As Told By Ginger

Discuss works of media, like films, television programmes and novels.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Holhol
Spoken languages: English

As Told By Ginger

Post by Holhol »

"Someone once told me the grass is much greener, on the other side..."

Ladies and gentlemen of AAO (mostly gentlemen), I am pleased to announce that I found an interesting cartoon... well, from my perspective, anyways.

I remember this show from when I was, like, 6... but being old now, it's a lot more interesting.

You should really look up the episodes on YouTube. The entire series (I believe) is on there.

You might, however, have to look up each episode manually. Here's a list of all the episode names.

And, by the way... if you watch Episode 0, which came out in 1998 as a really bad pilot... do be warned it's bad scripting compared to future episodes. :|

So, rejoice!
~Danielinhoni is the bestest friend anybody could ask for~

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

TKinhonipei is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Liquid Snake wrote:Snake, did you like my sunglasses?
Hodou Okappa

Re: As Told By Ginger

Post by Hodou Okappa »

When I was younger and still watching Nickelodeon religiously, there was an event called "Hamster's Pick of the Day."

They would have a hamster run on a wheel signifying a bunch of different TV shows and whichever show it stopped on would then be the one they broadcast.

That damn hamster never picked anything else. It really, REALLY loved As Told by Ginger.
Also known as: okappa, houdou.
Master Of Chaos

Post by Master Of Chaos »

Hodou Okappa wrote:When I was younger and still watching Nickelodeon religiously, there was an event called "Hamster's Pick of the Day."

They would have a hamster run on a wheel signifying a bunch of different TV shows and whichever show it stopped on would then be the one they broadcast.

That damn hamster never picked anything else. It really, REALLY loved As Told by Ginger.
......Wow, Really?

I remember when Nickelodeon had REALLY good shows back then. Although given, it hasn't decayed like Cartoon Network. ><

I think I actually remember being a fan of that show.
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
Patchouli

Post by Patchouli »

I loved this show. I have the theme song on my iPod, its great. As Told By Ginger was quality. Haven't seen it in a while though!
Hodou Okappa

Post by Hodou Okappa »

In retrospect it's kind of hilarious that her name was Ginger.
Also known as: okappa, houdou.
EmaTheScienceSkye
Winner of AC 1#!
Spoken languages: English, Chinese, French, Spanish, Japanese

Post by EmaTheScienceSkye »

Worst parents ever.
Your Resident Ema Skye Impersonator.
Blah.
Meph

Post by Meph »

Master Of Chaos wrote:I remember when Nickelodeon had REALLY good shows back then. Although given, it hasn't decayed like Cartoon Network. ><
Poor CN. What has Ben 10 done to you? :(
energizerspark

Post by energizerspark »

I clicked this thread because I thought it was about the OTHER Ginger...
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering
ShadowEdgeworth

Post by ShadowEdgeworth »

Meph wrote:
Master Of Chaos wrote:I remember when Nickelodeon had REALLY good shows back then. Although given, it hasn't decayed like Cartoon Network. ><
Poor CN. What has Ben 10 done to you? :(
They're killing Boomerang now as well! D:

On-topic, I remember this show. I watched it a few times and generally found it to be a fun show. Not as good as, say, Hey Arnold or Doug, but it was still pretty cool.

Epic Rap Battles of AAO History: Meph VS Unas l Phoenix Wright VS Glase Canon l SuperGanondorf VS GotMLK7 l Mimi Mika VS Zeel1

Winner of the Golden Star Award 2010!
Creator of Commander Mika Cadenza and Admiral Kathryn Jayneway in Endless Time!
Currently RPing as The Doctor, Shadow The Hedgehog, and Spider-Man in Dimensional Chaos!
Currently RPing as Spider-Man and Black Cat in Crossover Central!
Creator of Alexis Calika in Vermillion Sunset and Alex Tazian in Final Warfare!
Drey Wilkins
Spoken languages: English + Scraps of Russian

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Hmm... this thread seems to be better suited for reminiscing about the old days when we could all watch these channels and not feel outrageously stupid.
I sure hope I'm not the only one thinking that.

Anyway, this show sure does ring a bell. I think I remember some elements of it, along with 'My life as a teenage robot', and... 'rugrats'
Ahh... the Nostalgia...

But also, yes. Cartoon Network = Sellouts. It used to be okay. Then they... I'm not sure what they did.
I used to watch CN right up until three or so years ago, when I ad just turned 11. As I recall, it had two redeeming shows at that point: Chowder, (Wonderful) and Naruto. (When they actually had new episodes. >_<) Flapjack wasn't bad either, and...

Wait, what is the point in all this? You people have the American Cartoon Network. To illustrate the difference, let me provide an example.

We went to America, (LA, to be precise) a week before my 10th birthday. One day after coming home from Disney World, we watched an episode of Ben 10. Then we went home. about 5 months later, the same episode started running on our CN, under the pretext that it was new.

Yay.

And before anyone asks, NO. The trip was not for my birthday. They just happened to be at roughly the same time. On that note, the fly home actually made my birthday last 48 hours. 8)

Avatar and signature made by the wonderful Holhol.
Wackyman

Post by Wackyman »

And now The Annoying Orange is getting a show on Cartoon Network. Goodbye, CN. Nice knowing you.

Anyway, As Told by Ginger was a pretty good show. I can only remember vague parts of it. I remember that episode where the old lady dies in their home, and the sleepover at that rich girl's house...Ah, memories.
HIROSHI-SAMA IS STILL THE GREATEST.
SS Sleuth and I are the same person.
gotMLK7 fashioned the Trama picture below out of female skulls.

[3/19/14 11:31:48 PM] Ultimate Butt-Rubber (Gumpei): on the other hand you could try playing with your balls submerged in icy water
[3/19/14 11:31:51 PM] Nick (Hodou): yeah I'm thinking that's the idea.

Check out my first trial co-created with Dypo_deLina Firing up the Turnabout!
Call me Wacky.

EleventhSpade

Post by EleventhSpade »

Wackyman wrote:And now The Annoying Orange is getting a show on Cartoon Network. Goodbye, CN. Nice knowing you.

Anyway, As Told by Ginger was a pretty good show. I can only remember vague parts of it. I remember that episode where the old lady dies in their home, and the sleepover at that rich girl's house...Ah, memories.
And now The Annoying Orange is getting a show on Cartoon Network. Goodbye, CN. Nice knowing you.
The Annoying Orange is getting a show on Cartoon Network
The Annoying Orange is getting a show
.Saboteur

Post by .Saboteur »

Wackyman wrote:And now The Annoying Orange is getting a show on Cartoon Network. Goodbye, CN. Nice knowing you.

The Annoying... I... that's... ......what......?

...In any case, that's not what this thread is about... As Told By Ginger was alright. I rather preferred some other old shows on Nickelodeon (I believe Doug was mentioned, aw yeah bizzoy), but I still have some fond memories of that one.