Let's Play Emerald City Confidential!

Discuss video games from Pong to Call of Duty, including Ace Attorney games.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Let's Play Emerald City Confidential!

Post by Gav »

Disclaimer: I in no way own Emerald City Confidential, nor do I own Baum or any of his "Oz" books. Because this game is mostly based off the books after the classic first Oz book, I'm taking that precaution.

Welcome to Let's Play Emerald City Confidential!

This is, quite simply, the third best thing to come out of L. Frank Baum's book series in recent years (besides the Oz movie and Wicked). It's also the best game in its nonexsistent series. In the game, you play as a Private Eye in the titular Emerald City called Petra, who takes a case that gets her into a huge mess. In the beginning of the game, we see her solving another case...

IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img542/1986/scre ... 8at625.png[/IMG]

In this case, "you" being the COWARDLY LION OF COWARDLYNESS. Totally fits his personality.

Here we have the tutorial. You click on things to pick them up, click on them again in the handy-dandy inventory bar, and click on an object in the area to use them. The left bar is for items, and the right bar is for magic. We'll get to magic later in the game. The bar of little gems is your quest bar. Once all 50 quests are completed, you win the game. Currently, we have one quest, and that is to get inside this warehouse! So, we pick up the crowbar, use it on the doooooor...

Oh.

ooooh.

They just used poppy gas on Petra. Meanies. So when we wake up...

Here we have options. More of these will come up as we get further into the game. Wriggling free makes us fall to our death, we don't have anything to cut the rope with, and climbing it just results in an overly long animation. So. If we pick one of these, however, we get a new option called "Call for Help." I will be using it.

The lion feels the need to show up. I won't be showing any of these talk bars, BTW, because most of them have no impact on the story.

Then again, maybe I will. Here's another "Lion Line"®:

He leaves, leaving US with nothing to do. So now what?

dwammit petra you weren't supposed to fall to your death owait look someone's coming to rescue her

That's a gump, by the way. Petra is embarrased that she has been rescued by one. WELL TOO BAD.

The game plays a small, mostly unimportant message about corruption in the Emerald City and stuffs, and then the title card. So, what will happen when Petra returns to her office/home? Find out next time on Emerald City Confidential~
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.