Super Dangan Ronpa 0.2 [Courtroom -CLOSED-]

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

DWaM
Spoken languages: English

Re: Super Dangan Ronpa 0.2 [Courtroom -Chapter 1 Class Trial

Post by DWaM »

As Sigmund listened to the discussion that slowly built up around him, a part of him thought: This is just like a witch trial. Not that he'd ever been to one, but... It was just something in the air. It could've just been the circle and everything. He wasn't sure. Maybe it was the thought that - guilty or innocent - someone would have a noose tied around their neck and have their life extinguished? Naturally - in the scenario of the innocent, it wouldn't just be one person.

But in that case, it wouldn't be a witch trial anymore.

It would just be the witch slaughtering the (in this analogy, perhaps correctly) superstitious pilgrims.

...Or maybe it's just the idea of a bunch of crazy people having a group discussion while a mechanical bear watches. Yeah, probably that.

"Well, the way I see it...", he finally spoke, deciding to join in on the discussion. "...We don't need to even 'assume' the cleaver is the murder weapon - we can essentially prove it through process of elimination, no? Using a normal knife - by all accounts, at least - doesn't make the kind of wound Yakuro was killed with. The sword is still a valid option, but not likely when you put yourself in the killer's shoes. After all, the only ones that would consider it a valid option in the first place are males, which... well, narrows down the suspects by literally half. If you're trying to get away with murder, that's not the best idea, is it...?

And, well... if the culprit is a girl, then they couldn't have gotten a sword, anyway. So the cleaver would've probably been the next best thing in either cases."

He paused, scratching his stubble.

"As for what actually happened to it... Well... If nobody found it, then I have to agree with the actor that we'll probably never know what happened to it. The culprit could've very well just hid it in their room or something."

Or, well...

There is an alternative, but...

...I guess it's too late for that.

"...In any case - I obviously didn't find it."
spd12

Post by spd12 »

Spoiler : Wolf Speaker, DWaM :
Teruko smells kind of funny (in a 'when has she last changed clothes' way) and has coal dust on her clothes.

These may or may not be important details.
Teruko stands quietly among the gathered. Her right hand is holding onto Chartreuse, hand fitted through the back as though to perform with them at any given moment... at a time that does not really warrant anything other than people giving the proceedings their full attention, with their full consideration about what they risk should they not discover their killer.

For the early goings, at least, the very threat of having the courtroom drown in Chartreuse's ear-piercing voice seems to remain only just that - a threat. Who knows what the puppeteer herself might be thinking as she seems... content? To watch the verbal sparring that goes between the fifteen who stand present.

Up until now.

"Y'know, y'all, y'see," There it is. At last, that horrible, nasal, overly sacchrine voice invades the good senses of everyone involved - Chartreuse speaks with an arm raised and a slight tilt to the side, as though content to do so to cut through the crowd of voices that might form in this debate, "there wasn't any blood in the hallway, like... at all! No cleaver, or anything they coulda wrapped it in... 'cause that'd be all bloody icky gross too... like, there'd be drips and stuff, wouldn't there? A bloody rag, somewhere? Nope! Nothing! Nada!"

Teruko clears her throat. She speaks in her softer tone of voice, in place of the puppet. "I... can attest to what some have already said. If... if this cleaver exists, I don't... I don't know if it could have been taken out around the ship without someone noticing."

She frowns, as though... uncertain?

"Even so, I found no trace of a cleaver... even near the crime scene, for that matter."

She turns her head a ways over in the circular arrangement towards... Akira, maybe? It's hard to tell when one can't see her eyes. She doesn't say anything further for the moment. (In the case of Chartreuse, hopefully never, ever again.)
Topaz
Spoken languages: English, 日本語

Post by Topaz »

"Hoh! But you are forgetting about one detail, weakling! Ka... Kara... The victim's room contained a bloody set of their clothes! Could that not have been used to carry this weapon around without spilling any blood on the floor? It definitely seems thick enough! But I suppose there is then the point that nobody has discovered this cleaver, yes. That can be explained easily, too!" Masahiro folded her arms and smirked proudly "Ha, ha, ha! It's quite simple! The killer used shrinking magick to make the cleaver so tiny it could fit down the shower drain and... Poof! It's gone forever! Ha, ha, ha!"

She twirled a ninja star between her fingers as she let her genius deductions sink in. She was certain there wasn't a single hole in her theory. It was airtight, and one could tell how proud of it she was just by looking at her smug face.
The Fury Wraith
Spoken languages: English, Dutch

Post by The Fury Wraith »

''Heh, then that would explain what happened to your brain, Ninja-Pirate. Was already wondering about that, you know. Looks like that mystery is solved and all... Yeah...'' Ryuunosuke remarked with a smirk. He then looked at his brother right next to him before speaking again. ''So uh... right... This thing... Well, humm... Like how are we so sure it could be this missing cleaver, though? Just because it is missing? I dunno, just thinking out loud. I mean, just saying... Might be that the murder weapon was something other than that girl just said it could be, right?'' Ryuunosuke pointed at Masami. He then finally shrugged. ''...Or maybe someone here has the cleaver on their person?''
Case made by me: Turnabout Retribution
spd12

Post by spd12 »

A frown - well, a new one - forms on Teruko's face as she looks towards her right. "Of course... shrinking magic. How could I be so... short-sighted?"

The puppet brings up a hand to their own face, as though to suppress laughter, though it doesn't sound like there's much in the way of laughter coming from Teruko's tone of voice. Who even knows, with her?
Spoiler : Alnar :
It's kind of subtle, but considering the circumstances... something about her body language comes of las less 'frightenend, tense' like most people ought to be in this situation - not that there really is a standard for such a situation because this whole thing is totally weird and likely without any precedent to one's recollection - and far more 'annoyed.'

...Maybe 'disgusted?' One can't see her eyes, which might be a deciding factor in determining what she's feeling or possibly even thinking, but... she doesn't seem keen to be looking towards her left.
"Aren't we getting a little too far ahead of ourselves...?" She speaks up in that oddly gentle tone of voice she carries herself with. "I do believe someone has mentioned something about... a knife already found not... fitting a wound? I'm not sure if I'm ready to dismiss that."

She appears to level her gaze to look back towards the center of the empty circle that the stands are built around, but given what she says next, it's probably no surprise who she might be looking towards.. "Someone had a knife on their person, covered in blood. If that's not involved... why is it covered in blood... or found on them?"
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

"I believe the person in question merely picked it up from the shock of finding a dead body," Shin'ichi offered. "Although it may be best to hear it from the horse's mouth, in this case."
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

"In the end, the only thing in this discussion that really matters is if we can determine whether it was the SWORD or a KNIFE. They both cause quite a rumble in the case as one may limit the amount of suspects to a part of the gender binary. The knives on the other hand were all taken from the same place, and thus could have been taken at any time during the last few days." Chouko said calmly, staring at Monokuma.
Spoiler : Monokuma :
No matter what, she doesn't seem to take her eyes off of you... WILL THE DOKIS SPROUT BETWEEN YOU TWO?!
Spoiler : Alnar :
If you had seen any of her behavior before, it would fall under logic that she finds being around any form of stuffed animals comforting, and that she's staring at Monokuma so that she can get a firm grip of her mental state while talking.
"Is there any way to figure out which was the murder weapon? Has it been considered that the missing cleaver is missing simply to cause doubt about the murder weapon? Has anyone thought about how different a cleaver's blade is to a sword's? As soon as the current question is answered I feel we should think about these a bit."
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Osuji didn't like the idea of listening to the bear OR continuing to let Naota walk all over him, but he reluctantly rolled his sleeves back up. Not that he wasn't going to let this end without a snarky comment, though. Osuji inserted sarcasm into his voice as blatantly and dramatically as he could.

