[RP] Justice Riders: Planetary Defenders! ==INVASION==

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Re: [RP] Justice Riders: Planetary Defenders! ==INVASION==

Post by Alnar »

Diner

"That's fair. Death's only natural during war. Can't cry over every loss. Still..." Astera shook her head, it wasn't her place to get sentimental over the deaths of people she barely knew. Not right now. There was a wisdom to Django's numbness.

Her eyes followed the burger as its parts fell to the table one by one. From what she could gather, the missile threat was only the beginning. Gohra's sacrifice had only bought them time, enough time to either turn tail and run or to unleash a counterattack against the Kalcion. With Django insisting on her to follow his advice, she felt the temptation to get back on her motorbike, pick up her pet goldfish from her apartment, and migrate to Hokkaido.

Instead, she chuckled.

"Heh. They say it's wise to choose your battles..." She pauses, her face becomes serious. "But I was never good at that."

She rose from her seat, the light from the setting sun shined behind her head as she looked at Django from where she stood.

"I've already made my decision, Django."

A stream of light shoots from Astera's morpher and into her hand, forming a blaster. She shoots the burger clean off the table, burning whatever remained of it to a crisp.

She smiles.

"I've been in a funk ever since I woke up and I could use some practice to help me get out of it."
Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Post by Sleuth »

Takeshi vs Sevaline, Part 3:

Takeshi gritted his teeth under his mask, showing more distress on his usually cool face than he would if anyone could see it. His heart beat harder as sparks from their clashing weapons showered his helmet-- He couldn't hold her back forever.

He knew Riders didn't kill, and it wasn't his style to do that either. From the sound of it, his fellow Rider might know something that could stop this fighting. Even from a few seconds of combat, Takeshi could tell; Sevaline was the better fighter. Her raw strength and skill with a sword both outmatched Takeshi's own, and in a straight fight, he'd have no chance.

Should he just stop?

More, Takeshi. You need more resolve.

Takeshi looked at the raging girl. The look in her eyes as she furiously fired on the Swan mech was just like how she'd stomped and mutilated Gigi.

If she's left to go rampant, Takeshi thought, she'll only keep hurting people. I can't let that happen. I may be outmatched in a straight fight....

So I won't fight straight.

Takeshi's breathing steadied, and his usual grin popped back onto his face. His mace, trembling in his hands, now began to glow with teal blue light, charged with power.

"...I swore to the code of justice not to kill," Takeshi said to Charlotte, calmly, as if he wasn't trying to stop a teenage alien general from beheading him. "But I'm not gonna stop. I've already made up my mind..."

Takeshi then wrenched his mace towards the ground, pointing the glowing head downwards.

"...To defeat her!!" He fired, and a pulse of turquoise energy shot from the tip of the mace at the ground, creating an explosion of turquiose between them.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Sevaline Battle

Sevaline lowered her gun as Charlotte talked, but not because she was calming down. She looked absolutely furious.

"I don't believe you..." she said in a low voice. Then, she shifted to a shout. "I DON'T BELIEVE YOU! DON'T YOU DARE SPEAK HER NAME, YOU BASTARD! IF YOU HURT HER, I'LL SLAUGHTER YOUR ENTIRE GODDAMN SPECIES! DON'T YOU CALL PRIM A GODDAMN TRAITOR, AND DON'T YOU LOOK DOWN ON MEEEEEEEE!!!"

Sevaline re-revved her sword to get the chainsaw at full speed. She started to approach the Swanzord, as if intent on single-handedly destroying the Zord, but a blast from behind landed on the ground in front of her. She twisted back to look towards Takeshi again - her expression was almost animalistic in the purity of its fury.

"Don't. You. Goddamn. STOP ME."

She unholstered her blaster and started sending out a barrage of shots towards Takeshi, yet only vaguely seemed intent on aiming for him. As she fired back at him, she still slowly began moving towards the Swanzord. Her attention was divided and her shots were wanton, but she was very clearly intent on attacking that robot no matter what.

----

Diner

Django looked down at his now destroyed food. Then, he looked back up to Astera.

"Dude. Rude."
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

The Streets of Kyoto - Sevaline, Takeshi, and I

For a brief, yet overwhelming moment, Charlotte considered giving up and using force. She would avoid lethal force, but she was seriously wondering if the best way to handle this wasn't to knock out both Takeshi and Sevaline, then figure things out afterwards. This only seemed like anywhere approaching a decent plan if she didn't think about it. It didn't matter HOW careful she was, she couldn't risk accidentally killing either of them or severely injuring either. Takeshi seemed like he was trying to do the right thing, and Charlotte didn't want to break Prim's trust. So that option was immediately discarded.

