November 2012 - Puddin'

The MotM is an interview that the team does at the end of each month. It's a fun way of finding out about respected members of the community.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Re: Member of the Month: November 2012

Post by E.D.Revolution »

God damn, son of a beeyotch. Why didn't you tell me you were MotM, cabron? Had I not checked my e-mail a few days ago, I wouldn't have known. Congratulations, Puddin'. It's been a long time coming for that almost-unlikely-to-happen award. :lotta:

This is quite possibly the longest MotM I have read in recent, well, MotMs. You had quite a lot to say, eh. Must've been a bladder-buster for Tap.

PyWright? Yeah, that's very interesting to learn, but the language... PWLib? Yeah, not gonna touch that LOL

You were only two or three years late on that aspect of the case. :P

Here's the thing about the sabotage: We had quite a bit of collaborators (actually, growing by the week) on TGens. And there were some that were there to basically look at the trial. When there was a lot of stuff breaking, it was pure chaos. I did have to convince you, Phantom, to get rid of most of the collabs, because I couldn't tell who messed with the trial in our absense. This was the time when we knew our schedules and who worked on what. We didnt' know who was touching the trial in our absense. In retrospect, maybe we should've implemented the cardinal rule of collabs that we do now: Every time you work on something on the trial, you are expected to give a report of what was changed, so we have more accountability in our work. That backup system really saved our butts, especially the manual backups. (seems that he and I are the only ones at the time of TGens to actually use it).

And Tap, Cell is whoever you believe it is. :calisto:

I remember the Mia controversy, Phantom. People didn't "get" it, and I had a hell of a lot of valid reasons for going into defense mode, notwithstanding being the newb-noob. At the time of TGens, I didn't really know TGens was going on, so yeah, you did convince me to join.

Yeah, that's pretty much it: Phantom - storyline, story background, dialogue. Me - the techinical stuff. The "timed CE" was a successful experiment in itself. It proves it does work and can be used (although it is quite a hassle to set up).
Phantom wrote:Somehow, my social ability wasn't that affected when I was young, although it did severely hamper my ability to speak... I couldn't speak until I got into 1st grade, and that's not a good thing because that's when you start learning the basics of English (like abcs and making words and things like that). Somehow even though I never turned in my work or anything in 1st grade and near failed it, I was the teacher's favorite solely on my adaptability and learning potential for reading complex sentences and handling arithmetic. In that regard, /I was way ahead of the class by the end of the year. And the reason why I was ahead was because I wanted to beat this girl in our class who had already mastered reading... a child prodigy. So ya boy Phantom beat a 1st grade child prodigy with a big handicap for a guy so young LOL. That was in thanks to games and my brothers and parents helping me understand the games texts from time to time.
Wow, Phantom. I never knew that about you, regarding the 1st grade thing. You and I are alike in more ways than you think.
Phantom wrote:[AA3 had annoying high notes that I thought fit for a chica character, but it was used for Phoenix as well :s]
Damn right about that. Even as a Mia fan, I would NEVER use this in a Phoenix Trial.
Street Fighter 2000 something
... wut.
Tap: Last question, now. Do you have any other interests?

Puddin': Lovin'.
Walked right into that one. :calisto:
Tap: Naturally I had to include a question about politics! How do you feel about Barack Obama securing a second term as US President?

Puddin': Ahh politics...good ol' politics ;P

I feel cautiously nothing... not apathetic, but cautiously nothing in a sense that there will be *some* stability of government since Obama is able to go another 4 years of presidency. I'm really hoping he doesn't screw anything up with Asia due to the recent pivot of our military resources all going there. There's no need to create unneeded tension with China simply because we want them contained you know? As usual, I feel that he should clamp down on domestic energy+economic policy, and making sure our foreign policy is attuned to promoting positive, healthy relationships that can promote U.S. interests and global stability.
In regards to Asia, I do trust him on those matters. I think he really understands the issues going on in Asia (especially with the China Sea dispute), and I think he'll make a good choice for his next Secretary of State. Clinton was great as Sec. of State. Now if Romney had been president...
...Okay guys, who am I kidding, I feel like secceeding from 'MURICA :lol:
**** you!
Tap: Do you feel now that Obama no longer needs to concern himself about seeking a second term, he will be able to exercise the political capital of his mandate in reaching compromise with the Republicans in the House to avoid the so-called "fiscal cliff"?

Puddin':Sure, if the Republicans have a sudden change of heart while they still have majority control of the House of Representatives.

Short answer: No, not particularly.

He DEFINITELY needs to concern himself with the matter of exercising his mandate since the GOP specifically made it clear since 2008 that their one and only real goal was to make sure to make Obama a ONE TERM president. Now it's an attempt to block any real policies he pushes just because it's BARACK OBAMA. For those not into politics, basically, the Republican party will not try to make a serious compromise with the democrat party to resolve the matter of budgets due to their shortsightedness and the GOP's shift to the very far right [we're talking religious zealots who advocate God intended there to be rape, wtf??] at this point in time. It just blows my mind how far-right the GOP party has shifted to in a matter of years that seeking a compromise on a fiscal level is not even a MAIN priority for the GOP.
Here's what I think about the fiscal cliff: He put the ball in the Republicans court, as of this writing, so it's up to the Republicans to show real leadership. Or they could be what Jon Stewart calls "Being so inept that they are sitting on their own balls." Really, the Republicans need to get their head out of their asses. That "legitimate rape" sthick was the WORST thing they could do, and they paid dearly for that. To be honest, I don't know how the hell the GOP became this way. They weren't like this during the Bush years, and he was a pretty bad President (but not as bad as ANDREW JACKSON, the biggest JERK in the Presidency). But the introduction of the Tea Party made things a hell of a lot worse. You know, it's bad when you have a lot of Republicans listening to that b*****d Mitch McConnell (who, just recently shot himself in the balls, so-to-speak, regarding filibustering himself :pearl: ), whose only goal in the Senate is making Obama a one-term president. Guess how well that worked?
Recent news showed how the Democrat party and GOP were in good, friendly, talking terms after the recent fiscal cliff meeting just a few days ago (Boehner and Obama actually in good mood and shaking each other's hands!?), so clearly SOME compromise is supposedly being thrown on the table... But I'm still doubtful nevertheless.
IF only because they're under the gun from the people. Actually, I don't think Boehner and Obama are mortal enemies, as some pundits like to think.

On another note on the election. Somebody should've done an AA parody of the Karl Rove-Fox News Meltdown. That was GOLD.
Puddin': Shout-outs to my homedawg E.D., cuz you know TGens wouldn't have become what it is today without you and keepin' things real. Plus you're a pretty up-to-date guy regarding the news, and knowledgeful in the art of health. I know Hurricane Sandy's hit NJ pretty hard and I haven't seen you in a long while, but stay strong dude
Should've contacted me somehow, other than the usual methods. :lol:

But thank you for your concern. The thing is, I live right in the middle of areas where the Hurricane hit the worst. Staten Island got pummeled, NYC got some major flooding, the Jersey Shore is destroyed, a town next to me got flooded, and I got nothing. I had everything: power, water, heat, and gasoline. You may have seen some news reports about Gas rationing. Yeah, that happened. There are about two gas stations on my block that had electricity and were serving gas. Other gas stations had none, and couldn't serve gas to the customers. So there was a hell of a line from my house to get to the gas station. That week, I was scheduled to go to George Mason Univ for a weekend conference, that I ultimately declined to go. I had to help my friends who lost power, their cars totaled, and needed a ride. Basic needs first of others, then serve yourself. No school for a week, screwed up with the scheduling, and I'm just a more busy man, which is why I was inactive.

---------------------------------------------------------

Why were you chosen as MotM?

Since tomorrow is, uhh, that day, what do you plan to do that day?

What can you see in the immediate future for the GOP? I think I remember that the day after the election, the media was talking about 2016 already with Rick Scamtorum as front runner. (!) :shock:

Same question for the Democrats.

Retrospect: Who would've been the best contender vs. Obama if the stupid republican voters didn't vote for the crazies in the primaries (or as a matter of fact didn't choose Mitt Romney)?

Samsung or Apple? please say samsung, please say samsung...

What's the real problem with gun control, in your opinion?

Do you have any more plans on AAO?

Do you see Windows 8 catching on or will it stay in mediocrity?

Legalize Marijuana?

...bah more questions when I can think.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

E.D.! Good to see you're alive and well, I think we could safely agree that you dodged a bullet with Sandy :lol:

I'd reply to all of your replies, but I'll do it after the world ends. Let's go straight to the questions.

