Super Dangan Ronpa 0.2 [OOC] (New Chapter!)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Are you in favor of the new system? (Players only please)

Yes
46%
Neutral (I don't mind)
31%
No
23%

Total votes: 13

SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Re: Super Dangan Ronpa 0.2 [OOC] (MURDER TIME!)

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

It seems perfectly reasonable to me, as I can quite honestly say I find absolutely nothing wrong with it.

I WOULD like to propose some sort of test trial, though, to see how this system actually works when put into effect. Obviously on paper it sounds brilliant, but will it actually change things? Obviously I'm optimistic, but better safe than sorry.

(It seems silly to propose a mystery that's already been solved, but maybe we can use BP's murder app? The important thing is to see how the structure flows, not to solve a brand new mystery, so... maybe that could work?)
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Topaz
Spoken languages: English, 日本語

Post by Topaz »

I'd suggest talking about this after the current trial, instead of forgetting about it in favour of creating this new system.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Can someone please clear up where exactly we are and what we're expected to be doing? Every time I think about posting, I can only think about how lost I am and how any post by me would be saying "Hazuki feels really lost". I'll fully admit that it's my fault that I'm having trouble keeping up due to my lack of skill regarding mysteries, but I do want to try to finish this trial. I just can't seem to find the right way to help do that.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

I'm having the same issue right now, to be quite honest...

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

Same. While I'm keeping up with the mystery, I'm unsure whether this would be the right time to bring out the full theories (always hesitant with those) or whether there's a specific thing we should still discuss before that, or...
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Please let's not go on for THREE months on this trial. I'm just... I'm just honestly so sick of this trial and this current system we're using for it, because it is very blatantly not working.

Personally, I am all in favor of breaking out full theories right now. We've been going on and on for more than long enough here, and it's just become tiring and demotivating at this point. The sooner we can pull the plug on this one and move on to a system that makes far more sense and should make things go much more smoothly and quickly, the better. It's not helping that the killer has been rather apparent for a while now, too.

It's time to move on. It really is.

Yes, I know my posts have been becoming whiny, complainy, and overall negative. After how long this trial has dragged out, can you really blame me?
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
spd12
Spoken languages: English

Post by spd12 »

To help catch up - I'm a little out of things today - I think the only two remaining questions to tie everything together for the murder are the following:

a) Where the bandages came from that were used on Akira. If they came from the Sick Bay, it was taken well in advance, by appearances.
b) The meaning of the door to the Sick Bay being opened three times. The current theory is that the killer went inside once to get a straitjacket to keep Akira bound during her ghastly, slow murder... and another time was Teruko peeking in, leaving a third time still a question mark.

Unless we're overlooking something, that seems to be it?

For once, speaking as someone who was a killer that was forced to confess everything because the playerbase was throwing a tantrum, I'd like to see a murder solved by the players actually figuring it out. It took a long time getting here, but I think we're almost done.

Writing murders and running them are very, very hard. Planning them, fairness checking, GMing and keeping tabs of the flow of the story, trying to account for every possible way people might think to do something... it's not easy.

We've already had it effectively blow up in our faces twice. Let's not strike out. I'd like to think we're all better than that after all the friction that's happened between both DR games following 0.1's closure.
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

On a, I'm not 100% sure that actually matters. As for b, someone's presented me with a theory for that that seems reasonable enough. I suppose he just needs something to springboard himself into giving said theory? Maybe someone could challenge someone or something to let help them speak? Iunno.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

spd12 wrote:a) Where the bandages came from that were used on Akira. If they came from the Sick Bay, it was taken well in advance, by appearances.
b) The meaning of the door to the Sick Bay being opened three times. The current theory is that the killer went inside once to get a straitjacket to keep Akira bound during her ghastly, slow murder... and another time was Teruko peeking in, leaving a third time still a question mark.
I legitimately have no idea what either of these two mean, or when they were brought up.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

My last few posts brought those points up, for the record.

Anyway, expect me to post later today.
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

I'd like to clarify something, as my words seem to be coming off the wrong way.

I'm not blaming anybody involved in the roleplay for my frustrations with the pace of this trial. I'm not blaming Topaz for sending in a shoddy murder app and I'm not blaming the GMs for doing a poor job of overseeing the trial. (I don't believe either of these statements are true, for the record.) I'm blaming the system we've been using for trials, and my frustration lies solely with that. It's needlessly confusing and can easily leave people behind in the dust, as evidenced by how quickly activity dropped in the trial. Was I the most active poster in the trial? Absolutely not. But look in the discussion thread. I'm clearly not the only one who had problems keeping up.

In a nutshell, was this trial exhausting and tiresome? I absolutely feel that it was, I won't lie. Am I blaming anybody for it? No, I'm not. I'm not saying anybody shouldn't have realized what the main problem was sooner and I'm not saying anybody is stupid for taking this long to figure it out. It just happens, trial and error. You figure out what works and what doesn't through experience. Am I going to let it put a damper on things going forward? No. We've identified a key issue as to exactly why things get like this, and I think that's going to help out a lot in the future, and I'm a lot more motivated to participate because of it.

Does that clear up my stance on this? I hope so.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Alnar wrote:Because underneath it all, you're still just..."

"Satsuko Nomi."
can't tell if Alnar figured that pun out, or he just made a really lucky guess (d)
spd12

Post by spd12 »

We're on chapter 3!

I'm glad to see everyone (but one person) posted as of lately - if you're all interested in continuing, I'm game to keep going forward.

Hit me up if there's anything you want to do, or to help your story along, or whatever. All I ask in turn is that you, too, stay committed to keep telling whatever story you wanted to tell from the beginning.
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Re: Super Dangan Ronpa 0.2 [OOC] (New Chapter!)

Post by enigma »

And now we reveal the...

Victim Apps! Akira Nakajima and Shiho Kisaragi
Spoiler : Akira :
Name: Akira Nakajima (中司 丙)
SHSL: Good Luck

Appearance: She has short black hair in the style of this familiar looking gal. However, her bangs are not parted to the right and instead partially cover her blue eyes. She is shorter height than the average girl her height, but only very slightly. She wears black jeans and a dark green cardigan with only the top button buttoned over a white tank top. In colder weather (under the assumption we even have any more clothes in DR), she wears a leather jacket with faux fur on the collar.

Personality:
Akira is a rather ambitious youth, hoping to tap into some hidden talent welled inside of her. She is often taking on different hobbies and fields of expertise in an attempt to break ground in one of them. Ask her one week, she’ll try and be the world’s greatest horror novelist. The week after that, she’s trying to be the greatest concert pianist. She takes these often short bouts of determination very seriously and trains vigorously to become one of the greats, but her passion dissipates over time and she moves on to the next talent.

Beyond her constant schemes, she is a warm and bubbly person who is always willing to extend an ear. She, however, is pretty easy to mess with, and can be pushed to the point of annoyance or even snapping at you. She is also known to foster an overattachment to things, typically more so to living things that material objects. She abhors being away from them for long.

While she has a dream to become more than she already is, she does not hold any disdain over an average life. However, she has developed a bit of an inferiority complex, which is usually heightened when around individuals of great talent. As such, being in a situation where she is surrounded by people at the top of their game increases her anxiety. She tends to mask this through talk of how she herself is going to be the next best thing since sliced bread. Mixed in with this anxiety is usually jealousy, but like the anxiety she normally hides it. When all of this does come out, the result is often not very pretty.

Backstory:
Akira grew up in a small rural town and was born to a family without much financial stability. When she was old enough to be put to work, she was. When her father was out of a job, there was talk from her parents that she would have to be pulled from high school. She was devastated by this news. She already had very little time to herself, and school was the one place she could see more of her friends. If she had to work more hours and leave school, she couldn’t fathom how lonely and miserable she would be.

On her moments of downtime, she normally found herself playing soccer. She would practice at the local park and wound up being phenomenal at it. Those who would challenge her often considered her a prodigy. One day, news of a scout in a city two hours away was advertising he was looking for up-and-coming sports stars. Akira pleaded for her parents to take her to the scout, but they both were swamped with work and felt it was a waste of time. That night Akira scraped together money saved from her part-time job and hopped on a bus to the scout. He was instantly blown away by her athletic prowess and was drafted to compete in various championships. She was a star player, and for once her life was starting to look great.

However, despair. During one of her games she wound up with a knee injury. Her doctor said the injury wasn’t enough to require surgery but instead was given a cast. After her period with the cast was over she was still told her that if she truly wished to get back into exercising, it would have to be light regimens to not overexert her knee. However, she felt like she was falling behind and didn’t wish to be ditched as the world of sports moved on without her. Therefore, she ignored her doctor’s advice.

I don’t think I need to tell you how this went. After hearing screaming in the backyard, Akira’s mother rushed to the scene and found a soccer ball rolling away from her daughter, who was on the grass clutching her knee. She was rushed to the hospital where she received some discouraging news: she would be able to walk on her knee, by some miracle, but at this point too much strenuous activity on it would render it useless, resulting in her unable to walk. As such, she was told she could never play soccer again.

For the longest time, Akira wallowed in her own depression. She could not blame her failure on anything but her own stubborn pride and selfish arrogance. After her recovery she went back to work, listlessly whiling away her days as she lamented over the loss of her future.

Soon, her father was shot on his way to a bus stop heading home from a job interview. At the emergency room, Akira snapped out of her funk and pleaded for her father to be OK. As the doctors told him his chance of survival was slim, his father told Akira how proud he was of everything she had accomplished and wished for her to make the most of her life, no matter what course it took. Akira took these words to heart. Her father didn’t pass away, but as of today he is in a coma. They say he’s lucky to even have the privilege to be in one.

Her father’s words became her driving force as she now strives to take her residence back in the stars. Her first big step in getting there came from winning this contest…
Spoiler : Shiho :
Name: Shizuru Shiho Kisaragi (如月閑流)

SHSL: SHSL Sukeban

Appearance:

Shiho's hair is long, reaching past her hips. Its color is of a silvery white tinted slightly with pinkish purple, and it always flows loosely, unrestrained, about her. Bangs fall over the left side of her face. From the top of her head to her left ear, parts of her hair stick out unevenly, as though someone had clumsily taken scissors to her hair and tried to shear it off before being thrown off. She has a long, white scar on her scalp around that area. Her sharp eyes are of a pale, milky color, similar to her hair. She has a pointed chin, arched eyebrows, and noticeable cheekbones. She often wears a surgical mask over her face. Her right ear is pierced in the earlobe and at the top of the ear; she wears a black double chain earring with spikes. (As in, there are two thin, loose chains going from the hole in the top of her ear to the one in her earlobe, and there are two larger spikes and one smaller one protruding from the sides of her ear, a bit like Ibuki's earring, but with one or two less spikes. The whole thing is black.)

Shiho simply wears an open black longcoat with a collar and navy pants. The underside of her collar is white. Her rather prominent chest is tightly bound with cloth bandages for ease of movement while fighting. The kanji 'COLD MOON' are printed boldly in white on the back of her coat; the coat itself reaches her shins, brushing the top of her dark combat boots. Her signature weapon is a metal pipe. (Basically, her outfit is like the girl in the middle's but in darker colors.) Shiho stands at 5'9. She has a lean figure and impressive upper body strength. Yes, her biceps are quite sugoi.

Personality:

Shiho usually seems aloof and distant. She's known for her cold stare. In fact, her entire being seems to give off a burning cold energy, somehow, that makes it difficult to talk to her casually. She's not very approachable, but she is rarely hostile. She isn't the most talkative person, but she's quite snarky and is prone to flippant insults. She has a burning hatred for The Man in power; towards figures of authority she can be quite the irreverent smart-aleck. She isn't easily cowed, taking most threats without batting an eye. Despite technically being the leader of a girl gang, Shiho is a lone wolf at heart. Her followers are the ones who started gathering around her. She doesn't interact with them that much on a personal level. She usually has a passive, hard to read face. It's when her hatred of the establishment seeps through or something sets her off that she shows her cynical nature and dark humor, smirking and laughing bitterly. Otherwise, it's difficult to guess what she's thinking.

She only seems to be happy when she's laying the beatdown on people. Even then, it's a savage, furious kind of happiness. She goes into an intense focus and hates being interrupted while fighting. She hates being stifled or boxed in. She doesn't give a crap about societal conventions or what people think of her. In fact, people genuinely despising her seems to amuse her. She also follows her own code of morality. She's a delinquent, not a cruel criminal. She doesn't care about the law, but she isn't an idiot. She knows what actions have severe consequences, and she knows how to be cautious. While she's good at understanding people's motivations, this fact doesn't make her happy. She's jaded about society instead.

She's very level-headed in emergencies and stressful situations that aren't a fight. Perhaps even too much. She's often called cold and insensitive, which she is to a certain extent.

Shiho isn't completely unkind, however. She doesn't needle at others and respects their space just as she wants hers to be respected, and she can do nice things for others. She can also be protective of the girls under her wing, even if she isn't close to them. But she doesn't have a spot soft, or any particular respect, for elders like most people do. In fact, she tends to dislike and assume the worst of them. On the other hand, she's quite fond of young children. She feels pretty separate from others of the same age group, though.

She fears responsibility, though she has mixed feelings about it.

Backstory:

Shiho Kisaragi is infamous on the streets, known by every delinquent group and troublemaker in Tokyo. Rumors tend to focus on the darker side of things, and exaggerate them: they're stories about her brawls and how many bones she broke the last time someone picked a fight with her. She goes to a rundown, shoddy school, but it's the only one she can go to in the district. She lives in a poor neighbourhood to begin with. Most of the teachers at the school don't care about the students and treat them disrespectfully, going as far as outright insults. Shiho resents them a lot for all they put her and her old friends through when she was younger.

Shiho is famous for her 0% attendance rate, yet 99% test scores, done as acts of rebellion. Somehow, despite not attending any classes, she always manages to perform extremely well in tests. This is basically a 'screw you' to the school's board of administration. They would've kicked her out of school ages ago due to her attendance record and her delinquency, but they kept her in for two reasons: firstly, her grades do boost up their average, and secondly, she beats up anyone who tries to mug or bully students of the school. Being in a poor area with a high criminality rate, students were often picked on or harassed in the streets. Now, due to her reputation, troublemaking delinquents mostly steer clear of her schoolmates while they're in vicinity to the school. The school did still hold her back a year twice, though. She's honestly not sure what she'll do once she graduates.

At times, she's frustrated by how useless and meaningless she knows her actions truly are. She knows she can't change the Japanese society that's deep-rooted in tradition, and on some days she becomes afraid. Afraid that her petty acts of delinquence and rebellious spirit are really just a childish way of escaping reality, and that rather than dying young on the streets, she'll eventually have to be 'sensible' and try to sort things out productively, as someone who knows and can recognize the flaws of society. To be honest, she knows what would be the 'right' way of dealing with it all, but she doesn't want to do it. She'd rather stick to her meaningless form of protest, which makes her scared that really she's just a hypocrite, or just doing things for her own convenience.

Many other girls admired Shiho because of how she managed to get away with things and because of her strength. At some point she got a following: a gang of delinquent girls who attempted to emulate her way of doing things.

Miscellaneous:

- Shiho is an amateur street artist. Others would call her a vandalist. She quite admires Yuki Takumi's work and skill, though her art is rather more... 'wild'.
- She owns and rides a motorcycle. This makes her popular with the bosozoku around the corner.
- She sometimes wears the long, classic sukeban-looking school uniform skirt, rather than pants.
- She hates mosquitoes.
- She also dislikes the cold.
- She was raised by a single father. She's a single child, which she's thankful for because she would hate to have to deal with wondering if she should set a 'good' example for a younger sibling. Fortunately for her, she can simply push the thoughts away and not think about them on a deeper level.
- She actually has a part time job at a takoyaki stand, working for an old friend of her father's. The people she grew up around know she isn't that bad. She cares a lot for the man she works for, whom she calls Uncle Sakihito. He's very friendly to her and often ruffles her hair just like he used to when she was a child. Though she would never admit it, she's very grateful that he was willing to give her a job, and she secretly likes it when he pats her head that way (although she's as tall as he is now). She hates dealing with her conflicting feelings about issues like this. She doesn't really know herself completely, and that scares her a little.
Wackyman

Re: Super Dangan Ronpa 0.2 [OOC] (New Chapter!)

Post by Wackyman »

Spoiler : akira :
The app isn't great, and some of the personality section contrasts with how I actually decided to write her, but I still like the story I had planned for her, even if the background makes it sound boring. Wish I could've show her more desperate side in RP, but it's my fault for falling out of it.
HIROSHI-SAMA IS STILL THE GREATEST.
SS Sleuth and I are the same person.
gotMLK7 fashioned the Trama picture below out of female skulls.

[3/19/14 11:31:48 PM] Ultimate Butt-Rubber (Gumpei): on the other hand you could try playing with your balls submerged in icy water
[3/19/14 11:31:51 PM] Nick (Hodou): yeah I'm thinking that's the idea.

Check out my first trial co-created with Dypo_deLina Firing up the Turnabout!
Call me Wacky.