AAO Pokemon Topic

Discuss video games from Pong to Call of Duty, including Ace Attorney games.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Wooper
Spoken languages: English, un peu de français

Re: AAO Pokemon Topic

Post by Wooper »

To break the trend of posting matches, I just finished my Pokemon Emerald Wedlocke, which was essentially the most difficult pokemon challenge I've done to date.
Spoiler : Final Team :
Pictured:
Polly the Swellow, Tesla the Lanturn, Kellie the Walrein, Scar the Mightyena, Timone the Sandslash, Reina the Banette

Unfortunatly, though, Mightyena and Banette were defeated by Glacia before the final battle (Mightyena went down to a critical hit, Banette was decimated by a freaking Sheer Cold), and Swellow was taken down by Wallace (again, by a critical hit from his Wishcash.)
All in all, the challenge was pretty good, and I saved a picture of my boxes of dead pokemon as well, just so I'd be able to look back at it and remember all the times a pokemon got a critical hit on me and how hard I raged. Good times.
Spoiler : Dead Pokemon :

Pictured: Pandora the Cascoon, Sandy the Seedot (Yes, I actually caught a legit seedot. I'm the freaking luckiest man ever.), Minnie the Marril, Johann the Whismur, Scootaloo the Combusken, Facilier the Kadabra, Anju the Breloom, Flyswatter the Trapinch, Wilbur the Grumpig, Nemo the Pelliper, Pompeii the Camerupt, Terry the Tropius, Kira the Weezing, Lilo the Bellosom, Barinade the Tentacreul, Bleachbutt the Altaria, Aurora the Crobat, Polly the Swellow, Scar the Mightyena, Reina the Banette

I'm sure I could go on war stories about how each died, but I'm too lazy to type it all up and, most likely, no one would read it.
† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
I love My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic and I'm proud of it! Paste this into your sig if you are too!
Currently Playing:
Starting Umineko
ProsecutorJustice
Spoken languages: English

Post by ProsecutorJustice »

lol @ Barinade the Tentacruel! xD
He isn't a Bio-electric Anemone, though. x3
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

How long did it take you, Wooper?

I thiiiiiiink I did a Speedlocke of Sapphire in like.... ~8 hours? (Which I'm pretty proud of.)

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Wooper

Post by Wooper »

It took me about a week to finish. Lots of grinding, if it wasn't obvious xP
Besides, I don't like to rush through pokemon games. It's more fun to take the time to build a full team of six and everything, if you ask me :3

EDIT: Also, I'm kinda surprised that so many people are getting the Barinade reference. I thought it'd be at least a little obscure O.o
† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
I love My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic and I'm proud of it! Paste this into your sig if you are too!
Currently Playing:
Starting Umineko
ProsecutorJustice

EDIT: Also, I'm kinda surprised that so many people are getting the Barinade reference. I thought it'd be at least a little obscure O.o
I concur with you, seeing as how Barinade isn't that much of a memorable boss (I ALWAYS forget about it, seeing as how I always remember Gohma, King Dodongo, Phantom Ganon, Volvagia, Morpha, Twinrova, Bongo-Bongo and the obvious Ganondorf and Ganon).

But that's another topic to discuss in a separate thread, so getting back on topic... Yeah, I've wanted to do a Pokemon challenge before, but I never get the "feeling" to do them. .-.
Wooper

Post by Wooper »

I've always found pokemon games to be extremely easy (albeit insanely fun), so since I had heard of a Nuzlocke, I've been doing pretty much nothing aside from them.
Currently Playing:
Starting Umineko
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

Ohh, Nuzlocke?
I'm doing one of Crystal right now!
I haven't made it to Violet City yet though...
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
Wooper

Post by Wooper »

Because I have a bit of an incessant need to always have one pokemon game going on at all times (so that I can always do something when I'm bored), I just started a Wedlocke of Firered Omega. I should hope I don't fail, since it's all blind.
Currently Playing:
Starting Umineko
ProsecutorJustice

FireRed Omega? Is that a hack? What's the difference, higher difficulty?
Wooper

Post by Wooper »

Yeah, it's a hack. Higher difficulty and all 386 pokemon. And different starters. I currently have an elekid (Tesla) and a Ponyta (Spitfire. Because naming after the mane 6 is for lame people) in a pair. Best first catches ever.
Currently Playing:
Starting Umineko
Ami

Post by Ami »

Nice stuff. So, are these hacks in need of a controller, or some sort of emulator? Are they legal to distribute?

Also, THOUSANDTH POST IN THE TOPIC WOO.
since 2008!
Wooper

Post by Wooper »

Controller? No. Emulator? Yes. Legal? Nope. I'm kinda ashamed to be using roms, honestly.

Also, I caught a Hoothoot and named it Hedwig, and it's partnered with Manosuke the Raltz. I also have Pearl the shellder, but she doesn't have a partner yet.
Currently Playing:
Starting Umineko
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

Wooper wrote:shellder
YES!
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Ami wrote:Nice stuff. So, are these hacks in need of a controller, or some sort of emulator? Are they legal to distribute?

Well, the patches themselves I thiiiiiink are on the grey area of legality... Buuuuuut... Technically ROMs are legal if you rip them yourselves.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
AquaAce72

Post by AquaAce72 »

kwando1313 wrote:
Ami wrote:Nice stuff. So, are these hacks in need of a controller, or some sort of emulator? Are they legal to distribute?

Well, the patches themselves I thiiiiiink are on the grey area of legality... Buuuuuut... Technically ROMs are legal if you rip them yourselves.
I did a bit of research a few years back when I was feeling guilty for downloading a Mother 3 ROM...

It's legal to rip a DVD for a back-up copy, but game carts have a copy protection seal or something of that nature that has to be bypassed to rip them. Breaking this seal is illegal and downloading the ROM online is illegal, so there really is no legal way to download these games.

That being said, I am not criticizing anybody for doing it. Heck, I went and downloaded FireRed Omega as soon as I heard about it on this thread. Hoping to do a successful Nuzlocke run myself. :nod: