Anime & Manga

Discuss works of media, like films, television programmes and novels.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Re: Anime & Manga

Post by Lind »

gotMLK7 wrote:Keith Silverstein as Hisoka
I am more than okay with this.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

I don't know much about HxH but I trust Silverstein with just about any villain role regardless.

Also, Viz Media now owns the rights for the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure anime, including the upcoming Diamond is Unbreakable! This is super exciting because between not releasing on Blu-Ray, making it too expensive for Toonami to stream, and advertising it less than Nickelodeon advertised Legend of Korra, Warner Brothers was TERRIBLE with JoJo. I liked the dub of the first two arcs just fine but I trust Viz with general localization far more than I do WB.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Finished ERASED. ERASED is...well it's a show I think you can make a compelling argument for either side, that it was fantastic or that it as terrible, depending on your personal standards. I'm somewhere in the middle but more towards the former. The show presented with some really clever (if obvious) direction, the animation was usually pretty great, I enjoyed all the characters, and in general it was just enjoyable, interesting, and a good time. That being said, when the show is done with the Kayo plot, it definitely drops a bit. Things meander for a few episodes in a "the manga probably spent more time on this" kinda way, the killer is ludicrously obvious and is a bit disappointing in a few aspects, and just in general the second half isn't as strong or as tense as the first is, though the ending was strong enough in my opinion that it helped make up for it a bit. That being said, I did enjoy what I got, and while I don't think the show wins "Anime of the Season" award, I don't regret watching it and I enjoy what we have. Also, by FAR the best opening of the season, and maybe even the best ending, too.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

energizerspark
Spoken languages: English

Post by energizerspark »

this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

meanwhile, in news about good anime, Natsume Yuujinchou Season 5 is finally announced. 2016 confirmed for best year.
Vera.Edgeworth
Spoken languages: Deutsch

Post by Vera.Edgeworth »

I read at the moment Death Note and that sound very good there :D
Ami

Post by Ami »

Anime. Idols. That. Are. Also. Lesbian. Racing. Horse. Girls. I think whatever is in me that processes anime just broke.
since 2008!
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Finished Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. For now, at least, because it got a season 2 confirmed! And it's a good thing, too, because this was by far the best anime of the Winter 2016 season. It's hard to find where to even start with this show, as it got just about everything right. It was an incredibly human drama centered around rakugo, a now obscure Japanese performance art involving storytelling, and the tragedy eventually befalling two young performers of it in the Shouwa era. What results is some of the most subtle directing, the most human characters, the most engaging storytelling, and the most overall high quality in anime of recent years. It's not all too overly complex or hard to follow, but everything just sorta...works. It's one of those shows just carried by its excellent writing and directing, with a strong cast and excellent presentation not exactly harming it. The show even starts with a double-length episode and a full 10-minute performance of rakugo, of a character sitting on a cushion telling a story, and it's incredibly engaging. The OP is also really rather good. Studio Deen somehow owned anime this season, between this and Konosuba, and I have zero qualms saying this is the best show of the season.

lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

By sheer Coincidence, I may have caught up on JoJolion today. No idea why.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

goddammit this season is actually making me ENJOY anime again. What is wrong with me.
Dave wrote:By sheer Coincidence, I may have caught up on JoJolion today. No idea why.
oh I haven't been keeping up with it. How has it been so far?
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Pretty good, it takes a unique approach to how JoJo tells stories. It is definitely much more of a mystery than action, honestly. (Action is still all there, I just note the mystery more than the battle, and that's nice.)
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

goddammit why am i actually enjoying this season whyyyy

send help
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Finished School-Live!, or Gakkou Gurashi. Without going too in-depth, I certainly recommend it. I advise anyone who hasn't to at least check out the first episode, maybe first two, and seeing how much you're interested from there. The characters in the series are all surprisingly more interesting than they seem, there's a lot of interesting themes at play, the show is an absolute master in being sly and deceptive, and in general was high quality. I think it's less good at being a cute slice of life show than it is at being _____, though, and throws in a weird amount of unfitting fanservice at times and its comedy is kinda mediocre most of the time. Still, it has a lot of amazing moments in direction and dozens of easter eggs that makes it really stand out, and I seriously advise giving it a shot if only to see if it's your thing. I can't say a ton about the show without spoiling things, but just know that it's more than meets the eye and deserves more attention than it currently has. Not exactly my favorite 2015 anime, but a darn good contender.

there Kwando I finished it are you happy

kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

yes i am happy

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
~Dataman~
Spoken languages: English and finnish.

Post by ~Dataman~ »

Whoa, haven't been in here for a while. :) I have gotten deeper into anime and animating. I have also been busy with my Youtube channel, where I today published this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzvq71gLXM4
It is a crossover battle between Erza Scarlet and Cutie Honey. I spent about 300 hours on the animated part, so I hope you guys will like it, and I also welcome any comments you have about it. :) Peace!
My DeviantArt My Youtube Channel
Anime is awesome! Watch my Anime Sword Techniques series in my Youtube channel! Currently I have covered Gatotsu, Yontoryu, Santoryu, Hiten Mitsurugi, Seven Swords Dance, Wattoujutsu, Scissorblade, Kamiya Kasshin and more is coming! :)

My Art Thread