... This wasn't good, though. Charlotte considered the scene in front of her. Takeshi seemed to be a skilled fighter, but Sevaline was likely the stronger of the two. So there was a strong chance that Takeshi could die if Charlotte messed things up. The fights she'd been a part of had already claimed too many lives, so she was desperate to save their lives, even if she failed elsewhere. On the other hand, Sevaline's attention was clearly split. That was dangerous in a fight. It didn't matter how wide their skill gap was if Takeshi was still skilled enough to take advantage of a distraction: If Sevaline got TOO distracted, Charlotte could easily imagine a scenario where Takeshi would be able to end the fight in his favor, and in Sevaline's death. She couldn't allow either outcome.

Right. She needed to pick her words carefully. It was too late to try a strategy that didn't involve bringing Prim up in some way. So...

"Ask yourself this. Do you truly believe that I would bring up Prim if she wasn't safe? What benefit would I possibly get from enraging you for no reason? If she was a hostage, there are other ways I could have approached this."
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Takeshi vs Sevaline, Part 4:

Sevaline fired on Takeshi like a storm, but the Turquoise Rider was ready. Last time, this had been when his Morpher had given out-- When he'd wound up helpless to watch. That wouldn't happen again.

Takeshi, rather than run, began to charge towards Sevaline, arms crossed in front of him-- they were suddenly engulfed by a blue light that quickly solidified into an equally blue carapace around his arms, hardening into spiked armor.

The armor absorbed the laser blasts, bouncing them off as he approached-- Then, once he was close enough, Takeshi dispelled the armor, the shell crumbling away like an acrid fossil. He drew his mace and trusty katana, one in each hand, and began to swing at her with both, pressing his dual weapon advantage.

"So, Prim, huh?" He bantered, "She a friend of yours? She sounds nice."
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Diner

Astera smirked at Django as she lowers her blaster. "I can think of ruder things. Like invading a planet."

She takes slow steps as she exists her booth, keeping her eyes locked on Django. "We're both side characters to a story bigger than what we care for." As Astera speaks, she takes off her biker jacket and her gloves, leaving them on the diner's central counter. She continues to walk, almost circling the Kalcion from where she had sat. She pulls down her sleeve and reveals the morpher around her wrist.

"The least I can do is acknowledge your presence." Without ceremony or flair, her morpher shines and she transforms into her Rider form, donning a set of light armor bearing her iconic blue color. Though it was part of the Rider's Code to conceal one's identity, Astera's visor was raised above her head, keeping her face in full view. There was no point in hiding who she was here. Django had already seen her and tt's not like anyone else was around to see. She came to a stop to face the general, unsheathing her blade and holding it ready. Though it was the same size of a claymore, she easily held her sword in one hand.

"Django Lox, I challenge you to a duel!"

Astera dashes towards Django and swings her blade at the Kalcion with a horizontal slash.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Sevaline Battle

Sevaline seemed unfazed by Charlotte's words. Her attempts at logic weren't breaking through as the general made her stride towards the Zord.

"I'll kill you...I'll KILL you...I'll-"

Sevaline suddenly turned her attention back to Takeshi, as the Turquoise Rider made his advance. She swung her blade back at him, deflecting his mace. However, she didn't catch the katana, and the edge of the blade tore through her jumpsuit and cut her in the shoulder.

As her blood splashed out from the shallow cut, a burst of black smoke blasted out from the wound.

"I'LL KILL YOU ALL!"

Sevaline pointed her blade at Takeshi, holstered her pistol, and used her now free hand to hold onto her wound. "Not yet...Not until I can wipe them all out at once...!" Even saying that, the black smoke associated with the release of the Titan Trigger billowed out from beneath her hand, suggesting she was already at the limits of her mental fortitude.

"Just DIE ALREADY, DAMN YOU!" She lunged forth with the Ripjaw mk.II, aiming for Takeshi's stomach to impale him, similar to how she had previously impaled GiGi.

----

Diner

Up until the moment that the Cornflower Rider's blade approached his face, Django was unflinching, his face tired and apathetic. The moment it got within a foot of his head, however, his expression grew hard. He clicked something on his sheath.

Suddenly, in an instant too fast to properly see, Django's blade blocked Astera's. Django was holding it with a reverse grip, seemingly spending no effort on blocking the attack.

"Now, come on," he said. "You don't really wanna do this, do you? I have no problem just sitting around, minding my own business." He gave Astera a commanding glare, like a drill sergeant gives a new recruit. "Get the hell out of here, I don't feel like doing any killing today."
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Diner

Their blades clashed, locking in place as both sides refused to give way. The way the ex-General's expression changed in that split second instant was telling of the Kalcion's nature. Astera kept her eyes focused on her opponent, rather than the weapon he held. She kept her sword locked with his, her arm slightly bent to allow herself to react to any change in movement. She returned Django's stern gaze with her own unwavering stare.

"I-Is that supposed to scare me?" She says, biting her cheek as her stutter kicked in. The pressure was on now. The opponent offered her an out, but tension had already been set; there was no turning back for her. Astera had strengthened her resolve. "I don't think anyone wakes up wanting to kill. Y-Yet here we are."

Despite her stutter, Astera's words were delivered with an unshakeable confidence.

"But like I said, I could use something to get me out of this funk I'm in!" She yells as she slides her blade across Django's katana, drawing it in as she reached the hilt to swing her blade around, keeping her guard up as she brings her sword down for an overhead strike.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Diner

As Astera rose the sword above her head, she didn't even have the chance to bring it down.

With a seeming flick of the wrist, Django was suddenly holding his blade in a forward grip. He lunged the tip of the blade up towards Astera's, pushing the thin tip of the blade against Astera's significantly larger sword. It looked to be barely doing much at all, and yet the force was enough to prevent Astera from swinging down altogether.

"This is suuuuuch a hassle," he sighed, standing up as he gently pushed Astera's sword further back. "I'm super not interested in this, girl. You know what a bad idea this is, right? It's inconvenient for everyone involved."

He glared at the Cornflower Rider with his one good eye. "So why are you so insistent on it?"

Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Diner

"Self-interest." She responds bluntly, holding her blade steady against Django's push. She used the the strength of one arm to hold the blade while keeping her free hand ready on the hilt. "I-It's better than wallowing in my own misery. You gonna kill me for it?"

For a man past his prime, Django had a lot more strength than he let on. That much was evident in the disparity between the effort the two of them were exerting in this fight. Even the Kalcion's attitude was casual in the face of combat. Yet there was a dissonance in Django's laidback nature and the effortless skill he showed with his blade.

"Do we need more than our own desires as a reason? We're both here by choice." She says, her stance unwavering. With a twist of her wrist she turns her blade so the tip of Django's katana goes through and she immediately shifts the weight of her blade to her left hand.

In that short click, the weight of both Django's katana and Astera's claymore increased drastically, following the shift in the movement of her blade as she parried it down towards the side. The Cornflower Rider seamlessly follows up by lunging at Django, closing their distance and throwing a heavy right hook toward his face.
GuardianDreamer

The Streets of Kyoto - Sevaline, Takeshi, Charlotte

Charlotte recognized what was happening to Sevaline. How could she not? Even if Gohra hadn't left such an impactful image upon his death, Charlotte had also seen Vallick go through something much similar. She had to imagine they weren't the only ones, though they were the ones that Charlotte was around to see.

She stopped thinking about what words she could use as soon as she saw Sevaline charge at Takeshi with a powerful attack. Takeshi had already managed to injure Sevaline and a new possibility dawned to her that they could end up killing each other if she wasn't careful.

"Stop this at once! Both of you!" Charlotte didn't even have to think about what to do. She placed the Swanzord's feathers between Sevaline and Takeshi, taking the hit from Sevaline and trying to prevent the two from killing each other, if only for a precious moment. It was strange. She had never considered herself the type to take hits she didn't need to. Her fighting style more often involved avoiding hits. But there was a strong difference between what a Zord could do and what a regular fighter could do. All while she blocked Sevaline's blow to Takeshi, she completely missed the context behind the move that Takeshi surely would have picked up on.

Charlotte looked at Sevaline again. She couldn't get overconfident. If Sevaline entered her Titan form, this advantage wouldn't matter.

One more time. She was running out of options.

"Prim doesn't want this!"
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Make My Life Worse
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Takeshi vs Sevaline, Part 5:

Takeshi had been preparing for a stabbing attack-- As if he could forget seeing her use that move before. But before he could prepare to counter it, the wing of the Swanzord slammed down between them, stopping the attack.

That wouldn't be enough to end it, though. This girl was a threat as long as she could still fight. Takeshi had already made up his mind. No going back now.

Turquoise sheathed his katana and jumped onto the Swanzord's wing, pulling himself up it with his enhanced power until he stood atop it, looking down on Sevaline.

"Smoking's bad for your health you know!" He cried, two-handing his mace as he sprung from the top of the mechanical wing, swinging downwards at Sevaline.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Diner

Django was visibly shocked when he sword suddenly increased in weight. However, he didn't waste his time readjusting. Django grabbed the handle with his second hand, now gripping the sword as if it were a heavier broadsword. His footing shifted to compensate for the heavier weapon. Though the shift was unexpected, he seemed used to carrying heavy weaponry, and he adjusted within the span of Astera's move to his new weapon style.

