April 2012 - TKinhonipei

The MotM is an interview that the team does at the end of each month. It's a fun way of finding out about respected members of the community.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Meph
Spoken languages: English

April 2012 - TKinhonipei

Post by Meph »

Member of the Month
April 2012
TKinhonipei

You look really cool in that heat-sensitive camera... literally!
This is the Member of the Month; an interview that I do at the end of each month. It's a fun way of finding out about respected members of the community.

I personally select each month's Member of the Month. People are picked based on their contributions to the community, whether they are: making excellent trials, providing comic relief or just being a brilliant person. The next Member of the Month could be you!

If you have any questions about the Member of the Month system, please PM me.
TK is our next Member of the Month! Yes, that guy; the guy that made that evil thread that has a "Member of the Week". You better not go to it, or you'll be sorry!
Meph: Hello. Welcome to the twenty-third Member of the Month interview.

TKinhonipei: You don't know how long I've been trying to get here. *shot*
It's quite a pleasure and an honor to be here! I still can't hold in my excitement from even being here.

Meph: Can you tell us about how you found AAO, and what made you want to join?

TKinhonipei: Quite a funny story, actually. But this is quite relatable to many others! The story of how I found AAO all started from buying an ipod. To my surprise, my cousin sold me one and briefly mentioned that he had installed some applications just for fun. That was when I found Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney as one of the applications.

I had always seen the videos of it on YouTube and also all kinds of references of it, such as in a random video of a popup going, "Objection!" So I tried this game out. Instantly after the first case I was hooked, and to the next, and finally until I beat Rise From The Ashes.

Chaz: That was when I thought to myself, "Huh... I wish I could make my own cases." I researched online and found this site, and here I am today. :)

Meph: What was it like to play it on iOS? Are you glad you played it on there?

TKinhonipei: It was quite interesting, because compared to the DS the effects are a bit slower, text speed is slower, basically everything was slower from the DS version, and yet I enjoyed this to the fullest extent!

I was pretty glad that I had played it on there though, because I never saw these Ace Attorney games in stores. Quite funny though, once I beat the first Ace Attorney I started to see all the other games of it in game stores. :P

Meph: Have you played all of the games, now? Did you play the rest on the DS?

TKinhonipei: Oh yes, I have played the rest on the DS. It was a marvelous experience, and finding these games was quite a challenge but it was worth it indeed. Although I haven't beaten Rise From The Ashes in my DS yet, I need to put that on my to do list.

Meph: What is your favourite Ace Attorney game?

TKinhonipei: My favorite Ace Attorney game of all will always be the first one. I can't really explain why, but this game really does it for me. Perhaps its the OST, I've found myself peacefully falling asleep when I'm in a conversation with Maya and her theme song plays. :P

Meph: What other games do you really like?

TKinhonipei: I really love Dark Cloud 2 (For the PS2), this is absolutely my most favorite game ever. I also like any Dynasty/Samurai Warriors games and RPG games like Disgaea and La Pucelle Tactics. I used to play JRPG games soo much but that kind of playstyle has been dying lately. I also love the Tales of series, like Tales of the Abyss and Tales of Vesperia. Usually any game that involves leveling up, I'm probably into it.

Meph: Are there other genres you like to play?

TKinhonipei: Shooters and fighting games, usually I'm better with the former. I find getting the best out of 3rd person shooters like Gears of War 3 and Resident Evil 5. For fighting I like Blazblue, Soul Calibur and Super Smash Brothers Brawl. I don't know if the latter counts as a potential fighting game but at least I don't spam in that game like I do in Blazblue. :XD:

Meph: You also told me earlier that you are a Sonic fan.

TKinhonipei: Yes indeed, I've been a huge Sonic fan ever since I played and beat Sonic The Hedgehog on the Sega Genesis. :)

My favorite Sonic game of all time has got to be Sonic Adventure, I love the music so much in that game and the exploring was always entertaining.

