Super Dangan Ronpa 0.2 [OOC] (New Chapter!)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Are you in favor of the new system? (Players only please)

Yes
46%
Neutral (I don't mind)
31%
No
23%

Total votes: 13

Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Re: Super Dangan Ronpa 0.2 [OOC] (New Chapter!)

Post by Blackrune »

Well, time for some final notes, I guess. Just what I remember right now. Disclaimer: I'm only speaking for myself here, Fury might've had a completely different idea what these were supposed to be about.
Spoiler : some twins stuff :
I remember that I came up with 'twins' before we came up with their individual SHSLs. It sounded interesting to join this with essentially two characters that already knew each other.
Ultimately, this came with unique advantages and disadvantages. Like... we were able to more easily plan certain stuff in advance (those time when we posted quickly in tandem, for example) but we were obviously also kind of more dependent on each other.

The open secret of their actual SHSLs might have made it obvious that they were definitely not meant to be upstanding citizens. I initially just figured they'd be playing pranks and suggest silly games and whatnot. They were supposed to be quite playful in nature.
Basically characters that create conflict and shake things up. Did that go as planned? Well, the whole gun thing went much further than we thought it would, and throughout the RP the twins always had SOME sort of secret plan going on. (yeah... they did steal the axe after all.)

Killer/victim/survivor? I intended to be flexible. We didn't expect to both get to the end, that's for sure. Twins also happen to be a pretty useful tool in murder mysteries. (...this is not entirely coincidence, of course) So I was hoping we'd be involved in one as the victims, for a confusing twin-double murder! (we had actually announced our willingness to be victims to the GMs a few months ago, and had planned to look extremely suspicious this chapter only to then turn out dead.) Murderer was a bit tricky, as we designed them so they cared about each other enough they wouldn't abandon the other one, so the rules of only one person getting out kind of put a restriction on that. They were twins that had known each other for their entire life already, that's a bit different from abandoning the strangers you've met on a ship. For a long time I settled for turning my Ryuunosuke into a killer if Fury's ever died. By the end, as things were looking bleak for both of us turning into the next victims due to several inactive players being a better choice, I had actually come up with some creative ways to get around this limitation, even came up with a way where I'd kill Fury's Ryuunosuke in quite the tragic twist of fate.
As for how they were supposed to act in investigations, well... just like their pistols turned out to not be actual pistols, the purpose has always been to look way too suspicious and then turning out to not be the killer. (as our SHSLs and demeanor already made us look like obvious early case killers or something. I quite liked how the murders ended up being locked rooms, that always makes me suspicious because meta-reasoning is best reasoning.)
Extending on that, my Ryuunosuke was also supposed to not really be that helpful during trials, being more of a suspicious guy that argues against every possibility. (when in reality, he was just playing devil's advocate to manipulate others into taking care of solving the case for him.) ...but with how difficult it turned out to be to actually finish a trial, I mostly gave up on the obnoxious possibilities of that. Heck, I think he turned out pretty helpful in the second trial instead.
Funnily enough, if my Ryuunosuke had ever ended up being the killer, I probably would have made him try to look as innocent as possible... but since he then would have gone against his usual behaviour that very fact might've made him stand out.

Ryuunosuke's backstory can be summed up as the twins running away from home and becoming what they did become.
Both of them hate criminals, actually. This might seem contradictory for SHSL Criminal Overlord, but his reasoning went along the lines of "the only way to fight crime is to control it all".
It's more precise to then say he hates criminals, except the ones that work for him. Hooray for hypocrisy!

Until the end, the only people he cared about were his brother and some people outside of the ship. He didn't end up caring much for any of the other students, and admittedly didn't make any effort to do so. (In his app,I mentioned a tendency towards treating others as pawns instead of people.) There were somes he actively hated, mostly Naota for being a criminal (well, after it turned out he wasn't, Ryuunosuke just thought of him as an idiot.) The two he was sort of fond of were Katsurou and Osuji, but even that didn't go that far and was mostly "I can work with these people.". He's led a pretty rough life which taught him to not trust or rely on anyone besides himself that easily. (or his brother, which he pretty much viewed as 'his other self'.) The people he did care about, he actually cared a lot for, leading to some internal despair and fear of losing them in this situation, though he never displayed that in any of his public posts.
His general demaenor was supposed to consist of him putting on a polite facade and actually being fairly diplomatic, contrary to his brother. However, he also had a pretty short temper, and any more tense situation led to him to quickly 'drop the mask' and slip back into his less polite way of speaking.
I also decided he was more of a visual person, being good with faces but bad with names. Consequently, he still didn't even know many of the other student's names, using whatever obvious nickname he or his brother came up with instead. (this is also why he had a tendency towards making certain gestures with his hands, though sometimes he just wanted to be theatrical. In fact, most of the time he assumed a thinking pose, he was actually just pretending to think, though many of my posts actually blatantly admitted that, I think.)

Yeah that's all I can remember at the moment.
Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Post by Singidava »

Oh, it finally died? Can't say I'm particularly surprised. It's not like I have been active since... forever anyway :P

As a fun tidbit of information, I actually asked Enigma to recommend killing off my character, as I pretty much came up with her on a whim after someone saying something in xat. She didn't really have much to her. Oh, but she did always mean well, even if it might've seemed otherwise.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Well, might as well say a lot of stuff about Hazuki now. I'm doing this basically the same way I did it for Kyouji in UDR, so I'm separating this into separate sections to make it a little more organized. This is written with the assumption that you're reading these spoiler tags in order.
Spoiler : App :
Name: Hazuki Shiraki
SHSL: Violinist

Appearance: Hazuki's hair is mainly black. However, the tips of her hair are white instead, due to hair dye. Hazuki has brown eyes and fair skin. In terms of feet, she's fairly tall at 5'7, especially for someone of Japanese descent. She's flat-chested and slightly thinner than the average person in terms of build. Her expressions vary greatly. She doesn't really have a consistent 'default' expression, but she can keep a fairly serious, neutral expression when playing the violin.

Hazuki wears a black semi-formal jacket and a white shirt. She also wears black dress shoes and black pants. Hazuki basically shows no skin below her neck. Even her hands are covered by black-and-white gloves (the best way to describe it is gloves that alternate between black and white for the fingers). She carries a violin case. The violin has her initials engraved on it. Hazuki also carries a silver circle-shaped locket in her pocket which has a picture of herself as a young child, smiling cheerfully (this locket used to belong to her parents). (GD Note, added to the Hazuki reveal post: I'm sure most people have seen it, but I consider got's version of Hazuki to be the most accurate in my mind, though Hazuki did remove the hair dye later.)

Personality: A very foul-mouthed person who can seem quite rude because of it. Hazuki can honestly get on the nerves of other people due to how blunt she can be, and can honestly come across as a jerk. However, she is kind to those who are nervous or have low self-esteem, and if you try hard enough, you can find that she's actually much kinder than she lets on. While her foul mouth isn't an act, she DOES act like much more of a jerk than she actually is. Or at least tries to.

Hazuki considers herself a hypocrite. She tries to drive people away from her by acting rude, because she doesn't want anyone to get emotionally attached to her and grieve if she suffers or dies (this ties into her backstory). However, she can't help but let her kind side show at many times, because deep down inside, she really DOES want to care for other people, and enjoy the friendships of others. Because she can't make up her mind on this, she considers herself a dark-hearted hypocrite who needs to be much more decisive.

Despite how foul-mouthed she is, when playing the violin, one could almost swear that Hazuki is the most serene person ever. She's very calm when playing the violin, and she has a habit of letting her kinder side show when she's playing, or just after playing. Hazuki is very fond of creative works (Including literature, music, games, and more) and is also interested in strange people in general. Hazuki dislikes hypocrites and those who don't see any value in the creative arts.

Backstory: Born to a family of retired musicians, it didn't take long for Hazuki to discover her own talent at playing the violin. During her early life, Hazuki was the very definition of a cheerful child who would always smile around her parents, though she was much more shy around other people. She was the pride and joy of her parents (If a bit too foul-mouthed once she reached her pre-teen years). From a very young age, Hazuki already proved that her skill surpassed that of many seasoned violinists, and her skills just got better over time.

Hazuki dearly loved her parents, but they were both rather old and suffered from numerous health problems. When they died, Hazuki blamed herself. While part of her realized that she wasn't making any sense, she convinced herself that her parents could have lived if she never existed. After all, there surely had to be a lot of stress in raising a child who had become a world-famous violinist at a young age, especially since Hazuki often traveled far away. Again, part of her knew that it likely didn't make sense, but she honestly believed that the stress of raising her might have shortened the lives of her parents. Due to still being a pre-teen at the time, she couldn't really think about it rationally.

