~UDRRP: Forlorn Field Trip~ {OOC} MURDER APPS UPDATE

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Topaz
Spoken languages: English, 日本語

Re: ~UDRRP3D: Forlorn Field Trip~ {Signups/OOC}

Post by Topaz »

03.) Blackrune as "Mikoko Kamiyashiro: SHSL Shrine Maiden" ♀
AHEM

AHEMEMEM
Evo
Spoken languages: Deutsch, English

Post by Evo »

That gender balance oO
I could make my character female, I don't have a very fixed image of them yet, so that would be no problem.
Ami
Spoken languages: English

Post by Ami »

Taking a moment to respond while changing up the rules. <3
Topaz wrote:
03.) Blackrune as "Mikoko Kamiyashiro: SHSL Shrine Maiden" ♀
AHEM

AHEMEMEM
You were SHSL Miko, which is a shrine priestess, right? It's close, but significantly different. You'll notice the differences especially once the app starts. I wouldn't have accepted the app if it were a Suzuno clone.
Evolina deLuna wrote:That gender balance oO
I could make my character female, I don't have a very fixed image of them yet, so that would be no problem.
This is the reason I allowed people to still edit apps while I work on editing the rules and guest room descriptions. With the gender balance revealed, people would probably (at most) change their gender, which wouldn't affect my work in the guest room descriptions.
since 2008!
ZetaAzuel

Post by ZetaAzuel »

you could literally just change my gender to the other if you wanted to, I really wouldn't care since it doesn't change the character in general. I suppose I'd need a new profile though.
Hersh is officially the best for making this awesome Rogan and Parseline Sig!
~Ask Rogan and Djin~
Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Rogan Esquin & Djin

TEAM LINK

Storage:
Eclipse the Lunatone
Abdowing the Woobat
Lasir the Zangoose
Voodoo the Wobbufett Lv. 14
Getter-2 the Porygon 2
ImageImage

Zeta x Dio
~~Proud Son of Dypo deLina and Evolina deLuna~~
Ami

Post by Ami »

ZetaAzuel wrote:you could literally just change my gender to the other if you wanted to, I really wouldn't care since it doesn't change the character in general. I suppose I'd need a new profile though.
Is that a request? If it is, I'll go through with it. If not, I'm not going to change app details on a whim.
since 2008!
Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Post by Singidava »

Even more shockingly, the student sex balance is male: 15, female: 3 since there is one transgender.

And regarding the Japanese names...
Ami wrote:02.) Trybien as "Katsuro Kyouken ( 恭謙 カつろ ): SHSL Yo-yoer" ♂
かつろ or カツロ?
Ami wrote:04.) Mono the Meerp as "Calliope Tokuno ( 徳の そちりりにらせい ): SHSL Diva" ♀
Tokuno Sochiririnirasei?
Topaz
Spoken languages: English, 日本語

Post by Topaz »

Singidava wrote:
Tokuno Sochiririnirasei?
Yeah, I was a bit confused about that one too.

(And P.S. I was joking about the shrine maiden thing)
Ami

Post by Ami »

Singidava wrote:
Even more shockingly, the student sex balance is male: 15, female: 3 since there is one transgender.
The count is done by biological sex, not gender. Gender ratios are 5 female, 13 male, 1 gender-fluid.
Singidava wrote:And regarding the Japanese names...
かつろ or カツロ?
You'd have to ask Trybien. I copied and pasted. <3
Singidava wrote:
Tokuno Sochiririnirasei?
Same as Trybien's, you'd have to ask the author. I can't read kanji.
Topaz wrote:
Singidava wrote:
Tokuno Sochiririnirasei?
Yeah, I was a bit confused about that one too.

(And P.S. I was joking about the shrine maiden thing)
Ah, didn't know you were joking. X3
since 2008!
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Singidava wrote: And regarding the Japanese names...
かつろ or カツロ?
かつろ

If it is incorrect, I apologize. I used a Japanese name list site thingy to get the name and kanji, and you know how the internet can be :|. Anyways, if it is wrong, I don't mind being corrected.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

I have no idea about what happened there. If anyone can fix it I'd be glad about that~ ;~;
Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Post by Singidava »

@Trybien: かつろ is fine.

