The Dark Knight Rises

Discuss works of media, like films, television programmes and novels.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

The Dark Knight Rises

Post by Lind »

The fire rises.

So, I saw this yesterday. Arguably the weakest installment of the trilogy, but that says more about Batman Begins and The Dark Knight than it really does about this. Definitely a fantastic movie.
Spoiler : :
My only real complaint is that Bane was, at the end of the day, little more than a pawn. I wish they had put more effort into making his intelligence clear, as that is a key part of Bane's characterisation in general. When you make the League of Shadows' plan someone else's, he loses the clearest sign of his intelligence, as good as that twist was.
Generally, I would rank the Batman villains as such: Joker>Scarecrow>Two-Face>Rha's Al Ghul>Bane>Catwoman

Not to say that Catwoman was bad either, just that she felt kind of tacked-on to the whole thing... you could have replaced her with someone else and not changed the movie much. Still the best Catwoman so far, though.
Spoiler : :
Oh, and I loved the whole Robin twist.
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Post by Gumpei »

I'm honestly amazed at how many people refer to it as the weakest in the trilogy. I mean, I don't really like Begins much, but I actually consider this to be the best of the three, and I loved The Dark Knight.

Also, Catwoman seemed pretty damn important to me (though I wouldn't consider her a villain). 0_o And Anne Hathaway was fantastic. If anybody seemed tacked-on, I'd say it was JLG's character. Though I loved what they did with him at the end (which I predicted the second I walked into the theater).
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

Well, I consider it roughly equal to Begins. I'm still contemplating it.

I will say this, though: Michael Caine stole every scene he was in.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

My Dark Knight was rising when I heard Anne Hathaway was playing as Catwoman...she looked pretty yummm

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I can't live with the fact that Rises would have been completely different had Heath Ledger didn't pass away :(