Super Robot Wars/Taisen: Original Generation and etc...

Discuss video games from Pong to Call of Duty, including Ace Attorney games.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Is anyone interested in the return of the SRW/T OG series to come out of Japan once again?

Hell yeah!
No votes
Yes
No votes
Maybe
No votes
No
100%

Total votes: 1

Jim Raynor
Spoken languages: I know, you know...
Location: From Mar Sara, taking care of the Zerg infestation.

Super Robot Wars/Taisen: Original Generation and etc...

Post by Jim Raynor »

Greetings, everyone. Welcome to the Super Robot Wars/Taisen: Original Generation and other series from the same franchise called Super Robot Wars/Taisen and it is a Strategy RPG.

This is a franchise that has trouble coming here due to nightmare licensing issues as many of them contains mecha anime characters and mechas...but there is this one series in the franchise that does not contain any licensing issues called Super Robot Wars/Taisen: Original Generation where so many of the characters are original, but also has come from the other series as well as a starting point!

So far, three of the Original Generation games has come out of Japan out of 10 or 12. Super Robot Wars/Taisen: Original Generation 1 and 2 did not sell very well on the GBA due to its final years and lack of advertising. Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier is a spin off, but still has things from its parent series. I'm not sure what happened with that one...I don't remember if it was advertised at all and it seems it didn't sell that well either, but that's what I'm thinking. And since it is a spin off of the series, the gameplay system is closer to Namco x Capcom, DBZ: Attack of the Saiyans and more. (As you can tell, Monolith Soft helped Banpresto out with the games as there was a sequel to it as well.)

So is anyone here a fan of Super Robot Wars/Taisen or wants to be a fan?

Gameplay vid from one of the games: Super Robot Wars OG Gaiden PV
Gameplay vid from one of my favorite characters in the series: 2nd Super Robot Wars OG - Dygenguard All Attacks (English Subs)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ7NVjZ-Eyg

Golden Sun 4 coming out on the Switch with Golden Sun remakes of the first two games?
Was previously Ryuusai09.
Credit to Gumpei.

Grant Kirkhope is one of my favorite video game composer.
My favorite video game companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, former Rare, and former 3DO Company before it shut down.
Spoiler : Favorite characters in video games :
Starcraft: Jim Raynor, Fenix, Tassadar, Zeratul, Artanis, Alexi Stukov
Army Men: Sarge Hawk, Riff
Warcraft: Grommash (Grom) Hellscream, Thrall
Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth (And a GK2 character which I shall not add here.)
SRT/SRW: Sanger Zonvolt, Kyosuke Nanbu, Elzam V. Branstein