@Mono: I'd go for カリオープ as the given name, though the spelling depends on how you intend the name to be pronounced (in different languages the same letters might be pronounced differently). With the family name there is the problem that in general you shouldn't use both kanji and hiragana in your name, so you might want to pick a kanji for that "no" syllable. Or I guess you could also just switch it to katakana (徳ノ), as that is used in some names (for example the twins in derp) though usually it'd need to be between two kanjis.
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

That didn't help at all. ;_; I'm still confused.
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Singidava wrote:@Trybien: かつろ is fine.
Awesome, and thanks.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
Ami

Post by Ami »

Let it never be said that I don't stick to my word. I did promise enigma quite a while back that I'd change the rules. After the craziness of the past couple weeks, allow me to present the re-written rules and how to play section. Turned out better than I thought it would: I either re-worded something that enigma had said or copied from my resolutions back on the DRRP1 thread- as enigma's rules were basically just mine re-written (and if I re-wrote enigma's to enable it to be uniquely mine once more, does that make it recursive writing?), and I've added/clarified things that may be unique to my game. For instance, I may allow at least one double-murder in the game. Especially since our cast is a little larger than usual. Larger than life, one might say! <3

RP Rules
Spoiler : NEW AND IMPROVED! :
GENERAL RULES:

- Keep in mind that these RP rules are subject to change at any time, and it is the player's burden to keep abreast of these changes. Furthermore, just because it isn't explicitly forbidden in the rules doesn't mean you can do whatever you wish- in a word: don't be a jerk.

- All posts are required to have a spoiler tag (titled along the lines of "GM Note", "Game Masters", etc.). If you have a private action or something to be said privately to the Game Masters (Ami, Kwando1313, Enthalpy), place it within said spoiler tags- but you may leave them empty if there is nothing you want to say and/or do privately.

- All GM spoiler tags will be responded to, whether or not they have content or not. These responses will also be in spoiler tags- each response marked with the player and/or character name it is intended for. If we respond to a blank tag, we will make a blank tag in response.

- To whisper, talk privately, or otherwise communicate with another player's character in a secret or otherwise private fashion, please utilize specific spoiler tags for that conversation. Mark these spoiler tags with the intended reading audience. For example, Player A may want to whisper to Player B, so s/z/he will make a spoiler tag marked "Player A and Player B" or "Player A's Character and Player B's Character". Only the indicated players of the players/characters indicated in the title of the spoiler tag may read the spoiler tag. Keep in mind that all Game Masters are allowed to read these as well.

- Please respond to all Game Master inquiries in a timely manner. Inability to do so will be met with warnings. Repeated offenses will be dealt with by sanctions regarding this RP.

- Please do not read any spoiler tags that aren't directed at you. We will be using the honor system, but keep in mind that part of this RP works on the anonymity of some actions and conversations. As such, if you are found reading spoiler tags that don't belong to you, the GM's will act accordingly with sanctions in regards to this RP.

- No speed posting- the act of two or more parties posting so often that other players will lose track of what is going on. The players will regulate this themselves for the most part. If it gets especially abusive, however, a GM may ask a player to wait for others to post. If abuse continues, GM's will intervene with further sanctions on the offending player(s).

- Consent!!! If any action you and/or your character does may have an enduring effect on another character physically/mentally, prevents a character from acting/speaking, or otherwise inhibits another character DO SO WITH CONSENT OF THE AFFECTED PLAYERS. If you believe someone has done something of this kind to you without consent, please contact the GM's and the Game Masters will handle it.

- Self-preservation instinct is present in all player characters. Excessive self-harm and/or suicide (inclusive of suicide-by-other-person) will not be allowed in this game. If your character is harming his/zher/herself, then there MUST be justifiable in-character/in-plot and with the approval of the Game Masters.

- A Game Master's word is the final word. If you disagree with what a Game Master, take it up with another GM. If the GM's agree on a ruling as a whole, it is the final word. If you believe that the Game Master team have done something abusive or rule-breaking, please ask a site moderator (Tap and Daniel are fairly active, and Meph, while less active, has been posting some lately) and/or Unas for help, and they will handle the matter for you.

- Activity: we encourage it. However, excessive inactivity in the RP will be met with a warning. Repeated offenses will be handled by sanctions regarding this RP.

- Animal Cruelty is expressly forbidden. Any action that harms a non-human animal will be immediately retconned by the GM's, the post will be deleted, and offending parties will be met with sanctions regarding this RP AND possible site mod staff actions.

