The Saddest, Most Abused Characters Ever

Discuss works of media, like films, television programmes and novels.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Mimi
Spoken languages: English: the only language I can brag about

Re: The Saddest, Most Abused Characters Ever

Post by Mimi »

Yes please~ I never considered him as an abused character...
Hodou Okappa
Spoken languages: English

Post by Hodou Okappa »

I suppose I'd be remiss if I didn't talk about the guy in my avatar.
Spoiler : Zelos Wilder's whole story :
When he was young, his mother was killed before his eyes by a half-elf. Her last words to him were "If only you hadn't been born..."

As he grew up, he was constantly under pressure as Tethe'alla's Chosen of Mana. The role means that, if Tethe'alla ever goes into decline, he'll be forced to slowly and painfully sacrifice his own life to temporarily save it. He plays up his celebrity and becomes a womanizing jerk to hide his depression.

His half-sister, who was very close to him, was taken away when he became the Chosen, and forced to live in a convent for her entire life. She is so sickly that she needs an Exsphere just to function normally.

He agrees to spy on Lloyd and the others, who also happen to become the only people he's ever viewed as friends, just to get the chance to stop being the Chosen.

And in the end, (at least in one of the endings,) he fights the entire party alone just because he wants them to kill him so he can finally escape his miserable, miserable life.
Also known as: okappa, houdou.
Mimi

Post by Mimi »

:shock: Now that's what I called abused... I'll add him right away! What franchise is he from?
Hodou Okappa

Post by Hodou Okappa »

Namco Tales series, Tales of Symphonia.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Pretty good... I'll have to think of something even more torturous to top that.... :twisted:
TrialmanAKASoma Cruz

Post by TrialmanAKASoma Cruz »

Claus from Mother 3.
I love all generations of My Little Pony and I'm proud of it! Paste this into your sig if you are too!
To please my Yuri side. (Picture by adcoon on DA)
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.
Mimi

Post by Mimi »

I have two to throw in. Ha ha.

Kikyo.
Spoiler : :
No duh. First, she falls in love with Inuyasha. But because she's a miko, she has to give up her life as a woman to protect this dumb stone of magical power. So she's regarded as a protector and everything's up to her. So while everyone's laughing, she has to fight demons and stuff. Okay, for once, she discovers perhaps she can get out. So, she is about to use it when she's ripped almost to shreds by the incarnation of a bandit she was also giving up time to save. Because she's so nice.

She thinks though, this is Inuyasha. So she finds him and shoots the guy she loves to the tree. But because her life wasn't much anyway, she dies and she takes the stone of magical power to death... TO GUARD IT FOREVER. OMG COME ON.

Then she's dragged back to live by some random evil witch and forced to see the man she loved happy, fat, and with another woman that looks like her! The pain! And the girl is all jealous over her. And plus, she's only been with him for a few days and they're practically married! Oh, and for a while, she has to go through the humiliation of accusing Inuyasha of her death before discovering that Naraku was the one who did this to her. So she tries to kill him, but that guy has a crush on her and refuses to die. And over and over, she's thrown off into the cliff into acid, miasma, more cliffs, and more demon lairs. Finally, she's captured by the guy that killed her and uses her as some pawn/shield. She decides to sacrifice her life one more time and dies in the process in the arms of her beloved. Awww... and then her sacrifice as put to waste because it didn't work. So she died in vain.

And everyone hates her, by the way. What a miserable life.
SuperGanondorf
Spoken languages: American English, learning German

Post by SuperGanondorf »

Gumshoe and Larry Butz
Main admin of the official AAO Chatroom
Ace Attorneys: Emerging Legacies Team Member
Creator of AAO's #1 Roleplay, Endless Time! Come join today!

It even has a TVTropes page!

ENDLESS TIME: WINNER OF BEST AAO RP
Also the winner of:
Spoiler : Endless Time's Awards :
Coolest Original Weapon or Power: The Relics
Best Villain: Thereme
Most Well-Written Character, Most Original Character Concept, Best Design: Narome (LunchPolice)
Most Depressing Character, Greatest Backstory: Kenneth Roymond (GuardianDreamer)
Greatest RP Moment Ever, Saddest Moment: Narome's Feeding off Mika
Best NPC: The Doctor (ShadowEdgeworth)
Best Fight Scene: Drey Wilkins vs. Narome (Drey Wilkins, LunchPolice)
Best World
Most Eccentric Character: Ewyn (GuardianDreamer)
Best Duo: Narome and Kea (LunchPolice, Paradoxinparticles)
Biggest Crowning Moment of Awesome: The Sabolin Battle
And Best GM: ME ;P
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Can I put up the backstory of one of my OCs? It's from a series I'm working on and I need to make sure the backstory works.
Court-Records

Post by Court-Records »

Snake and Clover from 999.
Sissel
Spoken languages: English, Dead thoughts
Location: Could be hiding inside your phone, listening to your conversation with your mum

Post by Sissel »

In the unaltered timeline of BTTF I DOC DIES! :(
Made by me, anyone can use it, if they wish
Huddini

Wishing that you'll get better soon, Parrie!
I SUPPORT PARRIE AS A SQUADMATE IN ME3
Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Post by Singidava »

Hodou Okappa wrote:I suppose I'd be remiss if I didn't talk about the guy in my avatar.
Spoiler : Zelos Wilder's whole story :
When he was young, his mother was killed before his eyes by a half-elf. Her last words to him were "If only you hadn't been born..."

As he grew up, he was constantly under pressure as Tethe'alla's Chosen of Mana. The role means that, if Tethe'alla ever goes into decline, he'll be forced to slowly and painfully sacrifice his own life to temporarily save it. He plays up his celebrity and becomes a womanizing jerk to hide his depression.

His half-sister, who was very close to him, was taken away when he became the Chosen, and forced to live in a convent for her entire life. She is so sickly that she needs an Exsphere just to function normally.

He agrees to spy on Lloyd and the others, who also happen to become the only people he's ever viewed as friends, just to get the chance to stop being the Chosen.

And in the end, (at least in one of the endings,) he fights the entire party alone just because he wants them to kill him so he can finally escape his miserable, miserable life.
That sounds a lot like Fai from Tsubasa (how does he always pop up!?)... He's probably the most tragic character I know.
Spoiler : I'll spoil the whole show~ :
He and his twin brother were born as princes of Valeria. Unfortunately, twins are a bad omen. Since they were born to the king they'd doom the whole kingdom and to make matters even worse they also had the mightiest magic powers around (mightier power = MOAR suffering). However, if the king killed them the misfortune would double. That's why the twins are locked to a freezing valley of ice (with no warm clothing) where time and magic have no effect (this is probably why they didn't die from hypothermia...) to suffer for eternity because unhappier twins = happier country. Oh, and I forgot to mention that valley is also a corpse dump for sinners.

Oh, and for some reason even they're locked away disasters keep happening, the king goes mad and starts randomly killing people, the country gets ruined and pretty much everyone who lives there dies, while dead bodies keep falling to the valley. Finally, the king is also thrown to there. Then they have that nice little "I wish you hadn't been born" chat which ends with the king killing himself and his last words are "The only ones to live... in this country are only you... twins of misfortune. ...Live, paying for that sin... [of existing]" And of course the twins go pretty much insane at his words. Then we have some rather disturbing images of them wanting to kill themselves (but they're unable to) and wishing they hadn't been born to make at least one half of them happy and let him escape from their eternal suffering...

One of them does get rescued though. The rescuer is the big bad who kills the other one, manipulates the second twin's memory to make him believe that he killed him with his selfishness aaand curses him with a couple of spells and makes him his pawn by promising to revive his brother if he succeeds. Thus Fai becomes unable to kill himself before the big bad gets what he wants. Then finally the bad guy sends a mage to be his foster parent. So they start living together and Fai truly starts to love his foster dad only to find out that he is a killing monster. Oh, and the foster dad's goal from the beginning was just to use Fai to kill him with his magic. Buuuuut Fai loves him and can't do that so he just uses a temporary sleep spell to escape to different dimension. However, the sleep doesn't last forever and Fai knows when he wakes up he's going to hunt him down and force him to kill the only person who he ever loved (besides of his brother).

So, now Fai starts the journey the big bad wanted him to go with the main characters. His orders are to kill whoever comes in the way of the baddie's plans. In other words his new friends. And that's only where the real tragedy begins... ARGH!! THIS IS WAY TOO LONG! Fine, here are a few things that happen: he tries to get himself killed on purpose (despite his brother's situtation), he gets his eye gouged out and was about to die but recovers with a few sacrifaces from his friends (he begs them to let him die but nobody listens) and to make it even worse he was turned into a vampire in process, the kind of vampire who actually needs HUMAN blood and doesn't sparkle, his other half of magic gets stolen by other baddie who obviously uses it for evil, one of his curses activates and makes him to kill one of his friends (he practically goes insane), he tries to kill himself, daddy wakes up, he has to fight to kill his friends, he fails, he tries to sacriface himself to kill the daddy, he fails again, his final hopes for reviving his brother shatter... Anyway, the point is that CLAMP goes to ridiculous lenghts to torture their characters.
I think he is probably one of the most abused characters in anime history.
Hodou Okappa

Post by Hodou Okappa »

I remember the vampire thing. I always thought it was just an excuse to make Fai/Kurogane fans go crazy.
Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Yes, feel free to put up your OC's backstory~

So let's see... Claus from Mother 3
Gumshoe
Larry Butz
Snake
Clover from 999
Fai from Tsubasa
Patchouli

Post by Patchouli »

Not nearly as severe as some of these other ones, but Otacon?
All of the women in his life die. Two of them are love interests, the other is his little sister.
Also, Czes from Baccano!. Pretty big spoilers here.
Soon after he became immortal (at only age 10 or something), his apparent guardian Fermet decides to test the limits of their immortality on him in some pretty brutal ways. Acid baths, searing hot metal pokers in the eyes, burned alive, you name it. And then years later, after he thinks he can't be tortured any worse than he already was, the Rail Tracer proves him wrong by biting off his fingers, taking his arm and grinding it on the railroad tracks while the train they are on is moving at full speed, and generally making some horrifying threats that make him fear pain once again.

Things do eventually get better for him, but his entire life before that point was pretty sad AND abused.
Last edited by Patchouli on Tue May 03, 2011 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.