[RP] Netbound: The Rebootation: Downloading Phase

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

lazyplague
Spoken languages: English

[RP] Netbound: The Rebootation: Downloading Phase

Post by lazyplague »

Hello internet junkies, and bored teenagers!
You have been invited to try out the 0M3G4 Beta, the new game that was recently announced by DaeVCorp!

Read the BELOW TEXT (Or don't, it's not needed) and then click accept to begin the download!
Spoiler : :
1. DaeVCorp is not responsible for the end of humanity as we know it.

2. Death of the Player is not insured by DaeVCorp.

3. Strange men hitting on you is not something you can sue for, don't bother trying.

4. Don't kill octopi.

5. If you read this, good for you.
>Accept

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Hello AAO! I'm sure a few of you remember the time I made a Homestuck RP out of Homestuck Fanboyism, well that's not exactly the reason this exists.
The GAME mentioned in this RP will be completely different, simpler to understand, but retaining the key features of the base.

Let's get this party started shall we?

_______________________________________________________________________________________

0M3G4 is a live action MMORPG using STATE of the ART TECHNOLOGY, which allows you to feel like you are part of the game, if you are an extremely strange person who dislikes this idea please begin slamming your head on the wall until you realize that your opinion is fairly dumb.

0M3G4 uses a class/weapon/storage system that is completely customizable and allows for intuitive gameplay.

See the below text for information on what a character's info should look like.
Spoiler : Applications :
USERNAME:
CHARACTER NAME:
CHUMHANDLE: A username you use with the PESTERCHUM application. Info can be found below.
APPEARANCE: If you don't know what you look like please go purchase a mirror.
CLASS: (Example: title of element/concept/feeling
WEAPON: (You are allowed to choose a type of weapon. EXAMPLE: Swordkind)
Storage System: (think of: Anything that can possibly store something. You can also use some sort of formula to choose your items.)
Personality: What type of character they are.

A backstory is not necessary, after all this is a game. Although you are free to add one if need be.
Biography section.
During the progress of the game, you will need to do certain things to progress.
Spoiler : Gameplay :
When you start the game, you will immediately need to connect with another player, who will guide you in your efforts to advance by manipulating your environment, and building a way to the portal that lies above your starting location.

Of course it's not that simple: You need to find an item to activate the portal, the object will be hidden in your house.
This section of the game will be played like a standard investigation game, you search around to find the object, a GM from outside the session will assist you with this phase. Please remember that this is a one time thing, you will not need to repeat this afterwards.

After you go through the portal, you will proceed to your land, which is generated randomly.
You will then proceed to fight your way through multiple types of monsters till you reach the end.

An additional feature that we believe players will enjoy is PESTERCHUM. 0M3G4's own communication service, which allows for easy interaction between players.

MORE INFO TO BE ADDED AS THE BETA IS ADDED ON TO.
Spoiler : Interaction :
Let's start with what you know, which is that Pesterchum is the way you mainly interact.

But the thing is, just chatting on pesterchum IS NOT enough, I mean really this thread would be pointless if that were the case.
Here's how you show interaction:

1.) You pester someone on Pesterchum.

2.) You then copy the log, and then post it here in a spoiler tag.

3.) You react to it and then possibly show some sort of action that will help further the plot.

4.) Do this when necessary, and when not necessary, interaction is key in this part of the RP, it helps set up future plot events in the story.
Spoiler : Rules :
1. You cannot use a weapon type other than the one you chose, unless you find a weapon card, which you can customize once.

2. Player characters cannot be battled without the consent of the other player.

3. Attacking a GM is forbidden.

4. Stealing another player's items is forbidden. If they have something you need ask nicely!

5. No forcing others into actions! That's dumb ya know.

6. Don't beg to be a GM, we won't let you be one.

7. Pesterchum Handles must be written in a way that isn't stupid, please try not to call yourself poopyButtface, that's the worst handle ever... trust me on this one.
Spoiler : PESTERCHUM INFO :
Pesterchum is an online chat client made for easy communication.
Pesterchum can be downloaded HERE: http://www.mspaforums.com/showthread.ph ... New-Thread!

