Music into Characters

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Koopakirby
Spoken languages: English

Music into Characters

Post by Koopakirby »

Hello and welcome to a little writing experiment I've devised. One thing we can agree on regarding AAO is that the trials on display here often rely heavily on custom music. Whether it be a dramatic moment, custom sounds, or a character theme; custom music is a big part of the website and the trials on it. Character Themes are undoubtedly important; even present in the main series. A character theme is undoubtedly very expressive; the right theme can tell you all about a character from the get-go. Which is why this little experiment/game will deal with the elegance that is character themes.

How to play
-Poster A will post a piece of music. It can be a YouTube link or link to any other source of music.
-Poster B then will then either give a brief or a fairly in-depth description of the kind of character the music would fit. You can fit the character into an AA or AAO RP setting, but this isn't required.
-Poster B will then post their own song, and the cycle will be renewed.

I have no guidelines other than that other than to please keep it to an appropriate level when regarding characters AND music being posted. My purpose in creating this topic is to create an exercise in coming up with interesting characters and even serve as a sort of textless version of the "Random Chars" topic in the Art forum. However, if anyone is uncomfortable with any characters they come up with being used in that manner, please clarify so in the post.

Without any further ado, here is the first piece of music.
Please play my trial series: Layers of Truth!
It contains my featured trial, Reinstate the Turnabout! Part 1 / Part 2
Heeeeey! Pinkie Pie here! Just asking for you to please check out Ask Pinkie Pie! It'll be a real party! I promise!
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Re: Music into Characters

Post by gotMLK7 »

I get a very quirky feel from this song. I'm imagining a very upbeat character that might not always make sense. Definitely a lighthearted person, perhaps a jokester of sorts, but not completely incompetent given the somewhat triumphant nature of the song. I imagine them having a sort of quirky talent or hobby or profession, too, for some reason; I'd imagine a magician or an artist or a jester with this kind of music. So basically, lighthearted and quirky person with odd talents.

Now to cheat and post a boss theme (though it can be used better for other characters anyway, to be honest...)
Red Sun (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance)
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Sami-Fire

Post by Sami-Fire »

The intro gives me a vision of a real hotshot tough guy. Sunglasses, motorcycle, maybe cigarettes... Actually, design-wise, a guy like Agent Lang could fit (but only design-wise. I don't know anything about him personality-wise). He could be a witness or even an attorney if you want to stretch the limits a little bit. I can see him actually being a likable character; I think his archetype would be the Boisterous Bruiser? He's loud, he's proud, and he wants everyone to know it.

Now, for my song. I think it's less difficult than the other song I had in mind. :'D
Here, there, back again. ahih=makyan;
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

A feeling of a man fighting for justice against all who threaten peace envelopes myself.

In the depths of the darkest shadows of Tokyo, one man is dreaded by evildoers and brings them vigilante justice. It may be no bird or plane, but he is Crystal Truth, the light that stands up for those in need. Though his methods may be questionable, he stands as a symbol of hope for the weak and oppressed as you real life 'super hero'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3pJom2Z ... 5AEEBF013D
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
Sami-Fire

Post by Sami-Fire »

@Trybien: I see a very hoity-toity sort of person, most likely a noblewoman. I'm thinking big poofy dress, fan, "Ohohoho!" laugh semi-optional. She might secretly be evil or the wife of someone who is evil, but no one would be able to tell at first. Very snooty. Dislikes "commoners."

This song is too awesome to pass up. Have fun with it.
Here, there, back again. ahih=makyan;
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

I'm seeing a really heroic kind of guy. Passionate about stopping evil and ready to take on anything. Definitely some kind of superhero or superhero-like figure. I kinda see someone like Kamina from Gurren Lagann in my head, actually. That kind of optimistic hero guy who will kick the butts of any villain they find. Actually...I might start using this for JR, because I get serious JUSTICE feels from it.

This one should be fun.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

I think... some kind of boss who runs, say, a night club. Completely evil and amoral. You know, the kind of guy who snaps his fingers and his servants rush up to serve him. Cool but also hammy, to top it off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxxLMBMo_Po
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Ah yes, here comes the most talented Latino waiter in the world. Very passionate his job, he pulls of sick acrobatic moves around his place of establishment dishing out amazing meals whilst cooking at the same time. He is a legend among all waiters and many aspire to be like him. He once even stopped a robbery using cold hard Gazpacho!

http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v= ... w&index=37
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

I imagine that would be Russel Berry's theme. The exuberant boss who can really afford to treat his employees well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKAp3x5Wcvs
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

I picture a psychic, doing some kind of show or demonstration. He sees that you have a goldfish plotting world domination, and that it would be best to contact the authorities upon arriving home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szby_3IkA4c
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Sligneris
Spoken languages: English, Polish

Post by Sligneris »

My mind immediately says: a fighter. Very proud and passionate about his job, often forgetting that he isn't on the ring. Maybe Amazing Nine-Tails rival of sorts? :D ...Nah, don't think so. That one wouldn't be monster-themed. ...Or maybe he would. Werewolf or wampire, maybe?

Hehe. Take care of this nice theme of mine, okay? I have a very specific use for it, by the way, yet I am not sure whether I actually execute it.
OrderOfTheNick
Spoken languages: English,Hungarian

Post by OrderOfTheNick »

This is for a character who's probably either very evil, very powerful, or maybe both. I could imagine it playing either when this character displays their evilness/power and if it's a trial, in the final part of the case where you have to prove everything.

Here's mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xA0C4wHdpM
I made Turnabout in the Two Towers, the winner of the Method in the Madness case competition.
DarthWiader
Spoken languages: Polish, English

Post by DarthWiader »

A con-man with a mannerisms similiar to the Happy Mask Salesman from Zelda. Kinda goofy. I don't really know how to describe it.

Here's mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_xHgJO66to
I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.
— Stanisław Lem
Sligneris
Spoken languages: English, Polish

Post by Sligneris »

Hmm... I kind feel it would be a cold characters, but maybe also somehow conflicted in a way? I kind of sense something "futuristic" about this melody. Perhaps an android, or something like that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSGOj5-PnJA
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

I kinda think of a young female samurai. It's fast-paced and kind of full of youth, with a classic Japanese flare to it. Definitely a heroic character, or at least someone who believes passionately in their ideals. I kinda have a vision of having a duel of equals with this person on the roof of a dojo at sunset.

...I'm weirdly specific in this thread.

Stop Hanging DJs