November 2012 - Puddin'

The MotM is an interview that the team does at the end of each month. It's a fun way of finding out about respected members of the community.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Tap
Spoken languages: English

November 2012 - Puddin'

Post by Tap »

Member of the Month
November 2012
Puddin'

Ugh... pudding. Yuck. ;p
This is the Member of the Month; an interview that I do at the end of each month. It's a fun way of finding out about respected
members of the community.

I personally select each month's Member of the Month. People are picked based on their contributions to the community, whether they are: making excellent trials, providing comic relief or just being a brilliant person. The next Member of the Month could be you!

If you have any questions about the Member of the Month system, please PM me.
For November's Member of the Month, I chose Puddin', or Phantom as he is known by most. Arguably in the minds of some users the most controversial member of our site, Puddin' hasn't been afraid to take on the moderating team on a number of occasions, whether it be defending his right to posting, or taking up the defence for another user. Either way, he's largely responsible for my migraines whenever I look at the Moderating Forum. Sorry, Puddin'! :XD:

Being liked by the community is no guarantee to being chosen to be Member of the Month. The monthly interview is not something which only the best of the best are entitled to. It's a community response, allowing for well-known members of the community to interact in a fun and exciting manner. AAO has grown in the past couple of years, and I think it's time we shake up the system a little. Puddin' and I have had an enjoyable interview where I've learned a number of new things about him, so I hope it'll be the same effect on you, too!

And as per the precedent set by last month's Member of the Month interview, here is an explanation for my "super far-fetched" riddle. I suppose I'll have to come up with something incredibly easy next time. Maybe I'll have to follow Meph's riddle and have every line actually connect instead of each line of my riddles being different from one another... Something to mumble on, I think.
The United Nations: One of the extra clues I gave directed attention towards a thread here in the General Chat forum. In particular, the International Politics thread in which Puddin' has demonstrated a keen interest in the study of Global Politics and various international/global affairs/events. The United Nations in this riddle represents globalisation or internationalism.

Hope to hear from everyone: One of the extra clues I gave mentions how this line is a direct excerpt from one of Puddin''s post. In fact, you have to go back to 2010 to his first post in order to find said excerpt. In his introductory post, Puddin' ended with "Hope to hear from everyone!" See it for yourself here! :wink:

Zomg Godot: And finally, another clue pointed at Puddin''s trial, Turnabout Generations. Older users will probably remember back on Xat about my obsession with proving Cell = Godot, something which is mentioned in this very interview... ^^
Tap: Hello, and welcome to the thirtieth Member of the Month interview.

Puddin': 'Sup dawg!
▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tap: Tell us about how you found AAO, and what made you want to join.

Puddin': Oh MANNNNN, this question might take awhile to answer LOL. I'll put in a small summary for anyone not into wall of texts... at the end of the wall of texts :P:

It all goes back to how I accidentally "discovered" the Ace Attorney games a couple of years ago (2010 is the year I registered here I believe). For years, I always *sorta* knew the AA game series existed whenever I read gaming articles from IGN, to 1UP, to even Kotaku. On some posts, whenever a legal issue came up in the gaming industry, some of the authors would use the iconic Phoenix Wright objection pose as the "featured image" for their articles, and I thought to myself "that's a pretty cool image yo". At the time, I didn't actually know that was some random dude named Phoenix Wright or that the image came from a game or anything, including the Objection! speech bubbles. (For the longest time however, I thought that pose was simply coming from some meme comic, not an actual game series that came out almost *a decade ago*!)

Anyways, in 2009-2010ish, I went through a pretty weird phase in that time, where "hardcore" games like Left 4 Dead or Team Fortress 2, Assassin's Creed, TES: Oblivion, etc. didn't really feel like they were good to play anymore, and I started going to a casual gaming route when I acquired my first ever iPod Touch (for anyone caring to wonder, it was the second generation one). Being a PC gamer first and foremost, and as someone that always played violent games of all sorts since I was a kid, I found it pretty appalling that I was starting to dig only casual, time-killing games. [Could be that I was having the time of my life in real life, and video games couldn't fulfill my need to have fun in a virtual world... so time-killing was the way to go I guess].

One day, in the summer of 2010, I was watching a video viewing comedy by a comedian called Pablo Francisco, and the stage he was on had a speech bubble behind him, that looked very similar to the Objection! bubble from the AA games. In my head, I was like "man wtf even Pablo Francisco has this dialogue speech bubble from those gaming articles" at the time, and so I finally decided that I had to find out just wtf that bubble came from...But then things got interesting after that.

In that one summer day, I was just chilling at my bed, and at the time the iTunes store was featuring lots of games for that week. Turns out at the time, it was featuring a game that happened to be recently released, with a familiar Objection! text and a familiar lawyer objecting character pose... It was the exact thing I was looking for.

Even more, I was actually digging the gameplay that was shown in the screenshots at the app store. Little did I know at the time that what I was digging into was (sort of) the visual novel genre. I dl'ed it, excited that the speech bubble and the character came from a game, not some comic.

Loved it, played it all day and night, not moving from my bed because MAN I was hooked. I was thinking in my head "Like dude... if there are lots of casual games with this kind of "deep" gameplay and story, then hook me up with some more games like this!"

...However, quickly into the second case of the first game, I realized I had already hated the investigation aspects ;P...But it didn't stop me from playing the rest of the game. When I beat the first, I was like "awww...Is that it?", because the AA sequels wasn't available for the iOS. So I assumed that was the only one to be made by Capcom. A couple of days later, I founded that sequels existed on Wikipedia, just not for the iOS, and I was like "awww YEAHHH SON". I proceeded to play those games as well, getting hooked onto JFA especially because the general atmosphere felt much more serious/darker. (Imagine my disappointment when I didn't get that same feeling at all in T&T :()

And so I played AJ as well, digging the new direction it was taking in terms of taking advantage of the DS hardware in full, especially with the characterization of Hobo Phoenix. I tried to play AAI after AJ... But I just could not get into it. I stopped playing right after some point in the early part of the 2nd case, where Edgeworth's on an airplane checking out the murder victim. Back when I found out sequels existed through the Wikipedia, I remembered reading about the release date. So, in my head after beating AJ, I thought to myself "hrmm, yo dude, this franchise has existed for a considerably long time game-wise/internet-wise, the fanbase is probably still alive, and there might have been fan made cases, so leggo find some to satisfy my appetite for more AA-ness."

First thing that popped up on Google was Court-Records, as the site was seemingly the only place with an active AA fanbase. Check out the Games section, download a few PyWright games, play'em, be awed by the effort put through to make the games, be disappointed someone already went through similar ideas you had when thinking about potentially making your own fancase. Somehow, I checked some thread regarding case-makers, and AAO was touted to be the most "friendly, easy" way of making AA fancases, so I registered back on AAO to check out the editor, and here I am today. Now let's note the only reason I joined at first was to actually see if the site was backing up its claim of being the most user-friendly case-maker to use. I think it was a pretty lucky draw for me for sure that I discovered AAO because I was interested in making fancases and playing more fancases.

tl;dr I discovered AAO through CR in a thread talking about available case-makers. Yeah dawg.
▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tap: Tell us about Turnabout Generations, the fangame which originally began under your watchful eye?

Puddin': This is gonna need a lil background, check this out y'all, I'll put in a short summary at the bottom of the wall of text again if you don't want to read through:

It started out from C-R, when I discovered there were other fancases actually available. Thing is though, I had an idea for making a fancase BEFORE I actually discovered CR. I sort of had a vision for what it would be about, but I had a clear vision for how the series would at least end. It was all a matter of trying to start it out and get through the middle of it before it could be achieved though. However, I decided before I go crazy with this idea, I needed to see if it was actually doable else I be wasting my time/life away on something meaningless. So I checked out CR, and the available case-makers in an attempt to see which engine out there developed the best/easiest after 10 years of the game being out. Cuz you know, if anyone read my previous answer, they'd know I was 10 years late to this series :P.

Man there seemed to be a lot of drama regarding AAO vs. PWLib vs. PyWright among everybody, both at CR AND AAO when I was trying to read threads and archives of pros/cons from the communities. I immediately knew I wanted to avoid PWLib because that's more code-oriented, something I didn't want to bother to learn. Plus, seeing how KSA_Tech treated some members like they were mentally challenged kids showed me the developer support for PWLib was... How do you say it nicely..."crappy", at best. Essentially, the branding of PWLib was all-around negative, and that stuck out like a sore thumb if I somehow associated myself with that case-maker in general. Plus, there were a lack of incremental updates to his engine, so I just assumed PWLib was outdated from my quick skim of the dev thread there.

Then came down to PyWright and AAO. While PyWright was also code-oriented, it at least looked manageable and learnable...But being lazy and a non-developer not having the patience to learn the ins and out of PyWright, I needed a GUI-friendly interface. AAO was a place I knew was the only casemaker that existed with an approachable GUI...But when I played some random trial posted on CR that was made on AAO, the way the game played and the interface of the page looked UGLY and turned me off from trying AAO, because while the assets had come from the likes of Ace Attorney, it NO way in hell played like Ace Attorney. When I played some chess case on PyWright, I was like "whoa, this case plus the engine itself actually emulates the real games pretty good!". I was even more impressed with how much the engine could emulate AA when it came to the Turnabout Snow series or w/e (I'm sorry Tap, I can never remember the name of Cardy or w/e his name's series is! LOL)

Seeing the success of these cases got me confident PyWright was a viable choice to learn. Also, out of all the developers around, Saluk was the most easy-going, and relatable (in the sense he seemed to understand frustrations of developing a case/struggling to find errors from a user standpoint), nicest dev I ever saw when it came to developer support. This perception was backed up by just seeing his posts and replies to his case-maker thread alone. It didn't help the fact that the fancases I enjoyed the most all were on PyWright at the time as well. So I knew I couldn't go wrong with PyWright. It just seemed TOO good to be true in my head, but I was liking what I was seeing.

Things changed when I played Turnabout Substitution after a certain point in the game. When *youknowwhat* got casted off, I was like "NOOOOO MY IDEA WTF", but at the same time I was like "HAHA YEAH SOMEONE THOUGHT THE SAME IDEA AS ME AND BEAT ME TO IT!" I went straight to see the contents of the game files of TSub after I beat it... checked out the sprite sheets, and some of the scripts, and I was like..."NOPE, not learning PyWright!"

...Because I knew from a developer stand-point that I could not possibly know how to acquire assets and the like without acquiring a big team and then getting everything together to be implemented in PyWright. I wouldn't want to end up like the Remnants of the Past project after all :P

So my final hope was AAO. I joined the site because it was the only way I could create a case and access the editor...The biggest attraction to me was that *most of the resources seen in AA games were already available and ready to go like a repository!* That did it for me for sure. Right when I joined I believe I went straight to work, not necessarily on what is now known as TGens, but just straight to work playing around the editor. I also remember posting my own intro thread at the same time, because I didn't want to post in the intro/goodbye thread because I thought no one actually went there. How cool is it when your a new guy getting like 3 pages worth of posts in a thread introducing yourself? :P

I had a small script going...in the script section, for a random test of the editor's basic functions. I didn't like what I was seeing though, presentation-wise. Little did I know that the small script for simply testing the editor out would turn to be a positively receptive case...

...But I took a break from playing around and decided to see if there were other cases worth playing. Specifically, two AAO fancases were brought to my attention, which was the Virtual Turnabout by ya boy named Blackrune, and some case-I-can't-remember-it's name-anymore by ya boy named Admiral Canuck. Nuck Nuck.

I can't remember if Virtual or Canuck's trial was the first one I played. To be safe, I'm going with Virtual. I was amazed at the time with what Blackrune brought to the table in VT. The name "Virtual Turnabout" alone brought me to his thread to play. When I played through the game, I was like "wtf this game is nothing compared to the one I played when I was at CR!". The game was finely polished, which increased my positive perception of AAO as a viable casemaker that can achieve authenticity easily. Thanks to VT, I made one of my focus of my test script to be one of good presentation. A pretty good goal I would think.

After Virtual, I started checking out other potential interesting cases... Admiral Canuck's stood out to me for some reason... (Possibly because it was a featured trial?)

I played it, and enjoyed it very much since it was an interesting trial following a simple logical structure of storytelling and game mechanics. When I got to the ending of the first case though, I was both excited, yet alarmed at the same time. Canuck was making Phoenix Wright go into a certain direction when it came to careers. The vision I had back before I joined CR planned to do the EXACT same thing. It was at this point that I beat Canuck's first case that I suddenly put on my game face and started going back to the test script I had and seriously started to develop it. I figured TSubs beat me to one of my ideas about a certain character and executed it well, I'd like to see if I could at least do another idea with a different character without someone else beating me to it.

That then, was when Turnabout Generations was born. It had the name of a serious sounding trial, but masked behind the name was an engine that I and many others deemed not a serious, competitive, or even good casemaker. Even though I had a serious goal, which was to just bring my idea to fruition, I still made it a highest priority to have the trial develop in a way so that A) it shows off the potential of the editor to people who've had negative conceptions of AAO, and B) I can help create a standard that AAO trials should aim for so that new folks like me won't take a poorly developed trial as the "poster child" of a medium.

The characterizations and the case was all rapidly improvised on the spot (at least, until E.D. Revolution came along...But even after he came along most dialogue wasn't really changed on the things I had worked on before he got added to the team, which is why I was surprised that authors like Tap were saying how spot-on characters like Ema seemed to be). Then again... a lot of the dialogue I made in part 1 was on the spot, but with E.D. on board later it would at least follow some sort of structure to fit in a "gameplay" perspective.

(A) was a short term thing (demonstrating one trial part as a demo), but (B) was something long-term (when I thought it would be achieved when I started working on my vision of a case/series in fruition at a very later point in time).

So TGens was getting worked on, slowly and slowly...by my first day of working after playing Canuck's trial, I already had the rough draft version of the prologue, lobby sequence, and some of the trial sequence that you see today (up to where, I don't remember... maybe E.D. does haha).

I had a number of the functions down easy, but when it came to things I didn't know how to do, like implementing all types of external content, such as custom music, backgrounds, etc., or trying to find custom sprites, I had nooooo clue what I was doing. Especially with the annoying errors I was having and all. I was stumped! This is when I started to learn the power of cloud technology like Dropbox and the like to make use of resources on AAO as efficiently as possible (at least, at the time).

If there was one thing AAO lacked... man it was tutorials/guides for learning certain things about the editor. I'm not referring to Tip & Tricks thread though, because that thread is cluttered, disorganized, and had an assortment of posts giving tips for certain things you can pull off in the editor... but not actual, formatted, step-by-step guides for learning specific parts of the editor that's not easily learned by simply playing around and trying to discover your way around the editor blindly.

As a matter of fact, a few posts after my introduction thread/intro posts, my first *real* post was an out-of-nowhere guide! It was about implementing external audio...Something I had to find out about myself. Then it was just me making even more guides in a short amount of time I joined here as I learned/mistaked my way through the editor...Which was pretty cool, because my efforts seemed (to me) to motivate more people like E.D. to create their own guides for advanced things/techniques, and even change the paradigm shift to a point where we finally got a tutorial forum (something I was asking for a couple of times early too btw ;P).

As I finally was getting the gist of the editor down, I started to commit to my idea in the same test script I had (after also playing Canuck's trial of course)...except I decided at an early point "hey, you know what, instead of risking going with my main idea/series vision, let's just create a test trial that demonstrates the real potential the AAO editor has, because alot of negative perceptions that some folks at CR had about AAO seems really wrong and misleading".

Not a bad idea, it gave me a small stepping stone for *learning* the editor without any need for real pressure to create a real case. I could incorporate one of my main ideas (which Canuck was planning in his series if you played the first case), with other types of ideas I had in my head.

I faced a lot of roadblocks though, and that was a complete lack of resources, music and art-wise. I didn't know anything about editing sprites, grabbing custom music, etc. etc. I was going in pretty much blind in everything asset-related.

My first time dealing with a cross-examination I didn't know what to do at all and was intimidated by the CE block in the editor as well. These obstacles prevented me from doing much of any development on TGens. I knew then I had to get someone who had a firm understanding of the editor already because a lack of proper guides existed on these things...an experienced person to help me learn the editor. This was then that I hired (more like convinced) E.D. to help me get my idea to be alive, by being a collaborator of the editor, due to his experience with ASA and his obvious mastery of the editor that he showed with his cases, including a particular dialogue scene in one of his cases that played with the idea of generations.

Then TGens started REALLY taking off immensely from then on-wards. E.D. seemed pretty impressed with the story-line direction, even though at one point he was like "this is supposed to be a test trial!?"

I was learning through the ways of the editor with all the sprites and scenes being implemented by E.D... At least everything but variables :P

Still, it was nothing to be excited about considering how I literally made the case impossible to even write. Not only did I need help on learning the editor, I needed E.D.'s help with trying to write for this case itself. Luckily, he and I had very similar, almost eerily exact sounding thoughts on a lot of areas of development. The gameplay direction that you see in Part 1 was attributable mainly to him. Most of the CE block statements were created by him while I created most of the dialogue for all of them (exceptions being that E.D. created the majority of the
Spoiler : :
fake gun objection dialogue sequence and a little bit of the fake autopsy report objection dialogue sequence
)

Things then were going smoothly then, with E.D. on the block I could worry about the things I cared about and was obviously strong in: the story/dialoguing/scene-setting, while he got the development/case-progressing [working around the limited details he knew] side down.

Now I had hired Dypo at some point in time too (before E.D. came on I think, not sure), because he was/still is well-known for being a grammar Nazi, so I knew that whenever I gave him the "greenlight", he would check over the work being put on the editor and correct any dialogue grammar/spelling errors that popped up. Worked pretty good for awhile. I also hired Dypo for one sprite edit job for one of my characters because I had (still have) no idea how to do any sprite editing :P

At some point in time, it was the end of October/beginning of November...It took 3 months of development to get to where the end of part 1 was today. 3 months from since when I joined AAO... Pretty good for a first-time nub author, considering the quality put into this single trial part... A demo part that is ;P

Yep, it was finished by that time, except for the lack of music and the ironing out of bugs. All that needed was beta-testing. It was already interesting as it was to have reasonable interest occurring when the thread of TGens was posted in the Your Trials section.

Then I hired Quadratic to test gameplay since he was the only guy that volunteered to beta at the time... When E.D. and I were officially nearing completion of TGens. He provided some feedback here and there but wasn't specific on where the errors were. I needed a second opinion. Still, I was an easygoing, trusty guy, so I put him as a collaborator to fix what was needed to fix.

Back then when BB (known as Wampyr now) and I were pretty chill with each other, he volunteered to do a beta of TGens himself after something got revealed on the TGens thread that I was really alarmed at anyone seeing (I forgot what it was about though :( ) that he saw. It was really nice of him to do so, and I even Skyped him in real-time to get real feedback so I could play along and see any errors he spotted visually myself so I can figure out what frame count it was at.

Things were going good for a little bit with his feedback...no obvious errors for the beginning of the game... Then all hell broke loose. He was giving me lots of weird errors that I made sure I had already fixed myself personally just days before he was beta'ing. I was confused and panicking at this point, wondering why all of that was happening.

I went into the editor, and lo and behold, a majority of the frames I saw were completely broken, some merged, some obviously deleted dialogue, and some obvious misspelled dialogue that I knew was originally correct before. Some sprites/pictures being wrong when I ensured with E.D. they were correct just a month before. And this was just the lobby sequence!

At this stage, TGens was not simply broken... It was beyond broken. I had to break it to the public thread (and to E.D.) that we had basically been sabotaged from the inside by one of the collaborators. This is when I had to snap back to reality that I generally can't be too trustful to forum members, especially those that have never made trials/never made any progress on any trials they made. I was really bummed out about it, telling BB that I might as well cancel this case because no one will ever be able to see the effort both E.D. and I put together in this as a team. Of course, he didn't accept that for an answer, for his suggestion was to try reverting to a backup. And I was like "Oh. Forgot about that." LOL And so I did just that. Suggestions later I removed everyone not named E.D. off the collaboration list so we could refine the case again.

So BB gave feedback again after that stint... Yep, there was little to no errors this time, and he was giving positive feedback for the story direction [I think his only criticism had been the map layout...Can't remember] After some point in time in which I felt the case was releasable, I asked in public for E.D.'s judgement in whether or not I can post the link to the case or not. Variable-issues aside, he gave me the greenlight.

