[RP] FLARP: The Roleplay

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

[RP] FLARP: The Roleplay

Post by Sleuth »

I can't believe I actually posted thisI mean HI THERE! It's me, your friendly neighborhood Sleuth, with an RP that's TOTALLY worth your time! Behold, an idea forged in only one of the most logical and holy of places, the AAO xat, comes the greatest sensation to ever sweep the nation like constipation! It's...

FLARP: The Roleplay
Commencing Nuclear Fusion Dance Now.
Questions!
(Because you probably have them.)
What is FLARP?
Spoiler : :
To understand "FLARP", we must first understand life. What is life? A question that has plagued philosophers for years. Little did those morons know, we had the answer the whole time. It's in our file. Right next to the files on Roswell and the REAL reason your nose itches. But I digress. Life. What is it? Is it FLARP? Yes it is.

But to be more precise, FLARP is the only RP thus far where you can play as someone else on this site. Yes, yes, I know, you can all barely hold back your excitement-- After all, who DOESN'T want to play the beautiful and incredibly coveted role of Shadowsleuth? Me. I don't. But alas, there can be only one. Whichever sucker lucky person jumps on a role first gets to keep it. No takebacks, no reserves. You can feel free to have fun with the role, exaggerate a bit, all for the sake of fun. Just nothing offensive. You know who I mean by that. John from New York. There's a story in there somewhere, but, eh... It's not that important.

NOTE: If you do not have consent from a user to use their likeness, you cannot use that character. If people expressly wish to not be portrayed, respect their wishes. If it gets bad, I will create a blacklist.
How do you play FLARP?
Simple. First, you sign up. How do you do so? Well, go through a few steps with me.

A) Select a user on this site that you know well.
B) That's your character.
3) You're done. Go home. And never come back.

Once you have your oh-so-creative character down, you can fit them here into this INCREDIBLY DETAILED CHARACTER APPLICATION! In all honesty, we're not asking much, as we hope that you know your character well enough to emulate them. For an added twist, feel free to gender bend them if you wish.

User Name: (Your name. It's the name you go by. If you don't know it, then just put "GO DIE SLEUTH I HATE YOU". That'll rake in the hits.)
Character Name: (Your Character's name/nickname. I know writing "The Amazing and Wonderful Shadowsleuth" every time must be hard, so feel free to just call them whatever they go by usually. Like "The Amazing and Wonderful Shadowsleuth".)
Appearance: (Their appearance, what they wear, and all that jazz. Include anything that they have on them, like things. Yeah, that explains everything. I feel proud of this.)

NOTE: If your character portrayal comes across as offensive or derogatory of the user you are portraying, then you will be kicked out of the game. Please do not use this to mock or degrade other user by posting stuff like "X went and drowned himself because he's a disgusting piece of filth that needs to die". I don't honestly think anyone will do this, but I'm just saying.

The rest you're free to determine and base off your own roles. You should have a fairly good idea of what your characters' personality and stuff is. It is recommended you have a good idea of the user's personality. But we don't care THAT much. In fact we don't care at allllll.
What's the Story?
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFT. You know what you clicked on, right? You think we have a STORY!? Frank, do we have a story? No? Yeah, I thought not. So yeah. Don't take this too seriously. We aren't all Edith Wharton, you know? We can't all be writing Ethan Frome and Henrick Ibsen! But we do have this:

Once upon a time, the members of the Order of AAO gathered in the Heart of the City. They had a conundrum. With the fall of King Unas, their world was vanishing. They needed a successor to the crown of Unas, lest their entire world vanish. But they were wary... The throne of AAOland was one of much grandeur and power. Were the wrong person to become King of Bel AAO, then the world would fall into ruin... And the site itself could be lost forever.

Who, then, is worthy to succeed the Crown of Unas? That, my friends, is where our adventure begins...
Can I join?
You poor, naive child. Prepare to be disappointed. Yes, yes you can.
Spoiler : Starring :
Wolf Speaker as Dave
TwiGav as The Amazing And Irressistably Sexy kwando1313~
Wackyman as Gumps
Sypher P4 as Chief Lunch
Bad Player as Blackruuuuuuuune
Enigma as BadPlayer
Kwando of Kwando-iness as DWaM
oh yeah and I guess credit to Jim Raynor for the original AAO RP which probably has nothing to do with this. Maybe. And also Wolf. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW.
Last edited by Sleuth on Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Re: [RP] FLARP: The Roleplay

Post by kwando1313 »

Yay. You posted this. I'm probably not going to join (Read: I can't think of anyone to RP as) but I do give anyone permission to use me as a character.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Wolf Speaker
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

Post by Wolf Speaker »

Permission given by me as well. But I'll probably be joining this. Off to hunt for agreeable subjects.
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Not giving permission to be me or joining this quite yet. Not really my kind of RP so I'll have to wait to see if it's worth being involved in.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Wolf Speaker
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

Post by Wolf Speaker »

User Name: GO DIE SLEUTH I HATE YOU
Character Name: Dave
Appearance: The prettiest being to ever exist, not exist, or partly exist. His face is indescribable. The only thing one can remember after looking at him is that his hair is fabulous. The beauty of his soul shines through his skin and basks whoever is in his presence in radiance and sparkles. He wears a beautiful dress of pale blue and white silk. A smooth, polished skull hangs at the end of a necklace of rubies on silver chain. His feet are shod in fashionable knee-length combat boots. He wears a cute straw hat decorated with a red ribbon and bow. An elegant shotgun is propped against one of his shoulders, with which he fires octopi.
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
Wackyman

Post by Wackyman »

Still getting permission from my possible candidate, but anyone can be me (though nobody will be me).
HIROSHI-SAMA IS STILL THE GREATEST.
SS Sleuth and I are the same person.
gotMLK7 fashioned the Trama picture below out of female skulls.

[3/19/14 11:31:48 PM] Ultimate Butt-Rubber (Gumpei): on the other hand you could try playing with your balls submerged in icy water
[3/19/14 11:31:51 PM] Nick (Hodou): yeah I'm thinking that's the idea.

Check out my first trial co-created with Dypo_deLina Firing up the Turnabout!
Call me Wacky.

Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Post by Gav »

User Name: DONUUUUTS oh yeah TwiGav

Character Name: The Amazing And Irressistably Sexy kwando1313~

Appearance: The Amazing and Irresisstably Sexy kwando1313~ wears no shirt revealing sexy six-packs. Yes he has two. And a pair of cooooool jeeeeeans. They're so cool, their coolness once broke down a wall. Seriously. The jeans are blue, which is cool. IN CONCLUSION, the AMAZING and IRRESSISSSSSTABLLY SEXY kwando1313~ has smooth, neck-length black hair, the face of a stereotypical teenage girl heartthrob, and sleek black dress shoes. 6 foot 3.
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

I dibs BP. I am BP. Failing that, Rune. Done. *Full thing later when I'm not pressed for time.*
Wackyman

Post by Wackyman »

App approved by Gumpei.
Spoiler : I guess I'm the one who has to bring spoiler tags back :
User Name: New grumps sucks
Character Name: Gumps (Gumpei)
Appearance (I actually don't know what actual!Gumpei looks like so here's my interpretation): Totally a girl. She has messy hair and dresses like a boy, wearing a simplistic white button down shirt with jeans. She wears a male's wrestling leotard under her clothes.

[3/19/14 11:31:48 PM] Ultimate Butt-Rubber (Gumpei): on the other hand you could try playing with your balls submerged in icy water

Call me Wacky.

LunchPolice
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Post by LunchPolice »

I give anyone permission to be me. I don't mind being poked fun at :P
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Actually... If DWaM doesn't mind, I'll play as him. Gotta ask him first.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Master Of Chaos

Post by Master Of Chaos »

Use me if you want, but if you start making me look like a Tsundere I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN, GOT IT!?
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
Wackyman

Post by Wackyman »

Master Of Chaos wrote:Use me if you want, but if you start making me look like a Tsundere I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN, GOT IT!?
So in other words, don't act like you at all?

Call me Wacky.

Sypherp4
Spoken languages: Alien

Post by Sypherp4 »

User Name: Sypher P4

Character Name: Chief Lunch

Appearance: Chief Lunch has unbelievably long hair for a male. He is sometimes mistaken for a Japanese Female by the name of Rhys. He wears a futuristic police uniform, with a shining silver emblem on his right arm to symbolise his position as Chief of his private force of Lunch-Police. He is also very fond of his red beanie, which he acquired after destroying the thieves as a reward for completing the quest: Confectionary Thief. He also obtained +3 gamer score. And 5 Microsoft points.

Description: Chief lunch has an incredibly sexy voice that does not change tone under any circumstances, when he was 15 somebody assaulted him for his chocolate. Starting a hatred towards people who willingly carry stolen forms of the compound Chocolate B-2. He carries an Enzyme Rifle that he shoots over indulgent people with. This makes them UNABLE to ever taste stolen chocolate again, it also cripples the tastebuds so everything tastes exactly the opposite of what it is. He finds out if it stolen by asking nicely. He then continues to shoot them. Lunch is EVIL. He formed a large police force called the LunchPolice and they continue his tradition of destroying chocolate thieves around the world. He is also a highly skilled ask.fm user that answers his questions by sending visuals into the viewers minds with his definitive MS paint prowess.

:takethat:
Millions of peaches, peaches for me. Millions of peaches, peaches for free.
Really just really are you merrily spinning sincerity since you ought to seek integrity.
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

I came here because I wanted to know what FLARP even stands for.... I don't think I ever found out. +1 for intrigue-building title technique?
...Interesting concept, I'm not sure I know anyone here enough to pull them off accurately, though maybe I'm just overanalyzing and going with a parodic approach would be the best course of action anyway. Not quite set on whether and as whom I'd want to join.
And if you want to play as me, permission granted.