Favorite Types of Presents?

Discuss video games from Pong to Call of Duty, including Ace Attorney games.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Calvinball
Spoken languages: English

Favorite Types of Presents?

Post by Calvinball »

Yeah, I get that the title doesn't make very much sense, but I'll try to explain it.

In the Ace Attorney games not all evidence presentations are the same. The one we generally think of is the standard "contradiction" and objection, but if you think about it there're others. Not only does Phoenix/Mia/Edgeworth/Apollo/Other Edgeworth/Cross/Athena present evidence to show contradictions, he also presents it to show how a culprit could've executed part of a crime, to explain why certain contradictions exist, etc.

So, I got a little curious and started wondering what sort of presents other enjoyed (assuming I'm not the only one who makes a big deal about it...).

To start off, my personal favorite would have to be presents where you show evidence proving a culprit's guilt. It's not what Phoenix usually gets to do, and that's why I love it. The best example I can think of at the moment is...
Spoiler : PLvsAA Spoilers :
Now, I haven't actually finished the game yet (though I know how it ends. Curse my lack of caution on the internet!), but I did get through the first witch trial. The final present where you figure out where Kira's glasses went - thus proving that she was on the scene when it was impossible for her to be unless she was the witch - was something I really enjoyed. I like figuring out what the evidence WOULD be assuming the suspect is the true culprit and that was, in my opinion, a good example of such a present. As I said before, it's not what Phoenix usually does, so points there too.
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

A huge thanks to my Invisible Friend for this AMAZING Shirley Homes art!

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Re: Favorite Types of Presents?

Post by enigma »

Personally, I have quite a soft spot for presents which trick the killer into incriminating themselves. The final present to Tigre being the best example.
Zohar the Shiny

Post by Zohar the Shiny »

How could one not love presents in which you beat the culprit at their own game? It's been a while since I've played the main games, but I know a prominent feature of many fancases, especially towards the climaxes, are the "You silly fool, don't you know that it's impossible for me to have committed the [give one aspect of the crime here]?" statements. Of course, then it's time for the beatdown, where the defense explains the whole crime in one fell swoop. Very exciting!
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

What part of the title doesn't make sense? I like expensive presents, personal presents, presents wrapped with great care with a little bow on top...

"Presents" where the player has cross-examined two (or more) witnesses whose testimonies contradict each other, and then have to say that they're both correct and progress from there, are always fun. There's nearly always a huge leap in logic involved, but a lot of the questions about the crime are answered and it really feels like you've made progress. It also seems more elegant than the usual contradiction, which almost always seem to be down to some sort of small lie, or missing details (or are just arguments, which are easy to break).

i also really enjoy supra objections they are very fair