Super Dangan Ronpa 0.2 [Courtroom -CLOSED-]

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Re: Super Dangan Ronpa 0.2 [Courtroom -Chapter 1 Class Trial

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Osuji scoffed, not amused with the puppet's outburst. "Well, geez, if you wanted details, why didn't you just ASK for them in the first place like a normal person would? My ability isn't 'Psychic', I don't know what goes on in that... unique mind of yours..." Grumbling, Osuji took a minute to recount the event in his head.

"Anyway, it's all pretty much as Akira said. Although I should add that I searched for any other weapons or another party in that room after we found him, and I came up empty. And just to prove that I didn't find anything, I got Yuunosuke to search both of us after I was done, and he found nothing, save for the knife that Akira had. So there you go. There's no way either of us did it." He took the time to once again proudly remind everyone.

He then turned to Akira to answer her... he had heard about the footage, and later saw it for himself.

"Yeah. We were caught entering Yakuro's room on film."
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

"Oh Teruko, you disappoint me. You DO know that none of you have exact watches, right? Let's just be clear here. With all this stress, your sense of the passage of time is gonna be off, especially that late at night. Isn't it strange how time goes by that quickly when you're having fun?"

"So no, though they showed up around 4:30, they could have easily showed up at 4:40, just in time for Akira to use her magic fingers to stab Yakuro! Upupupupu~"

"In fact... That's the most logical explanation!""

"Being a good captain and headmaster, I have to keep an eye on what goes on within these hallways. Just imagine if Akira had gone into Yakuro's room alone! So of course, I had a security camera installed. Just to keep you safe! Care to see what it found, Akira?"

Monokuma plays a video for the class...

The camera starts out panning left and right, and covers the whole hallway. It pauses for ten seconds, and then takes five seconds to pan. There's a timestamp at the bottom, but it doesn't record the actual time, just the elapsed time since video start... The video starts with Hazuki taking a basket of laundry to the laundry room, glancing at Yakuro's room when she walks by...

"Fast-forwarding!" says Monobear. And the fast-forwarding happens. Nothing seems out of the ordinary in the camera data. When the fast-forwarding stops, two minutes of footage have passed. Hazuki now returns to her room with a half-full laundry basket, passing by Osuji and Akira as she does so. The two of them then enter the room but step out after a few seconds, not even able to fully open the door. A minute or two passes. Akira enters, and Osuji rushes in shortly after. Then, the door of Sigmund's room becomes ajar. Two minutes of empty hallway pass, and then Sigmund's door closes. Two more minutes, Osuji and Akira rush out. The camera now pans left and stays there for five minutes. You see a door to Yakuro's room left very open. Osuji, Akira, and a Ryuunosuke then enter the room... End footage.

Camera Footage
The camera footage that shows the hallway during the time of the crime. The camera panned from left side to the right side of the hallway. The camera focused on one side for about 10 seconds before panning to the other side. The actual pan takes around 5 seconds. The footage itself doesn't appear to show the actual time, rather just showing the total amount of time recorded (about 10 hours or so). The events play out largely as stated by testimonies. Hazuki is seem going to the laundry room and taking notice of something as she passes Yakuro's room and leaves it after two minutes just as Osuji and Akira go to Yakuro's room and enter it. After a few seconds, they are seen leaving, but sticking around near the door. After about a minute or two, Akira appears to enter the room. A few seconds later, Osuji follows in a hurry. At that time, Sigmund's room opens slightly. The hallway appears empty for the next two minutes, after which the door to Sigmund's room closes. After two more minutes, Osuji and Akira are seen leaving Yakuro's room and the camera tracks them to the other side of the hall, when they knock on Ryuunosuke's door and are let in. After this, the camera appears to swing back and focus on the left side of the hallway and stop for the next five minutes, showing the open door to Yakuro's room. Nobody appeared to enter or leave during that time. Finally, Osuji, Akira and one of the Ryunosuuke twins are seen entering the room. The footage ends there.
Spoiler : spd12 :
There it is again, the discord in their heart body language!
Spoiler : Alnar :
You can analyze the body language, if you wish.
"And there you have it! Akira stabbed poor Yakuro! This video tape, being the equivalent of your captain's testimony, is beyond question!"
Spoiler : OOC :
Adding of evidence to the front of the topic should happen when enigma gets on.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

...Heh.

"...And that's fine if it is. Just to clarify, the twin in the footage is Yuunosuke, as I've said." Osuji was completely unfazed by the footage, knowing what Monokuma was trying to get at with this.

"...After all, if this tape is supposed to be decisive evidence against us, it fails to answer the question: Where did the larger knife go after Akira stabbed Yakuro?" He asked as a smug smile began to form on his face.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

"It's simple," Shin'ichi said. He didn't want to go down this route... but he couldn't help but act contrary to Osuji.

"You searched the room, but by chance you skipped over the place Akira hid the larger knife. After all, what's Akira's 'talent' again...?"
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Osuji glared at Naota. "So your entire argument is based around me being an idiot? Intriguing... but how on EARTH would I miss such a large knife with fresh blood on it?" He responded coldly before speaking up again, as if he wasn't going to accept any answer Naota gave him.

"Besides, Naota, I wouldn't try my patience too hard if I were you... I know a... secret of yours that just might wind up connecting you to this crime. Wouldn't it be a great shame if something like that got out in the open?" Osuji asked with a sneer, making it very clear he wanted Naota to back off right here and right now.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

"Well when you phrase it like that..."

Shin'ichi grinned. "I fail to see any hole in my theory."
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

"You have to be an idiot if you think I'm going to let this stand!" Osuji barked back. "If you're going to doubt my witness account and thorough examination of that room, then I demand proof!"
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
DWaM
Spoken languages: English

Post by DWaM »

"You're right. You couldn't have missed it." Sigmund suddenly spoke up, a faint smirk appearing on his face - even though his eyes showed very little amusement with the situation. "Maybe you just decided to help her cover up after she told you 'I didn't do it' using puppy dog eyes and you just 'happened' to 'glance over with' and then simply hid it when you had the chance." He scratched his stubble. ...Again. "Oh. And blackmailing someone in public. How does that work, exactly?

See? There's always an easy way to make you a horrible person."

As soon as saying that, he quickly diverted his gaze from Osuji. The smirk faded soon afterwards.

He looked at Teruko. Her outburst earlier... well, it was pretty hard to miss it. And pretty hard not to be slightly intrigued by it. After all... that was the second time, wasn't it? Hm... I wonder how long before it stops being... fun. He looked at his hand. Then hers. He held it when he walked into this room. He took it without even thinking about it. ...Why?

... Did he need a reason?

He thought about trying to talk to her, but... it wasn't really the time. Chances are, after everything's that's happened so far, the time will never really be 'right'. What little solace they all had was long gone, after all... and now they would hang someone.

Joy.
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

"Personally, I wouldn't imagine that Nakajima-san's ability to be randomly picked out would give her enough time to put the knife in a place where Osuji couldn't see it within a few seconds. Her ability is SHSL Good Luck, not SHSL Hide and Seeker. I do wonder how that one would work. Of course, there's always the chance she planned it out before she entered the room..." Chouko said, it wasn't clear where she was going in terms of opinions.

"As for Osuji-san being an accomplice... I highly doubt someone with such a strong sense of justice would gain anything but heavy regret from it. Of course, I have no idea how much a hero of justice can bend the rules."

What was she thinking?
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

"So now I hid the knife, is that it...?" Osuji pondered over the question, finding it amusing.

"Interesting... VERY interesting, doc! I'll admit it's a more plausible scenario than Naota's version of events. But this is a rather serious accusation, isn't it? Surely you have some proof to back that up with, right? I mean, if we could just get away with random accusations without backing them up, I could accuse you just as well, you know? Just something to think about before you take this line of questioning any further..."

He stopped and waited for a response.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

"Akira may have had more time to hide the weapon than you may think," Shin'ichi replied with a knowing smile. "Why did Osuji enter the room? Because Akira screamed. However... she didn't necessarily scream immediately upon 'discovering' the body! She could have stabbed Yakuro, found a suitable hiding place for the larger knife, and then screamed.

"And let's not forgot Osuji's talent, either. He's SHSL Actor... His whole love of justice could be a facade! It wouldn't be the first time I've heard of such a thing...

"You're feel free to accuse me if you want, but... don't forget about that security footage."
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

After about a minute or two, Akira appears to enter the room. A few seconds later, Osuji follows in a hurry.
"Either way, a few seconds is a small amount of time to murder someone and then hide the weapon well. If you're suggesting that someone ordinary like Nakajima-san could pull this off, I'm a bit iffy."
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Osuji smiled. "Oh, I haven't forgotten the security footage at all. In fact, that's why I think there's something about you the good students of this courtroom would be VERY interested to hear, in the name of justice..." He winked at Naota before retorting his arguments.

"And yes, she COULD have done this, I COULD have been an accomplice, but where's the proof for any of it?! I could say you COULD have killed Yakuro just as well, except with your theory, you're trying to throw my witness testimony out the window on the basis that I MIGHT be connected to the crime. YOU could be connected to the crime! Curses, man! You can't just say it, you have to PROVE it!" Osuji barked back at Naota, clearly getting tired of this charade.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

"Actually... Shin'ichi-kun is correct in proposing you as a possible suspect... After all, no body discovery announcement happened at the time Akira-chan and Osuji-kun found the body, this means one of two things. Either Yakuro-kun wasn't actually dead, or... One of Akira-chan or Osuji-kun are the murderers. I'm almost certain that it was impossible for Akira-chan to have murderered Yakuro-kun, so..."

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Class Trial Turbulent Edition

"Of COURSE I'm a suspect!" Osuji snapped out loud. "EVERYONE in this room is a bloody suspect! YOU'RE a suspect, Masami! Sigmund's a suspect! Naota is a suspect! Even Chouko's a suspect! BUT NONE OF IT MATTERS WITHOUT PROOF!" He screamed as he stomped his foot, loudly. "Proof is the VERY FOUNDATION of justice! Without it, your accusations hold no weight! So go ahead! If you're so desperate to tie me into this murder, PROVE that I did it! PROVE that I hid the knife in a certain location! You'll find yourself hard pressed to do any of this, because I didn't! Now, let's try this again, and I'm not accepting any 'could have' or 'maybes'! If you're going to accuse me of the murder, I demand PROOF!"

...Osuji took deep, deep breaths after he finished his rant.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage