Super Dangan Ronpa 0.2 [Chapter 3: Normal Days]

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Re: Super Dangan Ronpa 0.2 [Chapter 1: Normal Days]

Post by NihilisticNinja »

Spoiler : Dave :
Nah, keeping up with this thread is enough work without having to also start setting up wedding plans and all that. EFFORT.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Post by Singidava »

Ai was in the midst of pondering whether she should ask Pike about if the anesthetiac given to them could cause allergic reactions, when Shiraki introduced herself.

"Hazuki Shiraki? The Hazuki Shiraki?"

The room had been dark so Ai had not been able to recognise anyone, but now that she paid more attention, the person in the front of her was definitely the violinist, Hazuki Shiraki. Had this been merely a year ago, Ai would've most likely hid the fact that she was actually a big fan to keep her pride. However, she knew she had promised that she'd learn and acting more relaxed might be a good start.

"I was in your concert just last week. I have to say your playing was suberb as always. I quite enjoy classical music and you are among my favorites. It's an honor to meet you in person."

To finish off this stiff confession she bowed. To her, this counted as "acting more relaxed"...
Spoiler : GM :
NihilisticNinja

Spoiler : Singi :
"As a girl, I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books... Someone who fought for what was right, and protected people who couldn't protect themselves!"
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Oh. Huh. Someone really did recognize her here... Well, come to think of it, it was kind of silly to think that someone wouldn't. Many of the students of Hope's Peak were famous, or at least famous in certain groups, unless it was their job to remain hidden (Which made Hazuki wonder how Hope's Peak could find those people, but maybe it was better not to question it). Let's see... Unless Hazuki's memory was failing her, this was Ai, the Physicist. It was always good to meet another fan of classical music, but she had to admit that she wasn't sure how to react.

Hazuki thought back to how she had talked to some of her fans in the past... They had (mostly) all expected her to act professional and graceful. Which was certainly understandable enough, but that didn't match Hazuki's personality at all. She considered herself a very blunt person who was foul-mouthed and could be rude without meaning to be (especially when she was angry or upset)... Though she could certainly manage to act graceful when playing the violin. Hazuki just had to hope that Ai didn't expect her to be some kind of perfect angel of pure purity... Right. Of course. Everyone here had a special talent, but in the end, they were all still people. They could interact normally and admit that they had flaws.

"I do appreciate your kind words, but as a fair warning, I don't consider myself a very kind or graceful person. Normally I'm quite... Blunt, to be honest. So, if you ever think I'm being rude, make sure to tell me, alright? I am making an effort to improve myself... With mixed results... Oh, another fair warning. I'm a bit foul-mouthed, but if that bothers anyone, I can try to keep it to myself." Hazuki said, deciding it would be fair to return the bow. This was meant to show that she considered Ai an equal, and that it would be silly to treat anyone as being 'above' anyone else, given the group they were in.

Hm... That didn't go so badly, right? Considering I don't usually talk to people, at least. I doubt I'll manage to be good at befriending people, but being on non-hostile terms is for the better.
Hazuki internally berates herself for not instantly acting cold or something. Great, just great... Why couldn't she just act cold at all times? That way no one would try to befriend her or think that she actually had some good in her. Yet here she was, speaking to someone normally, which could easily lead to friendship... Ugh. Why did she have to be such a dark-hearted hypocrite? Why did her kindness have to pop up far more often than she liked?
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Wackyman
Spoken languages: English

Post by Wackyman »

The introductions were beginning to pile up, although a few students seemed disinterested in social interaction and more-so in unraveling the mystery of their arrival in the mysterious theater. She couldn't blame them, as it was a logical reaction to waking up in an unfamiliar place. If it were just Akira who awoke suffering from slight disconnect after waking up, that would be one thing. However, sixteen people suffering the same affliction wasn't something to be chalked up as coincidence. She merely engaged in formal introductions as it seemed to be appropriate for a school orientation. Her mind seemed to block out the connection that anything sketchy or dangerous had happened to her. It just seemed unreal to her in her world.

She noticed Masahiro's boisterous display of stealth that she labeled as some sort of dark magic. She couldn't tell if this were the skills of a trained actor or truly the prowess of a real ninja. A ninja almost seemed completely out of place given the aforementioned talents the others announced. If she had more dangerous tools then that smoke bomb, Akira feared for her well-being. She didn't trust such an arsenal with a crazed Satanist.

More eccentric antics ensued as Osuji brought his attention to Akira, telling her to take pride in her ability. What ability? All she had to her presently was a fleeting superstitious concept. What person could consistently be lucky through their life? Whoever that gambler was that attended this school, no matter what tricks and card they hid in their sleeves, their luck would've had to run out eventually and they'd crash and burn. Gamblers and lottery players could make a living off their luck, but they needed to know to fold the cards and realize luck wasn't eternal. Still, the thought of being admitted just by gambling was eye-opening. Perhaps the school's definition of a "field of expertise" was more expansive than she realized.

"Thanks for the reassurance, but I really don't wanna just be known as the "lucky girl"," Akira told Osuji. "I came to this school to unlock my true potential, which is what I intend to do. I could be a great mystery novelist, and pianist, or maybe even a negotiator! It'd be great to be one of the talented ones, like you, Osuji-kun."

She noticed Osuji seemed a bit reluctant to boast after his acting chops. There was no reason to be so modest about having such a wonderful talent.

Akira took a moment to look around the room and remember her situation. "Um...Before even that, we need to figure out where we are. Where's the guy with the cartoon voice?"
What do ya do with a B.A. in English?
HIROSHI-SAMA IS STILL THE GREATEST.
SS Sleuth and I are the same person.
gotMLK7 fashioned the Trama picture below out of female skulls.

[3/19/14 11:31:48 PM] Ultimate Butt-Rubber (Gumpei): on the other hand you could try playing with your balls submerged in icy water
[3/19/14 11:31:51 PM] Nick (Hodou): yeah I'm thinking that's the idea.

Check out my first trial co-created with Dypo_deLina Firing up the Turnabout!
Call me Wacky.

NihilisticNinja

Spoiler : GD :
50 points for bonus RPing.
Spoiler : Wacky :
You go get a job at a fast food chain?
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

"Ammo, huh? Well, if they took it, these won't even work as a bluff. Really strange they allowed someone to play around with a smoke grenade in here though. This just doesn't add up. I have no idea who could be behind this.
You keep watching the front, I'll cover the back. Not much we can do but play along for now, as long as the doors to the place are closed."

Ryuunosuke checks his gun again.
You know, checking for water. Because I'm thirsty.
NihilisticNinja

Spoiler : Rune :
No water or ammo, sorry. :(
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

Sigmund rubbed his eyes again, just for good measure. The scenes of introduction, smoke, jumping, bowing, possibly flirting, loud grunting and what looked like two students whispering something to each other in the distance before him were beyond sudden... and calling it bizarre would've been sugar-coating it.
...Then again, stranger things have probably happened, he rationalized.

Wait... 'loud grunting'?

That's right. He'd heard a loud grunt, coming a few rows in front.
"...Is everything OK?", he asked (well, to be fair - it was more of a whisper) as he slowly moved down, towards what he believed was the source. He wasn't necessarily interested in the person's condition, per-se - merely the situation itself. There was a clear difference, after all - seeing the situation would merely be an act of observing. Knowing the condition would've implied interest in helping.
...Assuming anything was wrong, at all. Perhaps there was a type of person that enjoyed grunting for no apparent reason? There are... after all... all sorts of people on this Earth.

Soon, he found himself in what he believed was the right row, but... He couldn't see anyone. He decided to investigate further and walked between the seats, desperately trying to catch a glimpse of the source. Perhaps it was the tired side of his brain still trying to do the work it had no place doing at that time...?
And yet, before he'd known it, Sigmund found himself dead in his tracks, as he'd apparently managed to trip himself over something. One could say his face and the floor made quite the couple - what, with the way they'd kissed.

"...Ow." If he couldn't pinpoint which part of his head was hurting up to that point, he could do so now - it was the nose.
"Hope that didn't hurt you, though.", he said to the person he'd managed to caught a glimpse of as he was accelerating down. ...And the person he'd clearly ended up tripping over.
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

... Well, her cover was blown, blown to smithereens, glued back together, and then blown up again. Her heart was pounding as her face was clear as crystal. She wasn't going to give an actual human reaction to the man, maybe just speak up... Yes, she'd do that, come off as professional, and then keep your distance. That's how her higher ups told her to deal with strange people who did strange things. Of course, it didn't cross her mind that she was the strange one here. And so she crawled out of the crevice she was in, and stood up, staring down at the fallen man with cold piercing eyes.

"Sources say my body isn't damaged in the least, however, I cannot say the same for yours, tripped-san." She said in a boring voice, her disinterested look continuing on, eventually making her own emotions disinterested. She couldn't panic now, could she? Her heart was still a bit fast, and her head was still a bit pained, but no matter how hard you looked, you wouldn't be able to see that she wasn't exactly in the best mood right then.

"I suppose greetings are in order, as per polite manners I shall say my name first. I am Chouko Minami, the Super Highschool Level Private Detective. You may call me Minami-san, Chouko, or anything that tickles your fancy." She kneeled down, still able to stare down at the man, but she had decided it might be easier to help him up if she was kneeling, so she did so.
Spoiler : GM Notes :
Never gonna give you up.
NihilisticNinja

Spoiler : DWaM :
"And secondly, I don't need people to help me grow up. I drink milk."
Spoiler : Dave :
But are you going to run around or desert me?
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Yuki laughed heartily as the others introduced themselves and began to socialize. "How quaint, a large group of apparent strangers getting to know each other right off the bat! Inspiring! I should dedicate a piece to such a divine social commentary. But, as socialization seems to be the topic of interest right now, then allow me to partake!"

To nobody in particular, Yuki began shouting out. "Greetings, possible future companions! I am Yuki Takumi, age 17. As a member of this elite class of attendees for Hope's Peak Academy, I assume you are already aware that I am here for a specific talent, a field I particularly excell in. What is that talent, you may ask? Well, I shall tell you! I am an artist, but not just any artist. My field does not lie in paint or pencil or sculpture or anything of the like! My field lies within the walls, the most massive and beautiful canvases the world may know! My field lies in the mist of paint sprayed from a freshly purchased can from the hardware store! My field lies in the drips that slowly drip down from the names of those like me! Yes! I am Yuki Takumi, Super High School Level Graffiti Artist! And I am pleased to meet you all, talented and artistic young people of Japan!"

He bowed to the crowd, not really aware if anyone was listening. Though the fact that he had no idea who he was bowing to made him realize that he may have been a little...rambunctious with the intro there. HE straightened up and cleared his throat awkwardly. "...Er...Hi."
Spoiler : GM Notes :
Yuki has a cup of tea with NN and a unicorn.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Wolf Speaker
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

Post by Wolf Speaker »

It was like her mind was submerged in water, carried by some kind of internal, airy sensation of lightness, slowly and gently easing her way up to the surface. She floated towards the surface, which shone brightly through the water. Was that the smell of sea salt...?

Shiho's eyes opened. Feeling the soft velvet beneath her fingers, she pulled herself upright and stared at the plush seat she was sitting in. The seat was warm and comfortable under her legs; it felt like she'd curled up here and slept for quite some time. And yet, she had no memory of arriving in this place... She brought her fingers to her head and carefully felt around her scalp. There were no bumps, bruises, or sore spots... She shifted a bit in her seat. Her body was slightly stiff, and her leg muscles seemed asleep, which was strange, but otherwise she felt no pain.

She stood up. The loss of warmth was immediately felt. She still felt a little light-headed, but it wouldn't get in her way. She rubbed her wrists. They bore no signs of having been tied up. Dusting off the back of her coat, she found it to be the same as always. She probably hadn't been dragged here on her backside, then. She took in her surroundings. Disregarding the other students of Hope's Peak... there was definitely something odd about this room. It was built like a theater, with carpets, lit steps, and all, but the chairs were non-standard, and the floor rocked slightly back and forth beneath her feet... They were unmistakably on a boat, and a large one. Why? Not even Hope's Peak would have its orientation on a cruise ship.

The people around her were all talking to one another. The conversations all had varying tones. Some students seemed quite excited... Others quiet and alert. Some were still unconscious. They had definitely all been knocked out. How? Shiho's fingers brushed her neck. Dart, chloroform, gas? A dart seemed unlikely, and the perpetrator would've had to have been one of the other students. Who had been sitting in a position where they could have pricked her? But there was no trace of any bump or sore spot on her neck. It wouldn't have been an accessible target anyway. Chloroform would've been even trickier to pull off. She would've remembered something, for sure. Then... gas? She cracked her neck from side to side. It seemed possible. There was even someone here with smoke bombs. Equipment... some of the students still seemed to have their belongings with them. What did it all mean?
Spoiler : GMs :
Shiho searches her pockets. She then verifies the area where she woke up, including under the other seats nearby. Finally, she does one last check of her body, looking for any traces of being drugged, pricked, manhandled, or otherwise injured.
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Post by Singidava »

As soon as Ai heard Shiraki's reply, she regretted saying anything. It would've been easier to build a working relationship as mere classmates rather than a fan and an idol. However, as the cat was out of the bag, there was nothing she could do about it. Though she couldn't help but feel slightly displeased, as the violinist seemed to think that Ai would have some major prejudice because of the other girl's profession.

"No matter how good you're with violin, I must say your logic could use some work", Ai replied coolly. Her polite smile hadn't even twitched at Shiraki's reply.

"A truly rude and foul-mouthed person would not apologise beforehand. It's a paradox, really. And there is no need to worry about your image, as even heavy metal bands have violinists these days."

Ai's expression crooked a bit, making the smile seem somehow more humorous. "Though I can't deny that comment wasn't blunt enough."
spd12

Post by spd12 »

The young woman with the hair over her face spends a suspicious amount of time fiddling with something, briefly sitting back down. It doesn't seem like she's trying to fiddle with a cellphone or anything of the sort. With some of the overheard talk about weapons being loaded, people seemingly falling over themselves, and even the polite introductions, there is an air of being... disconnected. As though being in a room full of extraordinary people, in a seemingly extraordinary circumstance, did not hold their immediate attention and curiosity.

She glances around again every so often, as though gauging if any eyes might have been on them. The one in the red hood is dwelt upon for a few seconds longer than most... maybe? She looks down to her lap a few moments later, the significance of looking their way - if any - is never elucidated upon. She takes a deep breath, standing tall once more. Her right arm lifting up... a doll?

"Wow, what a school trip!" Said a most nasal, obnoxious, insufferable young girl's voice. It is as though absolutely every breath, every intonation were carefully, scientifically, masterfully designed to be as annoying and shrill as possible. Maybe, in a roundabout fashion, this is someone's way of getting everyone to wake up. "Students have fallen over one another already! That's why it's a... school... trip... tee hee!"

Any eyes and ears (hearts optional) that are won over in this direction reveals what appears to be a small ventriloquist doll of a young girl all dressed up like just about any pop idol you'd see mincing about on television... like, a decade or two ago, dressed in the color of blood. One hand against the side of her head, she tilts to the side and winks in a fashion that is - despite the obviously fake nature of the doll - rather lifelike, if humans were wooden creatures like... this one.

"I'm Chartreuse!" This, despite none of her clothing actually matching the shade of yellowish-green that she takes her namesake from. Is someone color blind, or just picked a cool-sounding word from an English dictionary somewhere? "I'm also totally talentless and suck at making my own jokes! I totally don't deserve to be in your company but heeeere I aaaaaaam! Manufactured to your tastes, but rejected by your stomach! That's meeeee! The ultimate horrible first impression!!"

If everyone here were a Super High School Level student, the very best of their given field without equal... what does it say for this one? Super High School Level Annoying Character Voice? The girl with the face hidden by hair adopts an entirely neutral, flat expression free of smile, frown, or anything in-between as the doll waves their puppet arms and blows kisses to those who pay it attention. Their holder does not seem to make much an attempt to identify themselves, in the wake of people making frank discussions about their personalities, hopes, and failings.

Which, in itself, might say volumes if it persists in this fashion.
Spoiler : GM Info :
Chartreuse has landed! This RP has just become terrible. Worst character 2014!!