THEN PRAISE EVERYWHERE WAS COMIN', BY THE LIKES OF BLACKRUNE AND TAP, TWO BIG POPULAR TRIAL AUTHORS WAS GIVING GENS PRETTY GOOD PRAISE.

Out of all the reviews given by everyone, there was only one negative review. For a trial that was originally MEANT to be just a demonstrative trial of AAO's V5 engine, man it was just an overwhelmingly positive reception.

Seeing that though backfired on me, because it meant I had an obligation to create a new part for this trial that could be as well received as the first one, so I started working on the next part right after Blackrune posted his review.

A month after part 1, I had already 500+ frames in the editor.

I think I talked way too much about the development side of TGens, not TGen itself haha xP

tl;dr TGens came about due to my playing of Canuck's one trial, where he presented an idea he was planning to use in the future in his trial, an idea that I had before joining AAO. I used this idea as an excuse to justify my extension of a test script I had going in the editor in the beginning of my joining AAO, as a means to learn about the editor while not feeling the pressure of making a real case. Turnabout Generations did not really pick-up development-wise until E.D. Revolution came along to help me bring my idea to life.

Tap: Will you confirm for us today and finally put to rest all the rumours? In other words, please tell us if it is true that Cell=Godot!

Puddin': TBA
psst, the answer *might* be revealed in the next part!
▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tap: We've also seen your collaboration with E.D. Revolution on a number of cases, including a bit of work on his own series, Mia Fey: Ace Spirit Attorney. How did you guys become close as peas in a pod?

Puddin': LOL E.D., I sometimes wonder that myself, because if anyone remembers how he first ever responded to me at the art request thread (when I was very new and asking for some flipped sprites because I had no knowledge on how to do so myself because I was *****y at art in general), he literally said "Do it yourself".

And the way he treated me in the posts at the beginning of the testimony title guide he made... you would never have thought he and I could ever be straight up homeboys. Like "wtf is this snubby know-it-all mofo talking down to a nub like me at for dawg!? He a nub too!" LOL

Yeah, he actually annoyed me due to the really negative way he made his posts in his few, short interactions with me in the beginning. I'm like "why does this dude get to get away with treating new members so plainly like this?"

I discovered his ASA thread though having A LOT of pages at the time (because he was new), like over 5, and I was like "Oh. Dude actually knows his ****" LOL

When I was browsing through the thread, I was surprised that he was going out of his lengths to defend what everyone else was calling a logic hole (I can't remember what it was about, sorry). At the same time however, I was also surprised a lot of members were *almost* bashing him for his characterization of Mia Fey, or at least, the actions of Mia Fey in his prequel. There was even lots of negativity about some gag he was overusing in his first case. This "controversy" got me intrigued in playing his trials.

I was treating it like a true first-case from a first-timer author.

I wasn't that big of a Mia fan, so I had pretty low expectations of his case. I was really digging the fact that the case seemed reasonably simple and logically structured. Its transitions, while simple, did not seem like it was sudden or anything. My most enjoyment of this case was that it wasn't even a featured trial, but I could clearly see there was thought and effort put into this as there was little to no bugs that ruined the game experience for me. It was the first non-featured trial case that I played that had little to no bugs.

I didn't get the logic hole everyone was talking about, but I at least understood why they might've thought Mia was extremely OOC. My thought was E.D. wanted to make her a very aggressive lawyer in court in the beginning of her career, until she later "grew up" and had a chilled, matured personality. I was fine with this interpretation, considering there wasn't much source material to work with as to how Mia's characterization is supposed to be, so he could go nuts on a prequel trying to explain the development of Mia. I expressed something like this in his thread, and his response was pretty much "THIS guy gets it".

When I beat his first case, I was pretty surprised to see he had a scene where some of the dialogue essentially summarized what TGens could be about. I expressed it so in his thread and asked for his permission to quote from his game. He granted it, which was pretty cool.

But, I decided that at some point that I was struggling to find a proper place to put the quotes in the trial progress I had so far, so I actually went to him in private and asked him if he could check out my small trial to see where he'd like to see his quotes put in, since it was originally his after all.

After he was set as a collab for Part 1, things just somehow picked up. Instead of him figuring out where to place these quotes, he was essentially like "Yo man, lemme help you out with developing your trial first" or something, because he liked the idea of where my story was heading. I know for a fact he wouldn't have helped me otherwise if he didn't believe in the potential of the concept I had going on. There wasn't really a rough start. I knew I could trust him as a developer/soon-to-be-co-author when he rejected the 1st list of (intentionally) bad songs I told him we would possibly be using for TGens and was honest with me when it came to the development of the trial.

Besides, I think it was good for him to work on something else other than ASA, as everyone who was active back then knew that his first case didn't even get featured TWICE. I don't know how he pulled through that haha

But I think we really became tight after TGens got sabotaged, and after TGens' success. I say after the sabotage because that was when I was able to chat with him real-time about the development of the project since he'd only give his contact info for emergencies like what happened with TGens and all. Chatting with him during the breaks we'd take from anything AAO related revealed he had an interest in the latest news, and an even keen interest in politics, which was pretty cool. He was one of the few people to actually understand health and social norms, so I tended to feel like I was talking to a normal, average guy no sweat. Then somehow I got to knowing where he's from, what major he was in (which I finally understood how he was able to take on certain issues in TGens), etc. this personal information which was like "Cool dawg I'm glad you trust me with this."

I think it was also our tendency to reach to the same conclusions for many ideas and things, be it accepting or rejecting them. Literally he'd be like "Check this out Phantom, we can use this certain fact of the Universe" and I'd cut-in and be like "To make it the basis of our alternate Universe?" And he'd be like "whoa yeah how'd you know I was going to say that?". [This is just an example, but I think you get what I mean]

Since we were pretty chill collaborators who knew we could work with each other pretty fine and dandy [The positive reception of TGens reflects parts of this], we'd naturally be pretty chill outside of AAO.

So what started as really, really negative interaction (at least on his side), turned around to be a chill partnership/friendship in the end. Plus he and I are Asian so that kind of helps too when it comes to identity [This was all before TK was here, or before I knew Ryuu at all I think, if he considers himself Asian that is :P]

Tap: Both of you are quite similar in keeping to emulating the Ace Attorney game style as close as possible in terms of presentation, something which many cases used to overlook. Have you ever considered, or have any ideas for a case featuring unusual game mechanics (something along the lines of Blackrune's "super" and "supra" objections) which Gumping''s competition is currently promoting? E.D.'s 'timed cross-examination' doesn't count. :)

Puddin': Actually, not really. I'm more focused on presentation and storytelling than gameplay. I'd rather find ways to innovate on presentation rather than gameplay you know?

I'm not really a gameplay innovator... I give that credit to E.D., since he was always the one who implemented pretty much all the gameplay mechanics that we've had in our collabs. I would sometimes present potential new gameplay ideas to him, but most of them were sadly rejected in the end by the both of us due to it being technically/practically infeasible. Before you ask, no, I don't remember them :P

I'd rather let the people who know the ins and out of the editor do the innovating in that regard... I'm just some random Asian dude who simply likes presentable cases after all :lol:
▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tap: Do you happen to have a favourite fan trial here on Ace Attorney Online?

With all this time to think about it, I honestly can't really name my one favorite trial. I haven't played much fan trials here in a long time so I don't know what the recent good ones are.

It'll probably boil down to Virtual Turnabout for its unique setting up of the "virtual" universe... Or Gumpei's first Rowdy Turnabout case for being the most polished bug-free 1st-timer case I ever got the chance to play. Admiral Canuck's is also up there due to how the first case was just so perfectly simple, yet smoothly logical in its case/storytelling structure.

I don't know if this technically counts as a fan TRIAL, and I've only played one part of it... But Jean of Marc's Omniscient series was a wondrous joy to play since he was able to utilize the AA universe in a way we could play a game within a game. Very innovative trial here, in both presentation and behind the scenes of pushing the V5 editor engine beyond its limit.

Also, this isn't me trying to be offending to you or anything, since I know you emphasized for a long time that it's something you essentially hated, but I SERIOUSLY enjoyed your case with the black basketball players. It was a sports-related trial, a case which I believe was the first to do (at least IMO), and I happen to love me some B-Ball. It actually involved black characters...Which again, was a case which was the first one to do so.

I also liked BB's Raymond Hope series. It included Charles Manson, because I wasn't expecting anyone from AAO to include a crazy guy like him in a trial before LOL. See? I can't really pick a favorite... However, I'm going to pick a safe option, and that's Jean of MArc's Omniscient Series.
▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tap: Now let's talk about your personal life. What was your childhood like?

Puddin: Dawg I don't even remember LOL. All I can pry out of my brain was that I was a pretty active, energetic dude having a knack to play with chicks my age at random parks and playgrounds all the time. Seemed to make my moms happy a lot while freaking out my pops a lot.

However, I was also known, implied by my brothers and parents, the "youngest gamer this planet has ever seen". Meaning I was playing games before I even knew how to crawl, walk, or even talk for that matter. Video-games and games in real life were a natural part of me since I was a baby, dawgs and chicas.

I was cracking the password to our old Windows 98 machines and playing MS-DOS games like Duke Nukem, Star Trek 25th: Anniversary, some medieval Fisher Price game, playing violent fighting games like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat... WHOO BOY my fate was set to be defined as a gamer...while STILL BEING A TODDLER/BABY.

Tap: "Youngest gamer this planet has ever seen"... Quite a title you've got there. Are your brothers gamers' as well? *hint hint* Tell us about your family! (A bit of a rhetorical, since I'm guessing your parents didn't buy video games just for you while you were super young! XD)

Puddin': Yeah dawg the title is strange to me because for the longest time I never really considered myself a real gamer. Gaming was just a natural part of my life without hesitation or thinking about it. Somehow, my social ability wasn't that affected when I was young, although it did severely hamper my ability to speak... I couldn't speak until I got into 1st grade, and that's not a good thing because that's when you start learning the basics of English (like abcs and making words and things like that). Somehow even though I never turned in my work or anything in 1st grade and near failed it, I was the teacher's favorite solely on my adaptability and learning potential for reading complex sentences and handling arithmetic. In that regard, I was way ahead of the class by the end of the year. And the reason why I was ahead was because I wanted to beat this girl in our class who had already mastered reading... a child prodigy. So ya boy Phantom beat a 1st grade child prodigy with a big handicap for a guy so young LOL. That was in thanks to games and my brothers and parents helping me understand the games texts from time to time.

My brothers actually introduced me to gaming. As a matter of fact, whenever they were in our parent's bedroom playing on the Sega Genesis, I'd be watching alongside them in the middle (goo goo ga gaa'ing like a miniBOSS). However, my brothers were pretty alarmed that for simply being a baby, I had developed a comprehensible, "cognitive" sense of surrounding that made me instinctively understand that the controllers they were using affected what was going on the TV. Imagine the horror on their faces when I tried snatching a controller from one of my older bros and they were like "okay middle bro, give the youngest bro a spare controller and pretend its plugged in" and my reaction to this trickery was simply "WEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH". They had to succumb to the fact that there was going to be a 3rd player already born, and SO quickly at that too. And you know back in the day consoles only handled 2 players :P

See, before I was born, our parents only allowed my bros to play on the Sega Genesis every summer. Once that summer ended, the genesis was completely locked up, saddening my bros. This all changed after I was born because I kept "WEHHH"ing whenever that Genesis kept getting locked up LOL. Great news for my bros, but end of the world for my parents LOL

I picked up my willingness to try new game genres from them. Both of them had similar interests in certain genres (like sports/fighting/shooting), while they had different interests in lots of other genres (strategy, rpg, god-sims, etc.) They're long gone from home though, so I don't know the extent to how *much* they play games, but they'd probably still call themselves gamers.

And look on the bright side, they played games when they were young (not as young as a baby Puddin') and none of us turned out to kill anyone due to games!
▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tap: That brings me to my next question. What is your average day like?

Puddin': That depends on which day you're referring to. Currently it's school, school, work, school, work, maybe some networking, and *some* free time at nights, and on the weekends, taking care of my moms. Legit, college got ramped up in terms of busyness and difficulty.

Tap: You've mentioned a couple of times on the forum that you're in college now, which if my American English - Commonwealth English translator works correctly, then you're in your first year of university. What sort of degree are you studying? :)

Puddin': Correct, BP explained it pretty simply in the Rant thread about the university/college terminology when applied to the United States.

Due to the nature of my major being only offered in a few universities in the entire nation (for undergraduates specifically), I'd prefer not to say what it is for privacy concerns, sorry! I'm willing to answer in a PM as long as it's kept hush hush though for anyone actually interested in this question.
▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tap: What are your plans for the future?

Puddin': TBA
▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tap: Which is your favourite Ace Attorney game?

Puddin': JFA first, AJ second, hands down! Though most AAO'ers who've known me back when I first joined here know that :P

Tap: Justice for All, huh? How about 'dems soundtrack? I think I remember you mentioning once how great the OST is, contrary to popular C-R and AAO opinion who believe it to be the weakest of the series. And do you have a favourite canon case?

Puddin': YESSIR!

It's still hands down the best OST the AA series has to offer overall IMO. A lot of people have given me flak for this a few times it's been brought up over the past as to why it's good. Actually, I think I was given more flak for saying T&T's OST was the worst xP The general atmosphere of JFA was set to be much more serious/darker. Every song, while varying in quality in terms of compositions, always fit the scenes they were in EVERY single time they played. You can't say the same about T&T's.

The CE themes particular were much more ominous/darker than AA1/AA3 [AA3 had annoying high notes that I thought fit for a chica character, but it was used for Phoenix as well :s]], and as you played the later cases of JFA, it became even perfectly more fitting. This is because Tanaka (the composer for JFA/one of the composers for AJ) had this good understanding of playing lower octave'd notes to reflect the more personal, serious storyline that JFA was bringing about. The CE themes felt noir-like compared to the other games in the series.

Look at Kurain Village theme... Man for a GBA game I never heard traditional Japanese-like music sounding THAT evil to the ears, it was akin to hearing a track from Samurai Showdown!

While I personally think AA1 had the best detention theme out of AA1-3, when you compare JFA's detention theme to T&T's detention theme, it should be obvious that JFA's detention center theme was the more depressing of the two (and by a wide margin at that). If anyone says otherwise, then you must be musically challenged :lol:.

No seriously though, I think you can get my feelings on JFA's OST superiority when the only track on T&T that I love and that is my favorite is Trybien's theme song or w/e his name was LOL

As for favorite canon case, it'll be the last case of JFA. You had gotten so attached to the characters and story that the experience felt like everything was at stake here (even though it was just the stake of a person's life, Maya). So seeing the desperation of Phoenix trying to pull as much threads as he can in the name of the truth vs. the life of Maya was just a satisfying experience to play through. Seeing him break down and feel helpless about Maya was glorious. To me, it was Phoenix's biggest challenge he's ever had to face, and not even the resolving of the Fey clan and Godot in T&T can top that.

Of course, if Noriyuki Iwadare had been in charge of the music for JFA I'd probably pick another case... hell even a completely different game to like than JFA :P
▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tap: What other games do you really like?

Puddin': Dude being both a console gamer AND PC gamer when I was young allowed me the opportunity to try out all sorts of genres that I really dig, that naming only a couple of games would be too long for interview purposes!

Tap: Then how about I name a couple for you? Are you any interested in the Final Fantasy series, Grand Theft Auto, Pokemon, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Dynasty Warriors, Kingdom Hearts, Oddworld, Ape Escape, Alundra and so forth... Or maybe you've played or heard of the old PSX game, "T’ai Fu: Wrath of the Tiger". I haven't come across many who've even heard of it before!

Puddin': We never owned a PS1 :(

Since you're asking though, I'll just jot down some video games from some consoles, and list more games from different consoles if anyone asks. Too many games I could list man seriously LOL

For the record I love to play Call of Duty 4.

NES:
Adventure Island
Tecmo Super Bowl (definitely love this one...Down, set, HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT DEEZ NUTZ HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT)
Battletoads
Battle of Olympus
Legend of Zelda 2
Battleship
Bionic Commando (definitely a fav)
Blaster Master
Bubble Bobble
Castlevania (I forget if I played the whole NES series or just one of them)
Contra
Crystalis
Donkey Kong (when he was the evil princess kidnapper!)
Double Dragon series
Dr. Mario
Dragon Fighter
The Dragon Warrior series (my first real venture into the RPG Genre)
Elevator Action
ExciteBike
Final Fantasy 2+3 [still to this day have not been able to beat those games...then again I always did lose my saves and 2 was just
naturally hard :P]
Ghosts n' Goblins
The Goonies
Ikari Warriors
Joust
Kirby's Adventure (probably one of the best games made for the NES)
Kung-Fu Master (YO YO, YO YO, YO YO YO YO YO YO)
Little Nemo: Dreammaster or something
Bird vs. MJ (can't remember exact title)
Maniac Mansion (harrrd for me when I was young because I had no concept of puzzles)
We can't forget the Mario Brothers! Though I personally liked 2 the most because the gameplay was just the most fun to me (I just loved jumping super high with Peach LOL)
MegaMan (though I forget if I played all of them or not...Man there were too many Megaman games)
Metal Gear 1 and 2
Metroid
All the Ninja Gaiden games. Man those games backed the claim of "hard to beat!"
River City Random (art style was pretty fun and easy to get into)
Skate or Die 1-2
Jaws
Street Fighter 2000 something (it wasn't a fighting game, some "futuristic" platformer starring Ken Masters...HARD game)
TMNT series
Wizards and Warriors
RBI baseball
Base Wars (mixing in fighting with robots in a baseball game is still pretty innovative IMO)
Some plane game... 19 something.

I know there's more games but that's all I can remember atm.

Genesis:

Altered beast
Out of this World
Animaniacs
Some mermaid game
Ecco the dolphin game
Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition
Super Street Fighter 2 (w/e edition allowed you to play as anyone)
Mortal Kombat 1-3
Art of Fighting
Some batman game
Boogerman
Streets of Rage 1-3
Clayfighter
Comix Zone
Cool Spot
Cyborg Justice
Deadly Moves
DBZ
Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story
Earthworm Jim
Eternal Champions
Phantasy Star 4 (my favorite classic RPG game)
Fatal Fury
Flashback
Golden Axe series
Gunstar Heroes
Shinobi 3 (great platformer)
The Immortal
Justice League Task Force
The Lion King
The Lost Vikings
Michael Jackson's Moonwalker
Doom Trooper
Out Run
The Pagemaster
Phantom 2040
Pirates! Gold
Pit-Fighter
The Punisher
Pulseman
Rambo III
Shadow Dancer
The Revenge of Shinobi
RoadRash
Ristar
Rocket Knight Adventures
Samurai Shodown
Shadowrun (a favorite)
Shaq Fu
Shining Force
Shining Force II
Sonic Spinball
Sonic the Hedgehog 2/3
Space Harrier II
Spider-Man/X-Men: Arcade's Revenge
Spider-man
SplatterHouse 2/3
Strider
Technocop
TMNT: Hyperstone Heist
TMNT: Tournament Fighters
Tiny Toon Adventures: ACME All-Stars
Ultraman
Vectorman 1/2
Virtua Fighter 2
VR Troopers
There's more but I can't remember, it's been too long :(

Dreamcast:

Shenmue
Power Stone series
Silver
Some Tony Hawk Pro Skating game
Crazy Taxi
Dead or Alive 2
House of the Dead 2
ESPN International Track & Field
Fighting Vipers 2
Fur Fighter
Jet Grind RADIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Some NFL game
Some NBA 2K game
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing 1/2
Sonic Adventure 2
Soul Calibur
Star Wars: Demolition
Some Rainbow Six game
Virtua Tennis (can't remember if 1 or 2)
Web Browser 2.0 ;P

There was a couple more but I can't find the cd case where it had all of my dreamcast games in them anymore.

Welp, that's a small sampling of my past gaming library. I haven't even touched the N64, PS2, Xbox, Neo-Geo, SNES, or even the PC!

...I can't believe I played all these games LOL
▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tap: What was the first video game you ever played?

Puddin': This is hard...I can narrow it down easily because it was some violent game. But I'm not sure if it was a PC game (Duke Nukem), or a console game (Mortal Kombat 1/Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition for Sega Genesis). Before I knew how to walk, talk, or even crawl. Legit.

I want to say it was a console game, but I can't tell you which game I played first...I really played both MK1 and SF2 with equal playtimes when I was young.

