Final Fantasy: The Topic

Discuss video games from Pong to Call of Duty, including Ace Attorney games.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Ami
Spoken languages: English

Final Fantasy: The Topic

Post by Ami »

I'm amazed there hasn't been one yet. This is one of the best and also worst (I'm-a lookin at you, Crystal Chronicles!). Discuss anything within the franchise here~
since 2008!
nekonohime
Spoken languages: American English

Re: Final Fantasy: The Topic

Post by nekonohime »

I really love this series. The first one I ever played was 10 and have been hooked ever since. I dunno, it's just something about this series that makes it really appealing to me. Maybe it's the gameplay, music and character designs that I really like.

Most Favorite: ... This is hard. I would either say FF4, FF7, FF9 or FF10.

Least Favorite: FF12. I didn't like the level up system and it was just very boring to me.
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

FF3 was....... augh.
FF4 was... meh. I got up to the final dungeon, but didn't feel like grinding hours just to get to the ending
FF5 is... really good! :D I only got a little into before my cartridge broke, tho...
FF6 is... amazing! Up to the floating continent, although I haven't played in a while...
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

Well I like what I've played of the series.
Though FFVII is probably the only one I actually completed.
Oh, and Crystal Chronicles. Why all the hate? :P
TKinhonipei
Spoken languages: asdfjkl;

Post by TKinhonipei »

FFX is my most favorite. I never get tired of it ^^

& Wakka rules! XD
Gumpei is so awesome for being everything that I've always wished for. <3
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

Holhol is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BBblader© wrote:The strongest bonds you can make are the ones you aren't looking for, the ones that surprise you. I'm speaking from experience, so I believe in that pretty strongly. Think that's why so many relationships fail, because people wind up forcing themselves to find good in the other person, play up who they are to appear more attractive to them... but well... real love is being yourself, with someone who cares about you and accepts you for who you are.
Wackyman

Post by Wackyman »

The only ones I played were FFX and FFX-2, and they're both awesome. I've actually been replaying them lately.
My brother got FFXII but couldn't get into it.
HIROSHI-SAMA IS STILL THE GREATEST.
SS Sleuth and I are the same person.
gotMLK7 fashioned the Trama picture below out of female skulls.

[3/19/14 11:31:48 PM] Ultimate Butt-Rubber (Gumpei): on the other hand you could try playing with your balls submerged in icy water
[3/19/14 11:31:51 PM] Nick (Hodou): yeah I'm thinking that's the idea.

Check out my first trial co-created with Dypo_deLina Firing up the Turnabout!
Call me Wacky.

Patchouli

Post by Patchouli »

The real fun in Crystal Chronicles is when you have GBA Link Cables and play with your friends/siblings; Its actually a really neat idea! Just a tad impractical since you usually had to plan it out so people could bring their cables and GBAs, if you knew anybody that had them that is.

Anyways, I love the FF series, my favorites being FFIX, X, and XII. The first one I ever played was VII, back when I was in 2nd/3rd grade, I think? My favorite character out of the entire series is Vivi.
Mimi
Spoken languages: English: the only language I can brag about

Post by Mimi »

what what what what???

I love~ Crystal Chronicles... except hunting for the mysterious water that comes once a year got boring after a while. *cough cough is on her 3rd year only* (=3) And I want the towns to be bigger.

Lulu rules~ except I WANT HER TO BREAK DAMAGE LIMIT FOR PETE'S SAKE BUT I CAN'T DO THAT QUEST 200 LIGHTNING BOLTS??
TKinhonipei

Post by TKinhonipei »

I remember I was in Elementary when I first started playing FFX. (Long time ago!)
I got to the scene where
Spoiler : :
Yuna & Tidus are kissing in the lake
And my mother didn't really approve of that kind of stuff, so I had to turn off the t.v. for about 20 minutes just to hide it from her, then resume playing. :XD:

BBblader© wrote:The strongest bonds you can make are the ones you aren't looking for, the ones that surprise you. I'm speaking from experience, so I believe in that pretty strongly. Think that's why so many relationships fail, because people wind up forcing themselves to find good in the other person, play up who they are to appear more attractive to them... but well... real love is being yourself, with someone who cares about you and accepts you for who you are.
Mimi
Spoken languages: English: the only language I can brag about

Post by Mimi »

What? Just for that? Psh, that ain't anything. In fact, I was more focused on how they could breathe underwater and open their eyes at the same time when the water is all green and sparkly, but hey... it's Spira.
TKinhonipei

Post by TKinhonipei »

Haha.