After some discussions, it was decided that Hazuki would go live with her uncle and aunt. Both nice enough people, but Hazuki began to avoid talking to other people at this phase in her life. In this phase of her life, Hazuki began dyeing the ends of her hair white, in order to feel a closer connection to her deceased parents. Her father and mother both had black hair, but her father had always kept his hair dyed white, to the point that Hazuki never saw him with his natural hair color. She went through a lot of different emotions that she now considers unreasonable, including acting rather rebellious. Her most notable act of rebellion was playing the violin in underground clubs a few times, though she quickly stopped and went back to her normal concerts quickly. For numerous reasons, Hazuki dislikes thinking about this stage of her life, since she basically believed that she was a giant whiner who needed to stop being a brat.

With some time to mellow out, Hazuki eventually changed. She no longer blamed herself for the deaths of her parents, and she stopped openly complaining about it to everyone. However, she became more distant from other people, and started acting more rude than she actually was in an effort to drive people away from her. This is because she doesn't want to go through the pain of losing a loved one again, or put anyone else through that pain herself. Despite this, she couldn't help but still show her kind side plenty of times, and it's obvious that she wants friends. This inner conflict haunts her even now, and only time will tell how she deals with it.

As she continued being a world-famous violinist and performing at concerts, it was only a matter of time before Hazuki received the invitation to attend Hope's Peak academy. Hazuki saw it as a chance to improve her own skills as a violinist (and she genuinely loves playing the violin) so naturally, she accepted. Since attending Hope's Peak academy would basically ensure that Hazuki had a successful career, the rest of her family wholeheartedly agreed with the idea, with some hoping that Hazuki would make friends and become less bitter.

Hazuki sent an affirmative reply to the Academy. Naturally, she isn't sure what to expect.
Spoiler : Notes (read after app) :
- Out of my DR RP characters, I consider Hazuki the closest to me in terms of personality. Which... May or may not sound strange, depending on how you look at it. Though they all have a part of me, honestly.

- Hazuki was originally from this DR fangame idea I had where she was meant to be a Red Herring and obvious potential suspect for the mastermind, only for her to turn out to be the default victim of chapter 2. (In my mind, there'd be a system in place to "save" the chapter's victim, but someone else would likely die in their place. I never thought of it too much.)

- Here's a fun fact for you: The original version of Hazuki from that fangame had the name of "Melody Fine" because I love embarrassing names apparently (she'd certainly roll her eyes at any jokes about it). Though I think of her as Hazuki now, so yeah.

- Kyouji Kamishiro (my character in UDR) and Hazuki actually had quite an impact on each other despite not existing in the same universe. More specifically, I wrote Kyouji to be "very different, yet oddly similar in some ways" to Hazuki, which also led me to think of Hazuki posts that would contrast with Kyouji's. I can't think of any specific examples off the top of my head though. (Though I will mention that Kyouji loves hugging people, while Hazuki would probably freeze and not be able to compute what's happening if you tried hugging her.)

- So I wanted Hazuki to be taller than average, but apparently a lot of people were really tall in this RP. Fun fact: Teruko and Hazuki are apparently the exact same height.

- If Hazuki ever ended up as a killer, I was planning to incorporate the destruction of her violin into the mystery, but it would have somehow been an accident. The idea here is that Hazuki WOULD NOT EVER willingly harm her violin since it means the world to her, so I'd use that to throw people off track. Of course, this would involve the violin somehow being destroyed during the murder without Hazuki intending for that to happen and a way to prove that... Didn't think that far!

- Hazuki was originally meant to be a LOT more vulgar in her foul language, but AAO rules prevented that. While I was fine with censoring more major swears at first, eventually I reached the point where I realized it looked really silly to me when words would be censored during the middle of a very serious scene. However, I actually don't regret this, since it led to Hazuki using foreign curses a lot more, which I now can't envision her without.
Spoiler : Why app as Hazuki? :
I apped as Hazuki for a few reasons. First of all, I wanted to write a character who'd be very different from Michio while also having a few surprising similarities (this actually carried on to Kyouji too) and Hazuki came to mind. Of course, I had some very complicated feelings at the time due to the controversies that arose during the first DR RP (which I believe I'm over now), and that may have influenced certain decisions I took regarding Hazuki's character.

