Gunnerkrigg Court

Discuss works of media, like films, television programmes and novels.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

lazyplague
Spoken languages: English

Gunnerkrigg Court

Post by lazyplague »

Since i'm lazy and have no idea how to say things i'll just use TvTropes' description
Tvtropes wrote:Gunnerkrigg Court is a Science Fantasy webcomic by Tom Siddell about a strange young girl attending an equally strange school. The intricate story is deeply rooted in world mythology, but has a strong focus on science (chemistry and robotics, most prominently) as well.
Spoiler : This part is spoilers so I spoilered it :
Antimony Carver begins classes at the eponymous U.K. Boarding School, and soon notices that strange events are happening: a shadow creature follows her around; a robot calls her "Mommy"; a Rogat Orjak smashes in the dormitory roof; odd birds, ticking like clockwork, stand guard in out-of-the-way places. Stranger still, in the middle of all this, Annie remains calm and polite to a fault.

Meanwhile, Annie befriends the technically-minded Katerina Donlan, whose parents both teach at the Court. The two serve as foils for each other: Kat's energetic, outgoing personality plays off Annie's initial reserve, which enables much of their character development.

Kat soon gets roped into Annie's investigations of the Court's mysteries, but every answer they receive raises more questions: about the school, about their fellow students, about the woods just across the river, and about their own parents. Soon, they start stumbling on creatures and intricate symbols from all possible mythologies — as well as plain old chemistry — topped off by the Oasisamerican trickster god Coyote, who has his own designs for Antimony and the school premises. Throughout all this, Annie and Kat uncover the story of a truly frightening ghost woman, whose portrait is worshiped by Gunnerkrigg's crew of golem robots and who seems to be the key to some of the school's greatest mysteries.
Each chapter is a self-contained Story Arc. However, after several chapters, connections begin appearing between seemingly unrelated plot threads—but the exact nature of their link remains tantalizingly (or frustratingly) unclear for now. Although the story draws on some dark childhood fears, there is more than enough optimism (both innocent and realistic) to offset it.

You should start from the beginning. Don't be put off by the style — the comic's art evolves quickly.
(I'll make my own description someday I swear)

Basically it's this is a really interesting webcomic that for some reason I could not stop reading.
Thoughts? Discussion?
Sleuth

Re: Gunnerkrigg Court

Post by Sleuth »

HALP.

It's too much

I can't stop reading

halp
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

S.S. Sleuth wrote:HALP.

It's too much

I can't stop reading

halp
DON'T WORRY SLEUTH YOU'RE ALMOST CAUGHT UP IT'S OKAY.
Wolf Speaker
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

Post by Wolf Speaker »

So like. More people should read this.
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
KruskaTheLizard
Spoken languages: English, learning German, French, and Spanish.

Post by KruskaTheLizard »

Wut.... Guys help I can't stop reading this as well kelp
I like this.
I have gone over to the dark side.
"This person has recently got a scary change of his personality"
- Darksyde -