Oh, one thing though:
@Meph, how can I know if what you're saying is true about service/maintenance with the Disney Parks? I mean, as big as Disney as a corporation is, it *is* pretty hard to maintain all of these properties and assets *worldwide*. I went to Disney World a couple years ago and how they manage to keep things organized and relaxed is beyond me. Nothing of that magnitude that is Disney World and the various Disney Parks are going to be perfect.

You can't blame Disney for ending the Renaissance era, especially when you have Pixar Studios releasing success after success with fully CGI-animated movies instead of traditional handrawn animated movies (after all, many of Pixar's movies these past decade match the financial success of Disney's 90's Renaissance era movies), and Dreamworks with their release of Shrek garnering a global financial box office success was starting to become a major threat to Disney. Traditionally hand-drawn animated movies were seeing as commercial failures for Disney at that time.

In other words, Disney had to adapt to the times and to the market. C'mon Meph, even you must acknowledge, that for Disney, *change*, something you always seem to promote and explain to users not willing to adapt, benefited them in the long-run, no matter your personal opinion of how they seem to have "changed for the worse".

At least they haven't been relying on rehashing old IPs, and as I said in a previous post, the only real negative movie that was generaly disregarded seemed to be Cars 2, but i can't speak about that.

Legit Meph, just accept Disney's direction right now...Users are not suseptible to change, and that seems to include fans such as yourself :lol:
-------------------
Watch this space for ED questions.

1) Tap can explain that if the introduction of the MoTM didn't explain it enough. I haven't checked the PM's yet (cuz he had to convince me to accept the MoTM LOL), but something about "How it's been too long that you didn't get the award" and "It's not just about who's contributed to the forums the most" and "I think people have this very misunderstanding negative perception about you in general, so this MoTM will be a chance for us to learn about you better". That's the one I think was the main reason...If I explained it right that is xP
I'll look back at the PM's later to see if I was correct.

2) Lovin' like there's no tomorrow.

3) GOP's still here to stay, but I doubt most sane Americans, even undecided, are going to consider the GOP or any of its candidates/members/platforms as serious. They said the same thing about how Bobby Jindall is running haha

4) I have nothing to say about the Democrats.

5) I think it's generally agreed Ron Paul would've been the actual legit contender.

6) Samsung for phones, Apple for tablet ;P

7) I think it's going to catch mediocrity like Win Vista did. But once M$ gets the ball rolling again for Windows 9 I think that'll be the one that catches on...it's like some consistent pattern that M$ seems to have when it comes to their OS. I could be proven wrong though.

8) Assault weapons are most rampant when it comes to gun violence...But it's not the gun that kills people, it's the person holding the gun.
So we need more focus and funding on mental health services/treatment cures/discoveries/research in the United States.

9) I really hope not ;P

10) Yes, so long as the government can generate revenue and make money from legalizing (federal and state)

11) BRING ON MORE QUESTIONS YEAH

I'll asnwer your other questions to AFK
Meph
Spoken languages: English

Post by Meph »

@Meph, how can I know if what you're saying is true about service/maintenance with the Disney Parks? I mean, as big as Disney as a corporation is, it *is* pretty hard to maintain all of these properties and assets *worldwide*. I went to Disney World a couple years ago and how they manage to keep things organized and relaxed is beyond me. Nothing of that magnitude that is Disney World and the various Disney Parks are going to be perfect.

You can't blame Disney for ending the Renaissance era, especially when you have Pixar Studios releasing success after success with fully CGI-animated movies instead of traditional handrawn animated movies (after all, many of Pixar's movies these past decade match the financial success of Disney's 90's Renaissance era movies), and Dreamworks with their release of Shrek garnering a global financial box office success was starting to become a major threat to Disney. Traditionally hand-drawn animated movies were seeing as commercial failures for Disney at that time.

In other words, Disney had to adapt to the times and to the market. C'mon Meph, even you must acknowledge, that for Disney, *change*, something you always seem to promote and explain to users not willing to adapt, benefited them in the long-run, no matter your personal opinion of how they seem to have "changed for the worse".

At least they haven't been relying on rehashing old IPs, and as I said in a previous post, the only real negative movie that was generaly disregarded seemed to be Cars 2, but i can't speak about that.