Honestly, when I wrote Hazuki's app and sent it to the GMs, I was pretty nervous! There were a lot of people applying to 0.2, so I thought that there was a very real chance that she'd get rejected. I did get reassured by the GMs that they liked my app though, so I probably shouldn't have been that frightened. In hindsight, I was also taking the whole process far too seriously. It's pretty embarrassing to admit, but I was actually jealous of all the users who got their characters revealed before Hazuki. Oh well, at least now it's a funny memory.
Spoiler : Appearance meaning :
All things considered, I think Hazuki has a pretty simple design overall. Even taking into account that she started off with black-and-white hair, I still think that her design was pretty simple. Her clothes and hair all fit that same black-and-white color scheme. Her eyes are brown, which is a pretty common eye color to have. Once you remove the hair dye, you have someone with black hair and brown eyes, which is just about the most common combination ever in real-life humans, or at least very close to it.

The simple design is very much intentional, and there's a few different reasons why I went for it. First of all, I'll get the obvious one out of the way by saying that in the fangame idea that Hazuki originally came from, she was meant to be a sort of Red Herring character who the player would suspect is the Mastermind. They would have to guess whether her color scheme was so obvious that it was meant to be a trick to get them to discard the idea, or if it really was a blatant hint as to her true nature. I don't think I need to say this, but Hazuki isn't the Mastermind in the fangame idea she comes from, and her status as a suspect ends pretty early on. Especially since she's the default victim of chapter 2 unless you do a few specific things to save her from that fate.

Hazuki is very much the kind of person who feels like she's "lacking color", to put it one way. She basically considers herself an extremely boring person, and she envies eccentric people for being so full of life and basically feeling much more "real" than herself. It's why she naturally gravitates towards more eccentric people, whether she realizes it or not. Hazuki has a lot of self-loathing going on, and her style of dress basically IS meant to make her look very plain. Because that's what she sees herself as, pretty much.

I had Hazuki remove her hair dye later on in the RP, which I'm guessing struck a lot of people as being obviously symbolic of something. And it was! Hazuki removing her hair dye was basically meant to show her slow acceptance of her true self, a return to her original hair color in an effort to be nore like the child-like version of herself, who was infinitely more cheerful than she is now. You could also think of Hazuki washing away her hair dye as her sort of purifying her own soul. (Note: You can blame/thank my AP Lit class for making me think this way.)

This is a thing I don't believe I ever really delved into that much, but Hazuki wears gloves for a reason. It's the same reason why she dresses the way she does in general, really. If you'll look at her character design, you'll notice that she basically shows no skin below her neck. This is really meant to show that Hazuki is a very guarded sort of person who doesn't like exposing herself to other people. She considers herself a pretty disgusting person, basically. (Note: As the RP went on, I'd hoped for Hazuki to not think so negatively of it that way. I think that the amount of skin anyone exposes can be a sign of strength or weakness depending on the person. Someone who exposes a lot of skin could see it as a strength or weakness, just like someone who doesn't expose a lot of skin could see it as a strength or a weakness, and anything in-between. I think Hazuki could turn it into a sign of strength as well.)

Another reason for her character design! Hazuki's family is really rich. Hazuki herself is really wealthy. Yet she doesn't really dress extravagantly at all. She still looks semi-professional overall though, I think. This was done to show her "Sophisticated as Hell" attitude, a combination of being raised as a proper lady while also swearing like a sailor who got really really drunk one day, but is still making coherent statements.

Also, while I occasionally think about it, even if Hazuki's character ended in the most positive way possible (surviving, combating her depression and succeeding, stuff like that) I don't think Hazuki would ever wear more 'vibrant' colors, at least not often. I want to send the message that Hazuki is supposed to learn to be more comfortable with her own true self, not emulate other people just because she envies them.
Spoiler : How Hazuki changed over time :
Oddly enough, I actually already went quite a bit into detail with this in the Appearance Meaning section. So yeah. If you're skipping around for whatever reason, go read that first. It'll help.

Hazuki started off as a character with very low self-esteem who cared a lot more about other people than she would like to admit at first. It should come as no surprise when I say that Hazuki was battling depression the whole way through, and she'd probably really benefit from therapy (which I actually had her note). I like to think that Hazuki has a lot of positive traits, but she only sees her negative aspects. Over time, this lessened somewhat, though self-deprecation was still common. If the RP continued, her negative thoughts would appear less and less (unless she became a killer of victim, of course).

I think that Hazuki's biggest changes came from all the death surrounding her, and how she felt like she wasn't doing enough to stop the murders from happening. While I haven't re-read the RP yet, I feel like Hazuki was the character who was most visibly upset by all the deaths in public. Eventually, Hazuki was forced to re-evaluate herself and how she acted around the others, which was symbolized by how she removed her hair dye (which sounds silly here, but I think that the Appearance Meaning section explains that better). Hazuki DID eventually open up more to other people... Oddly enough, while I hadn't originally intended it, Hazuki became a lot more of a "moral center" than I thought she would be. She called out anyone who mocked the deceased and did her best to keep up the hopes of her friends, even though she wasn't in a good spot herself. (Of course, Hazuki made a lot of mistakes too. At times I felt like she was rather overzealous in condemning other people, and I had hoped that someone would directly cause her to face that.)

Also no, I actually had no clue who Hazuki would end up liking or disliking. Quite a few ended up surprising me.
Spoiler : Relationships :
Teruko: So yeah. Teruko. Hazuki kind of hated her, except it wasn't so much hate because on some level Hazuki really wanted to understand Teruko and certainly didn't wish for her to die or anything like that. I'd describe it as "strong dislike mixed with an extreme amount of frustration". Like... If sufficiently angered enough, Hazuki would probably yell at Teruko and say that she hated Teruko, but immediately after doing so she'd regret it and realize that isn't REALLY the case. Anyway, it was interesting to interact with Teruko, though I had to strike a delicate balancing act. Hazuki naturally gravitates towards eccentric people (I'd say Teruko fits the bill, wouldn't you?) and she DID feel some strange connection with her... But at the same time, I feel completely safe in saying that their friendship(?) was poisonous for Hazuki (and probably for Teruko as well, though spd would have to chime in on that one). I'd say that Hazuki sort of understands Teruko and doesn't understand her at all at the same time, despite how paradoxical that sounds.

Chouko: I mentioned this elsewhere, but I really wish Hazuki and Chouko had talked more in the actual RP, since they had interesting interactions in RP Xat. I actually thought they'd end up being close friends. As for what actually happened... Hazuki thinks Chouko is weird, but not in a bad way. She would say that she likes Chouko, but would also follow up by saying that she feels like she knows almost nothing about her.

Sigmund: Who remembers The Most Awkward Meal Ever? If you don't, it was when Sigmund, Hazuki, Ai, and Masahiro (I may be forgetting someone) all gathered together and had the most awkward meal in the history of everything. I don't recall the exact circumstances, but fun times were had by all (except the actual characters). Anyway, more to the point... Hazuki only had a few meaningful conversations with Sigmund, and I got the feeling that Hazuki had an incorrect impression of who Sigmund was, while Sigmund also likely had an incorrect impression of her (or at least an unclear one). Before murder time happened, Hazuki probably saw Sigmund as a kindred spirit in normalcy (keep in mind she had no knowledge of the Sigmund and Masahiro Power Hour). After the first trial... Well, Hazuki still did her best to defend Sigmund. It was really that point where she realized that she felt bad for both the murderers and victims, which confused her for a while. So yeah. That was a thing. Also their conversations were incredibly awkward, we should have had more awkward conversations.

Masahiro: Topaz and I had actually initially planned for Hazuki and Masahiro to kind of know each other. See the line in her backstory about being rebellious and playing at underground clubs, which looks more and more out of place as I think about it more? Yeah, they were supposed to know each other due to talking to each other a few times. There was no deeper connection than that, and all I knew about Topaz's character was "Ninja". But for one reason or another, we eventually just acted like they didn't know each other at all, so yeah they probably never met before. As for their actual relationship... Well, Hazuki is lucky that she missed most of Masahiro's shenanigans, because her opinion of Masahiro probably would have been a lot worse otherwise. She also got really frustrated at Masahiro for throwing a bunch of shurikens at her in the middle of a trial. That's not exactly a good way to make friends.

Naota: Hazuki didn't actually interact much with Naota, and when she thought about Naota it was usually in relation to the many conspiracy theories and suspicions Tsuyotoko had about Naota (which made her facepalm a great deal). She appreciated how Naota was very helpful during trials. Also Hazuki would still like an explanation for the washing machine incident. She probably wouldn't have ever received one, but she could hope.

Yuki: I really wish Hazuki and Yuki got to talk more, mostly because of the multicolored hair thing and also because I think they could have had a very odd and interesting friendship. Unfortunately, I struggle to remember if they ever even exchanged more than a few words. I might be forgetting something, of course, but basically Hazuki didn't particularly like or dislike Yuki due to how little they knew each other. Obviously she was still sad when he died, of course.

Yakuro: You know, I REALLY should have had Hazuki think a lot more about how Yakuro wasn't actually who he claimed to be. Since he died, she basically decided that it would probably be somewhat disrespectul to wonder about that, but now I'm not really satisfied with how I wrote that. Would have been interesting to have Hazuki think about how Yakuro wasn't who he said he was. Other than that... Unfortunately, I don't remember Hazuki ever talking to Yakuro. His death did have quite an impact on her though, seeing how he was the first vicitm.

Masami: Another person that Hazuki didn't really talk to that much, though at least I can remember them exchanging some words. In hindsight, I really wish I had managed to work in a scene where Hazuki would try to play tennis for whatever reason and be incredibly bad at it. Don't know how that would happen, but it sounds amusing in my mind. Hazuki was basically neutral towards Masami and at least didn't suspect her of being a nefarious mastermind.

Akira: Akira is in this weird spot where I know for a fact that Hazuki talked to her a few times, but I'd still say that they didn't interact much at all. With that in mind, Hazuki's opinion of her was somewhat positive, though who knows what it would have been if they had talked more. I will say that Hazuki doesn't think any less of Akira for being a Good Luck student though. She never really thought that it made Akira more normal than the rest of them... Maybe I could have explored why she felt that way?

Katsurou: Hazuki considered Katsurou to be the closest to a normal person on the ship, though even she's aware of how odd that sounds and how it probably isn't actually true. I mean, this is the same person who started the Box Kingdom. That aside, Hazuki considered Katsurou a calming presence to be around, and they definitely both trusted each other (unless Katsurou was secretly evil all along or something). While Hazuki did disagree with Katsurou on some things, she could usually understand his reasoning. Also, by the stopping point of the RP, some part of Hazuki still believed that Katsurou had self-destructive thoughts (see how Katsurou nearly died and Hazuki had to save him) and also believed that Katsurou was partially lying when he claimed otherwise. Would have been interesting to see how that developed. Out of everyone on the ship, Hazuki would probably say Katsurou is her best friend.

Ai: I remember right after Hazuki and Ai's argument, Singi and I both basically went "yaaaaaaay, now if either of them dies the other one will look really suspicious!" and fun times were had by all. Or at least that's how I remember it. Anyway, Hazuki considered Ai a friend at first, but obviously the argument between the two of them kind of soured everything. I was planning on having Hazuki do her best to ignore Ai from then on, though I don't mean to say that I was going to stop trying to have Singi interact with me. I was confident in my ability to have Hazuki ignore Ai while still having it be an interesting interaction somehow... Not sure how it'd go in my mind, but I could see that happening. I'm pretty sure it'd be very difficult for the two to ever reconcile (and I don't know if Ai would be willing to make the effort) but I guess anything is possible. It's much more likely that the two of them just wouldn't get along and Hazuki would be extremely reluctant to cooperate with her.

Ryuunosuke (Rune): Yeah, so I don't think it's particularly shocking to hear that Hazuki was really annoyed with the Ryuunosukes. Hazuki basically never trusted them after the early parts of the RP, and saw them as really reckless and irresponsible. For Rune!Ryuunosuke in particular, Hazuki basically saw him as the more suspicious of the two because she thought it was harder to tell what he was thinking. Also, that scene where Hazuki caught the two of them trying to sneak into Katsurou's room is still hilarious.

Ryuunosuke (Fury): Most of what I said about Rune!Ryuunosuke applies here. Unique to Fury!Ryuunosuke is that Hazuki probably trusted him slightly more out of the two of them. Her reasoning is a bit odd, admittedly. Basically she thought that Fury!Ryuunosuke was so blatantly shady that it was harder to take him as a serious threat, and she thought it would be easier to read him. So yeah, congrats on being less suspicious by being really suspicious.

Shiho: Sadly Ulf didn't post that much, which is a shame because I liked the idea of Hazuki and Shiho interacting. It sounded like they could have bonded (or maybe not?) over any surprising similarities they may have had.

Tsuyotoko: Tsuyotoko and Hazuki got a lot closer than I expected them to, though a part of me is hesitant to go into too much detail since it would spoil stuff about Tsuyotoko's backstory. ... Of course, everyone can just read those posts now, but I'm still hesitant to elaborate for some reason. I'll just say that I am kind of sad that the RP ended when it did, because I feel like it would have been satisfying to see Hazuki try (and maybe succeed) at cheering up Tsuyotoko somehow. However, I will admit the alternate possibility that Hazuki could have started hating Tsuyotoko instead. Who knows what would have happened. Though since Blader was planning on being the next killer... The third trial probably would have been very rough.

Aloysius: Hazuki didn't think much about Aloysius due to how late he joined. I kind of regret not talking to him more. Mostly her feelings could be summed up as "he didn't do anything to anger me, so he's cool in my book". Thinking about it, I really should have had Hazuki think more about why she didn't suspect Aloysius more. (The answer: There were several people who acted way more suspicious in her eyes.)
Spoiler : Different stuff I'd do :
Well... Honestly, if I got the chance to relive the past with my current mindset, Hazuki would probably end up quite different, though with the same basic core intact. It's strange to think about what I'd do differently, because Hazuki is one of those characters that I've written for quite a long while now. She was a character I wrote during a period in my life where my thoughts and ideas were changing quite a bit, and I (hopefully) became a bit more mature. So yeah. The GD who wrote Hazuki's app and the person who I am now... Significantly different! But hey, I don't regret writing Hazuki overall, she was fun to write and I consider her one of my best. With all that in mind... There's quite a bit I'd do differently, yes.

I guess I should start off by saying that I wish I had been much less petty during this RP. I had a talk with spd about this, but there was this period of time when I believe that he thought that I was afraid to let Hazuki get into arguments, and I sort of felt pressured to take Hazuki's character in a way that I felt was OOC of her (but of course, other people might have thought that the direction was actually perfectly IC). The thing is that I ALWAYS intended to have Hazuki be a very indecisive person who backed down quite easily when she realized that she had truly offended someone severely. I think some people saw that as me (the user) being afraid of confrontation... Which wasn't what I was aiming for. At all. So yeah, I really wish I had communicated that a lot better than I did. There are also some posts I wrote that seem VERY strange on a reread because they were written with the purpose of sending a message roughly along the lines of "Hazuki and I are different entities, she is totally acting in-character here, believe me or I will hit you in the head with this violin". Though oddly enough, people actually seemed to disagree with me about which posts sent that message! For example: Hazuki's argument with Ai! I saw that as a return to form after a long period of feeling like I was writing a generic version of Hazuki. Apparently a few people thought it was the exact opposite. That really confused me.

This is completely unrelated, but I only semi-recently found out that apparently Hazuki didn't really fall in line with AAO's swearing rules at all, and I had apparently crossed a line many, many, many times! That was odd to find out about. Thankfully it didn't result in any kind of punishment, but knowing that now... I don't know, I consider Hazuki's "Sophisticated as Hell" way of speaking very unique to her. I probably would have settled for much more minor curses, or maybe take a page from Fire Emblem's book by having her refer to everyone as a dastard. That might have been fun. I'm honestly not sure how that would have gone.

People I wish I had interacted with more... Well, I kind of wish that the link between Hazuki and Masahiro had been followed up on, because now that detail in Hazuki's backstory just looks really random and out-of-place in my opinion. Also, I wish that she had talked to Yuki more, just because of the multi-colored hair thing. And I feel like Hazuki really should have interacted with Chouko a bit more, because they had some fun conversations in the RP chat before the game officially started. Basically I wanted to interact with everyone more.

Another big mistake I made was that I kept a lot of Hazuki's most important posts hidden to just about everyone, which I feel may have seemed very odd (in a bad way) to people who had no way of knowing what all that was about. I tried to remedy that a bit later on. Also, I probably would have outright mentioned that Hazuki's parents were dead really early on, mostly because I STILL find it unreasonable to believe that she clearly has fans on the ship who'd know this stuff, but they couldn't know. Yeah, that seems really silly in hindsight.

Still! It was fun.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
The Fury Wraith
Spoken languages: English, Dutch

Post by The Fury Wraith »

Spoiler : App :
Name: Charles Stiles
SHSL: SHSL Mystery Diner

Appearance: He looks like Charles Stiles from Mystery Diners

Personality: Always says ''Charles Stiles, Mystery Diners!'' when meeting new people. His behavior is like someone who acts like he's a fraud actor on a fake reality show. He has no charisma. His interests are Mysteries and Diners. He also likes to state the obvious. He also really loves his job and does it so well he can do it routinely. Charles Stiles also really hates it when his drone crashes. This is how Charles Stiles thinks: Charles Stiles, Mystery Diners. Charles Stiles, Mystery Diners. Charles Stiles, Mystery Diners. Charles Stiles, Mystery Diners. Charles Stiles, Mystery Diners. Charles Stiles, Mystery Diners. Charles Stiles, Mystery Diners. Charles Stiles, Mystery Diners. Charles Stiles, Mystery Diners. Charles Stiles, Mystery Diners. Charles Stiles, Mystery Diners. Charles Stiles, Mystery Diners. Charles Stiles, Mystery Diners. Charles Stiles, Mystery Diners. Charles Stiles, Mystery Diners. Charles Stiles, Mystery Diners. Charles Stiles, Mystery Diners. Charles Stiles, Mystery Diners. Charles Stiles, Mystery Diners. Charles Stiles, Mystery Diners. Charles Stiles, Mystery Diners. Charles Stiles, Mystery Diners. Charles Stiles, Mystery Diners. Charles Stiles, Mystery Diners. Charles Stiles, Mystery Diners. Charles Stiles, Mystery Diners.

Backstory: Charles Stiles is with a company called Mystery Diners? *DUN* The Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy called in Charles Stiles's company because he had sum shush concerns about despairing students. Around the same time students started to despair, the Headmaster also noticed students began to kill each other. So Charles Stiles was called in to see if there was a connection and to solve this problem. The students were brought to the academy boat by Charles Stiles. To carry out the sting, camera's were placed at key locations on the boat. 4 camera's were set up in the kitchen, 2 camera's were set at the main entrance, 1 camera in the hallway, 3 camera's in the dining room, 2 camera's in each of the student's rooms, 5 camera's were set up in the trial room, 2 camera's were set up in the pool, 1 camera was set up in the toilet. Then there are camera's 1, 2, 3 and 4, which were set up in the library. 3 camera's were set up in the Gym. 1 camera was set up in the Sick Bay. The Headmaster is like: ''Wow, Charles. I can see everything in my Academy, which is also a boat.''

Charles Stiles also employed the help of his Mystery Diners, actors in disguise that mixed in with the students, for extra surveillance. They take orders from Charles Stiles. The identities of these Mystery Diners are: Naota Feykneme, Tsuyotoko Osuji and one of the Ryuunosuke twins. Finally, Charles Stiles RELEASED THE MONOKUMA, which is a new toy in the Mystery Diners Arsenal. With Monokuma, the camera's and the Mystery Diners, Charles Stiles intends to catch the murderous killing despairing students red handed for what they do, so that they can get expelled/fired and killed.

The survivors of the RP that make it to the final trial get to partake in The Confrontation, in which the Headmaster and Charles Stiles call the remaining students to the studio and show them they've been set up and that Charles Stiles is the mastermind of DRRP2. The students will all be like: ''What is this?'' *DUN* *BANG* DRUUUMM* Charles Stiles will tell the students he is with a company? Called Mystery Diners? And that the Headmaster called his company because he's been concerned with skyrocketing murders within his academy lately, and Charles Stiles knows WHY the student numbers are down and murders are through the roof. It's because those students have been killing their friends and cute girls at the mutual killing challenge! NINE murders, in the last 2 months?! I mean, do you see what you students have done?! You are taking lives from the Headmaster, from his daughter! This is their laife! This is everything they have, this Academy! And you darn students keep killing students! Come on, you.. gimme your hat, gimme your school uniform... no no no... you're gonna gimme your school uniform! ...Gimme your f- uniform. Right now! Gimme my tuition's fee! **** I'm gonna hit you! Get the **** out of here. Get out of here. ****. And then the remaining students get executed and expelled.

Ok, so at the end of the RP, now that all the murderous despair students are dead and expelled, thanks to Charles Stiles, now we can say that Hope's Peak Academy is a really good school without those students killing students. All well that ends well. Oh yeah, Charles Stiles is also the Mastermind of all other DRRPs in existence.
Case made by me: Turnabout Retribution