Music into Characters

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Acid Rain
Spoken languages: English, Canadian Redneck English

Re: Music into Characters

Post by Acid Rain »

With those disjointed, metallic, grinding sounds playing constantly in the background, I get a really vivid image of some kind of broken and/or abandoned robot, especially in conjunction with that music-box-esque melody. However there's a lot of tension and action being conveyed here, too.

In the end, the character I get from this song is a robot who has become autonomous in some way. Condemned by it's creators, it flees for it's "life", while trying to find what "life" really is.

Yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgQQ3m1Da14

rip less cool ttt banner
Twilight Wright
Spoken languages: English

Post by Twilight Wright »

This character...pffffffffffffffff is he/she complicated. Angsty, too.

From the intro, I get the feeling that he/she walks alone on stormy nights, anime-style. The blips and the bleeps suggest a futuristic character, an anti-hero who stands between both good and evil. He/she doubts himself on a regular basis, but other people look up to him/her and encourage him. He/she is not perfect, but he/she gets things done. He/she keeps their hands in their pockets on a frequent basis.

When I think about his/her appearance, I see an action hero--
Spoiler : (Exactly how I see him/her--you may not want to read this, to prevent from ruining your mental image) :
long, sweeping, olive-green coat, black buttoned shirt/black v-neck with luminescent, neon patterns; futuristic black pants/pants modeled after the neon shirt; slick, dark shoes. If he/she had a weapon, it would either be a pair of flashy, neon pistols that fire lasers, or a giant, fold-able sword. Of course, if he/she was in an AA game, I'd say that he/she is probably a troubled attorney/troubled assistant.
...I think I might use this character in a story of mine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqLwKPrm6Vk
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Definitely a big evil leader guy, like a final boss. I know it's Marluxia's theme and he's kinda that, but I imagine someone a bit different. Someone mysterious that's very formal and sp[histicated yet threatening in his nature. Someone wearing black met in a large mansion with like a huge instrument in the back. Someone that's in a position of power of some sorts. That, or the butler of someone in a big position of power, acting as the final bodyguard before the big boss. I imagine him drinking tea or wine before the battle, then breaking the glass on the ground as he pulls out his weapon to challenge you. Someone who sees you as a threat and not a mere instinct, and takes the battle seriously. Someone clearly more powerful than you that provides a huge challenge. Someone who dies respecting you for your victory. Overall, a very gentlemanly but intimidating man. With a deep voice. Needs a deep voice.

You Are My Hope
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Twilight Wright

gotMLK7 wrote:Definitely a big evil leader guy, like a final boss. I know it's Marluxia's theme and he's kinda that, but I imagine someone a bit different. Someone mysterious that's very formal and sp[histicated yet threatening in his nature. Someone wearing black met in a large mansion with like a huge instrument in the back. Someone that's in a position of power of some sorts. That, or the butler of someone in a big position of power, acting as the final bodyguard before the big boss. I imagine him drinking tea or wine before the battle, then breaking the glass on the ground as he pulls out his weapon to challenge you. Someone who sees you as a threat and not a mere instinct, and takes the battle seriously. Someone clearly more powerful than you that provides a huge challenge. Someone who dies respecting you for your victory. Overall, a very gentlemanly but intimidating man. With a deep voice. Needs a deep voice.

You Are My Hope
(Oh, geez. Yours was 9000 times better than mine.

2 things:

You just described :dekiller:, you know that, right? In an attempt to silence the truth, deKiller attacks Edgeworth, and Edgeworth must use his shotgun and his rapier to leave deKiller Mansion alive. Once the battle is over, deKiller reveals that an associate of his has taken the kidnapped Kay Faraday to Borschwinn Bridge, where they will set off a bomb, destroying-- *shot*

As for this guy's name, I'd call him Johnson. I can see him calmly sitting in a chair in front of the final boss's hideout, drinking red wine, slowly and eloquently giving a monologue on the futility of your ventures. "Those who do not work for my liege shall be crushed, crushed like the vermin they are--pardon the expression, good sir." When he's done, he calmly sets down his wine glass in front of him, gets to his feet, calmly shatters the glass by stepping on it, then pulls out a giant sword/pistol/ride-on monster, or whatever his weapon is.)

The vibe I get from this video is someone like Sailor Moon: an anime girl who uses her bear-tooth necklace to transform into the Defender of Nature, Goldenrod, vanquishing foes with Birchwood Scepter of Aboismille Forest.