Legit Meph, just accept Disney's direction right now...Users are not suseptible to change, and that seems to include fans such as yourself :lol:
Ah, I see you're not aware of what I'm talking about. 3D animation is not the issue. It's just a new medium for animation that compliments drawings and stop-motion. The problems lie far deeper than what you've mentioned (same goes for maintenance at the theme parks). But I won't go into detail; I don't want to spam your MotM thread with it. :XD:
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Enlighten me, I've reached my mini-goal for 5 pages so I'm pretty ok with the direction of this thread now xP.

But I must make it clear: As far as I'm concerned, as long as Disney has been keeping afloat and stable, I don't really think that Disney has any issue to warrant...the nitpicking that you're making as a fanboy LOL
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

More Questions and Follow ups. Yay!
  • What will the GOP need to do for the GOP to be taken seriously?
  • Ron Paul? Okay, but what about Jon Huntsman?
  • Windows 8: for the Console or the Phone?
  • What about Windows Surface?
  • So if mental health services are the solution, why is the media ignoring it?
  • Man, I cannot believe Tap missed an opportunity to ask a question about what you're known for: Debates. How did you become interested in debates? Or if you're not so interested, how did you get into it? And I'm talking about REAL debates, not the MAS PUTO debates AAO "thinks" they know.
  • What do you think about people using your catch phrase they didn't know (or forgot) were yours?
  • Marvel or DC?
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

E.D.Revolution wrote:More Questions and Follow ups. Yay!
  • What will the GOP need to do for the GOP to be taken seriously?
  • Ron Paul? Okay, but what about Jon Huntsman?
  • Windows 8: for the Console or the Phone?
  • What about Windows Surface?
  • So if mental health services are the solution, why is the media ignoring it?
  • Man, I cannot believe Tap missed an opportunity to ask a question about what you're known for: Debates. How did you become interested in debates? Or if you're not so interested, how did you get into it? And I'm talking about REAL debates, not the MAS PUTO debates AAO "thinks" they know.
  • What do you think about people using your catch phrase they didn't know (or forgot) were yours?
  • Marvel or DC?
Now that the world is over, I can answer these questions:

1) From the perspective of the average voter (Democrat or Republican): Wtf is Jon Huntsman?

2) Definitely for Mobile (so both phones and tablets...I'm referring to the sleek Metro UI design ofc, the live tiles are a huge innovative replacement over the older notification bars).

3) See 2), but to add onto this, the "keyboard" is a great solution to making tablets in general more...workable for productive work. I'm glad M$ is willing to step up and force the competition on the mobile/post-PC sector to do better with its OEM partners.

4) Ratings. They can keep calling the school shootings a tragedy as long as they keep making the killers (such as the Lanza kid) media martyrs. He's just a guy that wanted attention because he'd knew he'd become "famous" for doing a crazy stunt like killing a bunch of innocent kids in a school due to how the media has treated previous school shootings in the U.S.
Now the media is trying to spin all sorts of factors of why he became crazy in the first place...almost no consideration is put into leaving the victims or the parents alone by simply not mentioning the name of the killer or stopping interviewing the kids by asking them to relive the traumatic experience faced. Why? Ratings. The last thing the media's gonna do is bring up long-term solutions like focusing on mental health because it's *boring*, and the American people don't care about boring things due to how we're so desensitized regarding violence and shooting incidents like what happened recently.

5) I only became interested in debates to learn how to be a better public speaker and presenter in any school projects I did for my other classes. I had a fear for the longest time to do public speaking of any type, and also I was a horrible, shy presenter of any projects I did during my previous years of being in school.
In 7th grade, I took a Leadership class (only certain people were allowed to qualify to take it, which was strange considering I didn't consider myself to have any type of qualifications leader-related)...It was a pretty good class I thought, until the teacher talked about how we were going to present speeches on certain topics (not political related, but rather life-related). I was so scared out of my mind because I was never forced to do that before for a grade.

Code: Select all

My first speech was so messed up... Consider that there was some parts of English language that I didn't know you were supposed to say at that age/grade LOL: I was talking about how my pops did something really cool which allowed me to learn some useful skill in life, and I stated casually, in front of the entire class that I was a lucky bastard.
Everyone looked at me with shock, even the teacher, but I was thinking in my head "oh they must not believe me".
So I just continued on with my speech, and then suddenly I was interrupted by the teacher, saying "Hey Puddin', you do realize that you just called yourself a really insulting word right?"
I was like "Huh? What're you talking about?", and she was like "You called yourself...a bastard?" I was like "Yeah, what about it?"
She was like "You do know what that means right?" and I was like "Yeah....OH SNAP"
And then the rest of the class piped in wondering what the hell I was trying to say and I was like "I wrote it down as a figure of expression, I didn't actually mean that I was that word!"
Needless to say the entire class laughed, even me, cuz I screwed up so bad and I didn't realize how out of context/how "abrasive" I was when I said I was a lucky bastard LOL
So my teacher made me restart my speech and encouraged me to change the bastard part to something else actually positive sounding...I did, with a large giggle from the class.
Those people that were in that class would for the rest of our school life forget that moment, they wouldn't let that go about me LOL

So for the rest of the year I decided I needed to seriously improve myself so I don't screw up saying something wrong in high-school, totally improved my English vocabulary and forced myself to socialize more, both in real life, and on the Internet. 
When I got my sign-up sheet for high-school, there was an elective for Speech and Debate. So I was like "cool I'll sign up for this".
Next year, felt like a complete alien, didn't know what the hell I was doing in Debate for months because I was never in one my entire life. But there was a certain philosophy that my coach forced on me
:
"Never agree with your opponent".

Even if my opponent is completely right about something I'm never going to agree/never going to admit they're right...why? Because they're completely wrong on their assertions.
So, both in class Debate and outside of Debate I subconsciously went by this rule whenever I got into any argument with anyone no matter how trivial the subject/topic was about.
Debate was also important to me though because it allowed me AND forced me to keep with what's going on around the world to help me win my cases, and have an understanding of it. It's not really because I wanted to be interested in politics or International politics, but it was simply because I had to. And I was okay with that, for my researching/writing/case-building skills were honed and finetuned to find the best evidence/news to help with my cases. Debate is the reason why I was considered one of the best presenters in all of my classes/one of the best AP English student in the entire school...which is ironic because I suck at English LOL
And due to the formats of a particular debate event I participated in for 4 years, I already had a basic understanding of certain things related to my major.

6) I think most people should be well aware that I get annoyed with anyone at least not acknowledging I was the original creator of certain phrases/names for members. Forgetting is okay, but no one I've interacted with here has ever "forgotten" who came up with what catch phrase. It's always "No Phantom you didn't come up with this at all, what're you talking about?"

And some of yall had (have?) the nerve to try to modify my catchphrase to pass it off as your own...For example, no one started the "Dream about me" phrase when a chica (or a dude that I thought was chill) left to go to sleep until I came along. Then certain members started trying to be clever and say "Dream of me". Amusing to see, to say the least hahahahahha
It's not my fault you're socially awkward and not awesome enough to come up with your own original stuff, or don't like me enough to admit I'm the mofo who created the phrases/names that is liked/popular. I at least try to give credit when I know I'm taking someone else's catchphrase, like how I say something like "Like TK would say," and then his groceries signature. Ain't that right Gumps? ;)
What I think of them though? Just socially awkward douchebags in real life :lol:
Nah seriously though, it's annoying at most. Since I'm permabanned from the xat there's no way I can create a new popular phrase/name anymore. No biggie.

Edit: Btw, It's really no biggie now, cuz I forgot most of the catchphrases I've ever used since I've come here, seeing that I'm permabanned from xat and all :lol:

7) I actually have no preference/care, I like'em both!
Meph

Post by Meph »

Puddin' wrote:But I must make it clear: As far as I'm concerned, as long as Disney has been keeping afloat and stable, I don't really think that Disney has any issue to warrant...the nitpicking that you're making as a fanboy LOL
Believe me. They've lost a lot of what they stood for and did.

But sadly, the best website I could have linked to to prove my point is giving a 403 error, so I'll have to make do without it. :| Anyway, here's an article that goes over some of the problems:
http://micechat.com/17628-walt-disney-world-grievences/
Tap

Post by Tap »

From eastern-central,
My wife, the Canadian,
Yes it's obvious
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

It's not Wolf. It's actually deHughes. JUST TO TROLL US ALL.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Tap

Post by Tap »

Thanks for being Member of the Month, Phantom!
Thread locked! :wink: