Sgt Frog

Discuss works of media, like films, television programmes and novels.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Sgt Frog

Post by enigma »

I LOVE THIS ANIME!!!
JUST TYPE UP ANY THOUGHTS OR REVIEWS ON EPISODES, 'KAY? :nod:
Remilia Scarlet
Spoken languages: English

Re: Sgt Frog

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

Why does everyone neglect the manga of everything?
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Oh god, THIS SHOW IS GREAT. It's hilarious!!!
It feels like an abridged series that's based on itself. I love it!
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Post by Singidava »

I have one volume of the manga but personally I didn't like it that much. It had too much toilet humor for my tastes.
To each his own I guess.
Remilia Scarlet

I tried the anime first and couldn't really get into it. Then the same thing happened with the manga.
TKinhonipei
Spoken languages: asdfjkl;

Post by TKinhonipei »

This thread inspired me to finally watch the first episode-- This show is pretty cool! I like it. :nod:
Gumpei is so awesome for being everything that I've always wished for. <3
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

Holhol is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BBblader© wrote:The strongest bonds you can make are the ones you aren't looking for, the ones that surprise you. I'm speaking from experience, so I believe in that pretty strongly. Think that's why so many relationships fail, because people wind up forcing themselves to find good in the other person, play up who they are to appear more attractive to them... but well... real love is being yourself, with someone who cares about you and accepts you for who you are.
enigma

Post by enigma »

Watching the Funimation dub was the first time ever that I thought that the anime was better than the manga of any anime!!! :awesome:
My top 3 fav episodes:
The space frog who stole christmas (Real name)
The episode where they make an anime
and the episode where keroro gets that moist power boost thingy!!!
"They really did fall from the sky..." LOL :awesome:
Oh god, THIS SHOW IS GREAT. It's hilarious!!!
It feels like an abridged series that's based on itself. I love it!
Funimation dub,right?
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Totally! I haven't gotten too far yet, only around Ep. 20, but yeah, I've been watching the Funimation dub. I love how they've broken the fourth wall to the point of there being no wall to even break. :XD: I especially love when they yell at the narrator (and even more, when that one cliche-looking alien guy starts arguing with him and pulls out a knife and yells "I'LL CUT YOU! Best moment I've seen imo).
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

enigma

Post by enigma »

I've got season 1 and 2 completely and I love them!
"If we're talking about cards I want to talk about movies..." :gumshoe:
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

I like this show, but as I've stated before, there are a LOT of things that prevent me from enjoying it.

The biggest things are:

Fuyuki; namely the fact that he is a whiny, whimpy, and overall annoying character. I wouldn't mind so much if he wasn't the ONLY frequently shown male character that WASN'T a space frog! (Besides Saburo, but he's doesn't appear nearly enough...)

The human characters; because they are irritating to me, mostly Fuyuki, Natsumi, and Momoka, and distract from the Space Frogs, the characters I WANT to see!

The "romance"; There's WAY too much, even if it IS played for laughs. It's also incredibly annoying and shallow, and does nothing overall, however, they're all treated as legitimate romances!! Momoka was entertaining at first, but after a few episodes, I wanted to strangle her!

Oh, and the fact that my brother imitates EVERYTHING from it, namely the "kerokerokero" thing, and the "kukuku" thing. Entertaining in the show? Yes. In real life. Hell no.

...Phew, glad I got all that out. That being said, I really DO like this show.

For example, Sgt. Keroro and all of his comrades are great. I love how Keroro's such a jerk, and always gets what's coming to him in the end. Dororo is also a favorite of mine; he's so awesome, yet he's got so many problems... Plus he's a good guy and a likable character. I also like Kululu for his deviousness... Giroro is also okay, he tries hard, but always gets it in the end. Tamama... I just want to step on him and shove his corpse down Momoka's throat.

The humor is very well done, in both the Dub and Japanese versions, though I found the Dub slightly funnier, if only because I could get the jokes a little faster. It also has some pretty good action scenes, like whenever Dororo or Giroro get into a fight.

So, that's my opinion...
Ryu Ushiromiya
Spoken languages: American English, Español (Puerto Rico)

Post by Ryu Ushiromiya »

This is Lucky Star for young people. XD
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! CLICK HERE PLEASE?
Apologies if I do not reply in a timely manner. Sig by Tap!

TKinhonipei
Spoken languages: asdfjkl;

Post by TKinhonipei »

Kerokerokerokero.

Still lovin' this show. :mrgreen:
Gumpei is so awesome for being everything that I've always wished for. <3
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

Holhol is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BBblader© wrote:The strongest bonds you can make are the ones you aren't looking for, the ones that surprise you. I'm speaking from experience, so I believe in that pretty strongly. Think that's why so many relationships fail, because people wind up forcing themselves to find good in the other person, play up who they are to appear more attractive to them... but well... real love is being yourself, with someone who cares about you and accepts you for who you are.
Remilia Scarlet

I'm giving the manga a good try and it's difficult. There is almost no continuity. Something happens and then the story just completely forgets about it. Bad, bad writing. In fact, it's not even a story. It's just a bunch of pointless events that lead to no where.
Spoiler : :
Finally the control goes to someone else, the story takes a dark, interesting turn by incorporating plot twists and character flaws, it looks like the frogs are actually going to pursue their goal for once... then it's as if the whole chapter never happened. WTF???
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Hold it! wrote:I'm giving the manga a good try and it's difficult. There is almost no continuity. Something happens and then the story just completely forgets about it. Bad, bad writing. In fact, it's not even a story. It's just a bunch of pointless events that lead to no where.
Spoiler : :
Finally the control goes to someone else, the story takes a dark, interesting turn by incorporating plot twists and character flaws, it looks like the frogs are actually going to pursue their goal for once... then it's as if the whole chapter never happened. WTF???
My suggestion=watch the English anime. It still has no real plot or continuity, but it's freaking hilarious, so it's the version I prefer.

Remilia Scarlet

Anime takes longer to get through but maybe when I have more time. Is it really that different? I recall the first episode being the same as in the manga. Plus, I don't really mind there being no plot, it's more the fact that they pretend there's a plot.