Pesterchum will be used to handle communication between two or more characters, unless the characters are talking in person.
The logs containing the conversation should be posted after the conversation finishes, these can be lumped in with regular posts.

How to handle pesterchum usernames:
Pesterchum usernames are handled with two different words being combined into one.
Generally the first word is an adjective while the second is a noun.
The first letter of the first word is generally LOWERCASE, while the first letter in the second word is UPPERCASE.
Making a title like this: importantGuy.

GROUP CHAT INFO:
NETBO_OOC
NETBO_IC
With these codes you can access the group chats.
Go into Pesterchum/trollian/whatever the first option is, and click MEMOS.

From there paste one of those into the box and click JOIN.
Spoiler : Beta Players :
Matt Lockwood - GotMLK7

Tsunderella von Tsundere - I DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS STOP YELLING AT ME

Steve the Wolf - Trybien

Rin - Mono the Meerp

Natalie Natasha "Nat" Nattings - Tupac

Kamiko Izumi - Kwando1313

Walter Torami - NihilisticNinja

Rena Ryuugu - Hayao Miyazaki

Roland de Artois - Wolf Speaker

HIDDEN P?LAYYR - ????????????????

???? - Administrator
Spoiler : Maps :
Last edited by lazyplague on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:04 pm, edited 16 times in total.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Re: [RP] Netbound: The Rebootation

Post by gotMLK7 »

USERNAME: gotMLK7
CHARACTER NAME: Matt Lockwood
CHUMHANDLE: wanderingDetective (WD)
APPEARANCE:
Spoiler : IMAGES :
CLASS: Lord of Skies
WEAPON: Cuekind (Uses pool cues)
Storage System: Pocket (Pulls random items from a pocket; simple to understand but difficult to execute correctly)
Personality: Matt is an only-sane-man kind of kid, acting generally very serious in situations. However, he's also very fond of sarcasm and uses it in any conversation he finds silly or stupid. He's rather intelligent as well, and is occasionally prone to flipping out at the sheer insanity or stupidity of the scenarios he finds himself in. He's very fond of pool and detective stories.
Biography section: Matt is 13. And he likes detective stuff. And plays pool. His family's pretty normal, and he's an only child. He gets through school easily. And uh...he went to Disneyworld this one time. That was pretty interesting, I guess.
Matt's life wasn't exactly fantastical. Though he DOES get odd cases of deja vu at times, as if he's done some of this insane stuff before.

I still have Pesterchum from Netbo part 1 and still have the same handle. So yeah.
Last edited by gotMLK7 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Accepted.

Since i'm technically a big part of the RP as a character I shall post an app as well.
Spoiler : Flippity Gibbit :
USERNAME: Unknown Davective
CHARACTER NAME: ????
CHUMHANDLE: importantGuy
APPEARANCE: Currently dressed in a red hoodie, red jeans, red shoes, and wearing red heart shaped glasses. Has Brown hair, and looks super serious. LIKE DUPER DUPER SERIOUS.
CLASS: Waste of Time
WEAPON: FlailKind
Storage System: OctoKind (Lines of item pockets go in eight directions from the center, which already holds an extremely important object.
Personality: You'll see soon enough.
Last edited by lazyplague on Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
energizerspark

Post by energizerspark »

I would join this, but operating on GMT when everyone else is on American time would hamper it a bit.
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Spoiler : App :
USERNAME: I DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS STOP YELLING AT ME
CHARACTER NAME: Tsunderella von Tsundere
CHUMHANDLE: vonTsun

APPEARANCE: About what you'd expect. She has the most ridiculous twintails ever that she even uses as a storage system. She has blonde hair and blue eyes, and can be assumed to be from a really vaguely-defined country that probably doesn't exist. Tsunderella is usually wearing a Japanese school uniform despite not being Japanese for some odd reason. Said uniform has a blue-and-white colour scheme to it.

CLASS: Queen of Irritation
WEAPON: Pankind (Uses frying pans)
Storage System: Twintails (Her absolutely ridiculous twintail hair can apparently carry stuff)

Personality: Fits the "Tsundere" archetype very well, being extremely violent, and almost never shows her sweet side. If she does, expect it to last for a few moments at most. She also fits the "Yandere" archetype, being completely insane when it comes to things that she feels 'belong' to her, but that's extremely minor compared to her Tsundere side. Is more or less an over-the-top parody, but I will be taking this at least slightly seriously.

Biography: She is apparently from an upper middle class family (maybe) and finds it hard to make friends for some odd reason. Yeah. That's pretty much it.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Real Name (2024), A Silly Little Dream (hopefully late 2024 or very early 2025), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully late 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

I can't NOT accept this.
Accepted.
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

USERNAME: Trybien
CHARACTER NAME: Steve the Wolf
CHUMHANDLE: fabulousBum
APPEARANCE: Old and raggedy man who is bald and has scars all over his face.
CLASS: Bum of Booze
WEAPON: Beerkind (his seemingly endless supply of beer bottles
Storage System: Magical Box of cardboard. Holds an endless supply of needs (such as beer bottles). Only the top item (last item added) can be taken out, except the beer bottles. Beer bottles magically appear at top at will.
Personality: Steve is a very interesting character. With all his heart (and beer bottles), he believes he is a wolf inside and out. But only when he's drunk (which is 99.999999314159% of the time). When he's not drunk, he has the wickedest of hangovers and will usually go on a blind rage.

Backstory: He's a drunkard bum, who thinks hes a wolf, that's all that matters.
Last edited by Trybien on Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Since EVERYTHING works in this RP. Accepted.

But change the title to something like Bum of whatever you can think of.
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

USERNAME: Mono the Meerp
CHARACTER NAME: Rin
CHUMHANDLE: controllingOrbs (CO)
APPEARANCE:
CLASS: Soul of Boredom
WEAPON: Orbkind (technically they're only balls painted purple but hey)
Storage System: Her purse.
Personality: Always fairly bored and hard to get cheerful. Spends most of her time practicing controlling her Orbs which gets easily repetetive.
Biography: She was inside her house alot so she barely got to see the outside world. She formed an interest in juggling after sometime. That's... pretty much it. She spent most of her time on the internet.
Last edited by Mono on Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Accepted since I can't NOT ACCEPT IT.

Although there is a significant lack of a last name.
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

Last names are for losers. Rin doesn't need a last name, obviously.
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Rin for first to die once.
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Unknown Davective wrote:Since EVERYTHING works in this RP. Accepted.

But change the title to something like Bum of whatever you can think of.

Prolly just me ignorance, but can you explain what the title you are referring to?
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
Topaz
Spoken languages: English, 日本語

Post by Topaz »

USERNAME: tupac

CHARACTER NAME
: Natalie Natasha "Nat" Nattings

CHUMHANDLE: introvertedArtisan

APPEARANCE: Nat is a skinny, almost anorexic, short girl who doesn't really stand out. She has disheveled black hair which reaches her neck and covers her right eye. She rarely leaves her homes, so she always wears blue pajamas with a yellow crescent moon pattern and penguin slippers. She has thin glasses that she wears most the time. Her pajamas are covered in paint stains.

CLASS: Artist of Love

WEAPON: Brushkind (Paint brushes)

Storage System: Easel (Has to draw or paint what she wants to retrieve. The more complex the item the longer this takes.)

Personality: Nat is a shy and awkward introvert who lives to draw and paint art of her favorite characters in inappropriate situations together. Mentioning love and romance to her will set her off on a rant about her OTPs and such. Pairing up the people she knows is her hobby alongside the art and she does this at every chance she can, no matter how non-canon the pairing is.

Nat has, for a very long time, lived alone in her apartment living off of cheap food and sugary drinks. Despite this, she fails to gain any weight at all. She gets her money by sending her creations to Comiket twice a year. Not much else to say.
Last edited by Topaz on Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

@Trybien:
Well
OP wrote:(Example: One syllable title of element/concept/feeling)
@Tupac:
Accepted.