Either that, or some sort of Goku-like fighter...I'mma outta ideaz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPYi6W3K ... BCCBA76B61
OrderOfTheNick
Spoken languages: English,Hungarian

Post by OrderOfTheNick »

Twilight Wright wrote:
gotMLK7 wrote:Definitely a big evil leader guy, like a final boss. I know it's Marluxia's theme and he's kinda that, but I imagine someone a bit different. Someone mysterious that's very formal and sp[histicated yet threatening in his nature. Someone wearing black met in a large mansion with like a huge instrument in the back. Someone that's in a position of power of some sorts. That, or the butler of someone in a big position of power, acting as the final bodyguard before the big boss. I imagine him drinking tea or wine before the battle, then breaking the glass on the ground as he pulls out his weapon to challenge you. Someone who sees you as a threat and not a mere instinct, and takes the battle seriously. Someone clearly more powerful than you that provides a huge challenge. Someone who dies respecting you for your victory. Overall, a very gentlemanly but intimidating man. With a deep voice. Needs a deep voice.

You Are My Hope
(Oh, geez. Yours was 9000 times better than mine.

2 things:

You just described :dekiller:, you know that, right? In an attempt to silence the truth, deKiller attacks Edgeworth, and Edgeworth must use his shotgun and his rapier to leave deKiller Mansion alive. Once the battle is over, deKiller reveals that an associate of his has taken the kidnapped Kay Faraday to Borschwinn Bridge, where they will set off a bomb, destroying-- *shot*

As for this guy's name, I'd call him Johnson. I can see him calmly sitting in a chair in front of the final boss's hideout, drinking red wine, slowly and eloquently giving a monologue on the futility of your ventures. "Those who do not work for my liege shall be crushed, crushed like the vermin they are--pardon the expression, good sir." When he's done, he calmly sets down his wine glass in front of him, gets to his feet, calmly shatters the glass by stepping on it, then pulls out a giant sword/pistol/ride-on monster, or whatever his weapon is.)

The vibe I get from this video is someone like Sailor Moon: an anime girl who uses her bear-tooth necklace to transform into the Defender of Nature, Goldenrod, vanquishing foes with Birchwood Scepter of Aboismille Forest.
Either that, or some sort of Goku-like fighter...I'mma outta ideaz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPYi6W3K ... BCCBA76B61
That's a tough one. It's a song that would fit better as a music for starting an adventure, rather than music for a character.
If it was used for a character, I'd imagine someone who goes on adventures. Like... a girl who rides a horse and explores the land. She loves just...being outside, under the sky, in the fields, forests and finding new places. She's always full of energy. She lives far from any major towns/cities, in the middle of nowhere.
I can just imagine the guy from the city meeting her and not being able to keep up with her. :)

Now, this is one that I can't really figure out:"Urban Pursuit"I find it really funny that this game has three songs named "Pursuit" and none of them could be used as a pursuit theme XP
I made Turnabout in the Two Towers, the winner of the Method in the Madness case competition.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Oh this is definitely a comic relief character theme of some sort. I imagine this character being one of the protagonist's friends that always gets into silly hijinks. He's a big talker and alway has a silly scheme in mind for anything. He'd be a good pal to have, but one who'd always get you in trouble, and one who'd try to talk himself out of any situation. I imagine he'd be the kind of guy to have get-rich-quick schemes a la Ed Edd and Eddy, and his silly antics would always go wrong and would end in disaster before he goes, "Oh well, better luck next time!"

Stardust Speedway
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Twilight Wright

gotMLK7 wrote:Oh this is definitely a comic relief character theme of some sort. I imagine this character being one of the protagonist's friends that always gets into silly hijinks. He's a big talker and alway has a silly scheme in mind for anything. He'd be a good pal to have, but one who'd always get you in trouble, and one who'd try to talk himself out of any situation. I imagine he'd be the kind of guy to have get-rich-quick schemes a la Ed Edd and Eddy, and his silly antics would always go wrong and would end in disaster before he goes, "Oh well, better luck next time!"

Stardust Speedway
Okay, I'm going to either go with fashion star, pop artist, or a dancer of some sort. Whatever their profession, they're always wearing something gaudy and garish, with their hair up in an elaborate, tie-dyed fraud of a mop. They like pointing and using cliche catchphrases, but they're actually pretty good at their job, and will spend time with any of their fans...so long as they have name-brand, designer clothing on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svyczBjG42ASorry for using such obvious songs...
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

For this one I see a supervillain with a large confusing lair, some sort of mad artist, perhaps with reality-warping powers and a giant paintbrush as a weapon, fighting you in a room that's one massive optical illusion, constantly defying the laws of physics.

Might use this character in a story some day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFpUt1Ywcok
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Twilight Wright

This has GOT to be somebody like the Punisher from WWE. He's like, an enormous leather-clad villain, with spke-studded boots, a giant flaming chain that he swings around, and has his own demonic dragon that he rides like a motorcycle..or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkUvCSfW-NU I like video gaemz...
DLA

Post by DLA »

This one has to be someone overly excitable, like some kind of children's show host or birthday party entertainer, who always has a smile on their face and a joke to tell, no matter how grim the circumstances may seem. They like to cheer people up, even if they don't need cheering up, and because of this can sometimes come off as a bit annoying, but they are a loyal friend to everyone they meet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWXACG5Ct4Y
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

A moustachioed, aging bartender who runs an old timey pub near Global Studios. Most of his long-time pubgoers are monster movie actors who come in between takes in full costume to grab a bite to eat. He decorates the place with spiderwebs, both fake and real, and keeps a harpsichord in the back instead of a piano. When a jaunty mood strikes him, which is often, he has his assistant make the drinks and ambles over to the harpsichord to bang out some Gothic ragtime. Despite this show of jocundity, he secretly wishes he could have made it as an actor himself - he lost his job years ago after a studio accident.

Though he can quote Frankenstein and Dracula in entirety from memory, he's also well-versed in Westerns and even stage classics.

Now, although the bartender laces his speech with morbid puns and vaguely references to the Ars Goetia, he loves his rebellious son (a Sunday School teacher) dearly. He's more like an Addam's Family character than a villain. But his appearance is against him when he's framed for the poisoning of a patron.

Ducktales, The Moon, Remastered
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
Acid Rain
Spoken languages: English, Canadian Redneck English

Post by Acid Rain »

An ordinary fellow who works a normal job with normal friends with whom he shares normal interests. But at night he dons his crappy homemade superhero duds (decorated with stars and planets I would imagine) and sets off to fight crime. He has no superpowers and little combat experience, but since he's actually assisted in the arrest of one or two petty criminals during his escapades, he is convinced he is the real deal. He often gets in way too over his head--having the snot kicked out of him on multiple occasions--and is well-known around his town as being both an urban legend and a laughing stock. Also, he doesn't realize it, but his star-spangled alter ego is actually wanted on charges of assault, trespassing and destruction of property. Overall he is kind of a nutjob.
(Obviously this theme applies only to the superhero aspect of this character.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOo9Zmia8Xc

rip less cool ttt banner
DLA

Post by DLA »

For this one I see some sort of private detective with a trenchcoat, who is very shadowy in his actions, trailing his suspect without them noticing, then making them reveal the information he needs by speaking to them in a very calm yet threatening voice. He's not afraid to use more extreme methods of retrieving information if he has to. He's wanted by the police for the murder of several suspects in his cases, though it's unlikely they'll find him as he never stays in one place very long, constantly traveling to avoid capture and seek new work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M84KjmYjtUg
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Based on the cat noises, the title, and what followed, I am now going to say...

A cross between Cruella de Vil, Sweeney Todd, and Trollface.

The candy machine man smiles all the time, but nobody knows why. Is it a private joke? Is he just crazy?

He smiles because he steals people's pets in the night, tosses them into a monstrous steampunk engine, and cackles as the erstwhile kittens and puppies are swiftly converted into delicious candy.

This candy, shaped like adorable cartoonish cats and dogs, is a perennial favorite for its fluffiness and sweetness. "It's because every piece is filled with love," says the candy machine man. Sometimes he'll offer a whole bag of his candy to children who have recently lost a beloved pet. "I am sure Fluffy is in a better place," he remarks as the grief-struck child eats his fill of the wonderful confection.

The candy machine man smiles all the time, but nobody knows why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c1oy6Oze9U
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Let's see....The orchestration hints at some form of refinement, like a gentleman. The march-like tune of the Angry Birds theme is reminiscent of the military, but its higher tempo suggests something quirkier...

This song is the theme for an eccentric military commander. He acts refined and is rather courteous. Almost too courteous, really. For a military commander in charge of training new recruits, his methods are seen as utterly bizarre by most. He's polite with trainees where the common drill sergeant would chew their heads off. However, he's still respected, despite his rather bizarre ways of looking at life and at war. I can picture this man arriving to greet the new recruits at a snowy military base and bowing to them as if it were a fancy party. He would be polite to them as they all give him odd looks and confused glances, expecting someone that would sooner kill them than be polite to them. He would reassure them and give them a nice speech before laughing heartily and giving them orders like a teacher gives his students. When they fail on the training course and apologize profusely, it's a pat on the back and a "You tried your hardest, buddy". Of course, it's his relaxed and polite demeanor that helps him get the soldiers self-motivated when they start feeling their training is ineffective, and is what weeds out the soldiers that truly care about doing their best and the slackers. Once he's determined that these soldiers actually do care for what they're doing, the real vigorous training begins. He also might have a Russian accent of some kind but that's more because the song reminds me of another one that was in Russian.

Libera Me From Hell (ROW ROW, FIGHT THE POWER!)