- The game will follow the following flow of events. A Chapter will have three phases, and each phase may have one or more parts. Any part, phase, and/or chapter may last any number of in-game days, and are moved along by GM discretion.

- Chapter/Phase/Part Progression:
^^^ CHAPTER STARTS ^^^

[*] Phase "Normal Days- Free Time": A time to interact and relax- and plot.
- Part 1: A time of interaction between players, players and NPC's.
- Part 2: Monokuma's motive is given in some way, shape, or form.
- Part 3: Players once again interact with each other and NPC's. Murder applications are open during this time.
- Part 4: Murder application acceptance announced. Phase ends when a body is discovered.
[*] Phase "ABNormal Days- Investigation": The investigation phase! A time to deduce, obfuscate, and discover!
- Part 1: All doors (with only plot-sensitive exceptions) are unlocked, and players may freely roam the castle in search for clues. Testimony PM's are sent. Phase ends when all evidence is found by at least one non-murderer character.
- Part 2: If there is any inability to find clues for an extended period of time, the GM's will show which rooms still have evidence waiting to be found. This part is skipped if this isn't an issue.
- Part 3: The Game Masters determine the best possible schedule for the trial with the players, and announce it. Phase ends when the trial date is met.
[*] Phase "ABNormal Days- Trial": THE TRIAL OF THRILLS, CHILLS, KILLS!
- Part 1: Monokuma goes over trial procedure, and starts the conversation.
- Part 2: Players deliberate.
- Part 3: After a set amount of time, deliberations will be closed and voting will commence. Votes are sent in to the GM's by PM, and are decided by simple majority.
- Part 4: Announcement of correctness of verdict.
- Part 5: The execution. If the murderer has escaped notice, then s/he will also be able to have an AU ending wherein s/z/he escapes.
- Part 6: Final comments from players at the end of the trial, and a message from Monokuma if your chaperone decides it necessary. Chapter ends after Monokuma releases the students from the trial room.
NOTE: Don't worry about parts too much, I'm not going to dictate that they be followed exactly as stated, but each phase and chapter will move in accordance to events. This is just a general outline of what to expect.

MURDER APPLICATION RULES AND REQUIREMENTS:

- There will only be one murder in each chapter. Double-murders may only be committed when designated.

- Players will not make a murder application that makes finding the solution impossible or too improbable. Doing so will result in the rejection of your murder app.

- Guilt is determined by whomever directly kills the player. Third parties involved in a murder may not be the guilty party, and so cannot directly be involved in the murder or another player.

- Murder applications will be submitted to the Game Masters in private.

- Murder applications will be accepted and rejected as a whole without any changes from the GM's. We may or may not give reasons when we reject an application, but if there are reasons given when an app is rejected, the GM's will not accept that app until it meets the given conditions. However, all rejection notices will be given in a timely manner, even if there isn't a reason given for it. All acceptance and/or rejection of murder apps must have GM consensus.

- Murder applications are accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis. The first application deemed acceptable by the Game Masters will be the one used for that chapter.

- If there are no viable murder apps for an extended period of time, the GM's may pick the murderer and victim at random, creating the mystery themselves. This is ONLY an EMERGENCY MEASURE in response to excessive stagnation. In this case, sufficient warnings will be given to the players before we resort to this.

- My application...:
[*] MUST include the exact scenario of how the murder was planned.
[*] MUST include the exact scenario of how the murder was carried out (which may or may not differ from the plan).
[*] MAY include the exact scenario of how the murder was covered up.
[*] MUST include evidence that can and must be found by players before the trial occurs. Each piece of evidence must be properly categorized and labeled with a title (what the item or items are), and a short description (pertinent details about the item).
[*] MAY include testimony from other living characters. If so, I must describe exactly what the character witnesses. This information will be sent by the GM's to the intended character(s) at the beginning of the investigation phase. If my crime references something that happened earlier in the plot, a testimony must be made for involved parties (i.e. "Player A told Player B that s/he X one day before the murder". If X is heavily involved in the means, motive, opportunity- or is otherwise necessary to solve the crime- Player B must have testimony regarding X).
[*] MUST include HOW evidence and/or testimony fits together to solve the mystery.
[*] MUST include an in-character reason for doing so. This may be as simple as "the character snaps and has a moment of weakness", to "greed", to "revenge", to even "because I felt like it".
[*] MUST have evidence of a cover-up IF THERE IS ANY COVER-UP OF EVIDENCE. You may not unilaterally destroy and/or alter evidence, the body, the scene of the crime, etc. to cover your crime and expect people to solve it.
[*] IS FINAL. I recognize that after the crime is set up and the app is accepted, I (and any third party) am not allowed to hide, alter, and/or destroy ANY evidence for ANY reason. I am still allowed to argue and obfuscate the facts verbally, but I (nor any third party) may not inhibit the discovery of evidence.

- Confessions. Confessions will only be allowed with GM permission. And even then, only during the trial after the crime has been sufficiently solved.

INVESTIGATION PROCEDURE AND RULES:

- The acceptance of a murder application is publicly announced. After this time, players may go about their business until the body is discovered.

- The discovery of a body is defined as "two or more living characters- whom did not kill the victim- that visually see the body". The discovery is limited to non-murderers as you cannot discover something you've had a hand in making. Third parties, however, are exempt from this as long as they have not seen the murder committed.

- When a body is discovered, relevant testimonies will be distributed to all players via Private Message (or PM).

- When a body is discovered, the investigation phase begins. All doors will be unlocked- save for the bulkhead leading to the docking bay and/or any room deemed "off-limits" by Monokuma.

- The investigation phase ends (and the trial phase begins) when all pieces of evidence has been received by at least one non-guilty character. This will include testimony PM's being read.

- The trial date will be decided by consensus of the Game Masters, but we will endeavor to accommodate your schedules. Information regarding a set trial date will be sent to all players in some form or another (usually a post in the OOC thread and/or PM's) in at least three to seven days in advance.

- If there is a large amount of time elapsed without all evidence being found, the GM's will mark which rooms still have evidence needing to be found- but nothing else will be told to the players to keep things fair.

- All living, non-murdering, non-third-party players and/or characters will work together to find evidence. Keeping evidence from other characters through hiding, destroying, changing, or any other means is explicitly forbidden. A player's findings, deductions, thoughts, and feelings regarding evidence is still allowed to be hidden until the trial. Example: SHSL Blood Type Determiner isn't allowed to hide the blood splatter s/z/he finds, but is allowed to not share what type the blood is until the trial.

- No player is required to share testimony until the trial, although they are certainly encouraged to do so.

TRIAL PROCEDURE AND RULES:

- All trials will be held on a specific trial thread. When in use, the trial thread will be unlocked and the in-character thread will be locked. The OoC thread will always be unlocked for players, spectators, and game masters to post in for the duration of the game.

- If any one trial is broken up into several periods of a few hours instead of one block of a few hours, then recesses will be held where the in-character trial thread is locked until the court "reconvenes". Players, spectators, and game masters may still post in the OoC thread during this time, as the OoC thread won't be locked for the duration of the game.

- Players and characters absent during any necessary trial time that necessary to continue the trial at any given time will be bunnied (that is, controlled by the GM as an NPC) to help continue the trial in an expedient and efficient manner. Bunnying will be in effect until either the player arrives or the trial ends.

- Trials begin with Monokuma's opening statement (usually how the trials work), and then the rest of the allotted time will be dedicated to the players deliberating the evidence and testimony they've accumulated during the investigation phase.

- Once the deliberation time is up, players will vote via Private Message (PM) to the Game Masters (GM's). The vote will be decided by simple majority.

- While there isn't a "win condition" or "lose condition" per se, if the murderer successfully evades a guilty verdict, s/z/he will get an AU ending wherein s/z/he will escape while the other students are executed. Win or lose, the trial will end in the canon execution of the murderer, and the game will continue.

Third Party Rules:

- Third parties are defined as "a player whose character INTENTIONALLY changes the crime scene and/or evidence, and/or conspires with the murderer".

- Third parties MUST jointly send in their app with the murder app, with the consent of the player sending in the murder app, AND the murder app must include all information from the third party application.

- Third parties cannot be victims unless there is a double-murder allowed. Furthermore, the third party's player MUST consent to being murdered as well (even if the character does not).

- Third parties may NOT commit murder/suicide, nor are they allowed to accept guilt in place of the actual murderer.

