September 2010 - Mimi Mika

The MotM is an interview that the team does at the end of each month. It's a fun way of finding out about respected members of the community.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Meph
Spoken languages: English

September 2010 - Mimi Mika

Post by Meph »

Member of the Month
September 2010
Mimi Mika

I wouldn't exactly call a field of grass a hiding place...
This is the Member of the Month; an interview that I do at the end of each month. It's a fun way of finding out about respected members of the community.

I personally select each month's Member of the Month. People are picked based on their contributions to the community, whether they are: making excellent trials, providing comic relief or just being a brilliant person. The next Member of the Month could be you!

If you have any questions about the Member of the Month system, please PM me.
As usual, there's been a lot of speculation as to who the next one is. ShadowEdgeworth and Danielinhoni were everyone main guesses. Well, as usual, you were all wrong (except some of you). The fourth member of the month is Mimi Mika, who is... a women! Yes, that's right sexist men, there are women in these forums; here with their handbags and mascara! However, those stereotypes are completely incorrect, at least for for Mimi, for this women is more concerned with taking over the world than checking how thickly she has applied her lipstick. But enough of the unfunny sexist jokes.... Let's begin!
Meph: Hello, welcome to the fourth Member of the Month interview.

Mimi Mika: Yay for me!

Meph: Can you tell us about how you found AAO, and what made you want to join?

Mimi Mika: I was on Court-Records one day. I was like "I want to make cases" but I couldn't use those fancy programs. And then I came across AAO! At first, I was like, "Eh, I'll be gone from this site soon." But the community was really fun and eventually, I became a regular member.

Meph: Tell us about your most famous trial, Timely Chronograph.

Mimi Mika: Hmm... to be honest, it was going to be a comedy. I was really bored that day and I was kind of disappointed at the reviews the people had given me about Apollo Justice: Spirits and Magic. So I just started up a new trial, hoping to become more familiar with the Trial Editor. And then it hit me:- Maybe instead of a comedy, I could turn this into a serious trial where the crew are stuck in the future all of a sudden one day. Of course, that's not all. In fact... they're not really stuck in the future at all. And... as for the inspiration, most of it came from my fanfiction on fanfiction.net, Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, and Umineko no Naku Koro Ni.

Meph: You're an amateur writer?

Mimi Mika: Yes, I'm an amateur writer. I've always wanted to write my own stories and I kind of treat my fan fictions as my practice thingy. I have lots of original ideas, but none of them really make it past Chapter 3...

Meph: What sort of stories are they? What genre?

Mimi Mika: I like mystery a lot, but I don't like the typical "detective kid" who's a smarty-pants and solves the case in one book. I like to twist it with fantasy, tragedy (lots of it), comedy (lots of that too), and a little bit of romance. But romance isn't my thing anyway. I also tend to write more about female heroines too because... I think there's quite enough guy protagonists out there. And... they're easier to write as because, well, I'm a girl.

Meph: What is this I've been hearing about your evil plan to rule the world?

Mimi Mika: Ah... well, you see, one day with my friends... She started talking about ruling the world. And I was like, "You? Rule? No. You know who's gonna rule? Me. Because... I'm just that awesome." Besides, I think it's time for a Twilight Rebellion anyway.

Meph: Gah! Not Twilight...!

Mimi Mika: What? You like Twilight? Please tell me it isn't so!

Meph: No no no! Definitely not!

Mimi Mika: Good. Every time someone likes it, God kills good literature. I swear... That sparkly vampire gets on my nerves. So does his annoying, stuttering girlfriend. Heck, the entire cast agitates me. That's why I'm going to rule the world and do it a favor by getting rid of Stephanie Meyer's awful book.

Meph: Excellent!

Mimi Mika: She writes terrible books. I tried reading one of them once. Got bored on the 48th page and couldn't go any farther.

Meph: I'm glad I never planned on laying my eyes on her books, let alone read them! You were lucky to make it out alive!

Mimi Mika: Yeah... I was. Seriously, plot, direction, character, everything was bad!

Meph: I think we get the picture! :P

Mimi Mika: Okay. Let's stop wasting our time on that tree-killer.

Meph: Now let's talk about your personal life. What was your childhood like?

Mimi Mika: Horrible. Well... not really. I guess... my parents were trying to spoil me as much as they can. My dad wasn't there most of the time because of work so my mother was the one taking care of me. I remember watching opera with her. But strangely, I'm more attached to Dad than Mom.

Meph: I see. But you still love them, of course?

Mimi Mika: Yes, a lot. No matter how angry I get at them, they'll always be my beloved Mum and Dad.

Meph: Awww. :P

Mimi Mika: Though my dad always says he doesn't love me. He lies. If he didn't he wouldn't bother me all the time. *shakes head*

Meph: Hmmm.

Mimi Mika: As for school and social events and gatherings, I was always the loner. Everyone thinks I'm the quiet, weird type. Well, they're right on the weird, but being a geek is an awesome life. Or weaboo. Or otaku.

Meph: I'm not going to ask what they mean. :P

Mimi Mika: Good, because I'm not so certain of those meanings either.

Meph: What is your average week like?

Mimi Mika: School, computer, manga, anime, music, computer, homework, writing stories and manga, and then sleep. Pretty boring and... average. Oh, and going onto the AAO forums of course. Daily.

Meph: I don't know what we'd all do without AAO's forums. ;)

Mimi Mika: I know... I bet I'd be with the popular crew, wasting my life on horrid gossip and stuff, forgetting how Ace Attorney touched us in very special ways...

Meph: What are your plans for the future?

Mimi Mika: To become a manga artist and a book author. I also want to finish Timely Chronograph and all the projects I've started. And... get more pets. Even if I can't handle them.

Meph: How many do you have?

Mimi Mika: Well, for starters, there's my evil cat, my stinky dog, another dog who's not as stinky, a stinkier dog, some fishes, lots of birds, and lots of birds.

Meph: Er... Well, that's certainly a lot.

Mimi Mika: Yes, I know. We could do with less.

Meph: So you want to be a writer when you're older? Who's your favourite author; your role model in that field?

Mimi Mika: Wow... that's a question that I'll have to think about. I guess I admire a lot of people. I admire Ryukishi07's works. A lot. I also really enjoy Cornelia Funke's books. They're so imaginative... Hmm... There are some more but I can't think of any.

Meph: What is your favourite Ace Attorney game?

Mimi Mika: Oh, hands down, Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations. That game just blew me away. The climax at the end was just... you know... EPIC!

Meph: That's what everyone says. :P And I have to agree. What's your second favourite?

Mimi Mika: I always thought that the first game wasn't so great, but in reality it was. But I liked the second game better, maybe. That case with Maya and Ini Miney... That was my favorite case until Dahlia Hawthorne came along. I'm one of the lovers, hands down. I finished it quite quickly thought. But just like AA, I couldn't put it down. I really loved playing as Edgey and going up against the awesome Shi-Long-Lang and how every case was connected. Though it wouldn't top PW:T&T, I think it's a worthy addition to the story, even if it's a spinoff. :) I'm eagerly looking foward to the sequel.

Meph: Yes, let's talk about GK2! What was your reaction when you saw the trailer (or should I say "heard the trailer")?

Mimi Mika: It was like...

"OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A SEQUEL! FINALLY! MORE EDGEY GOODNESS--oh wait. It comes out in 2011 in Japan and in English in 2012? NOOOOOOOOO I MUST PLAY IT BEFORE I DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Meph: What do you think the new "chess" feature will be like?

Mimi Mika: Honestly, I have no clue. I've never played chess before. But I'm sure it would have to do something with choosing your moves carefully to make sure you get checkmate or something. Strangely though, it reminds me of Umineko, which... is largely influenced by chess.

Meph: And what about the music in the trailer?

Mimi Mika: Epic. That's one overused word I'll use to describe it.

Meph: It's clearly a different composer than AAI1. Do you think this game's soundtrack will be better or worse than its predecessor?

Mimi Mika: I'm sure the composer will meet our expectations. I loved all the soundtracks in all of the games despite the change of composers. Sure, it might take a bit to get used to it, but I'm sure we're all going to talk about it non-stop when it comes out! I hope...

Meph: I think we'll be too busy listening to the soundtrack to talk about it. :P

Mimi Mika: Yeah, that would be probably it.

Meph: What other games do you really like?

Mimi Mika: Hmm... I like the Final Fantasy series, though I haven't completed a single game. I like Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor and mystery games, like Hotel Dusk and Trace Memory. Adventure and role-playing games are sort of my thing too.

Meph: What was the first video game you ever played?

Mimi Mika: Sonic Adventures... Or something like that. The first thing I used the most was the Dreamcast. Or was it the N64 thingy...? I don't know. I don't remember. I've played too many games...

Meph: Last question, now. Do you have any other interests?

Mimi Mika: Mmmm... I like playing the piano. :) Though I can't read sheet music, I can play by ear. I also enjoy taking brisk walks in the evening with my dog.

Meph: Before we conclude this interview, do you have anything else you'd like to say?

Mimi Mika: Yes. AAO RULES! AND SO DOES MI-SAMA! ... JUST KIDDING... :P
Tap

Re: Member of the Month: September 2010

Post by Tap »

I had a feeling it would be you, Mimi Mika...

Congratulations on being chosen as September's MoTM! ^^

(I'll edit this tomorrow as I can't read the interview at the moment...)
ImageImage
Singapore123
Spoken languages: English, 1337, french, spanish,

Post by Singapore123 »

... Sooooooooooo, the suspense is "killing" you? I think not.
King Treuth
Spoken languages: English, learning 日本語

Post by King Treuth »

Congrats, Mii-Sama.
"I'M NAKED!!! THIS IS SO WRONG!!!"
-Ashura
Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Post by Broocevelt »

You see? I knew it was her! :D
Gratz Mimi ;)
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Congrats Mii-sama, Feels awesome being the MotM doesn't it.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
ShadowEdgeworth

Post by ShadowEdgeworth »

Congratulations, there, Mimi! ;) Hope you enjoy your reign! :)

Epic Rap Battles of AAO History: Meph VS Unas l Phoenix Wright VS Glase Canon l SuperGanondorf VS GotMLK7 l Mimi Mika VS Zeel1

Winner of the Golden Star Award 2010!
Creator of Commander Mika Cadenza and Admiral Kathryn Jayneway in Endless Time!
Currently RPing as The Doctor, Shadow The Hedgehog, and Spider-Man in Dimensional Chaos!
Currently RPing as Spider-Man and Black Cat in Crossover Central!
Creator of Alexis Calika in Vermillion Sunset and Alex Tazian in Final Warfare!
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Ha! I knew it...

Congratulations, Mimi!
Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Post by Singidava »

Grats Mimi.
Haha, you're again ranting about how you hate Twilight. That seems to be very "dear" subject to you :XD: . Not that I mind though since I hate it myself too. I'm suprised you haven't played chess. I thought that you would've since you're Umineko fan ("turn the chessboard around"). That game/anime is full of that stuff...
King Treuth
Spoken languages: English, learning 日本語

Post by King Treuth »

I prefer go to chess. But that's just my opinion. And it's extremely off topic.
"I'M NAKED!!! THIS IS SO WRONG!!!"
-Ashura
Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Post by Singidava »

King Treuth wrote:I prefer go to chess. But that's just my opinion. And it's extremely off topic.
Spoiler : offtopic :
So do I, even though I'm poor at it (not that I was good in chess either. My father always beats me in it). Sometimes I play go online in KGS and my rank is (only) 19 kyu. I like when you have to see the big picture in go.
Zeel1™

Post by Zeel1™ »

Ha! I knew the PM'ing thing was something I should look too far into! :awesome:

Congrats, Fraulein. :nod:
Mimi Mika: As for school and social events and gatherings, I was always the loner. Everyone thinks I'm the quiet, weird type. Well, they're right on the weird, but being a geek is an awesome life. Or weaboo. Or otaku.

Mimi Mika: School, computer, manga, anime, music, computer, homework, writing stories and manga, and then sleep. Pretty boring and... average. Oh, and going onto the AAO forums of course. Daily.
You're my kind of girl, you know that? :XD:
Turnabout Ghost - 1400 Frames
Meph

Post by Meph »

I've just realised that this interview is a bit short. :?
Zeel1™

Post by Zeel1™ »

Meph wrote:I've just realised that this interview is a bit short. :?
You ended it early 'cause she was a girl, didn't you? Chauvinist pig! :x :P
Turnabout Ghost - 1400 Frames
deHughes

Post by deHughes »

What Zeel said. Grats Mimi, I remember back in the days when one of your first posts was on my Hunter Truf thread, ah those were the days.
ImageImageLevel:15ImageLevel:5ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15

Tasha Krantz sprite courtesy of gotMLK7.