However, with a seemingly slower combat style, his previously invisible moves were far more visible now.

With a click of a hidden button on its handle, Django's sword suddenly changed. The blade retracted into the handle itself...and came out from a slot on the opposite end. The handle itself seemed to have a hollow chamber, and the blade had two identical sharp ends on either side - with a click, Django could be holding the sword in forward grip or reverse grip within an instant.

Returning to a reverse grip now, Django angled his sword against Astera's incoming fist. The flat of the blade intersected her right hook - harmless to her, and not exactly the strongest of shields, but enough of a block for Django to be able to take a short leap back awaty from Astera. He returned the blade to a forward grip and grinned.

"Hey now, I'm not miserable at all!" Django said. "If anything, I'm havin' a blast in retirement. Don't gotta fight or do anything but eat all day. Course, now our chef is gone, and now I'm fighting in self-defense, so I guess work really does follow you to the grave." He took a defensive stance, awaiting Astera's next move. Yet despite being on the defensive, he was starting to exude confidence.

----

Sevaline Battle

Sevaline turned back towards the Swanzord again upon hearing Charlotte's words.

"What the hell...do you know?"

Sevaline swung her sword angrily in the air. Her demeanor was almost starting to resemble a temper tantrum.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU KNOOOOOW?!"

Sevaline made a mad dash towards the Swanzord, scraping the end of her sword against the pavement as she ran and sending up a trail of smoke and sparks behind her. Incidentally, she seemed to lose all interest or memory of Takeshi in that instance - by the time he was leaping down at her, she had already began running out of his range, leaving nobody there to hit.

"I'LL KILL YOU!" she cried. "I'LL KILL YOU GODDAMMIT!"

GuardianDreamer

Streets of Kyoto - Trails in the Sky

Charlotte had to admit that if she wasn't in the Zord, Sevaline's anger likely would have gotten to her more. But that would also have required her to not remember what Prim said before. It was completely illogical to not feel some sort of fear towards Sevaline at this point, but she couldn't bring herself to be afraid. Not when she remembered Prim's words when referring to her. Besides, it was extremely difficult to be scared of someone who she had mostly heard be called 'Sevy' in the past.

Still, it wasn't like Sevaline was a mind reader.

"Have you ever actually killed before? Perhaps I'm out of line, but you don't have those eyes. And I hope you never do, especially for her sake..." Charlotte said. She then raised her Zord's wings, and... Flew much higher than Sevaline could possibly hope to reach. While Sevaline and Takeshi had already looked small before, they now seemed even more distant.

Well, she would need to come down soon.

She did not come down.

Unbeknownst to either of them, Charlotte Swan's expression had changed. She had a sort of half-smirk, self-deprecating and like she had just thought of a particularly funny memory. It was entirely unfitting for the battle she was technically in.

Charlotte started flying away, without any explanation given to Sevaline or Takeshi, until Takeshi received a quick message on his helmet. As soon as he responded, Charlotte gave a quick message, and then immediately shut down the communication. "Turquoise. I don't know what Sevaline did to you. But there is someone who values her life and whose optimism I have no desire to break. Please, give us a chance to end this without bloodshed. At least wait until my guest arrives so you can see how she sees Sevaline. ... Well, I'm ending this communication now. Please delay her as long as you can. I need to find that lovestruck girl before it's too late..."

And so, with Takeshi as the only one who had any idea what her plan was, Charlotte started flying around the nearby radio towers, trying to see if she couldn't find Prim somewhere. While she did this, she tried multiple random frequencies on her Zord, as if hoping Prim would be on one of them.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Takeshi vs Sevaline, Part 6:

Takeshi's mace struck the earth with a heavy crack, splitting the ground beneath it. Surely, it would have been a devastating blow had it landed anywhere near its target. Fortunately for the Turquoise Rider, the attack wasn't completely wasted, as his mace now hummed with energy absorbed from the shock.

Suddenly, Charlotte's message echoed in his helmet, asking him again to not kill her.

"Wait, we can talk with these things??" Takeshi realized, suddenly feeling pretty foolish. "Hey hold on, how do I call for backup--"

But before he could figure out how to respond, the Swanzord up and took off, leaving him alone with the furious Sevaline.

"Oh, thanks-- Piss her off, then leave me here to deal with that." Takeshi groaned, gripping his mace grimly as he returned to a fighting stance.

"Hope she doesn't take long..." Takeshi muttered to himself.