- Once a third party colludes with a murderer, s/z/he is part of the crime for all intents and purposes (even if their characters do not "know" they are working together). THIS MEANS THAT THE THIRD PARTY IS NOT ALLOWED TO DIRECTLY HELP SOLVE THE CRIME UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR THE ENTIRETY OF THE INVESTIGATION AND TRIAL, UNTIL THE END OF THE TRIAL. However, the discovery of the third party's involvement by innocent parties may indeed lead to developments leading to the identification of the true culprit.

- AGAIN: CONFESSIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED. The only exception is if the other characters have sufficiently solved the crime, AND THE KILLER HAS THE GAME MASTER'S EXPRESSED APPROVAL.
How To Play
Spoiler : Rules 2: Electric Boogaloo :
Successfully completing actions from moving between rooms to investigation objects!

Much like enigma's DRRP1, actions are in bold. Like, for example:
Ibuki moves Ibuki's legs towards the Foyer, and the rest of Ibuki goes with them!

All actions must be written in bold when a player's character moves from one room to another or when a player's character interacts with any object in the game.

If you want to perform an action without the knowledge of the other players, please place said action your GM Note spoiler tags.

GM's will respond to all actions (public and/or private) accordingly with all due haste. GM's will respond to public actions publicly and private actions within the reply to the GM notes (which are also in spoiler tags labelled for the player and/or the player's character).

Sending In a Murder Application
When you send a Private Message containing your Murder Application to the Game Masters, please follow the rules stated in the RP Rules section for murder applications. As for a template, here is one for those wishing to streamline murder apps (which helps us out a little bit when reading through it).

[*] Murderer: The name of the player's character whom carries out the murder.
[*] Third Party: If applicable, the name of the player and the player's character that aides the murderer in any way, shape or form. The characters don't have to have knowledge of each other's deeds.
[*] Murderer's Motive: Why was the murder committed? What were the thought processes and situation that led to the murder?
[*] Third Party Motive: If applicable, why did the third party alter evidence and/or otherwise aid the murderer?
[*] Evidence: List all evidence that relates to the trial, like...
- Example A: A small description of the evidence. (How it relates to the crime in parenthesis.)
or, for an example that's a little less vague...
- Blood on Victim The dried blood on the victim moves upwards despite the victim's body being positioned normally. (The body was moved, the blood indicates that the body has been repositioned.)
[*] Testimony: List all pieces of testimony like...
- X character witnessed Y event during the events of the murder. (How it relates to the crime, and if there is a hidden truth from what was observed that the witness didn't directly see.)
or, for an example that's less vague...
- Ami heard some sounds in the kitchen when the kitchen was supposedly locked. (During this time, Flash was stealing the cookies from the cookie jar.)
[*] How It Happened: How all evidence and testimony fits together, a time line of the crime from planning, to the actual killing, to any covering-up of the crime.

NOTE: IF THERE IS A THIRD PARTY, THE ORIGINAL MURDER APP NEEDS TO EXPRESS CONSENT OF A SPECIFIC PLAYER AND CHARACTER TO HAVE BEEN A THIRD PARTY. THE THIRD PARTY NEEDS TO ALSO SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO THE GAME MASTERS EXPRESSING CONSENT OF BEING A THIRD PARTY.

An app will be accepted and rejected via Game Master consensus based on the fairness of the mystery (is it able to be feasibly solved?), the ability for Game Masters to understand the entirety of the mystery (are we able to fully understand the implications of each piece of evidence and how it fits into the crime?), and the order in which it was received (the first application received that meets the other two criterion will be the one that is used). If an app is rejected and a corrected application is sent in, it is treated as a completely new application instead of the continuation of the original for fairness purposes when it comes to the first-come-first-serve policy. Furthermore, if there is a third party, the "time of sending in the app" will be considered the murderer's app- but a murder application with a third party cannot be fully accepted until the third party player expresses consent.
And, as you may notice, this is copied directly from the OP of this thread, so know that it is reflected there, and will be reflected in the later game thread!

Now off to eat, and then I'll be starting to create room descriptions for every guest room for every player's character, customizing them to match personality and SHSL. [/color]
since 2008!
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

I mostly made my character male because I literally have no active male RP characters at the moment. I COULD rewrite him as a female character if it was absolutely necessary, but I feel like it would make it less obvious what he's supposed to be a parody of.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.