As for favorite characters, Tails holds Number 1 in my heart! E-102 Gamma from Sonic Adventure takes second, and Shadow takes the third. :D

Meph: What was the first video game you ever played?

TKinhonipei: I still remember the first day I was actually conscious in this world, and that was when I was in front of a television playing Super Mario 64. That game is just full of good times! The songs in that game were so catchy, I remember humming to the themes and making lyrics as I progressed through the game. :P

...Oh my, thoughts of that piano in that ghost mansion are coming back.
N-Next!!

Meph: Last year, you released "Journey to the Turnabout", which isn't yet finished. Could you tell us what it's about?

TKinhonipei: To be honest, this trial first started off as a sort of demo. I wanted to see what I'd be capable of, so I created this trial off the top of my head, but what I soon realized was that this had the potential to be awesome! So without spoiling anything, I can reveal that it involves Ron DeLite meeting a certain old friend that gets into some trouble. Unfortunately, something happens to his friend and Ron DeLite gets blamed. His wife also seems to have had a close bond with his friend as well, a sort of untold backstory, if you will. That's all I can reveal for now. :)

Meph: What's your favourite fan trial on AAO?

TKinhonipei: Oh man... The Virtual Turnabout by Blackrune really caught my eye. It was my first trial I ever played here on AAO, and it was really brilliant. What I love most about trials is dialogue, and this one had pretty awesome dialogue.
My second favorite would probably be The Rowdy Turnabout by Gumpei, probably because the dialogue would make me laugh every 20 frames or so in the trial. Also, the characters are lovable as ever, Gumpei really has some brilliant characterization skills.

Meph: You've been very involved in the community since you joined; particularly with your Random Star of the Week, which has stolen all of the attention from Member of the Month. How does it feel, now that you've been chosen for this? :P

TKinhonipei: It's a huge honor, considering that I wasn't randomly chosen. :P
I still can't shake this excitement for being the next MotM, I'm still surprised that I was chosen! Honestly I actually have been trying to get to this point for quite some time haha, but just this month I stopped trying. It's quite ironic, huh?

Meph: Hmmm. So how does one try to be the MotM? :P

TKinhonipei: Haha, well for me the process of trying to be the next MotM was to make sure that all the posts that I make on the forums stand out with most interest. :P

This month I just felt like being myself, going with the flow and seeing what's up on the forums these days as I'd involve myself with discussions whenever I felt like it. I find that being myself this month made me enjoy the forums even more, and I would advise this to any who wish to look forward to being the next MotM. ^_^

Meph: Well that actually has nothing to do with how to be the next MotM, but OK. :XD: But moving on, you were also telling me you have quite a close connection with Gumpei, as well?

TKinhonipei: Oh yes, very close connection. We literally shout our names out each and every time we see each other in the AAO Xat.

Our friendship grew first when I first showed him the Mega Mare pony video on YouTube, who knew that friendship could be so magical? :D

We soon saw that we had quite a lot of similarities. Then suddenly, we found that we were VERY alike, so we started this thing where we both were the same person, just different minds because sometimes we literally think the some thing, haha. Gumpei, or what I like to call her Gummy, will always be the other side of me. <3

Meph: Now let's talk about your personal life. What was your childhood like?

TKinhonipei: It was awesome! Elementary school in Hawaii was memorable as ever, I remember each and every class being required to learn a sort of Hawaiian dance and the whole school would watch everyone perform at the end of the semester. Prices were so cheap for lots of things, and I used to always get this chocolate ice cream called the Big Dip. I also remember playing games with my cousins, we'd all stay in my room all day playing some good old Mario Party. Good times!

Meph: Do you still live in Hawaii?

TKinhonipei: Oh not anymore, I've just recently moved out to California. It's an interesting experience, because I'm still trying to get used living here. Everything here's much more civil and different than Hawaii. At first I was VERY homesick and wanted to go back immediately, but I have to keep my career in mind. Here in California it's more easy for me to focus on school and get better grades because in Hawaii it's just so fun that I can never focus. :P

Meph: And now you can go to the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim more often. :P

TKinhonipei: Somehow I knew that topic would sneak its way into here, haha! I've already been there three times already, it truly is an awesome theme park. Indiana Jones and Space Mountain are my most favorite rides there. This place is definitely the second most happiest place on Earth to be at! ;)

Meph: That brings me to my next question. What is your average day like?