Oh, & I loved FFX-2. Near the end of the game was a hassle though, I kept fighting a boss that would always own me, but then I soon found out that you could avoid it.

& I missed Paine's special sphere thingy (Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu)

Wackyman

Post by Wackyman »

I have the strategy guide for both games. Jealous. =P
I NEVER beat that desert fiend in Chapter 5. I tried recently but he keeps screwing me over. I didn't get the stupid Alchemist dressphere because I didn't visit the stupid Calm Lands in Chapter 1, and White Mage Rikku is too slow to heal. >:I
HIROSHI-SAMA IS STILL THE GREATEST.
SS Sleuth and I are the same person.
gotMLK7 fashioned the Trama picture below out of female skulls.

[3/19/14 11:31:48 PM] Ultimate Butt-Rubber (Gumpei): on the other hand you could try playing with your balls submerged in icy water
[3/19/14 11:31:51 PM] Nick (Hodou): yeah I'm thinking that's the idea.

Check out my first trial co-created with Dypo_deLina Firing up the Turnabout!
Call me Wacky.

TKinhonipei

Post by TKinhonipei »

I am jealous!! xp
Desert fiend was annoying :o

Can I remind everyone here how hilarious it is to see Wakka throw a blitzball at Sin, on an airship, while being 10000 feet away from Sin, + the fact that the ball comes back for Wakka to grab? XD

(Here's a video of Wakka taking on Sin head-on with his blitzball)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9t1xfhPCM4

PhantomH

Post by PhantomH »

FF2: No idea why everyone seems to hate this one. I thought it was pretty good, and I liked how you gain attribute points instead of experience and levels.

FF3: I enjoyed the NES version somewhat, and the DS remake as well. People seem to forget that this game was made in 1990, so of course the story wouldn't be as great as standard RPGs today.

FF4: My first FF game back when it was released on the SNES. I've enjoyed playing its GBA and DS incarnation, and will soon be picking up the PSP version since it includes The After Years (Haven't played the Wii version) and Interlude, which takes place between the two.

FF6: Probably my favorite in the series. Each character had a pretty deep backstory and IMO, one of the most insane villains in FF. For once the villain actually managed to achieve their goal before ultimately being taken down in the end.

FF7: My second favorite, if only because of the side-quests and how it sort of pushed the series into a different direction. I also liked the mini-games at the Gold Saucer as well.

FF9: The last FF game I actually enjoyed playing, but alas I never finished it because my PS1 stopped working when I got to the end of 1st disc :( . I just didn't feel like picking it up again since.
No Dine. No Knox. No Fair.
SuperGanondorf
Spoken languages: American English, learning German

Post by SuperGanondorf »

Only played FF3 and 4 for DS. 3 was amazing, with epic music and everything (Eternal Wind is an extremely amazing and nostalgic song. I only played the game for the first time about ten months ago, and yet it feels so nostalgic just the same). The final two dungeons (which were really more like 1) were brutal and nightmarishly hard, but it was just worth it at the end when at last I beat the final boss. Luckily I only died on the final boss once, as if you die at the final boss you'll have to face two dungeons and five bosses all over again. And these aren't pushover bosses either- these are the type that will melt your face off if you goof once.

FFIV, I dunno. I loved it all the way through and then just abruptly lost interest when I reached the final dungeon. No idea what happened, but I haven't picked it up since.
Main admin of the official AAO Chatroom
Ace Attorneys: Emerging Legacies Team Member
Creator of AAO's #1 Roleplay, Endless Time! Come join today!

It even has a TVTropes page!

ENDLESS TIME: WINNER OF BEST AAO RP
Also the winner of:
Spoiler : Endless Time's Awards :
Coolest Original Weapon or Power: The Relics
Best Villain: Thereme
Most Well-Written Character, Most Original Character Concept, Best Design: Narome (LunchPolice)
Most Depressing Character, Greatest Backstory: Kenneth Roymond (GuardianDreamer)
Greatest RP Moment Ever, Saddest Moment: Narome's Feeding off Mika
Best NPC: The Doctor (ShadowEdgeworth)
Best Fight Scene: Drey Wilkins vs. Narome (Drey Wilkins, LunchPolice)
Best World
Most Eccentric Character: Ewyn (GuardianDreamer)
Best Duo: Narome and Kea (LunchPolice, Paradoxinparticles)
Biggest Crowning Moment of Awesome: The Sabolin Battle
And Best GM: ME ;P