Blazblue

Discuss video games from Pong to Call of Duty, including Ace Attorney games.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Blazblue

Post by enigma »

I honestly don't know how we don't have this yet. Anyway, here's the topic where we can discuss Blazblue to our hearts content.

For those who don't know what Blazblue is, here's the wiki.
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Re: Blazblue

Post by Blackrune »

Hey, isn't this where the "Keys,anyone?" guy is from?

I'm really not a big fan of these kind of fighting games. *too lazy to remember any useful combos that go beyond spamming two moves over and over*
Me horribly falling victim to Topaz spamming ranged stuff over and over with Platinum should be sufficient evidence of that.

But Blazblue is pretty enjoyable. Each character has enough unique stuff to them, and it has a way better story than most of these games.
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Please, I did far worse to you as Tager than Topaz EVER did. At least thats how I remember. ^^
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

I know, but that felt more justified. Losing to ranged-spamming just made him look cheap, consequently making me feel even more cheap for losing to it.
(I guess you could argue that a GIGANTIC TAGER is BOUND to feel more justified. Ouch.)
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Well as you recall, I made him feel horrible about it by destroying Topaz's Platinum too.

When he was playing as UNLIMITED Platinum.
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Hikari
Spoken languages: English, a few words in Japanese.

Post by Hikari »

*cough*

Lost Saga and BlazBlue crossover...

*coug*
T u r n a b o u t i n T i m e G a t e
*coming soon*
(AA and Lost Saga crossover / w TF2 cameos)
enigma

Post by enigma »

Wait? Seriously! And where can I purchase this?

Also, what does everyone have against stylish? No-one's said it here, but people have been throwing that all over the place for quite a while.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

It's mostly because you won't ever learn how to play the game on Stylish mode. It's kind of counter-productive to your own skill. And after learning how to actually play the game correctly, it feels just WEIRD playing Stylish mode.

... And on a sidenote, my favorite character is Carl Clover, both in a gameplay sense and as a character. That might be because his appearance reminds me of one of my RP characters, though. Mostly that hat.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Master Of Chaos
Spoken languages: English

Post by Master Of Chaos »

So the fact that he's most likely the biggest BlazBlue woobie has nothing to do with it?
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

I enjoy Stylish because it makes the game a lot easier to just pick up and play for a casual gamer such as myself. Plus, the 3DS's D-Pad is prett uncomfortable to use, and I just so happen to only own the 3DS version. It's not really my own inability to play it on normal controls, it's just a preference. Though I have to say I'm not nearly as good at memorizing combos, nor do I particularly play enough to bother trying, so Stylish is honestly a very convenient mode.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

GuardianDreamer

Master Of Chaos wrote:So the fact that he's most likely the biggest BlazBlue woobie has nothing to do with it?
EVERYONE in the BlazBlue universe needs a hug, is evil, or both. You can't really use that argument.
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Make My Life Worse
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
enigma

Post by enigma »

GuardianDreamer wrote:
Master Of Chaos wrote:So the fact that he's most likely the biggest BlazBlue woobie has nothing to do with it?
EVERYONE in the BlazBlue universe needs a hug, is evil, or both. You can't really use that argument.
:objection: Taokaka.

Actually, I find Arakune's stories to be the most depressingly beautiful. Though I did cry at the True Ending to the whole game so...Maybe that's sadder.
Spoiler : Ending Spoilers for CS :
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!! WHY?!!!!!! :cry:
GuardianDreamer

Taokaka DOES need hugs as well. You've seen her Bad Endings, right? Yes, she's a more mild case than most, but she's still a part of the World of Woobie.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
Master Of Chaos
Spoken languages: English

Post by Master Of Chaos »

Spoiler : BlazBlue CS True ending :
There is a scene after the credits where Hazama and Relius are a cauldron, and one of them says this line:

"It's amazing how she can regenerate just by will!"

HOLD ON TO HOPE ENIGMA!
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
enigma

Post by enigma »

Spoiler : @Chaos :
Maybe, maybe... But seriously, Lambda/Nu's story is so messed up, I had no idea her gag ending was a gag ending. I just felt extremely sorry for that bug and...well, her for having her memories ripped out of her just when she started to become more...normal and happy.
Spoiler : @GD :
Yeah, but that wasn't really that sad. That was pretty much just a "lets get stronger" moment thing. Honestly, Tao's fine.