The AAO Official Scary Things Topic

Discuss works of media, like films, television programmes and novels.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

energizerspark
Spoken languages: English

Re: Creepypasta (Warning: Some elements may scare younger us

Post by energizerspark »

I should probably have worded that better.
I meant a disclaimer in the OP and thread title.
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

$Fth wrote:Do NOT read this if you are easily scared. Warning: somewhat graphic imagery but nothing more than blood.
Spoiler : :
I'm not sure exactly what sort of graphics they used to make sure it didn't animate until the person scrolled down that far, but still, pretty amusing

I think it would've been a bit nicer if there had been some "lasting remains" or "proof of the encounter" at the end but oh well
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Heres some good creepy pasta, make sure to watch the channels in order as it is all affected by same story...

http://www.youtube.com/user/blametruth# ... AE5283FCF2

http://www.youtube.com/user/blametruthproject

http://www.youtube.com/01A51CD0
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
energizerspark

Post by energizerspark »

I have decided to expand this topic. It is now...
The AAO Official Scary Things Topic, or the AAOOST for short!
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering
Hodou Okappa

Post by Hodou Okappa »

Bad Player wrote:
$Fth wrote:Do NOT read this if you are easily scared. Warning: somewhat graphic imagery but nothing more than blood.
I'm not sure exactly what sort of graphics they used to make sure it didn't animate until the person scrolled down that far, but still, pretty amusing

I think it would've been a bit nicer if there had been some "lasting remains" or "proof of the encounter" at the end but oh well
*afraid to click*
Is that the one where you're reading the comic and when you scroll to a certain point the page just drags you through it like a flipbook and you see the lady turn around against your will? Because that one was freaking brilliant. I never finished reading, I just NOPE'd out of it.
Also known as: okappa, houdou.
$Fth

Post by $Fth »

Hodou Okappa wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

*afraid to click*
Is that the one where you're reading the comic and when you scroll to a certain point the page just drags you through it like a flipbook and you see the lady turn around against your will? Because that one was freaking brilliant. I never finished reading, I just NOPE'd out of it.
Bingo.
And all the carries and junglers will look up and shout "Save us!" and I'll whisper...
"MORDE ES NUMERO UNO HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE"
Bad Player wrote:In comparison, you put objects in bags.
Just call me Ike.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Re: The AAO Official Scary Things Topic

Post by gotMLK7 »

Sorry to revive an old topic, but I wanted to talk about creepypasta. Namely my recent obssesion with it. xP

Seriously, I flipped out at the sight of BEN a few weeks ago, and now I listen to Creepypasta on Youtube (MrCreepypasta's readings are great) while reading other creepypasta on the wiki as Jeff the Killer stares me down on the side. I've read a crap ton of Pastas now. I even made it through an MLP pasta called Cupcakes, infamous for tis gore (btw it's pretty messed up, so avoid if you're queezy reading about entrails and canniblism). And don't get me started on the Pokepastas, I've read Lost Silver, Strangled Red, N's Rage, Glitchy red, Tommyboy, Audino wants to play, Creepy Black, etc. etc. Heck, I've decided to even begin creepypasta reviews on YouTube, and wrote an entire first episdoe on Lost Silver within the last two or so hours. Yeah, I've gotten horribly used to creepypasta by now. I'm even considering writing one. Seriously, I'm barely phased now.

The only one that still scares me? The masterpiece known as Who was phone...*chills*
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

FaffleMaster

Post by FaffleMaster »

Okay, so this isn't a creepy pasta but any fan of Uncharted will understand where I'm coming from here. So I recently started playing the first Uncharted and it was great. The controls were tight, it had a very Indiana Jones feel to it. Suddenly, I get to the last chapters of the game (The entire game takes place on one island by the way.) WHEN THESE THINGS COME OUT OF FREAKING NO WHERE
http://uncharted.wikia.com/wiki/Descendants
After a huge fight with these things, the game puts you in a bunker area with little to no light and the game becomes a survival horror game.

It was terrible.
check out this webcomic I'm making. :D
Wolf Speaker
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

Post by Wolf Speaker »

Hodou Okappa wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

*afraid to click*
I just read it. It was pretty cool! :D I especially love how it seems like the lady's gone away and that the danger has passed when all of a sudden, creepy face. It even made my heart jolt a bit.
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

I've officially released my first creepypasta review!
Pokemon: Lost Silver Review
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

I tried talking to Cleverbot. I figured I'd mess around and ask about Ben Drowned, like everyone else. There was the normal stuff. "What happened to Ben?" "He drowned." "Where did Ben drown?" "In Majora's Mask." But the creepy one was this:
"Did Ben Drown?"
"Yes. The old man killed me."
...WTF?!?!

Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

So I was showing my friends this creepypasta I had read a while back (not really into the stuff, it was the only one I recall reading actually), and my friends ended up looking up more of the stuff and we read tons of them.

On the whole? I was pretty underwhelmed, honestly. I haven't read ALL of the infamous ones or anything, and maybe in general it's just difficult to scare me, but on the whole I just wasn't very creeped out.

And seriously, how many times are people going to reuse that "All characters from X cartoon are actually all ghosts and died in these horrible ways" gimmicks? The Rugrats one is actually interesting because it provides quite a bit of backstory for the theory, but all the other ones (Recess, South Park, etc.) just seem to make up crap for the heck of it.

Lost Silver was interesting (and Amy's Video kinda is, since I've heard from people that it's true) and parts of Cupcakes are gross (well, the whole concept is gross but only a couple of lines in it actually made me go bleh), but the only one that I believe truly horrified me was Squidward's Suicide. Like there's a video on YouTube claiming to be the real footage and I was just cringing at the thought, I was NOT going to freaking watch it no matter what. Thank goodness it was age restricted... we did end up watching some fanmade stuff of it, though. And those were also pretty frightening. It's to the point where I REALLY can't look at Squidward the same way right now. Cupcakes didn't do that to Pinkie Pie for me and Lost Silver didn't do it to anything Pokemon-related.
$Fth

Post by $Fth »

Cupcakes isn't really a horror-fic in the first place, just a shock-fic, really. And I never did read Lost Silver but like I had told you earlier, I've never been that scared while reading creepy stories, it's always later when I'm trying to sleep that I start to get reeeeally paranoid.
And all the carries and junglers will look up and shout "Save us!" and I'll whisper...
"MORDE ES NUMERO UNO HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE"
Bad Player wrote:In comparison, you put objects in bags.
Just call me Ike.
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

It IS a shock fic, but I think it's intention is to be horrifying to those who watch the show, because they still keep Pinkie's personality intact the entire time, which is the scariest part of it, really.

And that's what tends to happen to me, too.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

I didn't react much to Cupcakes (common for me), but I will say it's the goriest and most violence-descriptive pasta I've ever read. It's certainly one of those ones that would absolutely HORRIFY people who are weaker to creepy things.