TKinhonipei: An average day in my life is pretty easygoing, I'm surprised to admit that too. I usually go to school and afterwords it's usually either I hang out with my girlfriend or I have to head to work. During these days I find the randomest times to visit the AAO Xat and come online to AAO. At the end of the day I find myself playing my Xbox. I hope that doesn't get out of hand soon, I've been playing Warriors Orochi 3 so much nowadays haha.

Meph: What are your favourite subjects at school?

TKinhonipei: PE. *shot*

Honestly, I find English and Math to be my most favorite subjects in school.
I'm always searching for ways to better my English, because I tend to still do this thing where I'll write in an essay and somewhere in that essay there are a couple of instances of me going off on a tangent. I find trying to make my English better a fun and entertaining process.

I hope someday I get to the point where I can make my point across in a certain comment, essay or dialogue pretty easily while my audience whispers, "Wow, this guy's pretty classy."

As for Math, I like solving problems and seeing progress of me getting better in a particular field of Math. I find it easy and to my liking while I also tend to help and tutor my friends who need help, but I have yet to take Calculus so perhaps I'm speaking to soon. :P

Meph: What are your plans for the future?

TKinhonipei: The usual American Dream: A nice house with a nice car, a wife, kids and a dog. I also really want to be a black belt someday in Karate, to ensure protection for my future family.

I also love making music videos. I'm seeing if I can be a music video producer for fun someday. It's my passion, really!

Meph: Do you have any other interests?

TKinhonipei: Oh, plenty. I love Martial Arts, as I'm currently in Karate and Taekwondo. I'm also into playing instruments like ukulele, piano, guitar, bass, drums, and I also love to sing. I also love to dance and party, wow I'm a wild one huh? :XD:

I'm also into anime, currently getting into Code Geass at the moment!

Meph: What kind of music do you like?

TKinhonipei: Everything but screamo. I love music that can make me nod my head to the beat as it plays while it is suitably fit for any audience, like Drake - Find Your Love. I love rock way more though, I just can't get enough of it. Songs like Diary of Jane by Breaking Benjamin and I'll Attack by 30 Seconds to Mars really get me going.

Meph: Who's your favourite music artist?

TKinhonipei: My favorite artist is probably Port Blue, along with my favorite album from him being The Albatross. I just love the peacefulness from the songs that Adam Young makes, the songs he make tend to help me relax and focus. :)

I don't quite have a favorite rock band, however, I do have a favorite rock song. It's Closer by King of Leon. Best song ever, for me.

Meph: When did you start doing Martial Arts? What does it involve?

TKinhonipei: I started taking Martial Arts about a year ago, I didn't know how much I'd love it until I tried! The dojo I train at actually trains three fighting styles: Karate, Jujitsu and Kempo. Just recently I've been learning a form involving the use of a staff. Weapon training is always fun. The dojo I train at teaches lots: Grappling, defense maneuvers, sparring, taking people down and just basically finding the best solution to get out of a physical situation. Martial Arts is so awesome. :)

Meph: But you can't hide that you're also an avid My Little Pony fan!

TKinhonipei: You caught me! I'm a very huge fan of the show but I'm quite shy to show it. Usually I never show my true feelings about that show until I find out that someone else is a brony, and that is when I converse with them!

Applejack is my favorite pony, in case you were wondering. Haha!

Also, my girlfriend loves watching My Little Pony with me.

Brony dream accomplished. :)

Meph: Before we conclude this interview, do you have anything else you'd like to say?

TKinhonipei: The AAO community is the most interesting and fun online community that I have ever seen in any forum. These forums are absolutely my most favorite forums in all of the internet, there is none that can match it.

With that being said, I hope to chat more with you guys in the future! :D

Meph: Thanks for the great interview!
The Fury Wraith
Spoken languages: English, Dutch

Re: Member of the Month: April 2012

Post by The Fury Wraith »

Congrats, TK!

Now what do you think of MotM being so late?

And if you only could have one, Ike or me, who'd you take? (I fear I already know the answer but...)
Case made by me: Turnabout Retribution
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

Congratz. As I always say, that's the best anime ever. Everybody should go watch it right now.*cough*

Congratulations, TK. ;)
I knew it'd be you sooner or later.
energizerspark

Post by energizerspark »

Conglaturations, TK.
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering
Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Post by Gav »

If Disneyland is the second happiest place on Earth, than what's the happiest place on Earth? :awesome:
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
$Fth

Post by $Fth »

Congratulations, TK!

You might wanna double check your post, Meph, there were a few mess-ups like an unopened color tag and you forgot to label a part where TK was talking.

That aside, TK!

When you first wake up in the morning, what is generally some of the first things you do?
Where do you normally check first on the AAO forums when you first log on?
If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
If you could only see one person for the rest of your life, who would it be?
What do you think is the most interesting religious belief (not necessarily your own)?
And all the carries and junglers will look up and shout "Save us!" and I'll whisper...
"MORDE ES NUMERO UNO HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE"
Bad Player wrote:In comparison, you put objects in bags.
Just call me Ike.
TKinhonipei
Spoken languages: asdfjkl;

Post by TKinhonipei »

The Fury Wraith wrote:Congrats, TK!

Now what do you think of MotM being so late?

And if you only could have one, Ike or me, who'd you take? (I fear I already know the answer but...)
I don't particularly mind, it's still quite an honor to be the next MotM.
That, and I had college exams this week, so it's good that Meph posted this after, haha.

If I could have one... I...

I-I can't... I need you both!!

We're all in that special tri-relationship, I plan to keep it that way! :larry:
Blackrune wrote:
Congratz. As I always say, that's the best anime ever. Everybody should go watch it right now.*cough*

Congratulations, TK. ;)
I knew it'd be you sooner or later.
It truly is the best anime ever. :nod:

Thanks, Blackrune!
Energizerman wrote:Conglaturations, TK.
Thlank you!

(I was going to say "thrank", but I checked Urban Dictionary and yeah... :XD:)
TwiGav wrote:If Disneyland is the second happiest place on Earth, than what's the happiest place on Earth? :awesome:
Being by my girlfriend's side. :larry:
$Fth wrote:Congratulations, TK!

You might wanna double check your post, Meph, there were a few mess-ups like an unopened color tag and you forgot to label a part where TK was talking.

That aside, TK!

When you first wake up in the morning, what is generally some of the first things you do?
Where do you normally check first on the AAO forums when you first log on?
If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
If you could only see one person for the rest of your life, who would it be?
What do you think is the most interesting religious belief (not necessarily your own)?
Soulmate!! Thank you. :)

The first thing I do are usually either:
- Go straight to the kitchen and make breakfast.
- Grab the Xbox 360 controller on the table next to me and turn my Xbox on.
- Wake up realizing that school starts in 30 minutes and I have to get ready in 20. xD

I normally check the ToR because I like to see all the randomness that can be generated there. The Competition thread and AAO Xat threads follow after.
Although, I always check the My Little Pony thread first when I see that it has an update, haha.

If I could eat one food, it'd be bacon. It's just so good..

If I could see one person for the rest of my life, it'd be my father. He's practically my bff, and he helps me get through the toughest situations in my life.

I think Buddhist is quite interesting, this quote intrigues me.
Generally Buddhism does not believe in a personal God or a divine being, it does not have worship, praying to, or praising of a divine being (although some sects do.) It offers no form of redemption, forgiveness, no heavenly hope, or a final judgment to those practicing its system. Buddhism is a moral philosophy, an ethical way to live for the here and now of this world to gain the ultimate state. It has more in common with humanism and atheism than its original religion Hinduism it separated from. But Buddhism is not atheism just because they don’t believe in a personal God. It is more like pantheism, there is a impersonal force the void which is the ultimate.
Gumpei is so awesome for being everything that I've always wished for. <3
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

Holhol is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BBblader© wrote:The strongest bonds you can make are the ones you aren't looking for, the ones that surprise you. I'm speaking from experience, so I believe in that pretty strongly. Think that's why so many relationships fail, because people wind up forcing themselves to find good in the other person, play up who they are to appear more attractive to them... but well... real love is being yourself, with someone who cares about you and accepts you for who you are.
Meph

Post by Meph »

And here's the answer to the riddle:

It lies in the distance.
It steals each month's grandness.
But it's OK. No one minds.

I just like picking on TK for making his thread. :P
$Fth wrote:You might wanna double check your post, Meph, there were a few mess-ups like an unopened color tag and you forgot to label a part where TK was talking.
I can't find them. Where are they? :)
ShadowEdgeworth

Post by ShadowEdgeworth »

CONGRATULATIONS, SEÑOR TK! :D You deserve it. ^^ 

Also...
Meph: But you can't hide that you're also an avid My Little Pony fan!
You caught me! I'm a very huge fan of the show but I'm quite shy to show it. Usually I never show my true feelings about that show until I find out that someone else is a brony, and that is when I converse with them!

Applejack is my favorite pony, in case you were wondering. Haha!

Also, my girlfriend loves watching My Little Pony with me.

Brony dream accomplished. 

Meph: Before we conclude this interview, do you have anything else you'd like to say?
Makes it look like you've been hiding something from us Meph... :P

Epic Rap Battles of AAO History: Meph VS Unas l Phoenix Wright VS Glase Canon l SuperGanondorf VS GotMLK7 l Mimi Mika VS Zeel1

Winner of the Golden Star Award 2010!
Creator of Commander Mika Cadenza and Admiral Kathryn Jayneway in Endless Time!
Currently RPing as The Doctor, Shadow The Hedgehog, and Spider-Man in Dimensional Chaos!
Currently RPing as Spider-Man and Black Cat in Crossover Central!
Creator of Alexis Calika in Vermillion Sunset and Alex Tazian in Final Warfare!
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

Congratulations TK :)
Meph

Post by Meph »

ShadowEdgeworth wrote:Makes it look like you've been hiding something from us Meph... :P
Oh............................... That's what Fth meant.

G-G-GGGGGG--

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

EDIT: OK, I've fixed it, now. :P
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

TEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Congrats! :D Definitely well-deserved.

What are we looking at?
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Congrats TK.

Figure out the password to hack AAO yet?
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

Gumpei wrote:[2:11:19 PM] Victor Edgeworth: ...what this just popped up while I was browsing AAO.
[2:11:39 PM] Victor Edgeworth: "A username and password are being requested by http://aceattorney.sparklin.org:8083. The site says: "AAO resources directory"
[2:11:48 PM] Victor Edgeworth: And I got prompted for a username and pass.
[2:11:53 PM] Victor Edgeworth: How did THAT happen.
[2:11:57 PM] NYAKU: Happened to me twice now.
[2:12:00 PM] NYAKU: ...now thrice.

...anybody else having this happen?

EDIT: Appears to only be happening on the MotM, oddly enough.
Re-posted from the ToR.
Topaz
Spoken languages: English, 日本語

Post by Topaz »

Meph wrote:
ShadowEdgeworth wrote:Makes it look like you've been hiding something from us Meph... :P
Oh............................... That's what Fth meant.

G-G-GGGGGG--

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
*removed hotlinking*

EDIT: OK, I've fixed it, now. :P
Fix'd.

Strangely, right clicking the missing image and clicking "View" brings you to a password locked screen, but going there from the editor works.
Last edited by Meph on Sat May 05, 2012 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No hotlinking from Court Records, please.