Cartoons Past and Present

Discuss works of media, like films, television programmes and novels.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

What is your favorite era of cartoons?

1992-1996
No votes
1996-2002
54%
2002-2005
23%
2005-2008
15%
2008-present
8%

Total votes: 13

Holhol
Spoken languages: English

Re: Cartoons Past and Present

Post by Holhol »

AABattery wrote:Total Drama? Good? Blegh!

Anyway, I was watching The Fox and the Hound the other day with my mom. It was like going back in time, watching a commercial for The Lion King.
It's not bad. It's actually pretty fun. Though, it started to get bad towards the end of TDWT.
~Danielinhoni is the bestest friend anybody could ask for~

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

TKinhonipei is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Liquid Snake wrote:Snake, did you like my sunglasses?
Hodou Okappa
Spoken languages: English

Post by Hodou Okappa »

I dunno, I'm starting to feel that it's really pointless to say there's a problem with any era of cartoons. There are always bad ones and good ones, we just tend to forget the bad ones from our childhood, and it's easier to complain about bad cartoons nowadays because we rarely actually watch them.

I can probably name one cartoon from every one of these time periods that I thought was good.
Also known as: okappa, houdou.
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

AABattery wrote:
Lind wrote:Grim and Evil (or nowadays, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy)
I don't get what you mean by "nowadays". Lots of people loved it back when it first came out and no new episodes are being aired...
I'm just pointing out that the show transitioned from one to the other, I'm not saying either was better than the other.
Drey Wilkins
Spoken languages: English + Scraps of Russian

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Well, for me, up until the point where I flicked away from Cartoon Network and lost myself in Sky Movies, Comedy Central, and Discovery, I only had two shows that I considered watchable on CN. Namely Chowder - great. and Flapjack - not so great, but still okay.

But now, looking back, there were at least two other shows that I enjoyed immensely: Code-name: Kids Next Door, and the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. Both were good, but TGAoBaM took the cake, for being the first show I watched with satirical humor - which is my favorite kind.

I wish I could watch it again... Especially Underfist....

Anyway, there is one thing I love about this topic: Almost everyone on AAO has experience with CN, or any others like it. (Darn foreigners) Which is nice, because everyone can talk and reminisce about it. Who would have thought that one of the largest things to bring most people 'together' wouldn't be AAO, but simply doing some kind of time traveling warfare on CN?

Avatar and signature made by the wonderful Holhol.