Tap: How about "Doom"? That was my first violent video game I played... XD

Puddin': I find it weird that I was actually not allowed to play this game at all for the longest time. Ironic considering I was laying Duke Nukem with parental controls off for the longest time :s

Still, Doom 3 made up for it :D
▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tap: Last question, now. Do you have any other interests?

Puddin': Lovin'.
Any ladies interested hit me up with a PM ;P
Spoiler : :
▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tap: Naturally I had to include a question about politics! How do you feel about Barack Obama securing a second term as US President?

Puddin': Ahh politics...good ol' politics ;P

I feel cautiously nothing... not apathetic, but cautiously nothing in a sense that there will be *some* stability of government since Obama is able to go another 4 years of presidency. I'm really hoping he doesn't screw anything up with Asia due to the recent pivot of our military resources all going there. There's no need to create unneeded tension with China simply because we want them contained you know? As usual, I feel that he should clamp down on domestic energy+economic policy, and making sure our foreign policy is attuned to promoting positive, healthy relationships that can promote U.S. interests and global stability.

...Okay guys, who am I kidding, I feel like secceeding from 'MURICA :lol:

Tap: Do you feel now that Obama no longer needs to concern himself about seeking a second term, he will be able to exercise the political capital of his mandate in reaching compromise with the Republicans in the House to avoid the so-called "fiscal cliff"?

Puddin':Sure, if the Republicans have a sudden change of heart while they still have majority control of the House of Representatives.

Short answer: No, not particularly.

He DEFINITELY needs to concern himself with the matter of exercising his mandate since the GOP specifically made it clear since 2008 that their one and only real goal was to make sure to make Obama a ONE TERM president. Now it's an attempt to block any real policies he pushes just because it's BARACK OBAMA. For those not into politics, basically, the Republican party will not try to make a serious compromise with the democrat party to resolve the matter of budgets due to their shortsightedness and the GOP's shift to the very far right [we're talking religious zealots who advocate God intended there to be rape, wtf??] at this point in time. It just blows my mind how far-right the GOP party has shifted to in a matter of years that seeking a compromise on a fiscal level is not even a MAIN priority for the GOP.

However Tap, you are right in one regard: Since it's his 2nd term, he has nothing to lose now...Obama can be a much more risk-taker in terms of policies and in regards to the control of the mandate. He should take advantage of the media to "forcefully" promote the will of the people and keep Congress on its toes.

But again, Republicans have the majority in the House, so it's rather a large stalemate of implementing new laws, a battle b/e the Senate and the House... Will be interesting to see what happens in the next 4 years.

Recent news showed how the Democrat party and GOP were in good, friendly, talking terms after the recent fiscal cliff meeting just a few days ago (Boehner and Obama actually in good mood and shaking each other's hands!?), so clearly SOME compromise is supposedly being thrown on the table... But I'm still doubtful nevertheless.
▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tap: Before we conclude this interview, do you have anything else you'd like to say?

Puddin': Shout-outs to my homedawg E.D., cuz you know TGens wouldn't have become what it is today without you and keepin' things real. Plus you're a pretty up-to-date guy regarding the news, and knowledgeful in the art of health. I know Hurricane Sandy's hit NJ pretty hard and I haven't seen you in a long while, but stay strong dude

Shout-outs to BB, cuz even if you don't like me anymore I will still never forget that you were the guy that stopped me from canceling TGens when it got sabotaged that one time. I'll always appreciate that.

Shout-outs to ya homegirl Singi, for doing tildes right~
She's also one of the chillest members here on AAO I met back in the day too who isn't afraid to speak her mind and be open minded/mature in debates. Mad respect yo. Oh and she's a pretty boss artist.

Shout-outs to Holhol, but why? Only she can figure that out at this point in time ;)

Shout-out to Ryuusai because man you no longer take an hour to make a reply to someone anymore LOL! You've always been a chill dude and I hope you stay that way man. Retain that "Lol!"

Shout-out to TK cuz he's always been a chill dude with ALWAYS a positive attitude. I don't know how he does it haha. ""Stick" to your groceries!" would be his main advice in life ;P

Shout-out to LP for being another chill, funny dude inventing the interaction of "artueing" for me and Drey(...and Ike? ...Nah) And also for his attentiveness and openness to my criticism style for his art works.

Shout-out to Drey for being Drey! I can't tell you guys how much fun it was whenever he and I were on xat at the same time interacting with each other.

Shout-out for Gumps for being chill dude and creating a very nicely presentable first case in Rowdy, even though the main character is completely forgetable and clueless/useless ;P

Shout-out to Sleuth for being open to my crticicsm style in an attempt to have his art improved. Still, don't whine about things/events preventing you from progressing on something, find a way to adapt yourself and shut-up and JUST DO IT! You've done it one time before, now apply it to everything else that you need/like to do in life :)

Shout-out to ShadowEdgeworth for his ATDitU videos, his cosplays, and his afro! Really fun guy that can brighten the forums with his afroness if he really tried to :P

Shout-out to Sami-Fire for being HAWT. Her tolerance and open-mind for her art and trial-work being under fire and improved from those fires is admirable and what authors should take notice if you feel threatened by a criticism.

Shout-out to Parrie/Para: Keeping strong and beating her cancer like a champ! A generally cool member who hasn't been active for a long while though.

Shout-out to Canuck and Blackrune because y'all two were the main motivators to starting TGens

Shout-out to Isy because she's also really HAWT. One of the sweetest chicas here on AAO =)

Shout-out to Jean-of-MArc for his well-roundedness and talent as an individual and being a really chill, happy dude. He's adaptable and a really great innovater in my eyes. Check out the game he's helping to develop on here:
http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =45&t=7458 It's a game based off of Super Mario Brothers Crossovers, being headed by the same author that made SMBC!

I can't forget to give a shout-out to Mimi Mika, for she's apparently still the Empress of AAO or somethin', I dunno man I don't want to get on her bad side or anything so sup LOL. Legit tho, don't let any obstacles knock you down so easily, shrug it off and push forward.

Shout-out to SUPA DUPA for being a chill dude, even though you base your political beliefs on some weird religious fundamentals or something hahahahhaha. You are(were?) a fine xat admin from my experience too :). Keep doing good in school... do (legalized) drugs too when you can grab the opportunity to!

Shout-out to NUDIES for also being a chill dude who isn't afraid to express his feelings/minds about something/someone and a mighty fine young trial developer I hear. Don't get stuck in the cottage and don't die from a hockey game either :P

Shout-out to Woof-Woof for her unique artistic/literary skill/background. She's a pretty deep analyzer man.

Shout-out to the mod staff for (to put it very briefly) their tolerating of me.

Shout-out to Tap for this interview opportunity, for all of these questions I wasn't expecting :P

And to you, the reader... for being able to read this entire MoTM up until this point :o. That takes some effort on the eyes LOL

I'm probably missing someone/a couple of more people. If I have, yo my bad shout-outs to you anyway!

ALSO SHAMELESS ADVERTISING CHECK OUT MY ART/MUSIC THREAD HERE OR MY TRIAL THREAD TTHERE OR MY DEVIANTART OVER YONDER

Alright dawgs and chicas, before you go to sleep, just remember to...

Dream about me.

-----

Now this MoTM needs to end like a BOSS, take it from here Tappy!

Peace out yall, HOUH
▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tap: And to confirm, this interview is indeed longer than Ping''s, so we've set a new record here! :wink:
FenrirDarkWolf

Re: Member of the Month: November 2012

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

Congrats man!
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Longer than Ping's how is this possible?

Anywho, congrats!

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Tap

Post by Tap »

I think I'll have to choose a SUPER EASY riddle for December's Member of the Month. Something which relates to only ONE idea about this person. :P

Anyway, congratulations again, Puddin'! :)
TKinhonipei
Spoken languages: asdfjkl;

Post by TKinhonipei »

SAY WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!? Impossible!! No way!! Has AAO has gone mad!? *shot**stabbed**trampled**thrown off a cliff*

"Stick" to your groceries!

Congrats on your title, Huds!
You know for sure that we all didn't see this one coming. :XD:

So a question for you, why the name change to Puddin' and also having avatars of delicious deserts? It's always intrigued me. xp
Gumpei is so awesome for being everything that I've always wished for. <3
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

Holhol is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BBblader© wrote:The strongest bonds you can make are the ones you aren't looking for, the ones that surprise you. I'm speaking from experience, so I believe in that pretty strongly. Think that's why so many relationships fail, because people wind up forcing themselves to find good in the other person, play up who they are to appear more attractive to them... but well... real love is being yourself, with someone who cares about you and accepts you for who you are.
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

I must say...
You're the biggest gamer I know...
Even more than I am!
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
ShadowEdgeworth

Post by ShadowEdgeworth »

Congratulations Phantom! My afro salutes you. :P

So, question. My typical question: What is the worst TV show, game, anime or film you have ever seen? :)

Epic Rap Battles of AAO History: Meph VS Unas l Phoenix Wright VS Glase Canon l SuperGanondorf VS GotMLK7 l Mimi Mika VS Zeel1

Winner of the Golden Star Award 2010!
Creator of Commander Mika Cadenza and Admiral Kathryn Jayneway in Endless Time!
Currently RPing as The Doctor, Shadow The Hedgehog, and Spider-Man in Dimensional Chaos!
Currently RPing as Spider-Man and Black Cat in Crossover Central!
Creator of Alexis Calika in Vermillion Sunset and Alex Tazian in Final Warfare!
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Too lazy to quote so:

@Fenrir: Ty!

@Kwando: Ty!

@Tappy: Ty! And even I didn't understand the riddle, even after the explanations I wasn't expecting anyone to guess it right xP
@TK: I know, I wasn't expecting it either LOL. Tap had to actually convince me to accept the MoTM opportunity, if that tells you anything.
As for your question, "Puddin'" is just one name I changed to phase out my old name to something entirely different. Puddin' happened to be the first new name to cross my mind because Holhol used to call me that from some random time to time first a long time ago and decided to go with that. I'm not intending to stick with Puddin', but then again I'm out of ideas as to what the next name change should be so it'll be here for awhile xP
And the whole avatar thing to go with the name was just to supplement the name...and *possibly* make people crave dessert randomly :P

@Fenrir: Used to be youngest yes, but biggest? I don't know. Also what do you mean "even I am"? Surely you've played lots of games that you'd need to list down don't you?
...Then again, I only listed a few consoles soooo :P

@SE: Ty! My non-afro head nods back to your afro ;P
I know the worst show for me either is: That Bratz show, MLP, that Winx Club show, or the Viva La Pinata show. Basically 3 of those shows was running in the Fox Kids network (now known as 4KidsTV) which got in the way of seeing my more favorite shows on that channel when I was a kid (I was always excited to catch an episode of TMNT for example). I'm not sure if this channel showed up outside the U.S., but for the American kid they should know the pains and agony of waking up at 6-8 in the morning on a SATURDAY to watch Fox kids/4Kids, only to have these crappy "social" shows be running at the time :P

I can't give a worst anime, but I can give a best anime for me: Shigurui
The tone, the setting, the atmosphere, violence, gore, etc. is DARK and BRUTAL. It has essentially spoiled my expectations for how anime should be in terms of excitement and the experience of the medium itself. I can't take animes like Naruto/Bleach seriously anymore after watching Shigurui man. To me it represented what feudal Japan must've TRULY been like back in the day.

Worst TV show: Everybody Loves Raymond. My parents really adore this show but it's just generally not that funny to me.

Worst game: Custer's Revenge for the Atari 2600. You literally move across the screen to do something to what appears to be a naked Native American woman. Not even that E.T. game for the Atari can beat that LOL. There was absolutely no fun to that game at all since there was literally no gameplay to it. Even E.T. had some "depth" to it back in the day.
--------
Edit: I wonder if any of you guys have read the MoTM in full :lol:
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

Puddin' wrote:@Fenrir: Used to be youngest yes, but biggest? I don't know. Also what do you mean "even I am"? Surely you've played lots of games that you'd need to list down don't you?
...Then again, I only listed a few consoles soooo :P
What I mean by that is, I'm a huge gamer(well, bigger than most people I know), but just in that list, you just blew me out of the water.

Speaking of that, what's your personal element?
You know, like fire, water, ice, etc?
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Well I can't seem to call myself a gamer anymore for I messed up on one of the titles for an important NES game!

River City Random* should be ->River City Ransom
-------------

Be proud you call yourself a gamer, for you must've played through alot of joyful experiences either way that most people out there miss out on.
Most people I know online and off tend to be surprised seeing the list of games I played, for they always seem to think that just because I love playing games like Call of Duty that I'm only a "mainstream" gamer or w/e :P

As for element? I'm thinking Cosmos. No element can beat that :lol:
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Puddin' wrote:
Edit: I wonder if any of you guys have read the MoTM in full :lol:
I HAVE NOW!

Anywho, congrats again!

Also, fave books or anything like that?

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Congrats, I mean seriously, even I have a hard time reading that in full, and I wrote all the answers xP

I haven't actually picked up a book at all since middle school (I'm not talking about books that I'm forced to read for English for high school of course), but it would be a couple of series I'd have to narrow down to:

Animorphs, the Dear Diary/America/the Royal Diary series (all essentially the same thing, they fall under the pretense of being diaries), A Series of Unfortunate Events, the Harry Potter series (I mean it was everyone's top read back in middle school!), and the Redwall series (by Brian Jacques).

As to favorite? Whew...tough call, I'll get back to you on that one :lol:
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

How would you feel if your mother hid poultry seasoning in her sock drawer?
Cause mine did...
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I'd be like "Damn moms you THAT hungry? Here's some gravy sauce to go with it then" LOL
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

Puddin' wrote:I'd be like "Damn moms you THAT hungry? Here's some gravy sauce to go with it then" LOL
lol
:calisto: :calisto: :calisto: :calisto:
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego