April 2011 - Ami

The MotM is an interview that the team does at the end of each month. It's a fun way of finding out about respected members of the community.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Ami
Spoken languages: English

Re: Member of the Month: April 2011

Post by Ami »

Mimi Mika wrote:I like it. Franzy is cool~

So you like JFA too? Did you like the second case or the last case of JFA?
I like them both, but if you're asking me about preference, the last case will trump any of the previous three in the game.
since 2008!
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

genodragon1 wrote:
Mimi Mika wrote:Wait...

Are those characters in your avatar Franzy and Adrian? (I'm not the only one who didn't notice, am I?)
Yup! I also was deciding whether to use that one, or Mia/Lana, but I think Franzy/Adrian has more flair as a pairing than Mia/Lana. In my headcannon, Franziska nad Adrian are more likely to go on a night on the town to see the sights, while Mia and Lana would probably hit a fine wine store and then sit at home and put in a movie.
You must've heard that from Intellectually Attracted. :calisto:
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

All I have to say is this, I finally found someone who likes JFA more than the others!
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
Ami

Post by Ami »

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with the work you're talking about. If you're talking about a picture, I've seen all of two Mia/Lana pics. Neither of them depict what I described.

@ Diego: I like JfA more, but I also think it is only the second best game, when all factors are considered. Thought it's sorta hard to separate T&T into its own game, as it's the finale of the trilogy, so it has the advantage of being judged by the entire series in some respects, while JfA is only just one game.
since 2008!
Mimi
Spoken languages: English: the only language I can brag about

Post by Mimi »

T&T was truly epic in a finale, but the filler episodes weren't so good... like, they weren't bad but...

...What did you think of the filler episodes? (Sure they did hint some stuff about Godot, but...)
Ami

Post by Ami »

I liked them, but... well, you'll see in a moment. For the record, I count 3-2 and 3-3 as filler episodes. I would normally include the first case, but this time it contributes to the overarching storyline. 3-4 is also discounted from being filler, as it is Phoenix looking into the past AND the fact that it is basically the final case, part one.

The Stolen Turnabout is the first case in T&T where we control Phoenix, and get to play around in the present. The Kurain Channeling technique is finally gaining some more positive recognition, as seen by the exhibit's mere existence. We see Adrian, born again since the days of her suicidal past and 2-4. She has, however, become somewhat of a stress-prone lady in the intervening months, however. It's also where we meet Godot, and he makes a very good first impression on me as a player. Furthermore, I really liked the twist at the mid-point: having an alibi turn against me, and the concept of double jeopardy. However, this game does little to add to to the overall narrative in the end. It establishes the Shichito, Larry's future presence (as when Larry is in the early part of the game, he's in the late part of the game as well), and touches the surface of Maya's dilemma: is she the Kurain Master, or is she the manager of Wright & Co.? I'd say this was the first case that didn't have absolute proof, but Luke sorta does himself in, so it's hard to truly say whether or not proof was even necessary. Seriously, all you have to do is get the guy talking. At all.

3-3 (whose name escapes me) is in a similar vein. It brings back Maggey to bring some closure to the relationship (in that there is an unspoken bond of love by the end of this game between Maggey and Gumshoe). It, within itself, is a great storyline, but does little to add to the narrative besides Mia not being needed as much anymore (as evidenced by the only real time she was needed was to get Kudo talking). It's also the first case where there is no solid evidence to bring down the killer, and the entire case ended with a bluff, which I found to be a nice touch, but sadly unexplored until Apollo Justice. This case establishes Godot's colorblindness, as well as hammering down the theme of standing on one's own, which truly starts here.
since 2008!
TKinhonipei
Spoken languages: asdfjkl;

Post by TKinhonipei »

Spoiler tags? :cute:
Gumpei is so awesome for being everything that I've always wished for. <3
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

Holhol is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BBblader© wrote:The strongest bonds you can make are the ones you aren't looking for, the ones that surprise you. I'm speaking from experience, so I believe in that pretty strongly. Think that's why so many relationships fail, because people wind up forcing themselves to find good in the other person, play up who they are to appear more attractive to them... but well... real love is being yourself, with someone who cares about you and accepts you for who you are.
Ami

Post by Ami »

TKHawaiianAZN wrote:Spoiler tags? :cute:
If there were any GK2 information, sure, I'd comply, but seeing as the games have been out for quite some time, this site is dedicated to the construction of cases that contain the likenesses of these characters, that CR has long since lifted spoiler rules on non-GK2 games, I'm going to keep them unspoilered. Plus, that would also mean I'd have to go back through my previous posts (and Meph's topic post) to spoiler information there as well, and that's a lot of extra work for games that... well, you've read my reasons, no need to reiterate them.
since 2008!
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Favorite pony, Geno?

Oh, and congrats! :D
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Congrats, Geno, and I gotta say, your profile succeeded in throwing me off. I checked out the Turnabout Musical website and found you on it, and I got a bit confused. Your previous Avatar and Sig also threw me off a bit as well. (That character was from that Haruhi series, right?) Just goes to show you can't believe everything on the internet.

Also, I'll take this opportunity to do a bit of a promo for any Franziska/Adrian fans: There is a very good (In my opinion, at least) fan fic for them at this link. Since you like that pairing, I recommend it, because the fic is very well written, not just fluff.

That's my shameless ad for the day. Anyways, congratulations again!

PS: I enjoyed JFA for the same reasons you stated... Well, most of them, anyways.
Ami

Post by Ami »

Rainbow Dash is my favorite! <3

@ Shadowsleuth: Hm... I'll read that fanfic in the morning, but sometimes a woman wants some fluff in her romance. ^_~
since 2008!
TKinhonipei
Spoken languages: asdfjkl;

Post by TKinhonipei »

genodragon1 wrote:
TKHawaiianAZN wrote:Spoiler tags? :cute:
If there were any GK2 information, sure, I'd comply, but seeing as the games have been out for quite some time, this site is dedicated to the construction of cases that contain the likenesses of these characters, that CR has long since lifted spoiler rules on non-GK2 games, I'm going to keep them unspoilered. Plus, that would also mean I'd have to go back through my previous posts (and Meph's topic post) to spoiler information there as well, and that's a lot of extra work for games that... well, you've read my reasons, no need to reiterate them.
Ah, good point!
Favorite Pokemon? :nod:
Gumpei is so awesome for being everything that I've always wished for. <3
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

Holhol is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BBblader© wrote:The strongest bonds you can make are the ones you aren't looking for, the ones that surprise you. I'm speaking from experience, so I believe in that pretty strongly. Think that's why so many relationships fail, because people wind up forcing themselves to find good in the other person, play up who they are to appear more attractive to them... but well... real love is being yourself, with someone who cares about you and accepts you for who you are.
Ami

Post by Ami »

Charizard is my favorite. He's been my favorite since the first generation. <3 I'm also very fond of Slowbro, Marowak, Haxorus, Bisharp, Lucario, and many more.
since 2008!
Tap

Post by Tap »

genodragon1 wrote:Rainbow Dash is my favorite! <3

She can't be your favourite! She's my favourite! :awesome:

*Hi-five*
ImageImage
Ami