he was polite enough when people weren't trying to murder him. And this new quest seemed like a fantastic way to meet new friends! In fact, it sounded like if she stole this diamond, she could make the president one. And having a special friend like the president would be so amaa~aaazing!

And if she did one of these quests, she would be able to leave the island, and go back to where there were so many more friends to make! And then she could go back to helping out the unhappy people! Yes, this could end very well for her.

However... it meant leaving the island. There were so many new friends here that she hadn't met or gotten to know yet! It seemed really mean and unfriendly to just leave them out to dry. No, she should give this a bit more thought.

Friend #1 then asked her new friend a question. He... still wasn't being very nice about it. Altraxia would have to have a talk later about him being happier. And if that didn't work... there were alternatives. However, she admitted it was a decent question. One that she should wait for an answer to.
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

"Oh, really? You can get us off the island, huh? Sounds nice. I might take a shot at that first one."

A friendly bright smile. A happy thumbs up as if I was agreeing to come with him to shoot pool at a bar. This should be a nice trip. The sky is surprisingly blue today. I wonder how I'm going to kill him? A quick stab to the face of some idiot politician and a brutal destruction of the corpse. I see fire. And I can imagine the use of a cleaver. Eat the liver and kidneys. Dissect. Vivisect. Torture. Destory the eyes and leave the holes and... And then I get off this goddamn boring ass hell hole forever. To freely kill as I please, to return to civilization. The screams and tears call for me. I am going buy a nice shotgun this time. And blow the faces straight off everyone I see. I'm also going to buy a nice new suit and red tie. Loose fitting. Got to remain casual in the workplace, right? Especially when your boss's and co-workers decapitated heads lie by your feet and the bloody, mangled corpses lie in the company aquarium.

I feel like eating a Big Mac when I get back.