Progressive Rock discussion Thread

Discuss works of media, like films, television programmes and novels.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Sypherp4
Spoken languages: Alien

Progressive Rock discussion Thread

Post by Sypherp4 »

Hey guys this is a thread designed solely for the purpose of discussing the musical genre progressive rock.

Progressive rock is a type of rock that has tricky time signatures and technical riffs and licks that usually tell stories through song.

Popular Prog bands include:
Pink Floyd
Rush
Dream Theater
Spocks Beard
Transatlantic
Liquid Tension Experiment.

I really like progressive rock because i have been playing guitar for 5 years and it gives me a challenge to play covers of the bands songs, I write my own stuff too, I am creating a series of solo recordings soon of me playing guitar, drum, bass, vocals and keys. It should be fun for me and i will put it up online for free download. I am also in a Non-Serious band called System Malfunction.
But enough about me This thread is to bring all of the proggy ace attorney players together. I really hope to hear from many of you soon.

Search the bands above on youtube and you should get a fair idea of what this type of music is, if you are new to this genre that is.
Millions of peaches, peaches for me. Millions of peaches, peaches for free.
Spoiler : :
Really just really are you merrily spinning sincerity since you ought to seek integrity.
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Re: Progressive Rock discussion Thread

Post by Lind »

Prog is probably one of my favourite genres of music. Personally, King Crimson are one of my favourite bands from it. Also, The Mars Volta.
Sypherp4

Post by Sypherp4 »

not too keen on the mars volta but i dont mind king crimson
Kazuko
Spoken languages: English

Post by Kazuko »

...what.

With all the bands you have listed, THERE IS NO MENTION OF SOUND HORIZON!?!?!?!?! DISGRACE! DISGRACE! :evil: AAO, I am disappoint

Lol, I'm kidding. But seriously, Sound Horizon is underrated. Shame, because someone just uploaded all the songs to their latest album
Sypherp4

Post by Sypherp4 »

Okay, well as you have read, i mentioned popular bands that i know of.
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

Kazuko wrote:...what.

With all the bands you have listed, THERE IS NO MENTION OF SOUND HORIZON!?!?!?!?! DISGRACE! DISGRACE! :evil: AAO, I am disappoint

Lol, I'm kidding. But seriously, Sound Horizon is underrated. Shame, because someone just uploaded all the songs to their latest album
Because there were all of three posts by two members prior to this, and Sound Horizon aren't all that notable. I think it's pretty silly to act indignant about that.