Super Dangan Ronpa 0.2 [Chapter 3: Normal Days]

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Re: Super Dangan Ronpa 0.2 [Chapter 3: Normal Days]

Post by Alnar »

Crew Berthing - Hallway

Did Katsurou remember anything from after he boarded that school bus? He hadn't given it much thought, to be honest, other than a passing remark at some point. And it never really came into discussion much. He had just assumed that when he boarded the bus, he were drugged and placed on this ship. But did he remember anything after that?

No... it was all... a blank. A dull throb began to beat in his head. This was a familiar feeling, trying to remember something that just wasn't there. Had he simply fallen asleep and have woken up in the theater later that same day? Why was his watch broken? He was sure that it was working before he boarded the bus. He checked the time. 6:00 AM. Clear as day. But when he checked it in the theater when he woke up, it had stopped. It was broken.

"I... can't remember anything..." he says, his eyes closed tightly and his brow furrowed. He shakes his head and blinks. "Sorry," he apologizes to Aloysius. "My head went elsewhere at that moment."

"Katsurou Shirasagi, Super High School Level Mentalist. Master of the Mind." he says, formally introducing himself this time. "If I may have seemed hostile to you, forgive me for that. Someone on this ship died of the illness and you were his replacement."

Upon Aloysius' mention of the magazine, Katsurou smiled.

"Ah, so you really wish to know? I suppose it's my fault. But I'm afraid that while it is not my intention to conceal information, this is a matter I must investigate further. What I have found contains something I think to be relevant due to a lucky guess I managed to pull off against the Captain... Trust me, all things will be made clear in due time."

Then, an idea popped into his head.

"You have a scientific mind. Don't you? I did have plans to do this with someone else, but perhaps you'd like to tag along? I am going to investigate this new floor the Captain had announced earlier this morning. If you assist me in my investigation, perhaps some things will be clearer."
Spoiler : GM Notes :
I still have plans with investigating the floor with GD. But you know, I feel that I should give DLA some attention right now. I'd like him to develop his character more now that he has a chance to.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Crew Berthing - Hallway

"I see. Very interesting..." Aloysius nodded. "You remember a school, then the ship, while I remember an office, then the ship. I don't remember anything specific about the office, but since we both ended up here, perhaps the office might be in said school? I doubt there's any way of figuring this out, but oh well, it was worth a shot."

"No need to apologize for the hostility. It never hurts to be too careful, especially around mysterious masked men." he smiled. "Of course, in this case, the mysterious masked man means no harm."

"I'll take your word for it that all will become clear. You seem like a trustworthy sort, unlike much of the others on this ship. I'd be glad to help investigating. Anything that brings us one step closer to figuring out what the point of all this is is fine by me."
Spoiler : GM :
He stood there in the lab, the evil Dr. Heifer facing him. "Mwahaha, puny bug doctor! You shall never be able to stop my bovine might!"

"What's this? A laboratory woefully underpopulated by bees? My briefcase full of bees should put a stop to this!" he shouted, releasing the bees, which just flew around uselessly.

"Now I shall reveal my ultimate weapon... This may appall you..." Dr. Heifer declared, reaching into his coat to reveal...

A piece of cheese. "With this cheese, I shall be unstoppable!"

"Not so fast, Dr. Heifer!" Aloysius shouted. Several thousand flies flew out of his sleeves, devouring the cheese in seconds.

"Nooooooooooooo!"
The Final but not so ending chapter.
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

New Floor

"Um! Chouko-nyan! Is this really nyacessar-"

Mononeko politely voices her concerns as the other girl carries her to the newest floor, only to cut what she's saying short as another figure comes into view.

"Oh... Ah... It's mew..."

She looks up at Teruko, and then away.

"Good meowning, Teruko-nyan..."
Spoiler : Spd :
Looks like Mononeko is finally catching on to Teruko's... insistence that they be used for terrible things.

Also, just to note, Monokuma didn't walk away. He literally just... ducked into the floor, as he does in Dangan Ronpa. Just popped out of existence! So, I mean, he might have moved to the communications room, but you wouldn't know.
Spoiler : Dave :
Well, I can think of some llamas who want some dramas!

Monollama, the newest character we're adding to the RP. They like Devestation and go "pufufufu"
Spoiler : Alnar :
Sounds good! It's going to be fun to see where this all ends up.
Spoiler : DLA :
what
lazyplague
Spoken languages: English

Post by lazyplague »

New Floor

"Yes, it's completely necessary, Mononeko-sa- ..." Chouko stopped as she looked at Teruko, her slightly playful tone dropping back down to a regular, stone-dead tone. She picked Mononeko up a bit more, and stared at Teruko a bit more. And more. And more.

Really there was an awkward silence and a really awkward, fish-eyed stare going on there. Despite the amount of "what" that was there with this image of Chouko, there was nothing happening in her eyes or her mind. It was almost as if she had shut off for regular interaction, and was completely incapable of responding in a friendly way. At the most she was just neutral. Very neutral.

"Hello, Wada-san. It's a nice day today, is it not? New floor, new information. My sources are a bit hungry for information, as I imagine you and your strange puppet are." She said, blinking once or twice to break the monotony of the stare. Heavy emphasis on the stare factor. "Meanwhile, I am simply out on an adventure with Mononeko-san."
Spoiler : GM tag :
An important other detail to note that as she gets more and more stressed out, she's more opt to say things she normally wouldn't. Like for example, she might say that Teruko is very conflict loving, because she's noted down similar behaviors like the amount of drama bait she threw at Chouko previously in the RP. She just silently noted that down.
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Crew Berthing

Osuji turned his head to where he presumed the door was. He could hear what Hazuki was saying, and he was able to comprehend what she said, but it simply didn't register. He understood the words, and then... they slipped right out of his ear. None of it really did anything to change his mind. He was a coward for resenting the others for their actions? Fine. Then he was a coward. It wasn't easy, but even he was trying to grow up a little. Was it so much to ask others to try to do the same?

She made a comment about Sigmund. He supposed it got to the whole point he was trying to make. He hadn't forgotten Sigmund. In a way, it had shown how he had grown. He quickly condemned Sigmund to his death, and yet, felt sympathy for Masahiro's situation. Change wasn't easy, but damn it all, was it so hard to TRY? Osuji was currently in a state where it was incredibly difficult for him to even function on a basic level, so what was everyone else's excuse?

Where did that leave us? Something about Sick Bay? Well, whatever. He was tired, and his hands did kind of hurt, but he couldn't tell if it was anything beyond soreness. And again, he hardly cared much, at present. All his energy had been drained out during that rant, and he was back to his (now) usual, somber, quiet self.

"Whatever." He spoke quietly, not even attempting to make eye contact with Hazuki. "Just keep me away from the others, if you have to take me anywhere."
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Floorness of Newness

And so, Teruko left.

That was... Weird. Then again, that was... Quite Teruko.

Still, she shook it off for now, and entered the Monokuma shop and took a look around.
i really should get off the lazy train and start posting again, no?

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Spoiler : OOC :
Received permission from DLA to auto-lead Aloysius to the third floor.
Crew Berthing - Hallway

"Very well, I'll meet you on the new floor then." says Katsurou, nodding to Aloysius. He walks off to the stairs, climbing all the way to the third floor.

Third Floor - Hallway

With Aloysius close behind, Katsurou spots Teruko and Chouko in the hallway, accompanied by the blue cat Mononeko. It wasn't particular a comforting sight to see Teruko, not since what happened in the last investigation. He was fine in the trial, he needed to be as professional as possible during that, but now that that was over, he felt some unease around her. He could imagine Chouko feeling the same way about him.

Over all, it would be best if he avoided the two for now. Perhaps he'll entertain the thought of speaking to them after he was done with Aloysius.

He motioned for Aloysius to quicken his pace as he moved towards the nearest door. "Quickly, over here. I don't want to give those two the chance to spot me, if they haven't already."

Katsurou enters the Communications Room with Aloysius.

Damn it, if Aloysius hadn't followed me I could've snuck into that room. Katsurou thought, cursing fate.

But if luck would have it, he had something in store for whichever Ryuunosuke that room belonged to. He just needed to finish this up quickly.
spd12

Post by spd12 »

Spoiler : OOC (Dave) :
Hi! I'm really sorry I made you wait a couple days after you went through the effort to come and play again.

I want to take the time and say that I appreciate you're giving Chouko another go. Even if you might not be that fond of her individually, I think in the context of the game's overall story she's one of the better characters in that she offers a unique 'in' to the greater story very, very few characters have explored - so I'm incredibly happy you're going for it once more.

At the heart of it, though, I feel bad that I've left you hanging this long! I hope this post is worth it.
The New Floor - Still in front of the Captain's Office

The telltale sounds of moving feet don't seem to draw the puppeteer's attention away from the door, outwardly. With so much hair in front of her face, the subtle movements of the human eye tend to be lost beyond whatever the movement of one's neck betrays.

Her shoulders seem to twitch as she's addressed, turning to face... Chouko? Her free hand moves away from her face, going over the other hand. Both arms now ultimately seem to serve the purpose of cradling that god-awful puppet.

She has a seemingly soft smile as Chouko makes with the small talk in that neutral, perhaps even distant tone of voice.

"Ah... Minami-san," Teruko bows in brief, addressing the quickly quieted expert private investigator as pleasantries are mixed. "Hm. Did you not... eavesdrop on the good Captain?"

She seems to turn away, not towards the door.

"Even they cannot access their own office... their own sanctuary," she muses aloud, "I wonder why that would be..."

Chartreuse, thankfully, has not chimed in, as Teruko's neck appears to crane past Chouko, towards...

...the cat.

Teruko kneels down. Somehow, the way the lighting is cast upon this floor - if any, maybe even moreso if there's a notable absence - she casts a dark shadow over the blue toy-like bipedal cat thing.

Her face leans in a little closer. Her facial expression seems to dim, somewhat...?

She says nothing.
Teruko is coming across as very polite, after that surprise. It seems almost unnatural, given how she appears to feel about everyone. She does not appear to be unnerved by the stare. (Is she capable of seeing out of all that hair?) She immediately addresses Chouko first and foremost.

Sources have shown that she is manipulative and prone to making risky, dangerous decisions that could affect the well-being of others to some unknown end. Is this demeanor a precursor to another such scheme of hers? She hasn't moved away from the front of the door.

Her hands are occupied once she turns around, one hand away from her face and back around the other hand holding Chartreuse as though cradling a child. She seems to forget to go about having Chartreuse lift her head up to keep a gaze mid-bow? With both hands accounted for, there's no obvious weapo--

What.

??????????

Is she trying to sniff the plush cat? The faint sound of flaring nostrils can be heard.

Should she be allowed to...?
Spoiler : Mononeko :
She's looking towards a camera when she's talking about the captain...?

And then, she's drawing near with that kneel? What is she even going to do to her now?!

I'm sure there's something more I could fill in here, but...

Maybe the existence of this tag is enough...
True to Katsurou's wishes, it doesn't appear that Teruko noticed him. Based on the way they stand, it seems like Teruko was on this floor for a time and was approached by Mononeko and Chouko.

She seems a bit more at ease than maybe she ought to be, from outward appearances. Addressing her a lot more politely than she has almost anyone else... is there any reason for thi-- no, that's not important for now.

The communication room awaits! Whatever's in there.
Spoiler : kwando :
Passing by Teruko as Chouko begins conversation with the latter...

...Teruko seems a lot nicer to Chouko. Why?

Maybe it's not as important as all the cool weapons that await, but...

If Masami listened to anything the bear said, why isn't she speaking up about a certain thing they just disclosed...?
In regards to the bit about the Monokuma movement, don't worry. We already know the relationship between Teruko and Monokuma, and what actions she takes in regards to this relationship (in addition to regards to current things of interest). Yes, dear reader, I am totally wording this vaguely even though you can blatantly read the spoiler tags. One wonders why I even bother! Ha ha ha.

Yes, she is still referring to a certain someone as the captain in spite of very interesting things said just now.

...Also, yes, she is sniffing the cat (does she smell like swimming pool?). I'm banking on Dave disrupting this, no matter how inexplicable this information is, because ??????????.

We're slowly coming up to a time where blue truths are going to fly.
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

The New Floor

"... I have no idea what you mean, really. You're sort of speaking in riddles to me, since this is information that hasn't even been revealed to me yet, as my sources haven't had time to reach this floor, Wada-san. Clarification on pretty much... everything you said would be heavily appreciated. Along with no more weird riddles and cat sniffing." Chouko said, looking at Teruko's head in blank blank-ness.

She pushed Teruko's face with her one weak and gloved hand, trying to get her away from Mononeko and herself. She didn't especially appreciate the intrusion of ones space, especially when it was Mononeko's space. The funny part about this is that Chouko's body is literally pressed against Mononeko, due to how tight she's holding the stuffed cat. And that grip tightened as Teruko grew closer... A biologically created being would have been having trouble breathing by now, with how hard she was doing that.

"So yes, if you could. Space would be nice." Chouko said.
Spoiler : Spd12 :
The push is rather weak, despite how much she seems to want to resist.
Spoiler : GM tag :
Yes.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Spoiler : OOC @Blader :
So after asking enigma if Tsuyotoko is likely bleeding to death or not, enigma figures that Tsuyotoko does not need immediate medical attention. So I'll have Hazuki guide Tsuyotoko to the new floor where they can explore and fight crime and ride the Batmobile or something. Hopefully the destination is okay.
Crew Berthing

It didn't take a genius to figure out that Hazuki's attempt at a pep talk hadn't exactly worked out. She berated herself and wondered if slightly changing her words would have had a more positive impact, or maybe if she had tried a different approach altogether... But dwelling on it wouldn't help. She still had the opportunity to help Tsuyotoko get back on his feet. At least she hoped so.

Mierda... I really hope things turn out okay. Tsuyotoko, you're strong enough for this...

There were many questions Hazuki still had for Tsuyotoko, but she chose not to ask them. They could wait until later.

"Here.... Take my hand. Let's go explore the new floor. You don't have to talk to anyone we run into if you don't want to, but try to, okay? Damn it... Sorry, just complaining to myself..."

Hazuki takes Tsuyotoko's hand and goes to the new floor, deciding that the Bar is a good place to look, mostly because she wants to know if Monokuma is seriously giving them alcohol.
(Maybe Spanish swearing will be more common with Hazuki. She's used it before, but it's rarer. And hey, might as well put that Spanish knowledge to good work...)
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Real Name (2024), A Silly Little Dream (hopefully late 2024 or very early 2025), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully late 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

New Floor

"Um..."

Mononeko squirms uncomfortably.

"Why were you doing that, Teruko-nyan..."
yes
Spoiler : Swagma :
Would you say that Osuji is becoming blind with rage? Nyuk nyuk nyuk.
Spoiler : Kwando :
A rather wide stall, with many items on display on and around the counter. The wall behind the counter is covered in masks on hooks. Above is a large sign with “Monokuma Despair Store~!” written on it in large, blood-coloured, cartoonish letters, with a chibi Salesman!Monobear in a large blue hat drawn at the end.
A small room, basically a closet. Inside is a swivel chair and a desk. On the desk is a set of large radios with headphones attached. On top of the radio is a list of morse code. There is also a sheet of morse code. You see a faint glow beneath it.
Spoiler : DLA :
A small room, basically a closet. Inside is a swivel chair and a desk. On the desk is a set of large radios with headphones attached. On top of the radio is a list of morse code. There is also a sheet of morse code. You see a faint glow beneath it.
Spoiler : Spd :
It's faint... But there's a very slight smell of chlorine.
Spoiler : GD :
A rather fancy oak bar. Martini and wine glasses and non-alcoholic fancy wines hang above the counter, with a set of (again, non-alcoholic) drinks in fancy bottles sitting on the wall behind the counter. In addition, there's a large fridge with chilled/iced juices and soft drinks behind the counter. On the counter, sits a bowl of pretzels and a bowl of peanuts.
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Communications Room

Katsurou soon found out that the Communications Room was a bit claustrophobic, barely having enough space for a few people to fit in. In fact, it looks like it was designed for a single person to use. All the room had was a simple desk and chair with a large radio on it. In a way, it kind of reminded him of his own room back then, except this one had no books in it.

"This is a bit of a tight fit, but it's much better than dealing with those two girls right now." he says to Aloysius, who he had brought into this tiny closet-like room. Hopefully he didn't mind, otherwise he'd be forced to go outside.

"I'll just look over here, while you look over..." he looks behind him and sees there really isn't anything else in the room.

There's an awkward pause.

"Yeah I"ll just look over here. You can take a look too if you wish."

This was not the ideal first place to investigate with a partner.

Katsurou examines the radio to see if it still functions.

Also examine the desk. Does it have any drawers? Does anything particularly noteworthy standout?
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Monobear Shop
Masami looks to see what wares are there.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Spoiler : Alnar, DLA :
By the looks of it, the radio still functions.
It's a minimalistic desk, like you'd find in a schoolroom. From the looks of it, there's a part of it that slides out... There's no way you could open it up without Aloysius knowing.
Spoiler : kwando1313 :
What isn't here? You spot, masks, a meat cleaver (not to be confused with a knife), a metal bat, transparent bulletproof cases, handguns, a hunting knife, lighters, pencils, glass bottles, bobbleheads, toiletry packs, sports balls, ventriloquist dummies... And more, you're sure.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
spd12

Post by spd12 »

New Floor Hallway

The accused feline sniffer meets the acceptably firm shield of a small girl. A brief vocalization, too low in tone to be a squeak but far too high to be a grunt - a sigh, then, maybe? - can be heard as Teruko's left hand touches against the ground, presumably to balance herself. More like... slap down. It sounds a bit loud for just a hand slapping down.

Was she almost knocked over? She puts Chartreuse down prone on the ground, facing away as her now freed hand goes atop the other sleeve. Chouko's queries and requests to have certain things rephrased - and Mononeko's bewilderment - appear to go unanswered for however long it takes to gather herself. It seems to take the same amount of time it would have if she actually did get knocked over...? Her gaze, a theoretical construct of expectation of human anatomy at best thanks to her hair, seems to rest upon the two of them rather than whatever she's doing as part of the process of standing back up.

"It's... it's just as I said," she says as she scoops Chartreuse back up with her right hand, burying her left back underneath it, standing back up. "Captain Monokuma can't open the way to this room... even as the captain."

There's a pause in her words. Consideration? Curiosity? Thinking of an excuse to explain whatever it was she was doing just moments ago?

"Don't you think it might be... fun... to see what's inside?" She asks, putting on a smile. "Before anyone else would know? To... simply throw whatever is inside... all over the ground for all to find a pleasant surprise when it gets stuck to their shoes...."

Her right hand moves away from wrapping around Chartreuse, and up towards hiding her own mouth as she is prone to do. It makes her face unreadable, as her head tilts slightly downward, stepping a bit off to the side as if to allow a clearer view at the keypad that guards the door. "We could... probably open it right now if we tried... I might even know what it is..."

Mononeko's query, vexingly, appears to go unanswered... she starts to laugh...?
One would think that Teruko probably should be reacting more negatively to Chouko's resistance, but... why isn't she? As Teruko is physically larger than Chouko, it probably wouldn't be too hard for her to overpower her for whatever she seems to want out of sniffing the cat... she totally was doing that. That's a red one right there.

I'd say it in red but I ran out of red ink, so just take my word for it. That's a red truth. Cat sniffer. No silly wordplay about how I didn't actually say it in red, that's a player honor thing.

Moving past that, on some level it's more like... hesitant...? Sort of? The words don't say that, but she is slowly giving Chouko space. What could she even be afraid of, if so? Her suggestions are getting a bit candid, even outright teasing, but there's a clear sense of reservation to be gleaned. Something stinks.

...Other than the cat.
I'm not certain what solution you guys have in mind, but I think it'd be cool if Chouko - being SHSL Private Investigator (barring some interesting plot twist dictating otherwise) - could see which numbers on the keypad for the Captain's Office is pressed more often (thus giving some insight into the solution, in so much the numbers but not the order).

Unless it's some clever variation of 0, 3, 7, and multiple 1s, then, uh... well... either way I don't think this one's for me to solve. Teruko does not solve problems. She creates her very own by hand, 100% fair trade humane recyclable made in the indeterminate international waters (all proceeds to go to charity)!!

She's fishing for reactions from Mononeko to see just how big of a deal this door and its contents actually are to the cat, being careful to try and rile up the cat but not the human. She's also already taking note of how hard Chouko seems to be squeezing the cat, to see how much 'give' there is. Now if I could only find a circumstance where Monokuma would like someone to give him a lift so there could be a bit of compare and contrast...

She is legitimately holding back the slip on Monokuma's part about the existence of a previous captain for later.