"Oh, since the rest of you are talking about it, I WOULD mention that the sword isn't the murder weapon because I checked the wound myself, but THAT would be spewing more 'idiocy' which would offend poor, poor Naota. I'd better keep quiet about that fact as not to harm his delicate little ears. He might cry again. We couldn't have THAT now, could we?"
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

"The actor's unhappy camper mood aside, that is very important, thank you, Osuji-san." Chouko said with a nod, keeping her gaze on Monokuma, not even seeming to bother to look Osuji in the eye. She did do a little wave however.
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

"You also don't need to mention it, because I checked the wound myself," Shin'ichi replied, ignoring the latter half of Osuji's comments. "I was the one who brought the sword to Yakuro's room in the first place. And, in case you've forgotten, one of the first things I did in the investigation was check to see if it looked like the sword had been used.

"We can try to figure out the murder weapon by comparing them to the wound, but it's difficult to definitively state without without all the possibilities. ...Of course, that doesn't mean we can't make a good guess."
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

"...And your guess is the cleaver, right? Then we're just back where we started..." Osuji sighed. "Let's just simplify this issue, right here and right now. Is there any reason to believe the murder weapon wasn't the cleaver? Nothing else makes sense, as far as I'm concerned."
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Wackyman

Post by Wackyman »

"Though, considering a certain someone was found at the scene, all murder-like, this trials probably already over..."

Alright, I'm officially setting you to "Ignore"...

Akira listened intently as the discussion over who the killer was began. She had hoped to come to the courtroom armed with a plethora of evidence to expose the sick bastard who killed one of her fellow classmates, but in the end she wound up dropping the ball with the investigation. She mostly stayed rooted in Mutsuho's room...almost like a tree. While this need give her a front row seat to a rather interesting reveal regarding a certain "assassin", the fact remained that she had barely any evidence to identify the killer with. It seemed most of the responsibility of finding the killer would rest with the other students.

She felt like a massive failure for not finding more evidence, but she wasn't allowed the luxury to wallow. She psyched herself up to help with the trial in any way she could.

"Just as Naot--ah, uh...'Shin'ichi' said, I merely picked up the knife without thinking of the consequences. As for why it is covered in blood, I can't see how it's relevant if the knife doesn't match the wound. It's most likely a red herring. If the sword and the knife don't fit the bill, that only leaves this mysterious cleaver, doesn't it? Unless we assume there is a fourth option we're not seeing."

Akira taps her finger on her stand. "If you want me to go over my involvement in this case again, I will, but I assure you I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm sticking by that."
HIROSHI-SAMA IS STILL THE GREATEST.
SS Sleuth and I are the same person.
gotMLK7 fashioned the Trama picture below out of female skulls.

[3/19/14 11:31:48 PM] Ultimate Butt-Rubber (Gumpei): on the other hand you could try playing with your balls submerged in icy water
[3/19/14 11:31:51 PM] Nick (Hodou): yeah I'm thinking that's the idea.

Check out my first trial co-created with Dypo_deLina Firing up the Turnabout!
Call me Wacky.

Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

"Well, there's that axe that went missing the other day," Shin'ichi pointed out. "Of course, a cleaver and an axe leave similar wounds, and we have no idea who took either, so I don't think it makes much of a difference which one it is."
Topaz
Spoken languages: English, 日本語

Post by Topaz »

"But there is a fourth option you mortals have yet to see! The holy spear of angels, Gungnir, could have easily performed such a vile act! I put forth that an angel is hiding amongst us, plotting all form of evil! Show yourself, coward!!" Masahiro shouts to the whole room "I shall strike you down and finish this morbid game of tag before another one of these pathetic mortals is sent to heaven to join you! Your holy spear is of no match to my hellish arsenal, and I shall prove it to you in a grand battle of might! Ha!"
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

"And, as I've already explained, it was impossible for her to commit the crime, anyway." Osuji chimed in, as if he expected everyone would immediately forget what he said at the start of the trial. "I'd be more than happy to share the proof with anyone who continues to doubt that. Right, Yuunosuke?"

The idea of a fifth weapon, the holy spear of angels, Gungnir was raised, but Osuji quickly dismissed it. He DID Feel the need to respond to the other possibility, though.

"It couldn't POSSIBLY have been the axe." Osuji retorted. "The wound on Yakuro's body was a stab wound. You don't stab someone with an axe!"
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage