Cartoons & Animation

Discuss works of media, like films, television programmes and novels.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Hodou Okappa
Spoken languages: English

Re: Cartoons & Animation

Post by Hodou Okappa »

BBblader© wrote:I'll have to re-watch PPG sometime, if Hodou says something I'm not inclined to doubt it. I haven't seen an episode since I was like 10.
Yeah but keep in mind that, like so many other shows, it just goes way up in quality after the first season or so. Some of the first episodes are just bland, though you should definitely at the very least watch Him and Mojo's introductions.
Also known as: okappa, houdou.
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

Zombeez wrote:I'm surprised nobody mentioned Futurama. I love that show! :larry: I'm so glad they renewed it after how many years later.
Y'know, I don't tend to see Futurama or 'animated adult comedies' in general as cartoons. But you do bring up a good point, as Futurama is pretty much my favorite show of all time. Home Movies is an incredibly close second, and probably would have topped Futurama had it had the chance to be consistently good for as long as Futurama has, Beast With A Billion Backs notwithstanding. (I freaking LOVE Bender's Big Score. Bender's Game and Into the Wild Green Yonder were all right.)

Other AACs I quite like include Metalocalypse, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Family Guy (Not a big fan of the newer seasons), South Park on occasion, American Dad, The Boondocks, and holy hell Archer. Archer's only had two seasons, so my love meter for it isn't quite up to Futurama's or Home Movies', but damn it's good. So so so so so so good. It's seriously the best show you aren't watching.
Hodou Okappa

Post by Hodou Okappa »

I saw the first episode of Archer and it blew me away. The rest of it was still good, but not as much. The writing for episode 1 was just amazing.
Also known as: okappa, houdou.
TrialmanAKASoma Cruz

Post by TrialmanAKASoma Cruz »

I just finished watching through Daffy Duck's Quackbusters. I love that movie, I would watch it anytime.
I love all generations of My Little Pony and I'm proud of it! Paste this into your sig if you are too!
To please my Yuri side. (Picture by adcoon on DA)
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.
Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Post by Gav »

Wackyman wrote:Invader ZIM was the best cartoon created by anyone ever. Everything that GIR said was just pure gold. The fact that it was cancel was just horrible. It was one of the only children's cartoons that had me laughing from start to finish.

Also, Ed, Edd n' Eddy was an awesome show. Just sayin'.
Still, Invader ZIM was a bit of a stretch for Nickelodeon. Back then, funny, today, DISTURBING. There are two episodes that really creep me out.
One was the series finale.
The other was when Gaz has a curse put on her that she can only eat hot dogs.

Although my best friend AND my sister love it. HOORAY FOR CABLE TELEVISION!
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
TrialmanAKASoma Cruz

Post by TrialmanAKASoma Cruz »

I watched one of my Top Cat DVDs last night. That is such an awesome show. I love it.
I love all generations of My Little Pony and I'm proud of it! Paste this into your sig if you are too!
To please my Yuri side. (Picture by adcoon on DA)
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

TwiGav wrote:
Wackyman wrote:Invader ZIM was the best cartoon created by anyone ever. Everything that GIR said was just pure gold. The fact that it was cancel was just horrible. It was one of the only children's cartoons that had me laughing from start to finish.

Also, Ed, Edd n' Eddy was an awesome show. Just sayin'.
I agree. The fact that it was dark and disturbing is what made it great. It was fun, funny and awesome. Although, the scene in bestest friends with the "present" scared the tacos out of me.
(Heh heh..Gir reference^.^)